[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>current year >no giant saltwater lakes for marine fishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3133.jpg (36KB, 658x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3133.jpg
36KB, 658x359px
>current year
>no giant saltwater lakes for marine fishing in landlocked states
>we're still wasting water on keeping fucking golf courses green in the summer
>>
File: dolphin.png (891KB, 500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin.png
891KB, 500x1500px
>>1067133
How feasible is this in reality? Would the salt in a man made lake gradually dissipate as time goes on? We gotta look into this.
>>
>>1067499
Dude they didn't even start putting golf courses in the southwest until literally just a hundred years ago. Of course it's feasible.
>>
File: seagal.png (202KB, 497x283px) Image search: [Google]
seagal.png
202KB, 497x283px
If a natural lake, that means it's connected to its watershed and I bet having saltwater feeding into fresh is a bad idea. additionally since it will be fed freshwater from its tributaries and rainfall, keeping it saltwater would be hard.

If a reservoir with somehow all run-off blocked off, which is unlikely, good luck convincing the state to not utilize it as an actual reservoir for freshwater supply.

So it's not a problem of wasting water, the problem is first figuring out how to contain all this saltwater from damaging local wildlife.

..after that the problem is still wasting water for such a thing. Again, water is a valuable resource, and the only reason they build reservoirs to begin with is to keep a supply of freshwater, fisheries just happen to develop well in them.
>>
>>1067133
>giant saltwater lakes

Brine shrimp aren't too fun to catch
>>
>>1068288
>waste of water
Literally most of the world is saltwater. Just ship it from the sea here by the trainload.
>I wish Donald Trump characters would spend money on cool shit like this instead of the same lame ass rich people shit like golf.
Something is legitimately wrong with you if you enjoy playing golf in 100o weather. Let alone if you pay millions of dollars to build golf courses in literally the hottest regions of the Earth.
>>1068301
Idk how yuge its got to be but it'd be cool to stock a big salt pond with some tuna lmola
>>
>>1067499
I think they got some stocked fishing resorts in Asia that are like that.
>>
>>1067133
i agree that we should stop golf because of how MUCH FUCKING ROOM it takes up. but for different reasons
>>
>>1068797
Actually this. Nobody needs to level 50 acres of wilderness so that rich people can whack a ball around for a few hours on the weekends.
>>
>>1067133
>lawn culture

Fuck lawn culture.

Also, I don't really see that working out, OP, as everyone is mentioning.
>>
>>1067133
Look up the Salton Sea. The story of that place will explain to you why your idea isn't done.
>>
>>1068820
>emerald green grass in Prescott, AZ; 110 F heat
>"no op you can't fill a pond with saltwater and put saltwater fish in it, that would never work"

You're obviously under a Jewish spell.
>>
>>1067133
russia has them :^)
>>
>>1068875
I know other parts of the world do, anon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.