[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any dutch /out/ists know any worthwhile hikes? I live in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: vlag.jpg (656KB, 2126x1535px) Image search: [Google]
vlag.jpg
656KB, 2126x1535px
Any dutch /out/ists know any worthwhile hikes? I live in the western part (Delft) since recently starting university there. I haven't been able to find any worthwhile hike spots or nature in general though any dutchfags that can help me out recommend locations/stuff to do?
>>
>>1065532
Mate, you are a dutchfag. There is no nature left, only cultured land. Try to enjoy the cracks between man made structures and whatever grows in it.

You can however just jump into a train to Germany, Hannover. Then from there to Osterode. Then by foot through the Harz national park on the Hexensteig. It's 5 days of hiking and totally worth it.
>>
>>1065532
Try the Schoorlse duinen mate. Highest dunes in the low lands, and pretty pretty in my opinion. Don't expect to have the area all to yourself however, and prepare to say hi to a shitload of grumpy old couples on bikes.

I once did some easy hiking and wildcamping there. There's plenty of places to hide a tent and after dinertime you'll pretty much have the area to yourself. If it hasn't been too dry, building a campfire shouldn't get you in any trouble either if you're smart about it.

Good question by the way. Finding nice area's in our shitty delta can be a challenge, especially in the western randstad area. I'm from Delft as well by the way ^^
>>
Although >>1065550 has a point, there are some things you can do.

THe best is to take the 3-4 hour drive to the German Eifel. If you are looking for multiday hikes, the 'Wildnis Trail' and the 'Eifelsteig' are pretty good. Otherwise, you can find a place to stay for pretty cheap and just do day hikes.

The nearest thing that can pass for a forest in the Netherlands is probably starting at Ziest and then going eastwards. There will be some pretty nice areas, but they'll be small and you'll meet plenty of people.

If you're looking for a multiday trail in the Netherlands, go do the 'Pieterpad' or bits of it.

Also, there is the Biesbosch, but it's mostly insects and swamp. Nice to rent a small boat though.
>>
>>1065532
Just do what your other fellas do during summer, board up a plane and come enjoy sun, sand, water and bitches in southern Europe.
>>
>>1065829
I meant Zeist, ofcourse
>>
>>1065532
>Randstad
>out

Veluwe is pretty /out/-tier. Closest thing we have to a proper forest. At least there's bits where you're surrounded by trees a good 10km in every direction.

Also should I major in electrical or mechanical engineering? Starting there this year but I can still choose between those two.
>>
Take a drive to Norway
>>
>>1066775
>Veluwe is pretty /out/-tier.
Was there this weekend, would recommend Veluwe Zoom, it's quite pretty desu.
>>
>>1065532
Find a group of water scouts and see if you can rent one of their boats. If you know how to sail you can have quite a good outing. See if you can find a good bridge to sleep under and you're all set up.

Take a friend if you can, it's quite tough to man a boat all by yourself.
>>
>>1067010
>drive from Delft to Norway
>1562 km
>>
Utrechtse Heuvelrug, Noord-Hollandse Duinreservaat, en Zuidlimburg have nice walking routes. Not /out/ at all, but the walking routes are nice and at least its something man
>>
>>1065550
>There is no nature left
Haha, good one! Although we're small, we have a great biodiversity. No, we don't have mountains. You just have to look in a different way.

>>1065831
The NL has made a TV series about a holiday like that, it's called 'Oh oh Cherso'. Shallow af

For OP: The ANWB has some great hiking routes, some of them are provided free, some of them you'll have to pay for: https://www.anwb.nl/wandelen/wandelroutes/zoeken
Or try Wandelnet (Hikingnet): http://wandelnet.nl/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.