[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How great is New Zealand for /out/? Seems like /out/ is an integral

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 18

File: new-zealand-1400x788-1.jpg (315KB, 1400x787px) Image search: [Google]
new-zealand-1400x788-1.jpg
315KB, 1400x787px
How great is New Zealand for /out/? Seems like /out/ is an integral part of life there

Also
>mountains
>fishing
>hunting
>ocean
>not really dangerous wildlife afaik
>low population
I mean the only downside I can see is the relatively small size of it, other than that seems like a great place.

Kiwis tell us more and show some nice pics.
>>
>>1065256
Don't come here. It's full of kiwis
>>
>>1065261
I won't, would never leave my country, just curious. Maybe one day I will visit it, tho.
>>
>>1065256
come to oregon. same thing.
>>
>>1065261
>don't come here, it's full of asians
Ftfy
>>
File: IMG_1242.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1242.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I live near Fiordland in New Zealand. I took pic related looking down some valley there, I can not remember where exactly but there is a lot of that sort of stuff here. I will try to list the pros and cons of Fiordland the way I see them. Fiordland is the largest national park in NZ and lies on the lower west coast of the South Island.

Pros:
>very beautiful mountains and scenery
>aside from major tracks, it is very untouched by people
>no paying for national park access
>no dangerous animals
>lots of deer to shoot and trout and salmon in the rivers
>small country but very easy to lose yourself in the bush

Cons:
>weather can be fatal and is extremely changeable
>not much to survive off unless you have a rifle or a fishing rod
>most native fauna is endangered because of introduced mammals
>/out/ is not an integral part of life for most people. this is meme used to attract tourists
>gear of any kind is expensive here
>keas can and will steal your things

I probably missed a whole lot of stuff but my advice would be that you could probably find somewhere with similar geography much close to home. If you do come here then make sure you have proper clothing for very wet conditions so you don't get caught out. Will follow up with a few more pictures I took.
>>
File: IMG_1237.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1237.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1065481
>>
File: IMG_1290.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1290.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1065484
This one is a Milford sound, which is incredibly popular with tourists.

Also the last one was sideways. I guess that is what I get for taking all my photos with a phone.
>>
>>1065481
>>1065484
>>1065485
I can assure you that all these photo's are fake / photoshopped. If you wan to travel to another country, go to Australia. I heard they like foreigners.
>>
File: aus.jpg (157KB, 800x1091px) Image search: [Google]
aus.jpg
157KB, 800x1091px
>>1065528
Aussie detected
>like foreigners
what planet are you on
>>
some pics ive personally taken from up north
>>
>>1065548
personally i think its the best country on earth im an ex brit and love every second of this country
>>
>>1065528
Are you a native? No? Then stop meming, no one wants to steal your country from you.

>tfw watching kiwi bushman and the flames tourists every other video.
>>
It's one of my dreams to go there and hunt fallow deer and maybe red stag with my bow, while fly fishing for two weeks in the backcountry.

I like public land hunting without any guides, all on my own. I know there's probably a thousand places to do that in NZ, but can anyone recommend a particular region or park ideal for it?
>>
>>1065549
>ex brit
The worst people. The UK should be removed from the Commonwealth.
>>
File: IMG_20170711_145709.jpg (3MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_145709.jpg
3MB, 2336x4160px
>>
File: IMG_20170711_145717.jpg (2MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_145717.jpg
2MB, 2336x4160px
>>
File: IMG_20170711_145458.jpg (3MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_145458.jpg
3MB, 2336x4160px
>>
>>1065324
fuck off, we're full. go to montana or idaho.
>>
>>1065528
Yeah actually what he said. Fuck off we are full.

But seriously it is a pretty nice place here.
>>
File: 500full.jpg (73KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
500full.jpg
73KB, 500x371px
I am kinda hoping that mahana would let the /out/ MGTOW join their commune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD5Wtmt7UMo

They need new blood pretty bad
>>
>>1066024
We should go back up the old man, looks like enough buildings to house a bunch of us. Wonder what the fishing ls like.
>>
>>1066024
>MGTOW
Get /out/ faggot, seriously git.
>>
File: 1819ffff.jpg (169KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
1819ffff.jpg
169KB, 720x900px
>>1065787
the uk should just be fucking removed
there is a reason i left
>>
>>1066933
No
>>
>>1065256
fuck off were full
uck off were full
ck off were full
k off were full

off were full
ff were full
f were full

were full
ere full
re full
e full

full
ull
ll
l
>>
>>1067870
wow, that must have take a while to do.
you must feel really passionately that immigration is bad.
What do you think about doing it as macaroni art?
>>
Less than a small australian "boring" city like adelaide live in the whole south island. Outdoors is fundamental to NZ life whether it be going out and hunting, or having a boat, or being a farmer. Or just road tripping all around it. Someone else said the small size must be a disadvantage but it's not. Top of the north to bottom of the south is like driving down the US west coast, it's not so small. It's bigger than many European countries

It has a good scene of independent minded travelers. If you book a tour look forward to being on a bus with a whole lot of chinese japanese and maybe some germans. The real tourist scene of nz is in queenstown or the west coast of the south island where there are hostels with someone random cleaning and cooking soup to stay there for free, and someone pioneering in adventure tourism in the surrounds.

Pic related is less than a days drive
>>
>>1069225
From this
>>
>>1065256
Fuck off cunt we're full.
>>
>>1069225
I'm a frog planning to spend a year in New Zealand with a working holliday visa
Which city would you recommend with nice outdoor opportunities nearby and enough tourists around for people to be accustomed to the likes of me ?
>>
>>1069583
No thats colorado
>>
>>1069585
>I'm a frog
Are you a frenchman or from /r9k/?
>>
File: grenouille chasseuse.jpg (154KB, 755x768px) Image search: [Google]
grenouille chasseuse.jpg
154KB, 755x768px
>>1069601
Frenchman I meant
>>
>>1069585
Go to Fiordland. Walk the Kepler Routeburn or Milford tracks or all of them. These take several days. You will need to book and pay to use the huts on the track. Its cheap. The are loads of Euro trash there at all times. You'll feel right at home. Stay in Te Anau its not a city. Walk a track called the Gertrude saddle it will only take a day you won't regret it.
>>
>>1069585
Can you drive? The good thing about NZ is you can drive for a maximum of 2 hours from literally anywhere and be at the sea or a national park.

I'd recommend staying/working in the South Island for most of the time (cheaper, less people and better scenery). Take a trip up through the north island for a month or two and hit up all the good spots then.

Queenstown is a good place to start. The town is a bit of a tourist hotspot, but that's for a reason - there's a lot of great stuff nearby. If you have any hospitality experience finding work shouldn't be too hard.

Christchurch is pretty cheap right now and is a decent enough city to live in, bit of a drive out to Arthur's Pass or any other cool spots though.

Fiordland has hands down the best scenery in the country, there's not much in the way of cities or people there however.

Nelson Lakes is my personal favorite national park in the country, (out of the way/not too full of tourists, some pretty neat lakes and varied terrain. Also it's chock full of manuka and smells great).

As for the north Island:

Wellington is the capital, it's got some cool stuff in the city but it's a bit lacking in terms of /out/ stuff nearby.

Rotorua is also a bit touristy and smells awful, but there's a decent amount to do.

Hamilton's a trap, avoid it at all costs.

Auckland is the closest to your typical american city, aka congested concrete jungle surrounded by sprawling suburbia on all sides. Most guys doing working holidays start here as it's where they fly into, then realise their mistake and leave after a few months.

Tongariro, Taranaki, Coremandel and Ninety Mile Beach are all good spots to check out.
>>
>>1070270
The Gertrude Saddle takes half a day return and can confirm is well worth it. Just don't slip and die please.
>>
>>1070298
>Can you drive? The good thing about NZ is you can drive for a maximum of 2 hours from literally anywhere and be at the sea or a national park.

I failed my driving test like 3 weeks ago but since I'm not planning on leaving before summer 2018 I'm pretty sure I'll have the licence before, I wouldn't leave without it anyway. I'll find a car over there

>>1070270
>>1070298
>>1070773

Thanks for the advice lads
>>
>>1070905
>summer 2018

French summer I meant, meaning not before september
>>
>>1070905
>I failed my driving test like 3 weeks
Anon...
>>
>>1069585
you can get to most decent outdoor locations easily from christchurch. plus laboring jobs are still about here and there and pay reasonably well. One thing New Zealanders hate, especially french ones, is how cheap they are as people, they expect everything for free and enjoy shitting in bushes. Be a nice tourist, pay your way like everyone else, drink lots of beer and you will fit in fine.
>>
Why cant we all just move to the abandoned hippie commune there?
The land and homes are free to anyone willing to live there.
It looks amazing.
>>
>>1071709
>the land
>free
what the fuck are you talking about, theres that one place up north that was on a vice documentary but other than that you'd be out of luck. Its easier to do /out/ in the US than NZ, far more restrictions and costs than what most people think.
>>
>>1065256
We are full, stay out!
>>
>>1071939
>Not wanting more libertarian immigrants of European descent
Ehh enjoy them Indonesians then.

>>1071928
What place is that? Sounds funny to visit.
>>
File: Kotaranakiotemaunga.jpg (751KB, 1963x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Kotaranakiotemaunga.jpg
751KB, 1963x1004px
>>1065256
Aw shit homie that's my Mountain.
I live right under this thing, beautiful Mount Taranaki. Pride and joy of the Naki.

Ko Taranaki O te Maunga

Also, fuck off, full etc.
>>
>>1071957
cant remember the name desu, vice nz covered it. Most people now just go and claim the free land rather than join the commune.
>>
>>1072155
Its nice land too
>>
Marlborough here recently got into outdoors fishing trekking very good round here
>>
>>1065256
fuck off /out/ we're full
>>
>>1072162
it does make me jealous desu. wish i could get me some free land and build a little house.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.