[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new as shit to camping so I have a potentially stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I'm new as shit to camping so I have a potentially stupid question. I'm assuming it's illegal to just go camping anywhere you want, but how do hunters and people who are way out in the wilderness camp if they aren't near a campground? Do you just have to hunt near campgrounds? I'm in WA state so there's plenty of state parks and BLM land nearby, I was kinda hoping to be able to go out and find a spot to camp alone, away from people.
>>
>>1065197
google "dispersed camping"

short version:
>blm, national forest
okay 99% of the time if you're not blocking a road and >100' from water
>national parks, state parks
varies from park to park if it's allowed, and how far from established areas you have to get before camping
>>
>>1065202

Thanks anon, the sticky linked to a website that called it "wild camping" and said it was illegal so I was a bit confused
>>
Assuming you are not building bonfires and cutting down trees you probably won't be noticed.
>>
>>1065197
>>1065202
Ooh let's make that 150' and don't put soap or shampoo in a lake
>>
>>1065197
Hunting and camping on private land is pretty common, but obviously the owner needs to be OK with it.

On public land the rules vary so wildly that you should just call the administrator of the land to see if dispersed camping is allowed and, if so, under what circumstances.

> I was kinda hoping to be able to go out and find a spot to camp alone, away from people.
If you're "new as shit to camping" you should keep in mind that this is a super easy way to get lost in the woods and die.
>>
>>1065765

Op ignore this faggot he just wants the good spots for himself also lakes make a good spot to wash your dishes so no bears get you. Soap is biodegradable and also a fertilizer that helps plants regenerate from global warming
>>
File: ibf2.png (982KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ibf2.png
982KB, 960x720px
>>1065197
Try Elbe Hills. It's near Mt. Rainier. I wish I took picures, but there is a campground there (oddly never seen anyone in it). Guns allowed too, believe it or not. You just cant discharge them within 300 ft of the camp. There is also a logging trail nearby that you can hunt. (I suggest looking at in google maps satellite view)

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/ElbeHillsTahoma
>>
>>1066268
Here are the coordinates for you to enter into google maps. It's my hunting/camping ground too. If you poach, I will know.

46.782469, -122.080361
>>
>>1066268

As I become more active I'll probably be carrying a pump action shotgun in a sheath on my pack. They aren't too heavy and the if I can carry one in my state, why not?
>>
>>1066338
I just use a sling for mine, its pretty heavy. Remington 870 Super Magnum.
>>
>>1066754

Are rangers cool with just slinging it on your shoulder? I don't want to startle anyone, I from North Seattle so people are really jumpy about guns where I live.
>>
>>1066918
They are okay with it as long as you have a legitimate reason (hunting, target shooting etc.) You'll be fine at that campground. By the way, Ive never seen any rangers there anyways.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.