[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into camping, hiking, hunting, etc. more? Who do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1484020263680.jpg (112KB, 803x737px) Image search: [Google]
1484020263680.jpg
112KB, 803x737px
How do I get into camping, hiking, hunting, etc. more? Who do you guys go camping with, and where can I find people? What about mountain biking or dirt bikes? Where can I find out more/get involved?
>>
>>1062983
go outside
>>
>>1062991
/thread
>>
>>1062983
Do it by yourself first, then see about going with other people. Where are you located?
>>
File: 1499514654707.jpg (114KB, 450x818px) Image search: [Google]
1499514654707.jpg
114KB, 450x818px
>>1063191
If you think you need to do it with anyone else you're doing it for the wrong reason.
If you think you need someone because you can't do basic research onnaweb then you should consider taking a bath with your toaster
>>
>>1063214
>If you think you need to do it with anyone else you're doing it for the wrong reason
That's what I was trying to convey to OP, and was going to follow up with some basic advice about going /out/
>>
>>1063214
>If you think you need to do it with anyone else you're doing it for the wrong reason.
I think it'd be nice to have someone go /out/ with tho. Not necessary, but it's understandable.
>>
>>1063237
Don't ever go with a woman.
Meet people /out/ don't start fresh with someone. Learn through personal experiences, like forgetting toilet paper, or from a wise onnatrail vet
>>
>>1062983
Why would anyone want to spend time with a faggot too lazy or stupid to use the catalog
>>1061451
>>1048024
>>
File: DSC_3835_.jpg (100KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3835_.jpg
100KB, 800x533px
>>1062983
>dirt bikes
Got one? Let's go ride.

I'll add:
>Snowmobiles
to this as well, but--
Join a club.
Snowmobile clubs are ... "different", I guess. Around here it's a lot of families, casual weekend trail-riders, but being part of a club they're usually a little more open towards going out with new riders. And when you start riding with people, you'll get some of "Hey, my buddy's looking for someone to go ride with next weekend".
Moto clubs/orgs, get involved and do a few poker runs/club rides. They're sometimes kind of a shitshow, but talk with other guys and see if anyone does casual rides or is willing to show a noob around.

You will need to put some effort into equipment/safety - most guys I know won't go ride with any schmoe. I have to trust the crew I'm riding with to ride safely, and in avalanche terrain, I have to trust them with my life should I fuck up and make a bad decision.
So get some gear (Safety/protective gear, first aid (training too), general idea of what to do and trail protocol).

Forums/websites are another good resource, both for some education before you get into the sport, and finding people to ride with.

Generally, "I'll ride with anyone once". There's guys that are my friends, meet up with 'em at the bar at the end of the day, but I won't ride with them again. But there's a lot more people that I'll happily ride with again.
>>
You can watch youtube videos.

Be sure to start with prepparedmind101, once you finish watching his videos then you can consider yourself as an expert. Without having to go /Out/
>>
>>1062983
check for campgrounds or hiking trails near you, grab the gear you'll need, and go do it. maybe you'll suck at it, maybe not. too many of us didn't grow up with someone to take us /out/ and teach us how to do things. we've learned from hearing, reading, watching videos. most importantly we learned from trial and error.

if you are worried about not using your equipment the right way then practice. if you're worried about failing on a hike then start taking long walks around your town with a heavy pack to get used to it. but don't just sit at home and wait for someone to show up like Gandalf to take you on an adventure. be your own goddamned wizard, OP. you can do it.
>>
File: 1488570062151.jpg (318KB, 808x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488570062151.jpg
318KB, 808x1080px
>>1064474
>too many of us didn't grow up with someone to take us /out/ and teach us how to do things

tfw youll never go /out/ with your dad and drink your first beer around the campfire while he teaches you how to shoot his favorite gun
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.