[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate sunburns more than anything, and the feeling of the sun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: acute-sunburn-10-1.jpg (45KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
acute-sunburn-10-1.jpg
45KB, 493x335px
I hate sunburns more than anything, and the feeling of the sun on my skin, even with sunscreen, makes me feel like Im going to wake up to lobster skin the next day.

I live in colorado and love hiking though. Normally I wear long sleeve clothing and get sweating and gross, but whatever.

Are there light colored ponchos for hiking I could wear to covere my arms, neck and head? Ive looked all over the internet and the most I can find is useless fashion for women.
>>
File: il_570xN.1126101349_f5a0.jpg (148KB, 570x830px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1126101349_f5a0.jpg
148KB, 570x830px
This hippie looks like a tool, but hes wearing something that looks like might breathe and protect from the sun. Anyone know of something actually designed for this purpose?
>>
File: poncho.jpg (122KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
poncho.jpg
122KB, 1024x1024px
Maybe something Latin-American style?
>>
>>1061670
That seems dark and thick though. Seems like it would get hot very quickly.
>>
>>1061671
Not if you don't wear anything under it
>>
>>1061671
That particular one is thick but there probably are lighter versions
>>
Well ponchos really aren't much more than a large square of fabric with a hole cut into it. You can easily make one yourself from a light fabric, prolly dirt cheap as well.
>>
File: 1498508003583.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1498508003583.gif
2MB, 500x281px
just went fishing on a bass boat wed/thu and I fried my fucking knees
hard to sit/stand and sleep
jesus its deep in the muscle I hope it heals soon
>>
>>1061671
its said you arent supposed to strip clothes off in a desert survival scenario, unless in heat shock. clothes dont cause heat, they slow and reflect the transference of heat. if its hotter outside than your body temp, clothing may keep you cool
>>
>>1061717
yes i know about clothing for sweat loss, but im talking from a heat standpoint. i also recognize the method of cooling through evaporation
>>
>not being brown masterrace.
Anglos btfo
>>
>>1061666
What makes you think a poncho is the solution to your problems?
>>
>>1061666

Ginger desert wonderer here,
What I do is get a few white dress up shirts from walmart then wash them with every load of laundry I do for a few months. They become very thin and breathable but keep me from getting cooked alive. And white cowboy hats.
>>
File: sun cap.jpg (1MB, 2070x2582px) Image search: [Google]
sun cap.jpg
1MB, 2070x2582px
>>1061666
What sort of long-sleeve clothing do you wear?

I've had good luck with really light nylon button down shirts, you just leave them unbuttoned and wear a thin undershirt underneath that way you get plenty of air circulation but your covered from the sun on all angles, all you need is some light synthetic pants and a hat like pic related and you should be good to go, sure you'll look like a fag but hey, it works remarkably well.
>>
Straw hat, bro.

Breathes. Wicks. Blocks the sun.

You are SO much more fucking comfortable in a straw hat than a baseball cap, nothing, or a faggot-ass Aussie hat.
>>
File: normal_lawrence17.jpg (38KB, 316x400px) Image search: [Google]
normal_lawrence17.jpg
38KB, 316x400px
>>1061666
>>
>>1061666
Put bandana on head, put on ballcap, tie bandana under chin. Keeps sun off ears and back of neck. Look like grandma but who gives a fuck.
>>
>>1063192
I second this. Lifegaurd-style sraw hat really is the way to go, for style and sun protection.

Don't get them wet though. Went into the ocean with mine and its permanently deformed.
>>
>>1061666
>covere my arms, neck and head
get a hat, sun-block sleeves, and maybe some helichrysum oil.
>>
>>1063667
>Don't get them wet though
how do they hold up to sweat senpai?
>>
>>1061666
Throw a rag or some type of scarf on your head and put a hat over it. it'll stop your neck from turning red
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.