[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

None of my mates like camping at all and I don't live close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: deer.jpg (156KB, 960x652px) Image search: [Google]
deer.jpg
156KB, 960x652px
None of my mates like camping at all and I don't live close to woodlands or anything like that, how do you meet people to go /out/ with.
>>
>>1061451
I think it's hard to go into the woods and make friends, but just try making an effort to meet new people and have as many genuine connections as you can. Once you make a bunch of new buddies, at least one of them is bound to be an outdoorsman. If not, you still have more friends than you did before, so it's a win-win.
>>
The answer is LARP.
>>
>Wanting Friends
Friends make you weak anon.
>>
>>1061451
Meetup.com
>>
>>1061451
if you use social media then you could make a post aimed toward friends of your friends and ask there. or wait for the next big house party/gathering and put word out that way. i met some random people at a friend's party and wound up hiking with them two weeks later
>>
>>1062124
True, actually works.
>>
I found my current climbing partner on tinder
>>
>>1062272
spelled grindr wrong
>>
I am in a very fucking similar situation, the closest area that I have are the everglades (which are not good at all, and is still like an hour drive.)
If I want some decent trails and woods it's like 4-5 hours.
None of my friends or family like /out/ either, so I am pretty fucked. I'll just head out alone whenever I have the chance.
FL fucking sucks, leaving this state eventually.
>>
>get job as /out/fitter
>almost none of my coworkers even go hiking
>everybody regards me as this mythical expert because I hike more than four times a month, often alone, and like to challenge myself
I'm ready to give up on finding a hiking buddy and just get a fucking dog instead.
>>
>>1061451
ikr, friends suck. Why don't any of them enjoy outdoor activities besides football?
>>
>>1061784
I lol'd
>>
>>1062337
>>
>>1062361
what jobs are the best /out/ jobs
>>
>>1062384
Being an /out/fitter can still be pretty cool sometimes. Bonus points for how wet the female customers get from the whole dynamic of you helping fit them for packs and such when they're new to the whole thing.
>>
In facebook groups.
>>
>>1062463
thanks man I'll look into
>>
>>1062384
Hobo
>>
File: sadface.png (63KB, 983x467px) Image search: [Google]
sadface.png
63KB, 983x467px
>>1061779
>>1062124
>>
>>1062707
Between pro deals, being surrounded by gear, and the daily experience of sharing your passion with the inexperienced it is easily the only job I've ever loved. If you're smart you can use it to transition farther into the outdoor industry as well. I know a ton of people who got noticed as outfitters and ended up being offered spots at companies like OR, Burton, BD, and Vasque.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.