[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to my first REI garage sale in the morning, any suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: REI.jpg (339KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
REI.jpg
339KB, 1024x576px
Going to my first REI garage sale in the morning, any suggestions from people who have gone before? Gonna try to get there early but can't beat the people camping out there. Share some REI success stories.

Plus general REI/outfitter thread
>>
File: 108156660_medium_1494266338.jpg (100KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
108156660_medium_1494266338.jpg
100KB, 471x600px
REI is overpriced as fuck
Everything they have is at LEAST 5%-10% over MSRP
Even for a sale you are better off just using ebay to find slightly used gear
>>
>>1060396
Not over msrp, just way over the price you can find shit elsewhere.
>>
/out/fitter here, if one more person asks me what temperature a jacket is good for I will burn down the fucking store.
>>
>>1060396
>>1060408
The only thing I get from the are Merino wool base layer stuff. Well worth it.

>>1060480
It's there a listing for that shit right there where they can see it?
>>
>>1060544
No. He is frustrated because people are retarded for asking questions like what temperature is this tshirt, shirt, pants or jacket rated for. Instead of is it windproof or insulated or something pertinent. Said people are going to a football game or car camping or other normie passtime and there question presupposes they know what the temperature is or would feel like or could be influenced by other clothes or activity levels or sun or wind or rain. He has to explain to them that they are retards while preserving the sale. It's all so tiring even for me thinking about it and I have never even done sales. Over and and over and over a bit of his soul is chipped away.
>>
>>1060583
Finally, someone understands. It's like I have to give a ten minute lecture to every third customer and their eyes just glaze over halfway through. These are the kinds of people who insist on buying Canada Goose parkas to walk to their car in the morning.
>>
File: reisalehaul.jpg (181KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
reisalehaul.jpg
181KB, 1080x720px
OP here from last night. Just got back from the garage sale and holy shit why have I not heard you guys talk about this before. Needed to upgrade my kit so I got basically everything for stupidly cheap.

main features

Osprey Kyte 46: MSRP 180, Sale 108
MtnSummet Bivy: MSRP 70, Sale 15
Jetboil MiniMtn Stove: MSRP 50, Sale 15
Thermarest Neoair Tekker Sleeping Pad: MSRP 127, Sale 37

Nothing was broken, it was all just returned because the returner didn't like the size or color or something silly. I seriously can't recommend these garage sales enough!
>>
>>1060663
here's an excel sc of the price breakdown. didn't realize it was this much holy moly
>>
>>1060480
hey man thanks for working there though. Last week was my first time visiting an REI and you guys were the most polite, informed and fun salespeople I've ever met.
>>
>>1060665
Well done, but it appears it won't fit in your pack
>>
>>1060396
Its overpriced but you make a decent bit of the extra back through the dividend they give out each spring. Plus they have pretty good return policies. (Although not as good as they used to have)
>>
>>1060692
actually just test filled the pack with everything + 2 waterbottles, a few sets of clothes, and some food (canned+dried). Easy friggin peasy
>>
>>1060381
I fucking love my REI shorts. Best pair of shorts I've ever owned. I bought them to wear hiking and now I waer them every day at work because theyre so light weight and breathe.
>>
>>1060713
i should pick up a pair next time i swing by, which might be this afternoon to grab some rope for cave exploration
>>
>>1060665
>TieDye Bandana

Go fuck yourself

>>/lgbt/
>>
>>1060583
There should be a list for stuff like that. Even the Wallmart here has that shit.
>>
>>1060594
Just make up really precise numbers like as low as 29.75 tested and felt great! Buy now dipshit!
>>
>>1060963
its like a bleached black one
>>
>>1060999
I just sell them as much shit as possible. The idiot tourists from cities finance the day to day cost of my being around to assist actual hobbyists and genuinely interested newcomers.
>>1060666
Thanks, man. I actually work at a smaller regional place but I do my best to help people out and keep up on the technical gear.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.