[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The wife and I are traveling to Boston next month for our anniversary.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Brewster-Island-opener.jpg (245KB, 1000x752px) Image search: [Google]
Brewster-Island-opener.jpg
245KB, 1000x752px
The wife and I are traveling to Boston next month for our anniversary.

I read that the Boston Harbor Islands are great for fishing and just /out/ shit in general.

>is it possible to rent salt water kayaks or do I have to take a ferry?

>how long do Boston fishing licenses take to process?

>are there any other /out/ shit to do in Boston?
>>
>>1058683
Boston fishing licences generally take about 6 months to process and that is only if you're selected in the lottery system. Also, unpowered watercraft (kayaks) have been banned for safety reasons so you might not have a good time.
>>
>>1058683
>going to Boston
Oh god why
>>
>>1058683
>>>/trv/
>>
>>1058683
I grew up in (greater) Boston. Here is how you get /out/:

1. Leave Boston
2. Go to NH/VT/Maine/Upstate NY/pretty much anywhere else

If you feel so inclined you can waste a lot of money to get semi-/out/ on Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket, but honestly, you're better off not getting within 100 miles of the city. Especially if you don't enjoy road rage.
>>
>>1058683
Live right outside of Boston now. Shit-tier /out/ possibilities. But here's a list for you to check out:
-last year there was free kayaking on the Harbor Islands, but it was a Ranger-led program
-you can rent kayaks on the Charles River in the Kendall Sq area. Take them one way to Allston (you'll be around the Harvard Sq area when you finish). It's 4.5 miles of a somewhat easy paddle with nice views of the city.
-You can do some quick easy hikes in the Blue Hills (south of Boston) or Middlesex Fells (north of Boston)
-you can rent kayaks on a bunch of random rivers/lakes in the greater Boston area too, but you'll need to do a bit more footwork on that

If you decide to go to the Cape, for the love of God don't drive. Take the train. If you end up driving, I've heard good things about Nickerson State Park.
-if you're into biking, it's actually pretty nice to bike around the city. You can rent those horrible slow Citi bike share bikes or regular bikes from a bunch of places.

>>1058895
This is pretty much true. For serious /out/ shit people drive north to NH, myself included.

>>1058783
dafuq????? Have a bunch of buddies that fish regularly and there was no 6-month wait. Get off those opioids man.
>>
File: 1490916932191.jpg (5MB, 4706x3123px) Image search: [Google]
1490916932191.jpg
5MB, 4706x3123px
Boston resident here. The islands are nice to go sightseeing at (outside the endless winter of course) but I don't believe you can camp on them. You'd have to do some research on the city websites or something.

Like these other anons said you'd have better luck being literally anywhere else in New England. Except for Rhode Island. Fuck that place.
>>
Middlesex-fag here, fells reservation isn't that great, I'm right by the fells resevoir and it's not great for /out/doorsmen, next to no freshwater swimming due to resevoir status, you can fish but most likely won't catch anything edible if you're inerested in eating your catch. Also in general it's a very suburban area.

If you can hazard the car ride NH is pretty enticing as it is closer than say Vermont. MA has a lot of Early US history and is known for that, less so its /out/ prowess.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.