[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's out doing for the eclipse next month? I'm either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

What's out doing for the eclipse next month?

I'm either going out on lake marion in sc or to sand hills in Nebraska
>>
>>1057173
eclipse goes right over my town so we're having a family reunion.
>>
Wanted to go Gros Ventre near the Teton's but my friend's couldn't make that trek across country; so I'm settling for the Smokies.
>>
What exactly is supposed to happen? I live right on it's path and will go outside if it's worthwhile.
>>
>>1057631
Hey Wyoming bro, Medine Bow is burning.
>>
>>1057657
Forest fires happen, man.

>>1057645
It will be dark outside when it is normally sunny

my buddy is putting together a professional camera set up so he can take photos without frying his sensor. It should go without saying, but even with sunglasses you shouldn't look at the sun directly while it is happening. You can get special glasses or build pinhole projection box to view it safely.
>>
>>1057173

I'm actually going to be in NE for the eclipse. Are you sure you're not looking at the map wrong? I thought the eclipse only passed through south eastern NE which is not sandy hills
>>
File: map.png (1013KB, 2122x1006px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
1013KB, 2122x1006px
>>1057682
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/interactive_map/index.html
>>
assuming my wife gets the day off work i'll be jamming up to eastern oregon the day before, watching the eclipse, then hammering back home.

if she has to work i'll be at home getting drunk to drown my depression and waiting for 2024.
>>
>>1057726
Why would you not go alone?
>>
>>1057831
i would be. we have a 2 year old, and if she doesn't work she'll stay home with him, and if she does i'm not going to subject him to 22 hours of being stuck in a carseat.
>>
I'm going to be canyoneering in Escalante as it is happening.
>>
>>1057844
In hindsight , is the babby worth the sacrifice?
>>
File: hike.jpg (536KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
hike.jpg
536KB, 1306x980px
>>1057880
100%. he's the best thing to ever happen to me.
>>
File: 1486673206754.jpg (108KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486673206754.jpg
108KB, 576x768px
>>1057886
thats a cute
>>
>>1057895
thanks. he can already hike a mile and a half, and has been tent camping a bunch, so this september when the weather and mosquitoes are better for it we're going to take him backpacking. :)
>>
>>1057886
I can't wait to take kids hiking and camping.
>>
>>1057918
Enjoy it before the cunt/cuntry takes your kids away from you
>>
>>1057959
That wont be the country anon.
Its ex wives that take children and hold them ransom.
Its fucking brutal
>>
>>1057959
LOL

I'm the one mooching off of her, trophy husband and all...
>>
>>1057962
enjoy it while it lasts anon, women are hypergamous and will upgrade at the drop of a dime. even after having kids with you
>>
>>1057962
whaddup, fellow kept man. life's good, ain't it.

>>1057984
ah yes, because i'm going to believe your imaginary pessimistic opinions, not the evidence i've seen in my life.
>>
>>1058079
You are young
Life is long
>>
>>1058087
i'm 36 and i've been married for 11 years. i'm comfortable basing my outlook on women and relationships on my experiences and the experiences i've seen around me, and not the misogynistic musings of invisible strangers. but you do you.
>>
Goes over my town the week before classes start. So probably darty
>>
>>1057844
>we have a 2 year old
>>1057880
>In hindsight , is the babby worth the sacrifice?
Trust me, 2 years is at least 20 years too soon for any "hindsight." Hard to imagine how many steps lie ahead.
The good news is that anon will not even remember life before the babby and will not have time to worry about it anyway.
>>
>>1058100
>36 and i've been married for 11 years.
My friends all seem to do great til early 40s.
Good luck.
>>
>>1058307
riiight. why do i get the feeling that if i'd said i was 26 all your definitely not imaginary friends would have done great until their early 30s.
>>
>>1058385
really defending your opinion here anon. I have a feeling you don't believe what you preach. Enjoy your porky wife tho.
>>
ain't doing shit captain. probably be mowing.
>>
>>1058385
>>1058385
Look up some divorce stats anon,
>>
File: 1491835323870.jpg (103KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491835323870.jpg
103KB, 720x960px
>>1058385

Here is me in another thread laying it out.
This was from before you mentioned your age.
Please be careful with your heart anon.
>>1055952
>>
>>1058385
Because you are a cuck or a roastie who calls men muhsoggyknees obviously and acknowledging reality would destroy your psyche. You will get there eventually
>>
>eclipse thread
>full of jaded dinguses who can't even define a healthy relationship
Cool. I'm going to drive a few hours down to southern Illinois. Going to make a comfy two day trip out of it. Car camping, hiking, and beer.
>>
>>1057666
Hey, WYbro. I'm thinking about driving up to that section of Medicine Bow that's southeast of Casper. Bad idea or best idea? How packed you think it'll be if I get there friday?
>>
>>1058512

> can't even define a healthy

Projection
>>
>>1058514
You'll be fine. Everyone is focusing on Oregon, Washington, the Tetons, and the Smokies.
>>
>>1058512
I do not know why anons have to constantly drop hints about wives , gfs and kids.
It always ends like this.
I think they do it on purpose
>>
File: 1499832947659.jpg (13KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1499832947659.jpg
13KB, 500x342px
>>1058548
Because it's a big part of their lives that influences their every moment. I'm happy to see that there are plenty of /out/ people with strong social bonds. You don't see the same reaction when people mention friends.

>>1058516
Ok. Open communication and mutual trust. No hiding insecurities. OPEN COMMUNICATION. A willingness to discuss anything and everything. No fear of judgement. A mutual desire for growth and support, both offering and receiving.
O P E N C O M M U N I C A T I O N
T R U S T
C O M P R O M I S E

Ok I spelled it out for you. Of course you first have to find someone who also understands the importance of building a healthy relationship. In my experience such people recognize each other after they've experienced enough bad relationships to know what they really want from a relationship.

Fug my alcohol tolerance is low right now.
>>
Portlandfag here. Probably gonna take the day off work and drive down to Salem so I can see the total eclipse.
>>
>>1059652
>Because it's a big part of their lives that influences their every moment

It has nothing to do with /out/ and it derails every thread where they mention it.
It needs to stop.
>>
>>1059788
>derails
Then stop paying attention to and reeeing at people mentioning families and partnets.
>>
>>1059793
You are not going to stop those guys anon. You have to be the bigger man here.
>>
>>1059814
>Just man up and support your wife's son because those virgin manchildren.....

Are you a whiteknight or a roastie?
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (33KB, 233x431px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
33KB, 233x431px
>>1059788
>the people you go /out/ with have nothing to do with /out/
>the people being triggered by others having wives or gfs aren't the ones derailing the threads
lol, okay
>>
this thread is proof that no one on out actually goes /out/
>>
>>1059899
not doing shit captian.
>>
Working in Thunder Basin Nat'l Grassland in WY. Lots of campers expected.
>>
Interesting. It seems a thread has escaped from /r9k/
>>
The eclipse this years falls on my birthday so a couple friends and myself are going to go down to Tennessee to see it. Still working out all the logistics. Going to see if there are some great state parks to camp at.
>>
>>1060333
They're expecting over 100k people visiting the smokies that weekend

Maybe try Nahtanhal in NC? It's closer to the point of maximum duration
>>
>>1060342
I would ideally like to go to NC and just stay with family but my friend is leaving for another country that same day out of Nashville. Trying to make it all work.
>>
>>1057173
>What's out doing for the eclipse?
Dog-sitting while the rest of the family goes to see it. It's all good though, when they get back from their three day weekend, I'm headed up into the mountains for a month of hiking and fishing with the SO.
>>
>>1057173
Some will take advantage of the short window of darkness and there will be a spike in crimes along the path of the moon's shadow.
>>
>>1060596
that's just the moon crickets taking advantage of the short distance to make the jump to earth
>>
>Being Yuropoor

Travelling into a core shadow region would bleed out my savings pretty bad.
Have fun guys.
>>
Driving from Los Angeles to Smith's Ferry Idaho.
>>
>>1057173
Skinwalkers will crawl under the shadow spot and pull in unsuspecting people
>>
Planning on riding my baiku from LA to southern Idaho, then maybe going around Yellowstone and Yosemite on the way back. Should be about 2 weeks all together
>>
File: lifeless classroom.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
lifeless classroom.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
I'll be at school... in a building where there's a 50/50 chance of being in a classroom with 0 windows
>>
I live a few hours north of Grand Teton so I might drive down there on Sunday and throw my hammock up somewhere
>>
File: 1500270621273[1].jpg (421KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
1500270621273[1].jpg
421KB, 1000x647px
Does anyone have tips for getting up to Oregon to see the eclipse in August?

I forgot it was even happening but I am desperate to witness it in it's total eclipse path. At this point I think my best option to drive up to a National forest (likely Umatilla) and camp my ass there for a few days because traffic and general services are predicted to be totally broken all around Oregon.

Does anyone have experience with dispersed camping in OR's national forests? I can't figure out where I'm allowed to leave a vehicle for days at a time. Definitely willing to park my car and hike in.

The other option is taking a train to some population center like Bend and illegally bumming around because anything (including airbnb and people's front yards) is totally booked.
>>
File: eclipse.png (780KB, 1073x722px) Image search: [Google]
eclipse.png
780KB, 1073x722px
>>1060342
>Maybe try Nahtanhal in NC?

I'm coming down from the North East (Philadelphia) to see the eclipse. Question now is whether to go to Lake Marion in SC or Nantahala in NC.

Nantahala NC
Pros:
>/out/ tier views
>may be quieter since it's further from I95 and major cities

Cons:
>mountains mean higher chance of rain
>very close to great smokey mountain, so you might get hippie faggots coming over from there when they find that smokey is closed off
>single-lane mountain routes, might get stuck

Lake Marion SC
Pros:
>more accessible via interstate
>roads have more lanes
>lower chance of rain

Cons:
>boring-tier views
>closer to I95, means more new york and florida fags will be coming this way
What do /out/?
>>
>>1062681
Wait for a weather report.

You can dispersed camp in nantahala; so get a map and find a good peak to catch the show and get to it if you can.
>>
>>1062352
I live in eastern Oregon and if you want to get away from people head over to John day or prarie city. There are hundreds of forest service roads many along creeks . There are no parking areas per see, but if you pull off in a turnout so you are not blocking traffic you won't get a ticket. If you go up early a few days you might get a nice established free campsite with amenities
>>
>>1062352

Check out strawberry mountain wilderness area.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/travel/outdoors/2014/08/29/best-places-get-wild-oregon/14814241/
>>
Driving down to Nashville for the night prior, then driving about an hour back north where we reserved a spot.
>>
Is there a difference in viewing experience between the middle of the band and the edge of the band?
>>
Gonna be hanging in the Willamette Valley with some friends. See you there, anons!
>>
>>1062742
The farther away you get from the center of the band, totality appears for a shorter duration.
>>
>>1062742
Edge of band is 60-90s of blackout

Middle is 120-180s
>>
>>1058514
All of Medicine Bow will be packed. Casper to Douglas will be a shit show. I'd say find a spot in Thunder Basin
>>
>>1062712
>Wait for a weather report.

Booked an airbnb an hour out of Nantahala, was hoping to drive to a good spot early in the morning.

Hopefully weather is good, otherwise I'm going to have to take a detour out to south carolina or even tenneesee (which will not be fun)
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.