/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the boyscouts as fun as TV made them look? I'm from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 12

File: BoyScouts.jpg (52KB, 600x835px) Image search: [Google]
BoyScouts.jpg
52KB, 600x835px
Are the boyscouts as fun as TV made them look? I'm from a country without any comparable youth outdoor clubs or organisations, only got into /out/ stuff as an adult, really feel like I missed out.
>>
Some of my experiences

>patrol leader stole my food often.

>Kids would frequently masturbate in the tent at night with other kids in it, including me. (I was 12 or 13 at the time and home schooled, so very sheltered).

Basically just high school / middle school in the woods. The adult supervision was pretty lacking, which would have been fine if the kids weren't such assholes.
>>
Nah, its been safety cucked ever since the 80s. If you want to do out shit as a kid then ask your dad to do shit with you.
>>
>>1054988
>>1054987
sounds like you guys had shitty leadership and shitty peers

>>1054980
I fucking loved my time in the scouts.
>>
>>1054988
>safety cucked since the 80's

speak for your own gay troop, we did all kinds of shit.
>>
>>1054988
This. My buddy was in the scouts for a year when we were kids, and I swear the only thing they taught him was how NOT to use a knife. I'm sure there are refuges from the venomous soccer-mommery that plagues the current boy scouts, but they're getting harder and harder to find.
>>
>>1054987
Some of MY experiences

>scoutmaster had literal thousands of acres of land for us to fuck around/camp on
>formed some of the best friendships ive ever had
>at least one camping trip every month or two, and a high adventure trip almost every year(philmont, seabase, 80mile canoe trips etc)
>100 pallet bonfires
>pretty much anything fun and or dangerous that can be done with fire and flamable substances, we did
>shooting guns
>canoeing
>real rock-climbing
>first time i smoked weed was during a scout trip
>one time at this big scout camp we caught both a scorpion and a black widow and put them in a jar to fight to the death

i could go on all day, but this is just my experience. im sure if youre in some inner-city troop with dads that dont care or with kids that are big faggots then youre going to have a bad time
>>
All my troop leaders were ex military
We had fun
>>
So what im getting is that it really just all mattered on how lucky you were when getting a good troop.
>>
For those that dont get the ole benus in the bum trick its pretty fun
>>
>>1055098
Pretty much.
There were a lot of different troops in my district: ultra-christian, ultra-mormon, disorganised-and-dont-care, militaristic, fun-above-all-else, ultra-traditional, and helicopter-parent troops

I got a great troop with great adult leaders, we organized at least 1 outing a month and the boys were encouraged to take the lead and organize the outings themselves.
>>
I had a great experience and the scouts are the reason I fell in love with the outdoors. Obviously there were a few annoying leaders but desu the layout of the scouts is such that the boys are supposed to run as much as possible and it's hard for a single dick adult to have too negative of an impact on anything. If I have a son I would definitely want him to at least give scouting a try.
>>
>>1054980
I'm not even religious. But I ran a summer camp thing for a local boys and girls club thing to do /out/doorsy stuff. After being apporched by one of the leaders of the church. (guess I just look out/doorsy?) anyway. Did lots of fishing and camping because guns r scary. And I did some archery with them but one kid snitched because little niglet reasons and I was commanded to not do archery because "insurance" reasons. I left after a year because too much Bible thumper leaders and all the kids were little niglets and spic kids who's parents dropped off to get rid of.

Had fun though. As much fun you can have with 10-15 year olds (inb4 pedo comments Gtfo)
>>
>>1054980
depends on the troop, some are basically daycare for the local church and never do anything cool. others (like the one i was in) was based af. I learned a lot of /out/ skills that I still use
>>
File: 8912-5459.gif (58KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
8912-5459.gif
58KB, 320x240px
How many scouts here encountered penisary contact?
>>
Its fun if you like being surrounded by fat autisitic kids with asthma and not being allowed to do anything without your "buddy", who is probably fat and autistic with asthma.

So, if you can enjoy yourself with that then sure, I guess?
>>
File: 22mag.jpg (2MB, 2527x3578px) Image search: [Google]
22mag.jpg
2MB, 2527x3578px
scouts used to be good. Now its full of fags and tranny kids wearing tutus and likely fag scout leaders who will literally fuck your kids butthole.

Wait for the reactionary scouts to form after the alt right grows larger
>>
>>1054980
They can be. Mine wasn't so great because my family was too poor to do a lot of the activities and when we had the money we didn't have the time. Didn't help that the leadership didn't like my family.

That said, I've known many people (including those from the troop) who had tons of fun.
>>
>>1054980
Depends on the troop. Right troop you'll have the time of your life. Wrong and you'll never do anything fun.

>>1055014
> im sure if youre in some inner-city troop with dads that dont care or
Having worked extensively with troops from various demographics, Inner City troops actually tend to be pretty good. They tend to be made up of kids that actually care and have leaders that actually want to make a difference and have the kids try cool shit. The real shit troops are all from upper white middle class suburbia. They tend to be chock full of people who are only in it so they can pad their college application.
>>
>>1054980
If you had a good troop it could be.

As for me

>join
>the only leader is some (literally aspergers, ADHD, laundry list of problems) kids mom
>we only do arts and crafts
>quit after 1.5 years because it's fucking boring
>>
My troop was okay, but I eventually pushed for more high-adventure activities and eventually got a Venture Crew formed (Venture scouts being the 14+ year olds, trusted with more interesting stuff and less safety bullshit, plus it was popular with the girls who found Girl Scouts too boring)

So it was basically car camping and dealing with scrubtier kids from ages 8-14 and then after that it was hiking in Alaska, New Mexico, the Appalachian Trail, and also tons of canoeing, sailing, and firearms courses.

There was one crew in my area that was tiny and focused almost entirely on mountain climbing - I bet those guys had a baller time, but I wasn't quite that coordinated until well after I had locked in with my own crew

What ruined Boy Scouts for me was getting really into the Order of the Arrow, the honor society that sounded like a good way to build community service hours for college apps and turned into having to deal with all the kids who were too autistic or too homeschool-tier Christian (or both) to fit in anywhere else. Burned me out hard on Scouting, but at least that was after I got my Eagle award.

tl;dr - if you got a troop that loved /out/door adventure as much as mine did (and especially if you were willing to nudge other scouts into participating in the big hiking trips), good times were to be had.
>>
>>1054988
This
The gay ass safety rules ruin it
>>
I got most of the way through, stayed in for about 10-11 years from being a cub scout but it was a lot of bullshit at least in all the troops in my area.

>Ratio was always completely skewed towards younger kids who were all shitters whos parents dropped them off so they could be "reformed"
>Scoutmasters had to tailor all but a couple campouts a year around these younger inexperienced kids who didn't want to be there, meaning it was mostly car camping and fundamental skill building
>The troop had been around for 50+ years so there were so many traditions that you couldn't try to mix it up without cutting out something people had been looking forward to doing before it was even planned again
>Got up to Life Scout and couldn't get my eagle because I had given up on the church a couple years prior and didn't have a "religious sponsor" to sign off for me
>All the eagle scouts in my troop had done all but a couple of the requirements just by going to summercamp every year and never put in any of their own work towards earning it anyways. You were just expected to have it by the end
>>
>>1054980
The Scouts for me was a great opportunity. I made it all the way to Eagle (no palms).
>There will always be boys who are bad eggs.
Toward the end of being in Scouts I noticed there were more boys with ADD, ADHD, and asperger's syndrome. Apparently doctors where making the recommendation that they be put into a "team oriented" environment. But in reality some kids including the parents are just soft candy asses. Freaking out small scraps and dumb boy-like behavior.
>Not every Troop is like this, but the times have certainly changed.
>>
The only memory I have from scouts is learning to fly fish and the time that a fellow scout that I didn't even know stabbed me in the face with a steel fork for literally no reason when I was sitting on the ground in front of a fire, missing my eye by maybe an inch or two
>>
>>1055035
With out a doubt those are the best kind of troop leaders.
>>
Is there such a thing as hiking/out clubs? Seems like a cool way to meet people and/or find hiking buddies.
>>
I had a blast with Scouts. I still don't go camping as much as I did with Scouts (3 full weekends and a week long summer camp.
My troop was an inner city troop so we didn't do as much high adventure stuff but I still got to sleep in a quinzee, backpack in the mountains of New Mexico, do several high ropes courses, reload bullets and shotgun shells and shoot what we made.

>>1058527
I feel like my first year I was the only one in my patrol that wasn't medicated for behavioral issues
>>
>>1058606
You're under 25 aren't you? At least in my area, parents didn't start medicating their kids for being kids until the late 90's
>>
>>1058606
>Boy scouts is just another tax on whitey to pay for their cuckening
>>
>>1055255
Why do boy scouts never admit to all the gay doings on?
>>
>>1058639
If you ask that is proper English, someone will give you a proper answer.
>>
>>1058652
^in*
>>
>>1058619
26 but I didn't start Scouts until I was older ~14

>>1058624
By council had a district that was just for African American troops called Zulu District. Scouting was also pretty popular among the Hmong population.
>>
>>1058639
Because there is not that much gay stuff that goes on. I am a current Boy Scout and nothing of the like has ever happened. There are some bad things like hazing that go on in Boy Scouts but that is about it.
>>
>>1054980
Does anyone notice in the threads on Reddit about Boy Scouts admitting girls that there are clearly a lot of fake Eagle Scouts? Probably not the time or place but that kind of pissed me off.
>>
>>1058844
>current boy scout
>age out at 18
B&

i got actually just got my eagle today after waiting fucking 3 months after my birthday
regardless, i think it's a worthwhile experience even if you don't like the troop. boy scouts is what you make of it and while the troop you're in can hold you back, it doesn't rule out the fact that you can just travel and go to a different troop (unless you live in a rural area like me, then you have to travel 40 miles to the next troop)
>>
>>1058874
>i got actually just got
fuck
>>
>>1058844
>Because there is not that much gay stuff that goes on.

Thats pretty much not what I heard
>>
>>1058844
>Because there is not that much gay stuff that goes on.
Oh you innocent child. In my 6 years working on a camp staff there were several incidents that happened that would be classed as "gay stuff". From the time a staff member was caught in the nude in the sleeping bag of a camper to the time when a friend of mine woke up to find out that another staff member had taken his dick out. We later found out that the staff member that took my friend's dick out also diddled a kid. Both of these incidents were hushed up at the time b/c we had a shitty camp director that year. We only heard about the kiddie diddling when the county sheriff called people up months later for questioning. I also heard of plenty of other incidents from people that happened elsewhere.

>>1058849
I could care less about people bragging on the internet about an award they don't have. What irks me is the way that things have turned means that you can get the award nowadays without actually doing anything. I could rant for ages about some shit a local city has set up. They've got a program where if a kid wants an eagle project than they give him a date and time to show up. On that date he'll show up at the location with any helpers he's recruited and they'll have him do gardening work for a day. They supply all of the tools and organize pretty much everything but labor. There's not really any planning done by the scout, some dude from the city just gives them directions on what to plant where and which plants should get pulled u[p. It irks me because I know a few kids from my old troop that fell for the scheme and while they deserved eagle I feel like they got cheated out of the experience that an Eagle project is supposed to give.
>>
>>1058939
Everything is being watered down to the dumbest, laziest, most incompetent level because if you have standards they discriminate against a certain race and gender. It's not just the scouts but in every institution in the US. Congratulations we are all equal now and your fellow eagle scout is a mongoloid who can't tie his own shoe
>>
>>1058939
>several incidents
Yep sure means everybody is fucking each others asses out there.
>>
>>1059396
No one said "everyone" anon. Just that it happens quite a bit.
>>
File: hghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (685KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
hghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
685KB, 2048x1367px
>>1055014
that sounds like the best experience imaginable.

mine was your usual camp n tramp every so often but we never did much fun stuff, everyone quit in my small town and it died around grade 4.
>>
File: trai life usa.png (2MB, 1280x703px) Image search: [Google]
trai life usa.png
2MB, 1280x703px
Redpill me on these goys. Less cucked than the official Boy Scouts? A bastion of cuckstianity? I'm considering being an assistant scoutmaster, since I got a lot out of my days in scouts, but the BSA seems to be increasingly purposeless these days.
>>
>>1058501
>All the eagle scouts in my troop had done all but a couple of the requirements just by going to summercamp every year and never put in any of their own work towards earning it anyways. You were just expected to have it by the end
This, unfortunately. Summer Camp is just that - there's very little camping involved. It's a summer camp like any other, except you sleep in a tent.
>>
>>1059785
Why do you talk like you're on /tv/
>>
>join the brownies because they have a special camp ground and wanted to go /out/
>stay indoors for every meet
>camping trips cancelled constantly
>sponsored walk turned into a sponsored silence (indoors)
>earn a single badge the whole 2 years I was there because we do fuck all except indoor games
>right beside the beach the whole time, didn't go once

Fuck brownies
>>
>>1059826
Stop pretending to be a girl.
No one wants to watch you larp
>>
>>1059836
There is at least one confirmed grill on /out/. Possibly two. Be on your best behavior, lads.
>>
>>1059839
How could they possibly be "confirmed" ?
>>
>>1059841
One posted her singing voice and one posted OC of her hiking in Europe or something.
https://clyp.it/mco3j2c5
Here's the song anon, but the hiking anon's pics are probably lost in the bowels of Nyafuu and near impossible to find at this point.
>>
>>1059848
How do you know they are not traps?
Or are we so pc here now that we pretend traps are girls?
>>
>>1059849
Lots of anons called the hiker a trap. I dunno, dude. The amount of trans/crossdresser people out there is at best %3, so it seems more likely that they're grills.
>>
>>1059849
Ah, here's the hiker anon I was talking about.
https://archive.nyafuu.org/out/thread/975856/#975880
>>
>>1059854
If any are here let's be on our worst behavior to drive them out
>>
>>1059836
This is why I pretend to be a man on most boards
>>
File: mlady.png (41KB, 170x357px) Image search: [Google]
mlady.png
41KB, 170x357px
>>1059860
Can't let you do that, Starfox.
>>
>>1059861
Why would a woman possibly want to spend time on 4chan?
I dont get it.
>>
>>1059869
Not all sad autistic introverts are men, I'd assume. 4chan is basically the island of misfit toys for the internet.
>>
>>1059873
No but male autistic introverts are very different to female ones.
>>
>>1059869
Why do you want to spend time here?
>>
>>1059874
So? I don't see how that changes anything?
>>
>>1059877
Men cannot be themselves if women are present.
This is why we resent them coming here. This is why we need male spaces.
This is why you see so much anger.
>>
>>1059875
>Why do you want to spend time here?
Because its the only place I can go to avoid women.
Not trying to be mean but I am trying to be honest
>>
File: do it.gif (2MB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
do it.gif
2MB, 340x255px
>>1059880
>Men cannot be themselves if women are present.
If you're over the age of 25, you have issues. Why would somebody else being present keep you from being yourself? Heck, given the anonymous nature of this site, you've probably talked to girls a bunch of times without knowing it. Stop letting other people define who you are.
>>
>>1059892
You must be a woman.
You have never watched the tone of a conversation change when a woman walks in the room.
>>
>>1059907
Only with insecure NEETs and unusually annoying/attractive women. That's what I'm saying tho. It's stupid to try and pretend to be somebody else purely because of who you're around. Sure, be polite and stuff, but don't try and be somebody you're not. I've gotten to the point where I'm basically a walking litmus test to see if a person is open to my bizarre personality. Stop being a bitter pushover, bro.
>>
>>1059912
The world is not like you think it is. Stop dishing out self help bullshit please. I am not interested in changing.
Why must women always try to help and change things?
>>
>>1059892
Every where you look you see women telling men to stop doing this or that so that women can feel welcome and safe. It's always the men that are required to change because women are weak and worthless and at the same time strong and independent. Leave us alone and go back to pol or plebbit. Guys get bashed here rightly for being giant faggots so if you are a roast you deserve equal treatment
>>
>>1059914
>>1059915
Where the heck do you guys live? I've literally seen things work out that way maybe half a dozen times in my life. The way it usually goes (among functioning adults) is that group A is doing something, woman walks up, and either is interested in what they're doing and joins in, or isn't interested and leaves to find something else to occupy themselves with. I'm also not a woman, though I doubt you'll believe me. Are you guys MGTOW? You're doing a terrible job trying to convert me.
>>
>>1059915
>Every where you look you see women telling men to stop doing this or that so that women can feel welcome and safe
This I definitely agree 100% with. I don't agree with the earlier anon that stated men can't be themselves around women, if you can't be yourself around someone that's on you.

We need to stop this war on boys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFpYj0E-yb4
>>
>>1059917
You never hear the self censorship ? The mitigation of base vernacular?
Are you over 25?
Do you say the C word in front of women?
Are you really trying to say you are a male whose language does not change around women?
Really?
>>
>>1059881
Go make a men's only imageboard then. This is not your safe space.
>>
>>1059920
>Do you say the C word in front of women?
Not him but what kind of argument is this? Do you say nigger around blacks?
>>
>>1059920
>You never hear the self censorship ? The mitigation of base vernacular?
Nope. Probably 'cause I don't hang out with rowdy alcoholics and the like.
>Are you over 25?
No. >inb4 underage b8
>Do you say the C word in front of women?
I don't say the C word under any circumstance.
>Are you really trying to say you are a male whose language does not change around women? Really?
The only way in which my language changes is whether I know the person or not. Around my friends, I'll routinely make jokes about really taboo stuff, but if it's a stranger I tend to keep my deranged brain to myself.
>>
>>1059926
You are a numale
You are what I try to avoid.
This place is not for you.
>>
>>1059927
>This place is not for you.
What, because I disagree with you? Oh horror of horrors, somebody who thinks differently from you enjoys the same things as you. We're probably gonna meet later on in a different thread and have a perfectly nice conversation without even knowing who we're talking to.
>>
>>1059934
The more you promote numale faggotry , the more I will fight you.
In any thread
at any time
>>
>>1059917
I first saw it in the 1980s and at every single job since. It's in schools it's in all media, private clubs and the now lack of private clubs for men it's everywhere. Same thing happened with race. We end up with homogenized crap as everything devolves to a lower standard. All we want is to be left alone and if you can find it in your heart to care about refugees or endangered snails maybe you could care about your own tribe
>>
File: o look dey spiritualism.jpg (209KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
o look dey spiritualism.jpg
209KB, 1152x864px
>>1059938
Well dang. I guess we're the new Fireboots/Narutanon duo. Okay.
>>
>>1059939
I totally agree that there's a lot of anti-male propaganda in the media, schools, workplaces, etc. but I don't think that being angry MGTOW trolls is gonna fix anything. Women are not the core issue, but cultural shifts are. I personally blame the hippies.
>>
>>1059940
Which one are you?
>>
>>1059944
I dunno. That was made for the Fireboots controversy.
>>
>>1059943
It's way beyond propaganda, it's a system that disadvantages men at every level and that's hidden and disguised through the control of language calling words hate speech. Women is the issue because they control every segment of society
>>
>>1059955
That's debatable, but you're really not gonna solve the issue of Identitarianism by embracing identity politics. That's the key reason we haven't been able to effectively fight terrorism. We physically fight the people involved rather than the philosophy itself which, if anything, will only strengthen their cause. It's the same thing with this. We can't fight anti-male/feminist ideas by being anti-woman. Same thing with racism and crap. The reason that racism was on the decline was that we stopped judging people by color and started judging them by character. Identity politics are the root issue, and we can't fight that by devolving into tribalism.
>>
>>1059854
>amount of trans/crossdresser people out there is at best %3
Maybe in normie land, but doncha know where you're at, matie?
>>
File: no please.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
no please.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>1060693
S-Surely there aren't any trannies in /out/? Surely?
>>
I got to go places 99% of people never will. I loved it.
>>
>>1060950

>I got to go places 99% of people never will. I loved it.

The scoutmasters rectum?
>>
File: soccer mom - exhibit 23.jpg (53KB, 861x424px) Image search: [Google]
soccer mom - exhibit 23.jpg
53KB, 861x424px
The Boy Scouts are incredibly fun. There are a lot of things that are better done outdoors in groups, especially for inexperienced youngsters. As by far the largest organization dedicated (more or less) to imparting outdoor skills, it's definitely the place to look. My troop did a ton of multi-day backpacking trips, whitewater rafting, and things of that sort. Sometimes we would hike from lake to lake in the mountains and catch fresh fish for our dinners. It was fantastic. It's hard to get into a lot of that stuff without someone who is experienced already, so the vast majority of people I spend time with /out/ these days were in the scouts at some point. There's also the usual hijinks that happen with a group of kids, and that's not a bad thing. It certainly beats sitting at home in front of a computer after school every day.

Summer Camp was just a merit badge sweatshop, and Scout-O-Rama lost any shred of usefulness it might once have had when it moved indoors.

The merit badge program has some issues. Merit badges such as Beekeeping, Taxidermy, and Stalking have been replaced by the likes of Disability Awareness and American Cultures. There are three separate citizenship badges required for Eagle, but only one of Hiking, Swimming, and Cycling.

Scouting hasn't been completely immune to modern America's tendency to try to make everything as safe as Disneyland (pic related), but what has? My troop was ultimately ruined by soccer moms making sure their kids never got hurt or cried, and by a crappy scoutmaster who encouraged it so he could get his son his Eagle at 13, use us in political stunts, and give our equipment to a friend of his. A lawyer who was the father of one of the kids in the troop stopped the last one, but the damage was done. Maybe it's all still in a basement somewhere. Maybe we should have realized it was over and let the SM's friend take it. But the fact remains that I got an Eagle and five or so good years of outdoor adventure out of it.
>>
I was in it for a bit and the trips where pretty fun but my troop was real pushy with the whole merit badge thing which I didn't give a shit about so I eventually left.
>>
My experience with them was that it was lame and very much a soccer kids club. Maybe because I only did it for a little under a year, and none of the cool shit really was passed on to us. Anyway, what we did...
>Painting wolf sculptures
>Learning to properly fold a flag (actually was valuable and one of the few things that I hold to this day is respect of flag codes)
>Drawing nature scenery
>Learning the scout's pledge (which I promptly forgot)
>One day of knots, which it was totally okay if the Down's kid didn't get right
>How to pitch a lawn tent

I kind of regret not sticking with it, because my cousin said his troop did all kinds of cool shit, and I also did it when I was something like 8 or 9 at the time, so it may have been watered down for me. Sad part is I wasn't even in a rich kid suburb, it just happened to be only upper middle and upper class kids that had parents who joined scouts. Most of the kids who were from poorfag families pretty much just ran off and shot at shit in the woods on their own time with their dads.
>>
>>1054980
It used to be good but as mothers have been getting more and more involved its been getting worse and worse
>>
>>1061183
>8 or 9
Sounds like Cub Scouts. I never really saw the point of that either - we didn't do anything. I stopped going to the meetings until I aged out and joined the actual boy scouts, which was way better.
>>
>>1058844
>hazing
>bad
>>
canadian here. Scouts was dumb, we hardly camped and spent most of the time meeting at a local church basement doing bookwork and games
>>
>>1058606
>I feel like my first year I was the only one in my patrol that wasn't medicated for behavioral issues

Yeah it's why I ended up dropping out of cub scouts after like a year.

Every other kid was aspergers, ADHD, etc. And we just did arts and crafts with parental supervision.

Thinking about it, I was pretty much just in a special ed class.
>>
>>1060702
I'm a tranny and go on /out/
>>
>>1054980
Almost every BSA I've met has turned out queer or a weeb.
>>
>>1059926

>I'll routinely make jokes about really taboo stuff

Yet, you "donĀ“t say the C word under any circumstances"

Why are you gringos such fucking pussies

Have some huevos
>>
Getting diddled by the councilor wasn't very fun :(
>>
File: swearing.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
swearing.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>1062552
Let me explain, poncho. Swears tend to trigger a nervous/surprised reaction in the brain, therefore causing it to respond as if something was surprising and unexpected. Because the basis of humor is on a clever twist or an unexpected answer, the average brain will tend to filter profanity as humor or wit. Basically, it's a cheat-code to trick people into thinking that you're funny. This is why kids think South Park is so hilarious, yet analyzing the jokes themselves reveals a very unoriginal and bland formula.
>>
mine was pretty cool. Scoutmaster and all the leaders were blue coller workers and former military guys, so we did cool shit. Turned me from a wimpy suberb kid into a normal person. Scoutmaster loved politics, so he dropped a shitton of redpills on us youngsters, didn`t believe him at the time, but realized some of it later. Got to go whitewater rafting (fucking hated it) rockclimbing, and got to go to a ton of historic sites in the US. Got to shoot a shitton of guns, and made some damn good friends. Best 7ish years of my life desu.
My troop died with me, sadly. I showed up to the new troop made out of the grave of my old one, and its a bit of a soccermom shitshow. Only one of the old leaders is still around, and wants to do cool stuff, but the fat autistic young kids wont do anything, and they have to cancel trips sometimes because they wont fucking pack proberly, and bring a fucking down winter jacket as their rain gear, and no mess kits or underwear or socks. This one soccer mom with 3 literally autistic kids, and 1 semi normal one (why not fucking quit when 2 come out for fucks sake) is trying really hard to become the scoutmaster, and its ruining everything.
fucking ingrediant lists mandatory, blowing any money on new gear and useless bullshit, rather than trips.

protip: the scouts don`t ruin troops, the shitty parents do
>>
>>1054980
>>1063990
>>
>>1058579
There is in college
>>
>>1054980
Depends on your troop. Mine was filled with kids who didn't want to be there, but were forced by their dads so their dads could live vicariously through them. This meant 90% of our trips were boring easy trips that the old dads could do and the 10% of potentially fun ones were ruined by dads complaining about hiking to far and doing to much stuff so most of the original plan would be scrapped.

Luckily my dad was one of the exceptions and in great shape so after the first year, we started doing trips with the families that were pure /out/ so we would go on a trip with our troop and basically have our own trip plan for the 10% of trips that were good.
Also tons of stupid politics and what not but that's probably because of my location
>>
>>1063255
You should get involved Anon and change it for the better.The scouts need people like you to participate.
>>
>>1054980
Boyscouts was bloody good fun because it was mainly entirely white and non-hipster.

Then I had to face real life, entitled negroes who hate me for my skin and stinking Indians and Muslims who always want something from you. Psychopathic chinks who torture animals and have 0 empathy. Thanks jews
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.