[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family /out/ing, it's a far cry from wild camping but I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMAG0356.jpg (4MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0356.jpg
4MB, 5376x3024px
Family /out/ing, it's a far cry from wild camping but I'd be lying if I said I'm not enjoying it! My plan is to slowly take away the crutches but wife is heavily pregnant at the moment, anyone made the move to wild from this with family?
>>
There's no way to transition unless she wants to too. So find a way to show her she'll enjoy it or some shit. If she already wants to then you'll get there eventually, easing your way in is a good way to go.
>>
Try canoe camping
You get to bring all the hundreds of pounds of conveniences and shit but it "feels" a lot more wild than driving to a place
>>
>>1053830
Seems like a bad idea to do any intense wild camping if you're pregnant. I say tough it out and enjoy your casul camping until she can rough it more.
>>
i would wait until she's unheavily pregnant. first kid?

as far as success stories, my family just rv camped when i was a kid, and my wife comes from straight city stock, but we've backpacked across the sierra, and take our 2 year old hiking and dispersed camping, and this fall after the mosquitoes fuck off we're going to backpack a couple miles in with him.
>>
>>1053830
>wife is preggers
>wants to go full sc/out/
Hey just gonna say, you don't want to push your wife into that in her condition. And when you have a kid, he or she best be willing to be watched by grandma and grandpa when you're wanting to be /out/, at least until old enough to go Eagle Scout.
>>
>>1053888
>>1053899
>>1053876
I'm talking in the future, she's been enjoying it so far though I bought the gear because I said expensive holidays will be a thing of the past now and when she isn't pregnant and 2nd child is older (eldest loves going out with me already) we can out a bit further /out, but if she complains I can mention she did it all before but pregnant to quell the moaning somewhat,that's the plan anyway
>>
>>1053830
You got your pregnant wife, all her gear, gaint tent and table with room for swing all in a focus ? You wife needs to teach mine how to pack.
>>
>>1053865
Her dad already does that and I'm saving for a canoe at the moment, she would be fine with it but I'd have to wait until the kids are a lot older
>>
>>1053912
We're here for 4 days but she seems to of packed enough for a few weeks! Luckily I have a dad wagon with huge amounts of storage
>>
>>1053912
It's a Renault scenic
>>
>>1053921
They always do mate
>scenic
That explains it, I still see an older focus but I also see the new scenic if I try. Got the family car already I see. Our wee nipper is only two months but I'm having to get a proper land-rover now with buggies and seats and change bags plus the Mrs and her shit. I'm packing them off to her parents from our summer camp. She was born 5 weeks early so I'm a little protective and our camps get a bit wild at times and with a bigger group this year it's gunna be more like a small festival.
>>
>>1053913
Hey bro. My friend is really out/tier like myself. But has two kids in diapers still. They take those fuckers everywhere. Age ain't shit anon. Once a newborn has a built immune system. (about 5 months) there isn't any reason you cant strap those suckers in an go camping. Also get a boat with a motor.. Paddling a 800lb canoe sucks
>>
>>1054011
>800lb canoe
Wat. Canoes fucking rock and are way easier to transport than a motored boat. Plus quietly paddling through pristine wilderness on a canoe will never be matched In a loud and obnoxious motor boat. You also can't get down a lot of beautiful rivers containing plentiful fish In a motor boat.

For actual /out/ing:
Canoe>>>>>motor boat
>>
If you want something a little more rugged you could try dispersed camping in a national or state forest. A lot of them have great hiking trails and you can always find a nice secluded spot you can drive right up to and set up camp in the middle of the woods.

Some advice from a left leaning gun owner that hates gun culture and thinks gun enthusiasts are mostly man children though: bring a side arm at least. When you are out in a national forest or any public land for that manner, you only have yourself to protect you and your family. It's very very rare but shit happens out there and it usual happens to people who are unarmed.
>>
>>1054047
check the license plate on the "caravan" in the background, retard.

also, advise from a right leaning gun owner who owns a home defense gun and loves range shooting: an easy way to escalate a trivial situation to a life or death situation is to pull a gun. you don't need one in a n.f. unless it has grizzlies, or maybe moose or wolves.
>>
>>1054133
Lol why so salty? Can't see the back of the caravan in the shot.

There are plenty of news reports of people being attacked while inna woods. Look em up. I certainly wouldn't pull a gun unless it was a last resort. Dunno why you assume I'm trigger happy. My disclaimer would suggest the opposite.

Also bear spray works better against animals than a gun. Don't pretend like you are 100% positive you'd hit a charging animal. Again do some research ya big fucking autist sperglord. And chill out dude. Must be tough on your heart being so on edge all the time.
>>
>>1054526
lol. defensive much?

and caravan=trailer. go watch some top gear. but since you're blind in addition to being retarded, op is a yuro, so nogunz, and he'd have to take a plane to what you're suggesting.
>>
Don't do it, take her glamping, in return I am sure she will allow you a few free weekends away to do it proper.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.