[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're deep in a cave when your headlight dies and you realize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 59

File: Cave.jpg (200KB, 576x376px) Image search: [Google]
Cave.jpg
200KB, 576x376px
You're deep in a cave when your headlight dies and you realize that your spare batteries fell out of your pack and the sharp squeeze spot split your glowsticks. What do you do?
>>
Nothing because I never go deep into caves for this very reason. Worst way to die, other than maybe drowning.
>>
>>1053761

dont they use a string or cable for this type of situations?
>>
>>1053761
hey that's the same helmet i have
>>
Aren't you supposed to carry half your body weight in lights to avoid this situation?
>>
File: 1498934033966.jpg (42KB, 544x499px) Image search: [Google]
1498934033966.jpg
42KB, 544x499px
>>1053777
Checked and kek'd
>>
File: 1484689678192.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484689678192.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>1053770
drowning is quick. Really less than 2 mins then you pass out. Painless really.

Getting stuck in a cave where no one knows where you are? Well then you will just die of thirst which takes days. Days in the dark damp cave.
>>
Who the fuck would ever go spelunking? Google nutty putty cave if you want nightmare fuel for life
>>
>>1053761
Just looking at this gives me anxiety
>>
>>1053761
why the fuck would you go in a small ass cave like that? asking to die a horrible way
>>
>>1053761
Work hard on trying to make my way back in the dark.
Else; break the cyanide capsules in my molars and off myself.
>>
File: IMG_1335.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1335.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>i walk out

Caves in this town are bright
>>
>>1053832
gook
>>
Absolutely FUCK caving. What kind of brainless retard goes caving? I would rather risk my life on fucking K2 than go caving.
>>
File: 1437114368113.jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437114368113.jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
Wait to die a slow and uncomfortable death
>>
File: transcoder.png (78KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
transcoder.png
78KB, 256x256px
>>1053978
delet dis
>>
File: Enigma.png (335KB, 800x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Enigma.png
335KB, 800x1196px
>>1053978
>>1053761
This thread is reminding me of the Enigma of Amigara Fault.

Stop this.
>>
>>1053803
>Really less than 2 mins then you pass out.

I can hold my breath for 3mins, while jogging, so fuck you.
>>
File: Caving Is Fun.jpg (2MB, 3136x2184px) Image search: [Google]
Caving Is Fun.jpg
2MB, 3136x2184px
>>1053761
Caving is fun.
>>
>>1054035
G-good times...
>>
File: 1489446772024.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1489446772024.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>1054035
nope
>>
Ted the Caver and Nutty Putty put me off caving for life. I only climb rocks that are exposed to the sky now.
>>
Well in answer to OPs question I would either pull out my second flashlight or rely on my caving buddy's light. I may take pleasure in some very light spelunking, but I'm not dumb enough to go it alone and only rely on one real light source plus a glow stick.
>>
>>1053978
Did he died?
>>
>>1054051
Yes. His body is still in the cave, which is sealed.
>>
pray to Jesus
>>
>>1053803
>camp cave

Just suck the damp rocks until you're rehydrated bro
>>
i dont understand what the point is? you explore a cave so you can what, find an exit?
>>
>>1054100
>I don't understand what the point is? Set up a tent so you can what, sleep?
BECAUSE IT'S FUN FUCKO
>>
File: 1490735105314.jpg (30KB, 403x432px) Image search: [Google]
1490735105314.jpg
30KB, 403x432px
>>1054085
>P-PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE GUYS.
>*dies*
>*gets left behind and sealed up for the next billion years*
>>
>>1054051
Yes they left his body in there lol
www.heraldextra.com/news/local/nutty-putty-cave-will-be-permanently-sealed-with-body-inside/article_adf246d0-cfc9-5ea3-93e4-a809010f7d1c.amp.html
>>
>>1054114
i would guess he was already dead when they tried to rescue him? not sure how long you can live being upside down on your head like that
>>
>>1054121
Nope. I think they got him out to the entrance, and had him basically hanging over the top of the hole when the pulley system broke and he fell back in.
>>
File: 1458714702506.png (331KB, 535x666px) Image search: [Google]
1458714702506.png
331KB, 535x666px
>>1054122
>Oh god I'm finally free
*Falls back into the hole again*
Fucking hell.
>>
These people are obviously seriously ill to go caving but I can't stop watching the videos for some reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS_aMAlAaeU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYEKhgFrpd4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6LyM5mCFws
>>
>>1054120
Never
>>
>>1054156
This. These videos instill in me a sort of carnal terror. Maybe it's similar to the appeal of BDSM shit.
>>
>>1053761

I've done caving before in South Dakota. Its pretty neat, its a lot like rock climbing but using your whole body. I got to do some survey work that didn't lead to anywhere spectacular, however it meant that where I went and what I touched will never again by humans. It'll never be eroded by air or water (dry cave) and my hand and foot prints will remain.

Obviously you bring 3 lights with you and always go in groups of three or more. And like hiking you always tell someone that you will contact them at a certain time to let them know that you are out of the cave.

Basically if this happened you would just sit there and wait, assuming you're not some fucking moron who went into a cave alone without telling anyone.
>>
>>1054160
I'm really into BDSM and I would never fucking ever go into any remotely small area in a cave. Shit freaks me the fuck out.
>>
>>1054168
Great blog post slick, don't forget to update your Facebook status as well.
>>
>>1053761
Whip out my extra light because you're supposed to bring several.

Also, is never go into a cave without changing my batteries.
>>
>>1054035
>Not being able to squeeze through a >7 inch diameter hole

Fatties
>>
>>1053803
Drowning is absolutely awful and definitely not painless. 2 mins seems like forever when youre fucking drowning.
t. someone who drowned
>>1054034
Just in case you arent shitposting
Lungs filled with water=/=lungs filled with air
>>
>>1053978
why didn't they break his legs?
>>
>>1054462
Finish reading
>>
>>1053761
die because spelunking is for retards
>>
>>1054289
>Lungs filled with water=/=lungs filled with air

Yeah, but there's 3mins with air before water would be a possibility.
>>
>>1054289
I'm most definitely sure that 2 minutes of water feels like forever.
But 24 hours of nothing but staring at a stone wall while upside down with rock pressing on your chest slowly making your breathing harder and harder until you flat out can't handle it anymore would be a hell of a lot worse.
>>
>>1054488
>could prove fatal
>could

better than certain death I'm sure
>>
>>1054289
Story? You can't just say you drowned without more info
>>
>>1053761
Follow the water.
>>
Close my eyes and go by sound, touch, and memory. Cmon bro.
>>
>>1053803
>drowning is painless
>dying of dehydration in a damp cave with stable temp
>not telling people where you're going

8/10 you trolled me
>>
You merely adopted the dark, I was born in it. Molded by it.
>>
>>1054498
No, water pressure on your lungs makes it much harder to hold your breathe underwater. Not to mention the energy you're exerting by treading water/swimming/flailing
>>
File: 4988528099_b25c04f2de_z.jpg (103KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
4988528099_b25c04f2de_z.jpg
103KB, 640x427px
>>1054690
Just wear a life jacket and float.
>>
>>1053815

>dumbass hiker tries to squeeze through 18 inch by 10 inch L shaped crevice
>gets trapped
>dies

Tragic story for sure, but I'll sleep just fine thank you very much. That guy deserved his fate.
>>
I'll stick to canyoning thanks.
>>
>>1054672
hahahaha sure
>>
>>1053761
Give up and start living on the blind insects that inhabit the cavern. Suck some moisture from the cave walls
>>
>>1054664
Was being a fag trying to impress girls near the pool. Slipped and fell and the next thing I remember is waking up to our fat gym teacher who was acting as our lifeguard swapping spit with me. Suffice to say the girls were not impressed and I was known as "poolboy" for the rest of my school life.
>>
>>1054224
>I'm going to shit on people for relevant responses!
>Look at what a big man I am!
>>
>>1053761
Start farting uncontrollably
>>
>>1054690
Okay, this is where I call out your shit for being a lazy fat ass that has trouble making it to the door to get a delivery pizza. Get to a god damn Olympic-sized pool and start doing laps across the bottom. Do it for your health, for fuck sake.
>>
>>1054289
most reports from people who almost died from drowning say it was surprsiingly painelsss
>>
>>1054877
You admit in your story it was quick and painless because you say 'next thing i know'.
>>
>>1055868
There's a number of liquids called perfluorocarbons, one special property of these is that they can have enough oxygen dissolved in them that a human could "breathe" the liquid, this method has supposedly been used as a form of torture in which they place the subject in an opaque box and fill it with the liquid, the subject has the sensation of drowning during the process, some time after this and the panic which ensued they were quickly let out of the box and into the normal air, this has been described as having a sensation similar to that of being born.
>>
>>1054913
>BDSM guise!
>relevant
Wew laddie
>>
>>1053761
Get jammed into a u-shape and get stuck, people fail to use pulleys to get me out, and i die there. Like that one guy

Or i dont go innahole unnaground thats too fucking tight.
>>
>>1055883
this is of course a myth though because the human brain automatically constricts the throat when any liquid enters the airway. Drowning victims don't usually die of inhaling water.

they die of asphyxiation or less often of heart attack after the airway has been closed for a period of time. The airway opens after brain death, simple unconsciousness doesn't open it. Only at the moment of death is it possible for a person to inhale any quantity of water.

of course when a drowning victim is resuscitated we perform CPR and some water spews from the mouth. This isn't liquid from the lungs, rather it's water that was in the airway. Water pulled into the lungs comes out as a white mucus-y foam. This foam is mostly observed from dead bodies, as living people cannot inhale water. Dead people also don't inhale a lot of water. Some is possible at the moment of death though.
>>
>>1054114
>wife was pregnant
>REMARRIES
>other dude raises the kid

Cavecucked from the grave my dudes
>>
File: 1491632077075.png (307KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1491632077075.png
307KB, 480x454px
>>1054156
NOPE
>>
>>1053761
I've always wanted to explore up where the waterfall is coming from in Ruby falls. Besides that. No fuck all this shit.
>>
>>1056448
When I nearly drowned, due to poor parenting it seems, I distinctly remember inhaling water. Holy fuck it hurt like a bitch. I coughed so hard I ended up puking.
>>
>>1054156
jesus
>>
File: Caving if Fun.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Caving if Fun.webm
3MB, 480x360px
Would you follow her in?
>>
File: Mossdale-Caverns-Disaster.jpg (67KB, 632x462px) Image search: [Google]
Mossdale-Caverns-Disaster.jpg
67KB, 632x462px
John Ogden and five of his friends were 3.2 kilometers (2 mi) deep into an unmapped part of England’s Mossdale Caverns in 1967 when the rain began to fall. For hours, they’d climbed and crawled their way through the dark, winding tunnels of the cave, exploring a part of the world no one had ever seen. Deep in that labyrinth of stone, they had no way of knowing what was coming.

In the downpour, the creek outside of the mountain was rising. Soon, there was a full-on flood. The entrance was buried under a rising lake, and the water came rushing into the cave through every pathway. Ogden and his group were crawling through a narrow tunnel when they heard the rumble of rushing water behind them. It spilled in, first rising up over their feet and quickly climbing to their necks.

The group’s only hope was a small crack in the rocks up ahead. Ogden forced himself up the fissure, pulling his head up to a tiny pocket of air at the top. There was no room for anyone else. Beneath him, the water filled the tunnel, and every one of his friends died. Ogden alone had his head above the water, trapped in a narrow crevice.

It took days before anyone found him. By then, he was dead, too, still stuck there in that narrow pathway, struggling for a last gasp of air.
>>
File: iStock-177125362.jpg (22KB, 632x422px) Image search: [Google]
iStock-177125362.jpg
22KB, 632x422px
In 2002, divers found M.K.’s body at the bottom of an underwater cave in Croatia, 54 meters (177 ft) below the surface. He was alone, but his diving mask had been removed—and there was a 30-centimeter (12 in) knife lodged into his chest.

At first, the police investigated it as a murder. M.K. had gone cave diving with friends, and the police began to suspect that one of them had stabbed him and thrown him overboard to hide the body. Forensics, though, revealed a truth that was more chilling than any murder.

M.K. had gotten lost in the maze of the cave, and his oxygen ran out. With no air left, he started drowning. He swam up to an air bubble between two rocks and tried to breathe it in, but it wasn’t enough to save him. He would die here, he realized, and it would be a horrible and painful death.

The pain of drowning was too much to bear. M.K. stabbed himself in the chest with his own knife to escape the agony.
>>
File: Sterkfontein-Caves.jpg (24KB, 632x422px) Image search: [Google]
Sterkfontein-Caves.jpg
24KB, 632x422px
Peter Verhulsel was a risk-taker. When he and his friends went cave diving through Sterkfontein Caves in South Africa in 1984, he ignored every safety guideline. There was a line through the water that they were supposed to follow, but Peter’s curiosity kept driving him to explore passages off the planned path.

The third time he did so, his friends couldn’t find him. Peter swam through a maze of tunnels and soon realized that he was lost. He was trapped alone in a cave with no idea how to get out, and his oxygen was running low.

In a stroke of luck, he found a small island at the end of a tunnel. He climbed out of the water and onto the island. Now, at least, he wouldn’t drown, but he didn’t have enough oxygen left to find his way out. His only hope was to wait for rescue.

Peter waited for hours before he gave in to exhaustion and fell asleep. When he woke, no help had come. He sat in a pitch-black cavern with nothing to eat and nothing to do but wait.

It took rescuers six weeks to find Peter. By then, his starved body had withered to bones. He left one final message behind for his wife and his mother. In his last days, knowing he would die, he scrawled in the sand: “I love you, Shirl and Ma.”
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF4iFJ-G74o

In January 2005, Dave Shaw was determined to retrieve Deon Dreyer’s body. Dreyer had been dead for ten years, lost 270 meters (885 ft) into Bushman’s Hole in South Africa, but Dave was going to bring his bones back to his family.

He found Deon’s body without a problem and hooked a line to it so he could bring it up safely. When he tried to cover the body with a body bag, though, the head snapped free. The body started to float away, and catching it turned into a vicious struggle.

Dave’s breath sped up. Soon, he was breathing faster than his rebreather could handle. The carbon dioxide it was supposed to filter out was coming back into his lungs, making him confused. His efforts to get Deon into the bag were getting wild and careless, and he was staying at it for too long.

After five minutes, Dave gave up and started swimming up, but his light got snagged on the cave line he’d attached to Deon’s body. Dave tried to get free, but Deon’s body was dragging him down. He panicked, his breath faster than ever. Dave was choking on his own exhalations. Dave passed out and died under the water, next to the body he’d tried to save.
>>
File: iStock-520024401.jpg (67KB, 632x420px) Image search: [Google]
iStock-520024401.jpg
67KB, 632x420px
Ryan Shurtz had been trying to save John Jones for 19 hours already that fateful day in 2010. John had gotten himself trapped headfirst and upside down in a narrow passageway in Utah’s Nutty Putty Cave, and Ryan and his team were doing everything they could to get him out. While his men built a pulley system meant to yank John out, Ryan stayed with him, talking to keep him calm.

“I’m sorry I’m so fat,” John said. “It would be so much easier for you guys to get me out of here if I wasn’t so fat.” Ryan promised that he’d be his workout buddy when they got out. For now, the pulley was in place, and they were going to start pulling. John needed to get ready.

When they yanked him up, John shrieked in pain. They gave him a break, Ryan talked him through it, and they pulled again.

This time, though, things got worse. A natural arch through which the rope was fed shattered, and the rope broke. A metal carabiner fell and hit Ryan in the face, causing him to bite his tongue in half. John fell back down the hole.

Ryan had to get out. While blood dribbled out of his mouth, he promised John that he’d be back for him. Ryan’s team helped him escape the collapsing cave, and Ryan’s father went in to take over for him. “We’re going to get you out,” he told the man trapped inside. But John was already unconscious. He would never wake up again.
>>
File: Sand-Cave.jpg (87KB, 632x422px) Image search: [Google]
Sand-Cave.jpg
87KB, 632x422px
Kentuckian Floyd Collins found Crystal cave in 1917, and he was determined to explore every inch of it. For eight years, he squeezed through its passageways—until the day he got trapped.

His lantern had started to flicker, and Collins was trying to get out before he lost light. He was climbing his way up a tight passageway when he knocked a 12-kilogram (27 lb) rock loose. It came crashing down onto his ankle, pinning him in place.

For the next 17 days, rescue teams tried to save him, but nothing they tried worked. In time, they brought in miners to dig a shaft to him, believing the only hope was to make a new way out. While he waited, Collins was becoming a celebrity. Tourists from all around were coming to see his rescue, with hucksters setting up booths to sell food, drinks, and souvenirs.

The mine shaft took too long. On his 18th day in the cave, Collins succumbed to hypothermia, thirst, and hunger.
>>
File: iStock-500579382.jpg (28KB, 632x422px) Image search: [Google]
iStock-500579382.jpg
28KB, 632x422px
The group of 17 students who visited New Zealand’s Cave Creek in 1995 didn’t think they were doing anything dangerous. They weren’t exploring narrow pathways; they were on a guided tour, staying on a beaten path designed for tourists.

When they made it to a platform that overlooked a chasm, some of the boys couldn’t help but notice how flimsy it felt. As a joke, they jumped and shook it, marveling at how precariously it seemed to be built.

They figured it was all in fun. In an era of safety regulations, they assumed that it just looked flimsier than it really was—but they were wrong. The platform had been built by men with no experience in engineering. It was meant to be bolted in place, but they’d used nails instead, simply because they didn’t have a drill handy.

Under the weight of the students, the platform gave way. It toppled over and collapsed, crashing down into the chasm below. One student survived by grabbing onto the handrail and riding it down, but his classmates were hurtled overboard and killed.

Of the 17, only four survived. They were lifted out in helicopters. One had a fractured spine, but with 13 of her friends dead, she counted herself as one of the lucky ones.
>>
File: iStock-619660216.jpg (81KB, 632x422px) Image search: [Google]
iStock-619660216.jpg
81KB, 632x422px
In 1988, Andrew Wight was on a team of 15 people, exploring one of the deepest caves in the world. They would never see the bottom.

A freak storm hit. A flood of water poured in through the cave entrance, and the middle section of the entire cave collapsed. All 15 people were trapped underground, with Wight and a few others stuck on a small ledge.

It was hard to know what to do. The roof above them was getting ready to collapse, but the rushing water below them was too wild to enter. Boulders would fall off the cave walls and into the water, threatening to crush anyone who dared to step in.

Wight decided to try it. He swam through the water and managed to find another way out. Over the next 27 hours, he and others worked to send in line and lead his team out.
>>
File: iStock-171577202.jpg (90KB, 632x422px) Image search: [Google]
iStock-171577202.jpg
90KB, 632x422px
Helena Carroll was warned not to go into Nam Talu Cave in October 2007. It was Thailand’s monsoon season, and there was heavy rain. If she went in, the locals warned her, she would not return. Helena, though, ignored their warnings.

She wasn’t alone. Her boyfriend, John Cullen, joined her, along with seven other tourists who didn’t see the risk. They soon realized the magnitude of their mistake. First, they heard a sudden roar behind them—and then they saw the water rushing in.

“John and I started climbing,” Helena recalled. “The first thing we saw was the tour guide and the German boy being dragged away, then the Swiss couple and their two lovely girls.” Helena nearly slipped, but John caught her and helped her up to a ledge. It was pitch dark in there, but they could hear the incredible speed of the rushing water below them.

“If we stay here, we are going to die,” John told her. He thought he could swim for help and bring back a rescue party. Helena stayed behind as he climbed into water. She watched as the love of her life was pulled away by the current.

Helena was alone on the ledge for eight hours before rescue came. When they brought her out, the bodies of the others were lying in boxes on the grass. She saw John’s body lying next to the Swiss girls. It was only then that she realized that she was the only one to survive.
>>
File: Plura-Caves.jpg (28KB, 632x328px) Image search: [Google]
Plura-Caves.jpg
28KB, 632x328px
Kai Kankanen was one of the last divers to go into Norway’s Plura cave. It was a cold winter day in February 2014, and the pond that led to the cave had frozen over. The divers had to cut a hole in the ice before diving in. Patrik Gonqvist and Jari Huotarinen went in first, and Kai’s group followed after.

The plan was to swim through the pathways of Plura and come out on the other side, where there was an exit in the mountainside. Kai had already made it most of the way when he found Huotarinen’s body. His friend had gotten trapped in a narrow passageway. In his panic, he’d swallowed water and choked. Now, Jari’s lifeless body was blocking the way forward.

Jari Uusimaki, one of the men with Kai, panicked. He started breathing too quickly and poisoning himself with carbon dioxide. Kai tried to save him, but he couldn’t get him to calm down. Jari was the next to die, and Kai was left alone.

Kai turned back. He swam through the freezing water and back to the pond, but he couldn’t find the hole they’d made. He had no choice but to smash his way through the ice blocking his way to the surface.

By the time he was out, Kai had been underwater for 11 hours. The other men in his group had made it to the other exit and survived. It would take nearly two months, though, for the bodies of their friends to be retrieved.

>>1056548
>>1056546
>>1056544
>>1056543
>>1056541
>>1056539
>>1056538
>>1056536
>>1056535
http://listverse.com/2017/01/20/10-true-horror-stories-of-people-trapped-in-caves/
>>
>>1053832
non-white REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1053993
oh fuck. That shit spoked my ass for a week.
>>
>>1056535
>>1056536
>>1056538
>>1056539
oi oi oi
>>
File: autist.png (490KB, 657x366px) Image search: [Google]
autist.png
490KB, 657x366px
>going into a cave alone with less than three lights
>>
>>1053761
Call out to one of my spelunking buddies to bring up one of his lights.
>>
>>1054085
Such a waste of good cave.
>>
>>1056531
No hoe is worth that bullshit.
>>
>>1056835
It is just that dead end section that is sealed.
>>
File: 1488746940392s.jpg (6KB, 232x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488746940392s.jpg
6KB, 232x250px
>This thread
STOP STOP STOP FUUUUCK THIS FREAKS ME THE FUCK OUT
>>
File: 03490003267405017.png (607KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
03490003267405017.png
607KB, 400x580px
>>1053777
>half your body weight in lights
>>
>>1056964
fight your fears anon, only then wil you truly become a man
>>
>>1057019
no way i ever squeeze my way anywhere underground
>>
It's not possible to get lost in a cave.
>>
>>1057071
nigger, are you stupid?
>>
>>1056508
That's a normal feeling. You can't tell the difference between water entering the trachea or entering the lungs.

it feels like you're inhaling water into the lungs. In reality very little of it gets that far. Not enough to kill you if you have normal reflexes- no brain damage.

I've had to be resuscitated once as well and I also thought I had inhaled a lung full of water. To me that part didn't hurt though, I was already passing out when that happened.
>>
File: 21.jpg (274KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
274KB, 720x540px
Might as well get comfy
>>
>>1056856
Nope the whole cave is closed
>>
>>1057896
>11/27/2009 - DECISION TO CLOSE THE CAVE - The decision to permanently close the cave was made earlier today after much discussion of all of the options. The body of caver John Jones could not be recovered without risking injury to rescue personnel and the decision was made to make the cave the permanent resting place with assurances to the family that the cave would be closed and that his body would never be disturbed.
http://www.nuttyputtycave.com/

Hmmm, seems you are correct.

http://www.nuttyputtycave.com/MLSave
>>
>>1057157

Prove me wrong
>>
>>1057949
Did you not read the thread?
>>
>>1057951

I'm not disputing that people can die from cave ins, falls, drowning, etc. I'm disputing getting lost in a cave. No evidence of that.
>>
>>1057952
Here is your proof >>1056538 . Now suck my dick
>>
>>1057952
yes, and everyone dies of heart failure
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (98KB, 491x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.jpg
98KB, 491x333px
>>1057071
Oh?
>>
>>1053832
dink
>>
Drr... Drr... Drr...
>>
>>1057071

This
>>
File: la-tr-caverns-photos-006.jpg (767KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
la-tr-caverns-photos-006.jpg
767KB, 2048x1365px
>>1058117
>>
>>1058290
So do they have that in the wild parts of the cave? No? Then good luck finding your way back to the developed part without a map.
>>
>>1056969

I appreciate this post.
>>
File: Shellshock Kermit.jpg (67KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Shellshock Kermit.jpg
67KB, 900x900px
>>1053761

Nopety nope to nope nope nope.

Fuck that, if I can't stand in it, I'm not going in there.
>>
Even scarier than caving is underwater caving
>>
>>1056448
I'm gonna need to see a source because it kinda sounds like bullshit
>>
>>1058464
>When water enters the larynx or trachea, both conscious and unconscious persons experience laryngospasm, in which the vocal cords constrict, sealing the airway. This prevents water from entering the lungs. Because of this laryngospasm, in the initial phase of drowning, water generally enters the stomach and very little water enters the lungs. Though laryngospasm prevents water from entering the lungs, it also interferes with breathing. In most persons, the laryngospasm relaxes some time after unconsciousness and water can then enter the lungs causing a "wet drowning". However, about 7–10% of people maintain this seal until cardiac arrest.[18] This has been called "dry drowning", as no water enters the lungs.
>>
>>1058471
Wikipedia in drowning:

Pathophysiology

Drowning can be considered as going through four stages:[17]

Breath-hold under voluntary control until the urge to breathe due to hypercapnia becomes overwhelming
Fluid is aspirated into the airways and/or swallowed
Cerebral anoxia stops breathing and aspiration
Cerebral injury due to anoxia becomes irreversible

I'm sure people die from anoxia from holding their breath but I'd probably puss out and inhale before I go black
>>
>>1058493
>puss out and inhale before I go black
passing out is the same as going black.

you inhale after you're unconscious. It's physically impossible to inhale water while you are conscious.
>>
>>1058498
I'm saying id intale water by being a bitch and not running out of air
>>
Not caving related but:
I heard a story about a single handed sailor who, whilst at sea, impacted with a submerged object. The boat sprung a leak and he needed to crawl into a tight spot at the front of the boat in order to get a couple of wedges into the now leaking hole.
At some point though his life jacket got wet enough to activate the self inflation feature. He got properly stuck and ended up either drowning on the incoming water or suffocating.
>>
>>1058550
>life jacket got wet enough to activate the self inflation feature

What a retarded thing to have. The more things think for you the less people think.
>>
>>1054488
>Numb the legs before you break them to avoid the shock

crisis averted
>>
>>1053761

say "oh shit that sucks" and pull out my glowsticks
and/or backup light
>>
>>1053777
>only half

not gonna make it bro
>>
>>1054289
I've once read an article about near death expirences where it was said that drowning is one quick pain when your lungs get filled but then it's "kinda pleasent". So its not like you would fucking burn to death or something
>>
File: 1498652248669.jpg (94KB, 864x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498652248669.jpg
94KB, 864x960px
>>1054035
>>
File: 1499386491451.jpg (41KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
1499386491451.jpg
41KB, 400x380px
>>1054041
>I only climb rocks that are exposed to the sky now.

as God intended
>>
File: totally ok.jpg (21KB, 432x332px) Image search: [Google]
totally ok.jpg
21KB, 432x332px
>>>>1058493

Once you go black, there's no goin' back.
>>
>>1058523
yes, and I'm telling you for about the 5th time itt that's impossible.

you physically cannot inhale water while you're conscious. Your body reflexively prevents it.
>>
>>1056448
This only happens in 10-15% of drowning cases.

In the rest of them, there is an involuntary intake of water.
>>
>>1058686
>In the rest of them, there is an involuntary intake of water.
>after unconsciousness

ftfy

I'm not saying you can't inhale water.
I'm saying you can't do it while you're conscious, you can only do it as you die. Even then I'm not saying it, Wikipedia is.
>>
>>1053978
>>1054085
How the fuck did the rescuers deal with leaving him down there? Were they just like "John, there's nothing we can do. You're gonna die. I'm sorry John."
>>
>>1058694
He was dead before they left.
He wasn't conscious the last few hours of his life anyways. He would go quiet for a while, then wake up screaming and thrashing his legs for a bit before passing out again. These fits became fewer and fewer until he eventually slipped into unconsciousness for the last time and some hours later died.

He was probably out of his mind at the end anyways. He kept screaming, "Why have you guys put me in here?!"
>>
File: 1496225712211.jpg (7KB, 200x223px) Image search: [Google]
1496225712211.jpg
7KB, 200x223px
>>1058699
>>
>>1058707
yeah, apparently being upside-down for 10-12 hours kills you.

who knew?

the bad part is it wasn't just the shock of breaking his legs they were worried about. They hadn't felt a pulse in his legs for hours by the time the first pulley system failed. This means the blood in his legs and perhaps arms was just kinda sitting there rotting in place. Once they got him out the toxins that had built up from lack of circulation would've probably killed him anyways, even if shock didn't.

after a couple hours in there he had essentially no chance. They stayed with him to the end anyways.
>>
>>1058715
>>
>>1058679
And the Wikipedia article on downing says that it's when you give up and inhale
>>
>>1058736
>In most persons, the laryngospasm relaxes some time after unconsciousness and water can then enter the lungs causing a "wet drowning".

>after unconsciousness
I really wish millennials could read
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-12-19-34-31.png (413KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-12-19-34-31.png
413KB, 1080x1920px
>>1053761
I ask one of three other people with me for their spare headlamp.

Pic related is my captcha for this post if you want to kick it over.
>>
>>1058707
>>1058719
samefag
>>
>>1058763
newfag
>>
File: 1495065183055.png (694KB, 922x508px) Image search: [Google]
1495065183055.png
694KB, 922x508px
>>1053978
>Caves
FUCK.
THAT.
>>
>>1058329
The people posting the maps are posting them to show just how maze-like the caves can be. Stop being so defensive.
>>
>>1058742
>In most persons
>most

Not all.
>>
>>1058742
I'm still waiting on what your source is. I want to read further on the topic
>>
>>1054035

Nightmares
>>
>>1054035
i'm trying to understand why
exploring unexplored areas?
treasure?
science?
how many people die like this
>>
>>1058834
>Not all.
if you continue reading you'll find that the remainder die without ever inhaling water.
>>
>>1058908
>I'm still waiting on what your source is.
it's same source you cited but clearly didn't read.
>I want to read further on the topic
you made it through the first paragraph, why not read the whole article? I'm not stopping you.

I'm not even sure why you chose to stop. Except millennials can't read.
>>
>Not carrying a wind up torch

It's like you want the monsters to get you.
>>
>>1056531
didn't any of these people ever get locked in a closet or car trunk as a kid by older cousins/siblings? why the fuck are they so goddamned stupid as to think it's worth the risk? fuck me, i'm triggered
>>
>>1058359
but what if it's your only way OUT?
>>
>>1056531
where is this?
>>
>>1053832
whats Juneau really like?
>>
>>1059530
Airmen's cave in tex-ass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6LyM5mCFws
>>
File: 1484244525880.jpg (17KB, 433x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484244525880.jpg
17KB, 433x480px
>>1053777
>not dragging a sled with extra lights behind you everywhere you go

literally n o t g o n n a m a k e i t
>>
>>1053761
Hope my roommate saw the note saying where I'm going and when I'll be back.
>>
> scale vertical cliffs
> wiggle through the earth
> survive innawoods
> leave your enemies behind

damn /out/, yall motherfuckers underrated
>>
File: IMG_1282.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1282.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1059689
Nothing special, medium-small
No road out :/ A little spendy

But has all kinds of tours, hoards of crewship tourists in summer.

Each year a diferent ice cave seems to form. Then get big & collapse

On occasion you do need to ice-climb. Those are tourist-free
>>
File: IMG_3324.jpg (47KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3324.jpg
47KB, 450x675px
>>1053815
>dies after being stuck upside down for 28 hours

One of my dads old friends was a caver. Fuck that. Just fuck that.
>>
>>1053978
It looks like that hole was made for him...
>>
>>1054041
>Ted the Caver
just read that for the first time, no that's what i call decent lovecraftian pasta!
>>
>>1054121
>>1054122
they moved him a little, but after 28h he died and they called it a day.
>>
>>1054160
showed that to my wife and she asked why people would do that and if they missed the experience of birth
>>
>>1060532
>Come play with us, John...
Mfw you are going face first and little cave imps pull your arms into a hole
>>
>>1053978
That's absolutely terrifying. I have moderate claustrophobia and the idea of being stuck between rock is terrifying. I would never go caving, and the idea of squeezing your body through a crack in a rock is insane to me, it gives me chills.
>>
>>1053978

That poor man, I wish I didn't read more about it. He had a 1-year-old and a baby on the way too, holy fuck I feel bad for him and his family:

He said they were able to free Jones initially using a rope-pulley system. At that point, Jones had been hanging, headfirst, at a 70- or 80-degree angle for more than eight hours, said Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Tom Hodgson.

It was around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday when rescuers got him loose. They were able to give him an IV, food and water. He also received a needed morale boost after he was able to talk to his wife over a police radio.

For a few hours there were sighs of tentative relief. They finally cracked open the boxes of pizza and cases of water, and broke out in smiles suggesting the worst was over.

That only lasted for a few hours.

Once Jones was free of the 18-by-10-inch crevice, rescuers said an "equipment failure" caused the rope system that was hoisting the man out of the cave to drop him back into the same, narrow gap.
>>
>>1053761
Realize I'm a dumbass for fucking around in caves and accept death's warm embrace
>>
>>1053761
Watched The Cave and The Descent, I will never set foot in a cave
>>
File: 1496702313325.jpg (661KB, 1616x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496702313325.jpg
661KB, 1616x1080px
>wow why would you go into a cave, don't you know it is dangerous!
>wow why would you go onto a mountain, don't you know it is dangerous!
>wow why would you rock climb, don't you know it is dangerous!
>wow why would you into a canyon, don't you know it is dangerous!
>wow why would you go into the forest, don't you know it is dangerous!
This thread is proof that /out/ is a bunch of thru hikers, the speed walkers of the outdoor community.
Protip: we do these things because they are dangerous, that is what makes it exhilarating. The danger is what makes you feel fucking alive. You guys should just stay to the white blaze or the couch.
>>
>>1061221
>Protip: we do these things because they are dangerous, that is what makes it exhilarating.
You're presumably way more likely to die in a car wreck than in a cave, no matter how cavey you like to get.

so your excuse doesn't really ring true. You like to pretend what you do is super dangerous while also pretending that things everyone does somehow aren't. It's cute.

now if you were into hang gliding or motorcycling without a helmet, or drinking whiskey that might be impressive. All those things actually kill lots of people.
>>
>>1061237
That is really quite a misunderstanding about statistics.
Car collisions kill more people than mountaineering because a whole lot more people drive cars daily than people who climb mountains
>>
>>1061241
I said caving, not mountaineering. Car accidents are more likely to kill you than caving no matter how much caving you do.

Mountaineering is skewed by people that climb Everest and K2 and such. Places with death rates between 1/5 and 1/2.

but you aren't climbing those places because you're a pansy.
>>
File: albert-bierstadt.jpg (3MB, 2968x1736px) Image search: [Google]
albert-bierstadt.jpg
3MB, 2968x1736px
>>1061243
>mountaineering deaths are skewed by people who climb actual mountains
Interesting assertion, anon.
>traffic fatalities are skewed by those who drive on highways with no center divider!
See how stupid that sounds?
The point of the matter is that both activates are quite dangerous, comparing mountaineering or caving to driving is quite retarded however.
I am not really sure why everyone makes that argument as it is quite dumb, do people think that driving is not dangerous? Why make the comparison?
If people needed to climb a mountain or go through a cave to get to the 7-11 there would be quite a lot more deaths in the mountains and caves, quite a lot more than driving.
The high number of traffic fatalities comes from the fact that it is something people do multiple times a day for a long duration.
Go climb Hood or Rainier for three hours everyday and see how many days you can get by before you have an accident.
>>
>>1061248
>Why make the comparison?
because retardanon I was replying to claims they do it for the danger, even though pretty much everyone does things that are far more dangerous.

>>1061248
>The high number of traffic fatalities comes from the fact that it is something people do multiple times a day for a long duration
Now you're the one failing to understand statistics.

I didn't say A LOT OF PEOPLE DIE DRIVING.
I said YOU'RE MORE LIKELY TO DIE DRIVING NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME YOU SPEND CAVING.

DRIVING IS STATISTICALLY MORE LIKELY TO KILL YOU THAN CAVING, EVEN IF YOU DO BOTH THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME.

Not that it matters since real thrill seekers are far more likely to kill themselves than die doing their 'dangerous' hobbies.
>>
>>1061255
That is outrageously false and fails to address the primary factors of traffic fatalities you fucking brainlet.
>>
>>1061257
>That is outrageously false
if you look into it you'll find it's not.

deaths in caves are spectacularly rare compared to the number of people that enter them. It's not a dangerous hobby.

just like you walking up a hill isn't more dangerous than you driving to it.
>>
File: 1495495058706.png (432KB, 1013x901px) Image search: [Google]
1495495058706.png
432KB, 1013x901px
>>1061259
>>
>>1060989
>That poor man
play stupid games, win stupid prizes
>>
why do these people not bring a gun with them just in case?
>>
>>1061221
You're like the EXTREME guys from Harold & Kumar
>>
>>1061257
>>1061260
He happens to be correct. The end result is what matters, not how it came about. That's how blanket statements work.
>>
>>1061276
I know right. If I got stuck I would just shoot my way back out to the surface.
>>
>>1061268
Urbanites would say the same thing about someone who is killed by a deadfall while walking in the forest.

We walk a fine line in life. Slipping in a cave and becoming trapped isn't stupidity, and exploring a cave isn't stupidity either. Things happen if you are adventurous.
>>
>>1061311
I'd rocket jump the fuck out of there. Or noclip like a noob if I was really desperate.
>>
>>1053993
I was going to post this. Great manga
>>
>>1053832

are you an eskimo
>>
>>1054120
This caused me anxiety.
>>
>>1061693
You should watch the complete video, it's got commentary by Kermit the Douche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAY-t32vyds
>>
>>1053993
Woah I just looked this up, pretty impressive and creepy as hell! I'll be thinking about this for a long time.
>>
>>1054035
>someones hobby is my nightmare
>>
File: IMG_2035.jpg (89KB, 512x748px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2035.jpg
89KB, 512x748px
>>1061607
Nope.
"Eskimos" are Inuit & Inupiak
Inland ak is Athabaskan (not so asian)
And southeast is Tlikit & haida.
Of course Aleutians = aleuts.

I'm mixed (25%)
>>
>>1054035
I'll laugh at these losers dead bodies when I finally put my brain in a jar with spider legs and can get through any small space I want to.
>>
>>1061713
this, these pictures conjure up feelings of dread.
>>
>>1053777
>not taping 160lbs of leds all over your body and making the cave brighter than 10 suns
>>
>>1053978

Nope. That's literally nightmare fuel right there.
>>
I would take a shit load of opiates and benzos so I can at least pass with bliss.
>>
>>1053978
I wonder why the last ditch effort wouldn't be to basically knock him out with tranquillisers or anaesthesia and yank him the fuck out. He'd be loose and less chance of shock, although by that time his body probably couldn't handle much.
>>
>>1062360
He probably would've died from fat embolism, massive septicemia, kidney failure, pulmonary embolism, or stroke anyways.

they missed their window, but the time they were getting him out his legs and arms were already essentially dead. The rigging failure set them back so far he didn't have a chance.
>>
>>1062433
Yeah I know, but you think they'd just do something extreme out of desperation... although there is the chance you could kill him and he "might have made it" if you just kept at it.

That was awful to read about the rigging failure. Imagine the relieve the rescuers, him, and his family felt for that brief period.
>>
>>1062439
Yeah if you look at how they rigged it through the rock they would've had to prop him up, undo the rope, reattach it, get the guys in the tunnel out of the way, then hauled him out breaking his legs in the process. They also would've had to stop at each pulley to take him off the rope and reattach.

once they got him out of that little tunnel (assuming his broken legs didn't tear off) they'd have another 8 hours or so of dragging him through even more tiny tunnels to get to the entrance.

I'm not sure what they were hoping for, a miracle I guess. He had a chance right up until his feet hit the ceiling and he screamed. He might have made it if they didn't stop to let him rest right then. They didn't know he was going to die though.
>>
>>1058715
>Toxins
It would just be lactic acidosis from lack of perfusion and rhabdomyolosis from the breakdown of muscle tissue destroying his kidneys. He probably went nuts from encephalopathy and hypoxia from being upside down
>>
File: theonlygoodkindofcave.jpg (315KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
theonlygoodkindofcave.jpg
315KB, 1600x900px
>>1053761
this thread has reassured my growing fear of caves and tight spaces. I don't think I'll ever go into a cave if I can't T-pose and spin without hitting walls.
>>
>>1062524

But if you can T pose surely you can also noclip out no problemo
>>
File: gia.jpg (314KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
gia.jpg
314KB, 1024x683px
>>1054289
Always nice to talk to a ghost on the internet
>>
>>1055883
learn to use commas
>>
>>1056458
His wife married a cave?
>>
>>1061315
While you're onto something sensible, going headfirst into an extremely narrow opening in an unmapped part of a cave is an extreme risk, and is hardly the same as taking a regular forest hike.
>>
>>1054035
what is this, a bunch of spaniards?
>>
>>1063198

Learn to fuck off.
>>
>>1054224
underrated
>>
>>1054462
Shock would've killed him faster than they could get him to emergency services.
>>
>>1056550
>Literally all of these are from idiots ignoring basic rules
>>
>>1058679
I think is quite the opposite.

Ever heard that thing about a person being unable to suicide self by holding his breath? It's true

If you're holding your breath for a long time it starts to burn your chest, and you will, almost for certain, breath out eventually - "reflexively". And again, it will hurt enough not breath in, or "try" to breath in - and this is when you die.

It's a survival mecanism NOT to be able to kill yourself by holding your breath, but this mechanism is designed for a normal circunstances for a mamal like us, being on land surrounded by plenty of air to breath.

that survival mechanism will turn against you when you're drowining, unfortunatly.

please refer to

>Breath-hold under voluntary control until the urge to breathe due to hypercapnia becomes overwhelming
>the urge to breathe due to hypercapnia becomes overwhelming
>the urge to breathe
>overwhelming

*gulp*

Yeah drowning must be absolutely awful
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 499x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 499x636px
> tfw you would rather die in a nazi death camp over dying in a cave
>>
So how does that work? They just hang out with him till he passes out and dies? Or did they just say "sorry john" and leave while he was still alive/conscious?
>>
>>1066136
as far as I know they just stay there with him until he passed out, lowered him food and crakers or something like that, and just chatted stuff like, "it's gonna be alright"
>>
>>1066142
From what I read the basically stated till he quit talking / moving
>>
>>1066105
>I think is quite the opposite.
you're welcome to your opinion but the entire body of medicine disagrees with you.

yes, you'll TRY to breath but the instant water hits your trachea it clamps shut.
>>
>>1058715
fuck. it just keeps getting worse
>>
reminds me of those underwater cave videos where that dude gets tangled up and drowns.

just fuck caves in general.
>>
>>1053777
>not wrapping your body in an emergency christmas light apparatus
Fucking pleb
>>
>>1053803
>Getting stuck in a cave where no one knows where you are
If you were smart you would notify a secondary person about where you are planning to go and if you are not back by a certain time, the rescue team will come. Of course you'll probably be waiting a while.
>>
>>1053777
>not genetically modifiying so that you're a human firefly
Jesus, its like you wannna die.
>>
>>1066165
I understand, mechanically, what you're saying I just thought it was the fluid in you lungs that killed you, not asphyxia (in the case of drowning)
>>
>>1053761
Call out to my cave partners. Form a plan to back out with my partner providing verbal directions.
>>
>>1053815
I've gone spelunking. It was with a big group through a well traversed cave system and knowledgeable people. It's pretty fun if you like tight places and climbing on rocks.
>>
>>1068476
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>1054035
Tfw there's a small shallow hole near my cousin's place that's just one chokepoint about as thick as second left from top and then it's just one big room full of wet clay shaped like a dome.
We go in in just shorts with gin and candles because we know it like our pockets but it's always fun to bring in someone new.
>>
>>1054289
Drowning is my third favorite way to die, but they're all good.
>>
>>1068639
i have a feeling we'd get along well in real life. gin and candles, man
>>
>>1053761
Use back up light..........
>>
>>1053978
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>1060989
> one year old baby on the way
>>
>>1061260
what is this website, Its pretty handy to refresh skills I just forget the site
>>
>>1061217
>Watched The Cave and The Descent, I will never set foot in a cave
I liked them both, although I was expecting The Descent to be based on Jeff Long's book, so a bit disappointed there. Sanctum was also decent. Think it's still on Netflix.
The only cave I've ever been in was mostly clay and the main tunnel never got very narrow. Ended on an underground lake about a half-mile back. I think even that would have spooked me if I hadn't been in a group.
>>
>>1053761
Survive on glowstick juice and use your EPIRB to call for help.
>>
>>1063178
ALL OF MY KEKS.
>>
>>1053777
>not lighting yourself on fire for minimal weight to carry
I knew retards browsed this place but DAMN
>>
>>1053993
I don't get how this is considered creepy. I thought the end was kind of funny desu.
>>
>>1053761
Grab one of my 6 back up lights.
>>
>>1058586
>life jacket that automatically inflates when you need it, even if the wearer is incapacitated
>good ideas that are actually dumb because they might be harmful in improbable circumstances
pick one.
>i never wear my seatbelt. that way, i can escape quickly if a deranged maniac ever attacks from the back seat
>>
>>1058600
>i don't know what shock is
>>
>>1069020
That's a good idea, I weight 485lbs right now and I'd last a really long time.
>>
>>1056536
So this is where Elliott Smith got the idea from
>>
>>1056538
What did they have a security camera so they could see what he did? Otherwise this is just conjecture
>>
>>1069030
You're quite the edgy fella, /r9k/ user.
>>
After reading this whole thread I have one thing to say.
Fuck caves
>>
>>1070022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAj26rVWK14
>>
>>1056543

Like the movie Ace in the Hole.
>>
>>1053976
Why not both?
>>
>>1053978
>Once Jones was free of the 18-by-10-inch crevice, rescuers said an "equipment failure" caused the rope system that was hoisting the man out of the cave to drop him back into the same, narrow gap.
>>
File: 1329090788306.gif (2MB, 280x156px) Image search: [Google]
1329090788306.gif
2MB, 280x156px
>>1053761
>>1053978
>>1056535
>>1056536
>>1056538
>>1056539
>>1056541
>>1056543
>>1056544
>>1056546
>>1056548
>>1056550

always carry 300mg THC edible and a handgun so you can end it on your terms
>>
Not even lying,something like this happened to me and some friends. We had one light for 5 people and were about half an hour into the cave our light started flickering so we turned it off to save it.

Fortunately it was a glowworm cave. We waited about 15 min ( we were in bathing suits, as we had to swin some parts) in the cold warming each other. Then we started to see shapes as we got used to the dark, because of the glow worms. long story short we got out after 1.5 h holding hands to not lose each other (3 guys and in between 2 girls, so not even a little gay)

Oh yeah, I know we were hella stupid, in case somebody wants to point it out
>>
>>1060532
Stop that.
>>
>>1053761
>What do you do?
Stay calm and wait to wake up. Because LIKE FUCK am I going solo into a cave IRL.
>>
>>1053761

I manage to squeeze my hand down into my pants, I rub one more out.
>>
>>1061221
>what makes it exhilarating.
My everyday life is not so trivial and boring that I have to put myself into mortal danger to feel emotion.
>>
File: David is Cute.jpg (233KB, 670x982px) Image search: [Google]
David is Cute.jpg
233KB, 670x982px
>>1055868
Well I'm calling them out. It sucks. Feels like a fire in your diaphragm and theres someone clawing at your lungs. When the water finally rushes in after your instincts beat your sense it's like a second wind just knocked you back on your feet but forgot to give you the strength to claw some more. So you just continue to sink, reinvigorated but suffering with nothing you can do but slowly grasp at nothing.
>>
What about exploring old mines?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOKjqSBf-Xk
>>
>>1068908

Khan academy
>>
>>1053761
Now I don't have the first clue about cave exploration (pretty much all the caves around here are locked up and you need permits to go in), but if I'm carrying my normal gear, I have two to three flashlights (usually one on the pack, small one with my keys and sometimes a third on my belt), one lighter and a book of matches (in the emergency kit) on me...
At least one of those should work.

Otherwise, since basic safety rules for any outdoors activity require you to either have a second man with you or at least one person that knows where you are, just waiting for rescue is also an option.
>>
>>1053803
>Well then you will just die of thirst which takes days.
>not bringing a gun or container of potassium cyanide for emergency exit strategies
Come on, now. It's almost like you WANT a slow, terrible death.
>>
>>1068905
One year old AND a baby on the way, ya' fuckin' idiot
>>
>>1070480
Imagine being this insecure about not being gay
>>
>>1056548
Oh she lived
What a shame
>>
File: 1490299594784.png (107KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490299594784.png
107KB, 180x240px
>>1056535
>It took days before anyone found him. By then, he was dead, too, still stuck there in that narrow pathway, struggling for a last gasp of air.

There's something beautiful about the way this is worded
>>
File: autism.jpg (7KB, 233x217px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
7KB, 233x217px
>Squeezing through cracks in solid stone where no one could ever reach you if something went wrong in the dark

Yeah, alright we get it your a retard

>Everything previously mentioned plus underwater with limited air and a far great risk of disorientation

So your actually brain dead then?
>>
>>1056538

What do you think he thought about while he was all alone in that cave? He probably realized pretty quickly that his light would go out soon. He must have scrawled his little message into the sand before the lights went out, he'd only brought one light after all.

He survived, or rather "lived" if you could even call it that for 3 weeks. In the darkness all alone every hour must have felt like a day as he waited with nothing but his thoughts and plenty of pic related to keep him company.

How long do you think his sanity held up after that flickering light was gone and he was alone? This "brave epic risk-taker" reduced to a whimpering child consumed by the darkness.

I bet that "live life to the fullest bro!" mentality faded away pretty quickly when the cave insects found his quivering body after his light ran out.
>>
>>1074008
>I bet that "live life to the fullest bro!" mentality faded away pretty quickly when the cave insects found his quivering body after his light ran out.

Man, imagine how great the cave insects felt after having a big juicy idiot die in their part of the cave, probably flesh eating bug heaven
>>
File: mighty-putty-banner.jpg (169KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
mighty-putty-banner.jpg
169KB, 450x450px
>>1057943
>they filled the whole cave with mighty putty, sealing the body of John Jones forever for only 12 easy payment of 24.99$.
>>
>>1053761
18650 batteries easily last for more than a day, why would my headlamp die? And why would I not have my flashlight with me?
>>
>>1054156
I feel ill
>>
>>1074235
Someone didn't read the story, autismo seems to think he's the dead caver
>>
>>1074008
>>1074079
I don't think anything really lives down these caves. People or bugs.
>>
File: caution.png (230KB, 427x467px) Image search: [Google]
caution.png
230KB, 427x467px
>>1074272
>>1074272
>>1054156
These people are not right in the head...
and oh god the capthca
>>
always take a left turn, until i find the exit

not sure if that works in caves though..
>>
>>1074476
taking a wrong turn can put you stuck in a hole like John Jones...
>>
>>1053761
I would use my cell phone tbqh famalam
>>
>>1053761
I just read everything in this thread.

incredibly interesting!
>>
>>1074237
Im in public and this is a blue board fuck you man
>>
>>1074990
Yeah, fuck this asshole but anyone got tips for a first date with a tranny innawoods?

Should I do some batoning (if you know what I mean) with her feminine penis?
>>
>>1053978
He was on his head. Wouldn't last a long time. Being upside down for a long time isn't good.
>>
>>1054035
Makes my asshole suck air.
>>
>>1054120
Glad I'm a fatass.
>>
>>1053761
Use the led on my keychain. But if that didn't work I'd cry, swear and cry.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (14KB, 301x421px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14KB, 301x421px
>>1054087
Underated post
>>
>>1056458
>Cavecucked
kek
>>
Accept fate probably
>>
>>1053777
>not just being a giant fucking lightbulb

I thought this was a relatively smarter board
>>
follow the rising draft towards up & out
>>
>>1061221
honnold's gonna die if he keeps free soloing
but i guess its what made him a legend so...
>>
>>1056548
>It was pitch dark in there, but they could hear the incredible speed of the rushing water below them.

>She watched as the love of her life was pulled away by the current.
Pick one kid
>>
File: 1_230789_1_5.jpg (63KB, 309x206px) Image search: [Google]
1_230789_1_5.jpg
63KB, 309x206px
>>1075838
it was probably both. Google images shows almost all the tourists in the cave with headlamps.
>>
>>1054156
almost threw up
>>
>>1069532
>485lbs
Are you a hacker?
>>
>>1054122
naw fuck that
if it was just that then try again
says in the article they couldn'T cause it requires breaking his legs
>>
>>1053777
>not just mining everything on top of the cave to expose it to the sun

Bruh...
>>
>>1060831
Oh shit. I read that back when it was on Anglefire. Back when you'd read things and actually have to figure out if they were real or fiction. I thought about that story ever since. About how it'd be a great start to Lovecraft movie. Starts off with FBI agents investigating why Ted died. Eventually they go also die, so you have another set of agents looking into that. Until finally one team manages to leave enough info for the next team, to NOT INVESTIGATE, invent any bullshit reason but DO NOT INVESTIGATE.
>>
File: 1-14.jpg (78KB, 472x620px) Image search: [Google]
1-14.jpg
78KB, 472x620px
>>1063234
Spaniards love tight brown holes anon.
>>
>>1054156
my hear rate increase just watching tehse video
>>
>>1054156
I can't even watch this holy fuck I'm sick.
>>
>>1053978
lol retarded people
>>
>>1056535
>still struggling
>dead
?
>>
>>1072962
Thanks for this
>>
>>1056535
2 miles
>Over 10,000 feet deep into a cave
>10,000 feet below the surface of the earth.

Jesus christ.
>>
Never fucking EVER will I go into a cave. I'd rather get mauled by a bear than fuck with a tiny narrow passageway any day.
>>
>>1062091
>Only 160lbs
Why not go for the full half body weight?
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.