[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought a harmonica, pic related not mine but similar. Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: pict03.jpg (421KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pict03.jpg
421KB, 1600x1200px
Just bought a harmonica, pic related not mine but similar. Anyone bring a harmonica on their /out/ings? I think it would be cool for camping. Anyone know if it's easy to play?
>>
>>1053049
Not me man I always heard harmonicas referred to as the "Hobo siren song". They come to the sound of them expecting to find a hobo camp, and when they find a normie they come unglued.

You've never been afraid /out/ until you've had 200 lbs of filthy stinking unshaven naked hobo come crashing through your tent door in the middle of the night and slam into you, tearing at your clothes and licking all over you.
>>
>>1053117
i have definitely never had that happen to me. i also don't live in an area that has homeless people so i think i'm fine there
>>
>>1053049
I carry a jaw harp. Mostly because it annoys the shit out of my girlfriend so out and in my car are the two places I can play it. Also I bring the banjo or guitar when camping with my buddies as long as it's a short hike.
>>
>>1053049
Leave your noisemaker at home. We don't go out to listen to tineared Dylan wannabes trying to find their chops.
>>
>>1053049
idk wtf kinda harp that is, but you should start on one that is in the key of C, perferably a marine band or a special 20, but any decent harp you paid atleast 30 or 40 bucks will work. check out youtube lessons, gussow is good. maybe buy a begginers song book. playing basic harp is easy but learning blues techniques and applying them while playing is a bit more difficult, but not as complicated as many other instruments. def cool for camping
>>
>>1053226
What this guy said. The harmonica is relatively easy to learn, but that's relative to chordophones, brasses, and woodwinds. It's not a kazoo, it's going to take you a bit.

If you just want to learn some folk standards to play around the campfire, you'll pick it up fairly quickly. Give yourself some time to get tonguing and lipping down, and with a little practice you'll learn to play "Home on the Range", "On Top of Old Smokey", and "Molly Malone" pretty fast.

If you want to learn how to play kickass blues sax, on the other hand, that's gonna take a while. You have to commit to that, as seriously as you would any other instrument.
>>
>>1053252
>folk songs
yeah exactly not looking for anything crazy just something to entertain friends while we watch the fire
>>1053226 thanks i'll check him out. Not so into the blues as I am just simple tunes
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.