[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im down here in SoCal and need to get out of the city; over worked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1200px-US_West_Coast.svg.png (184KB, 1200x780px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-US_West_Coast.svg.png
184KB, 1200x780px
Im down here in SoCal and need to get out of the city; over worked and burned out. Planning to take a week off in August and want to go do something outdoorsy, but cant think of any good places on the west coast to go. I pretty much fish and camp every weekend as it is, but need a greater adventure.

Help me with some vacation ideas.
>>
>>1052805
>cant think of any good places on the west coast to go
The entire west coast and you can't find something to do?
You are a very unimaginative person
>>>/trv/
>>
>>1052831

Youve never experienced burnout, have you?
>>
>>1052805
>fish and camp every weekend
>burnt out

Fuck you. Also, just do a stretch on the PCT.
>>
>>1052805
Since you got burnout, why make your vacation activity/purpose filled? Just go to some place and sit on a beach or something without any pressure of accomplishing anything?
>>
File: no.jpg (25KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
25KB, 500x344px
>>1052835
>fish and camp every weekend
neither have you.
>>
>>1052805
Shaver Lake
>>
>>1053592
>>1052805

Second this. Up beyond Shaver there are great trails out of Huntington, Florence, Courtright, Wishon, etc... I'm in San Diego and these areas are 6-7 hours door to trail, not too bad if you hit the road early.

August should be good (other than mosquitos...) since a lot of places are still melting out after a very heavy snowpack.
>>
>>1053706
>mosquitoes
they're going to be a fucking biblical plague this year.
>>
>>1052805

Stay out of WA. We got enough of you Cali fags here.
>>
>>1052805
Go to Sierra Nevada.Check out pioneer basin.Paved road up to 10000 for the trail head.
>>
>>1052805
l.a. or san diego?

anyway there are dozens of natl and state parks where you can camp, hike, and fish

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Parks_in_California
>>
>>1052805
Check out the Lost Coast. About 12 hour drive from LA
>>
>>1052846
And get robbed at gunpoint by illegal Mexicans no thanks.

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/breaking/search-and-rescue-crew-robbed-at-gunpoint-during-rescue-along/article_fba00efe-3c20-534d-8581-6f3c9223ca5e.html
>>
>>1054759
Seconding this, it's gr8.

There's even a spooky wood carving hermit you might run into.
>>
>live on the west coast
>can't think of anything good to do
Lmao wut
>>
>>1057550
Some people don't know how good they have it.
>>
>>1054759
>>1057526
Not OP but I'm planning on going in late August, don't I have to plan for tides or some shit?
>>
>>1057550
SO MUCH OF THIS
>>
>>1052805
Kill yourself
>>
File: 20170706_114040.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_114040.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Florence up in Oregon is pretty great you could go to the sand dunes. Mt. Baker and Snoqualmie national forest is also a beautiful place, Mt. Rainier too. Tacoma has a lot of beautiful hikes near and around it, the Seattle area does too. Lot's of nice fishing/camping spots away from everything if you're willing to go a little further. Pic related from a hike I did last week.
>>
>>1059604
I'm moving back to Oregon, my childhood home, next month.

This image has me so excited to go full /out/. New desktop, thanks anon. Great photo.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.