[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you a shittier human being if you care more about the environment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: NOLS-WEB-33.jpg (428KB, 775x425px) Image search: [Google]
NOLS-WEB-33.jpg
428KB, 775x425px
Are you a shittier human being if you care more about the environment and being outside than other people? I spent this fourth of July out with some friends and I noticed that I ignored every time a person had issues and focused instead on how everyone treated where we were and the land outside. It pisses me off that everyone disrespects this land.
>>
>>1052467
Yes
>>
Nah, you're not a shitty human being.
Your interests are just different.
You probably feel more connections with the land, more than you do with your friends.
That's okay
>>
Environmentalists are horrible people because they don't care about the environment and they don't care about people they only care about pretending to care for the environment
>>
>>1052583
what about the environmentalists who do care about the environment.
I'm not one, but it strikes me as strange that you think they do not exist. If you care about the environment and protect it, doesn't that make you a environmentalist anyway?
I think you hate posers not the legitimate environmentalists.
>>
>>1052663
These frauds make up half the population of my country.

>I recycle the bottles of my Fiji water that was shipped halfway around the world because I care about the environment
>I signed a petition about global warming and then flew to Jamaica
>Make sure to leave no trace on your 300 mile trip to the woods with your RV or suv as you inflate the local economy and those guys buy more gas and bring in fleets of trucks to the mountains to deliver luxuries you need

Have you ever met an environmentalist who wasn't a hypocrite?
>>
>>1052680
>Have you ever met an environmentalist who wasn't a hypocrite?
Have you ever met anyone who cared about anything who was perfect?
>>
>just leave the natures alone and pick up your trash if it's not biodegradable
Why is it that hard?
>>
>>1052683
Yes. I know a lot of hunters who are as close to perfect conservationists as humanly possible.

Seems to be the only /out/ demographic I've met even a single person who is though, and they're still a vast minority.
>>
>>1052690
Close to perfect as you judge them
But judging people seems to be your specialty
>>
>>1052683
Are you dense? Environmentalist don't care about the environment
>>
>>1052733
Sounds like a convenient excuse for you to justify not caring about the environment
>>
I just do not like people and enjoy the outdoors. Maybe youre like me
>>
>>1052733
>>1052583
>people who care about the environment (literally the definition of environmentalists) don't care about the environment
So you're making the case that nobody cares about the environment? What the fuck do you think an environmentalist is? Did you have a run-in with some Patagonia-clad trail blogger bros? Real environmentalists are scientists, hunters, fishermen, and others whose ways of life are tied to the land. Don't conflate the rich history of environmentalism with those jackasses that drive out to the woods on weekends to show their marketing coworkers how rugged they are.
>>
idk op this seems a little too unfocused

did their issues matter? are we talking about a hot dog falling on the ground or are we talking about something that matters?
>>
>>1054123
A friend of mine was talking about a close family member of his and some serious medical issues they were going through and I was trying to focus on that, but then another friend threw a lit cigarette butt into the brush. I was obviously distracted by that and I realized that I was worrying more about that than my friend's story. I don't know, maybe I just worry too much.
>>
File: 1493161755166.gif (271KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
1493161755166.gif
271KB, 500x271px
Well this was a retarded thread

No, OP, you are not a shitty person.
Humans are the most destructive environmental force the earth has seen since the eoarchean era bombardments.
We destroy more of the environment than even the worst hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes, or fires could even hope to achieve.
Our daily lives do nothing but destroy.
Attempting to minimize it is almost trivial, our lifestyle is inherently destructive to the planet.
Your friends are just worthless scum that destroy, so who gives a shit about them.
>>
>>1053459
I do care about the environment but given the demographics of the world and the ongoing brown horde taking over every country with environmental protection, the planet is doomed thanks to the compassion of white women
>>
File: Animas-River-split-screen.jpg (285KB, 625x421px) Image search: [Google]
Animas-River-split-screen.jpg
285KB, 625x421px
>>1054118
An example of what paid environmentalists do
>>
>>1054361
>An example of what paid environmentalists do
When cleaning up the mess made by mining. It would have happened eventually anyway if nothing had been done.
>>
>>1054372
They spent billions of $ and created a disaster and you considered that a win? In fact trillions of $ have been spent on Superfund sites and not one has been remediated. Most of those $ go to Soros related groups and other climate alarmists
>>
>>1054471
>They spent billions of $ and created a disaster
It wasn't the EPA that created those millions of gallons of contaminated water
>trillions of $ have been spent on Superfund sites
false
>not one has been remediated
false
>Most of those $ go to Soros related groups and other climate alarmists
false
>>
>>1052467
Found the guy that whines because I bury my trash.
>>
>>1054361
yes the epa left that tailings pond there when there mine went bankrupt
>>
>>1054471
nice convincing sources and information you have there
>>
>>1052583
Unironically this is most """environmentalists""".
>>1052467
If you aren't a hypocrite then no you aren't necessarily a shittier human being, you probably just have autism like the rest of us.
>>
>>1054254
Its not the brown horde that's the problem. It's the Chinese that are smart enough to keep expanding but dumb enough to not realize 1 billion people is too many
>>
>>1052680
>Have you ever met an environmentalist who wasn't a hypocrite?
Yes but they weren't liberals.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.