[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the east coast suck so much for doing /out/ shit? >fight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

Why does the east coast suck so much for doing /out/ shit?
>fight traffic to get to mole hills
>get to the mole hills and there is a dozen dreadlock hippies getting high at a trailhead
>walk the trail, it is literally a tiny loop
>can see towns from either side of the loop
>trains all night
>run into five groups of fat tourists
Appalachian trail is a shit meme
Largest mountain is barely over 2000m, average ridge is like 800m.
Are there any actual isolated places in the mid atlantic east coast or am I better off just waiting until I can back west again?
I mean the area is pretty and all, but it is like a park area on a single ridgeline with towns in the valleys, I am used to entire ranges being void of others
>>
File: Population Density Map.jpg (612KB, 2500x1477px) Image search: [Google]
Population Density Map.jpg
612KB, 2500x1477px
Your guess is as good as mine.
>>
West is clearly more vast and remote, but I'm sure there's plenty of spots in NY and PA that satisfy those demands of seclusion.

It also helps to just not mind a few signs of humanity. East coast is comfier imo, just because it isn't the tallest and vastest doesn't mean it is automatically bad
>>
>>1051570
>that balance point
Good god, these people need to stop expanding westward
>>1051571
Any exact locations? Or parts of ranges?
Gotta be honest with you, right now I am passing the furthest east peak over 4000m and feeling melancholy that I am heading east
>>
>>1051564
You think the east coast of the US is bad?
You should try western Europe, including the UK
It is a wasteland
inb4 "muh highlands"
>>
>>1051564
Don't ever come to the Upper Peninsula. Way too many people here, you'd hate it.
>>
>>1051564
>hurr durr I want to be temporarily isolated with the $2000 worth of supplies I require to maintain my fantasy
>I also talk shit about people that can casually look at pretty trees and hills without anything than the day to day things they wear

The west is for total retards.

P.s. there are plenty of places in the east where you won't see human representation for full days as far as your eye can see
>>
>>1051608
lol no there is no such places aside from maybe upstate NY or the fucking everglades.
Also nice projection there
>>
>>1051662
Google earth objectively disagrees with you
>>
>>1051662
>Lol it doesn't exist
>Gives two great examples of it existing
Also it seems you forgot about Maine

Someone should project a map onto you more like lol
>>
>>1051662
NH here, you must be smoking crack. Northern New England is empty as fuck.
>>
>>1051608
>Montana/Idaho.
>Literally anywhere back east.

Not even a contest. NW is the best area of USA, delusional scrub.
>>
>>1051908
>he thinks a lot of big open land is worth anything more than taking pictures of

You'll never do anything more than look at it or take a mule deer a half mile from an ATV trail.
>>
...try northern Maine in the winter. Talk about isolation.
>>
>>1051564
literally just take any trail near the AT, but not on the AT.
>>
>>1051564
>Are there any actual isolated places in the mid atlantic east coast or am I better off just waiting until I can back west again?
West Virginia.
There's a lot more isolation there than most any other place on the east coast.

There's also the National Quiet Zone there, where you won't get idiots checking their cellphones all the time, because there's no reception there by design.
>>
"Hurr Durr im a faggot" -op
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-05-11-53-30.png (297KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-05-11-53-30.png
297KB, 540x960px
>>1051592
You were right, passed through Erie last night and it was filled to the brim with plebs and shit
>>1051898
Heading there now, you bess be right or imma be pissed and crack you nigga
Heading to Black river ny, then green mountain Vermont, then white mountain NH.
Do not make me regret this scrub
>>1052012
This is what being around huge crowds of people does to your brain, SAD!
>>1052053
Maybe I will have time for Maine in the now, maybe.
>>1052233
I grew up in Western MD, Washington/Jefferson/Monogahela is where I started.
>>1052243
Homophobe, better not catch you on the trail or imma make you my rape pillow
>>
File: 1497119911284.png (2MB, 1300x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1497119911284.png
2MB, 1300x1408px
Central ny here if i go 30 minutes out and park somewhere i can be isolated as fuck
Pic unrelated
>>
>>1052682
>implying I live around huge crowds of people

Rural Kentucky bud, worked outside out west for many years in many different states. The west is overrated. Tell me, what do you honestly expect to do in the middle of nowhere by yourself? You can only temporarily do anything and at a large price. I dont know why anybody would want that.
>>
>the west
>dry as fuck air
>either rainy as hell or dry as hell
>animals are so spread out and so large you had better have a freezer or youre wasting a lot of meat
>terrain so buttfuckingly retarded anybody that thinks they could do anything but vacation there is delusional
>looking at the scenery from a field is the only realistic way to enjoy the geography long term
>implying the west isnt only for taking pictures and nothing else

Literally have no idea why anybody would want to live anywhere but the south. Subsistance sho' is easy down south.
>>
>>1052821
>temporarily do anything at a large price
The fuck you on about, stop drinking so much burboun.
The only cost is food, water, and gas
>>1052826
>southerners
ew
>>
>>1052867
Enjoy you barren land thats unsuitable for human life
>>
>>1051570
Those big North West states seem nice and secluded
>>
>>1052927
Have fun driving 4 hours to the nearest walmart, have fun sliding off the road in the middle of a snow storm 6 hours from help in -40 degree weather in Montana, have fun running out of gas and dying of dehyrdration in Wyoming.
>>
>>1053008
Are you lost? Do you know what board you're on?
>>
california labels everything as causing cancer

california is the cancer
>>
>>1053008
>North West states are too /out/
From which backwater do you hail from?
>>
>>1052682
>Erie

I'm going to assume you're not so dumb that you confused "Pennsylvania" and "peninsula." Erie Twp. and the Lost Peninsula are way far south by the state line with Ohio. You were a lot closer to Detroit than the UP. Of course you didn't see any empty land in Southeast Michigan/metro Detroit!
>>
>>1052682
Grew up in west MD as well, south mountain is nice if you go at the right time, nobody goes there once it cools off. C&O canal, catoctin, Tuscarora, Cunningham falls, thurmont, Thurston Griggs, high and raven rock, camp pogo trails, big red trails and yes, the AT.

That's off the top of my head after not living in the area for 10 years, and that's assuming you have no car and take the bus/shoelace express. If it isn't isolated enough then leave the tourist path, I usually do.
>>
>>1053023
As someone with over 20 years of outdoors experience all over the world I can confidently say that unless you're sadomasochistic you're just not going to enjoy the west. You live in a fantasy. No, I'm not saying it's too hard for me. I'm saying 98% or more of you have really no clue what it takes to be /out/ in the first place. Be humble, realize when something will be a serious challenge and respect it.

>>1053027
They are not for leisure activity.
>>
>>1051564
Montanan here this sounds hilarious. I feel for you. I am annoyed enough by seeing a few people whenever I'm /out/ I can't imagine actual crowds.
>>
>>1052826
>he can't comprehend sacking up and actually climbing mountains instead of taking pictures of them
That's why you'll always be a tourist Cleetus. Leave the mountains to the men.
>>
>>1053089
>unless you're sadomasochistic you're just not going to enjoy the west
What are you talking about man. It's rugged but it's not like every trail here is impossible. And the ones that are difficult are still enjoyable.
>20 years of outdoors experience all over the world
Yes prancing through flat forests with no predators will change a man. You've really turned "the west" into a specter now.
>>
>>1053249
>he thinks climbing a mountain makes him a man and not a vacationer

You absolute moron.
>>
>>1053250
I'm really only saying that nobody on planet earth hikes mountains daily without external assistance. It's a straight up joke. If you honestly wish to live /out/ then pick a place that is actually supportive of humans.
>>
North Carolina has some pretty good /out/ings.
AT trail and Grandfather mountain are some of my favorites
>>
>>1052880
The pre columbian indians lived there just fine with stone age technology.
>>
>>1053008
That's part of the fun of being /out/ in the west, the only requirement is not being stupid.
>>
>>1053265
>nobody on planet earth hikes mountains daily without external assistance
this is not a requirement for being /out/ in western US
i gather you enjoy foraging
true, this is something that is more difficult in the mountains, anywhere
but /out/ is a diverse board
>we have dedicated pipe-smoking threads
>we have flute threads
>we tolerate the homeless
I don't hate on you for what you do, why do you hate on us for what we do?
we are all going /out/
why are you so butt hurt that people do it differently than you?
>>
>>1052826
>no idea why anybody would want to live anywhere but the south

How's the snowboarding there?
What was the humidity today where you live?
Face it Billy Jo, the landscapes in the South just cannot compare with the landscapes out West.
In Utah alone, 5 national parks, 2 monuments each over 1.4 million acres, a national recreation area over 1 million acres, 3 national forests each close to 2 million acres. AN that's just in the southern part of the state.
People don't come from all over the world to visit the South, but they do travel from all over the globe to visit the West. Stand on the room of Bryce Canyon amphitheater and you will have difficulty finding someone that is speaking English.
It's great that you love where you live, but you really are being a homer.
>>
File: 1497644485834.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1497644485834.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>1051564
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.