[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sick and tired of going on "extreme hikes"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1483429705502.gif (679KB, 636x476px) Image search: [Google]
1483429705502.gif
679KB, 636x476px
I'm sick and tired of going on "extreme hikes" where every day is full of long hours, rough living, and the nights are a sleep deprived mess. How does one achieve the comfy hike?
>>
If I'm not feeling "extreme" for the weekend I'll find some place on NF or BLM land that has pull of spots for rough car camping and is near the trailheads for a few good day hikes.

Drive out
Set up a comfy base camp
Spend the day hiking a few trails
Come down to comfy base camp, make a nice dinner and chill by the fire with a beer
Sleep like a baby.
>>
File: filson1000$.jpg (2KB, 127x100px) Image search: [Google]
filson1000$.jpg
2KB, 127x100px
>>1051534
Invest in ultralight equipment that is also still comfortable, like a really nice inflatable pad & quilt. That way you can pack luxuries like good food & beer without having to carry a 100lbs. Hike short miles and always plan an extra day into your trip so you can stop early if you feel like it.

And pack crocs for camp, those are nice to have.
>>
>>1051534
Go on shorter trips
Bring a hammock
Stop being a pussy
>>
>>1051557
who wants to bet this guy weighs 200 and never goes out of his house?
>>
>>1051534
Find a better place to hike.
>>
File: 20170611_124930.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170611_124930.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>1051559
180 and I go places like this most weekends
>>
>>1051557
>Stop being a pussy
This
Maybe op is not cut out for backpacking and should stick to day hikes and car camping
>>
>>1051534
I'm sorry that you're being forced against your will to hike. Maybe you could use one of those outings to escape and/or contact the authorities?
>>
>>1051685
>>1051579
hey, I enjoy being /out/ when it's done right. it's just that the last dozen treks I've been on have ended up being slopshod affairs where the first night isn't enjoyable and the morning day after ain't any better
>>
>>1051534
A high level of physical fitness, combined with a light packed weight.
>>
>>1051559
>who wants to bet this guy weighs 200 and never goes out of his house?
What's with the incessant put downs and other insecurity on /out/ these days? No one on /out/ enjoys reading posts like this. Go back to /k/ where you're all happy to accuse each other of being "manlets."
>>
>>1051534
Hike solo and do shorter hikes per day.

Invest in better gear overall.

Consider carrying less.

Get better shoes.
>>
It's all mindset for me. I used to try to hike fast and would beat myself to shit doing so.

Then I stopped caring about speed and just walk at a comfy pace, stopping to look at/eat bugs or mushrooms or nice rocks as I feel. Oddly enough my average time has only gone up a bit, and my pace is still pretty decent. I think it's because trying to set a fast pace, I would wear out quickly and burn out, while going comfy from the beginning allows for better and easier travel in the wee hours of a hike, tortoise versus hare or somethin
>>
>>1051727
>wahh negativity is bad :((
There is a safe space website for people like you. It's called Reddit
>>
>>1051727
Don't worry anon I already put the projecting loser in his place >>1051568
>>
>>1051781
not him, but leddit is worse because it's far more negative than here but it's all passive aggressive. 4chan at least has the guts/autism to directly tell you to fuck off but they'll just act all snarky and demure about shit, really grinds my gears
>>
>>1051534
Just go on a few hour hike on a mountain or just on a walk through the woods for a few hours.
>>
>>1051539
FPBP

Base camp + trail hiking is the best.
>>
>>1051726
this. also learning how to deal with it
>>
>>1051727
I'm on /out/ and I like reading posts like that.
>>
I did machu picchu without much trouble and i'm an alcoholic chain smoker
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.