[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else get bacne from wearing backpacks for long period

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: backpack.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
backpack.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
Does anyone else get bacne from wearing backpacks for long period on hikes? I want to go on a long backpacking trip but I think this would become a serious annoyance after a while. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
>>
>>1051369
No.

Try washing once in a while.
>>
>>1051369
>Is there anything I can do to prevent this
lose 150 lbs so you quit sweating big macs, you disgusting greasy pig
>>
>>1051375
I shower every day.

>>1051377
I would weigh 0lbs if I did that asshole
>>
>>1051381
then wait til your hormones level out and get the fuck off 4chan until you turn 18, pubertybabby.
>>
>>1051383
Funny, I thought 4chan specifically catered to users under 18. They sure act like it.
>>
>>1051369
Have you gone on a long backpacking trip before? if so, did it happen?

My face is greasy and with unshaven stubble, I'll get acne like I'm in grade school. I was very annoyed that I'd have to hike for days as a zit ridden mountain man. Until I actually tried it and it didn't happen. it was more like something in my preventative routine was more to blame than anything else. go figure.
>>
>>1051387
No, only long day hikes. I think it's a combination of sweaty back + chafing from the backpack.
>>
>>1051388

What shirt or (((((base layer))))) are you using? Try something like merino wool! Soft, it will absorb the sweat, and won't chafe like some all synthetic combos.

Also, what backpack are you using?
>>
>>1051389
Thanks for the suggestion, I've never tried an underlayer. I was thinking changing up the shirt material might help.

The backpack just a dinky little sports backpack, nothing too fancy.
>>
>>1051385
>I thought 4chan specifically catered to users under 18
You thought wrong.
>They sure act like it.
How so? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>1051400
That's another problem. Check some of the osprey backpacks. You don't have to buy one, but mark the system they use for separating the pack from the padding, and leaving plenty of air channels to ventilate your back. That's what you want.
>>
Try washing your back thoroughly. Don't just rinse the area. Actually clean it!

List of things that might help:
>proper hydration
>proper diet
>clean clothes (duh)
>washing/showering literally right before activity
>use acne specific soap plus a moisterising lotion
>consistent and meaningful exercise routine
>healthy sleeping habits
>going the fast and light routine (do you really NEED 100% of the things you're carrying?)
>wear a mesh hat on sunny days
>allow back to clear up fully before going on next /out/ing

that should help. Have fun, cheers!
>>
File: tiarccf_1.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tiarccf_1.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>1051404
>>1051400
You could check out ultralight frame packs too if you're just using it for day hiking, if you ever get into the need for bigger packs just go w/ a classic external frame pack.

I used to sweat my ass off, hike shirtless despite bugs and sun, and get backne and rashes. Switched to an external frame and it all is better now. Internals just aren't as comfy in the long run.
>>
If you get bacne:
Its from either sweating to much or not wearing a fresh shirt every day.

You can avoid this by:
1. Chaning your shirt inbetween excercising
2. Exfoliating wash to open up the pours in your skin
3. Wear a clean shirt every day

It seems to me that your backpack in general may be too tight. Either take a breather when you notice things are getting too sweaty back there, or look into a new backpack that has actual breathing material on the backside.
>>
>>1051369
Your pack is directly on your back. It's trapping moisture and oil on your skin.

Get an external frame, and remember to wash your back regularly.
>>
>>1051404
This is by no means exclusive to Osprey. My short-hike/daypack is a Norwegian pack with a lightweight frame and a mesh. In the summer heat it is great, less sweat on the back.

If you want to use your existing pack, Fjällräven (others too?) have jackets with a mesh covered big hole on the back. Without the backpack it gets cold quick though.
>>
>>1051369
I have a friend who loves to pop back spots so I like the bacne I get from wearing a pack. I head to her house after a hike and lie on her bed while she squeezes all my spots.
>>
>>1051369
no
but i only use soap when im physically dirty when i shower.(not often) so my skin is very healthy and i dont get acne anymore
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.