[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the lowest monthly budget you think you could live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Household chem.jpg (2MB, 4007x4757px) Image search: [Google]
Household chem.jpg
2MB, 4007x4757px
What's the lowest monthly budget you think you could live on? I mean hunting and growing your own food, buying just what's necessary, not having a car may be cheaper, but having it may help you living in a cheaper way, dunno. Just curious, don't think I'm gonna do it, but provide examples of your hypothetical living.
>>
$300 rent. $200 food. $200 bills. $200 saving. $100 mic stuff. That's like the bare minimum over here. This gives you a basic bitch-tier life in western europe.
>>
>>1051062
absolute lowest possible for me?
less than 5$/wk
>>
>>1051067
assuming no begging, stealing, scavenging,etc
>>
>>1051064
200 food? Couldn't you manage to eat for free or almost via hunting etc?
>>1051067
Please elaborate
>>1051068
Yeah I'm assuming that too, since you can't assume you won't be arrested
>>
>>1051073
mostly rice and fish, living in woods.
>>
>>1051073
Depends on the kind of runway you set up for yourself.

There so many ways you could drop many costs to nearly zero, but the question is how many of those things can\will you achieve?

Like, if you pay off or self build a property and can diy maintenance then that cost is very low.

If you can plant and sustain a sizable garden with low inputs (seed, fert) plus hunting you can maybe cut your food costs right down.

If you can set up off grid power and have a wood lot for heat your bills probably close to zero.

All of these take big time and attention to put in place though
>>
i need about 400 on top n 20 bucks a day.
>>
>>1051097
n that doesn't include stuff breaking down. our doctor visits.
>>
>>1051098
food isn't a major expense, it's the phone,cable. power bill.
>>
>>1051082
It was intended to be about you, what you can do. If you want some input tho, let's say:
>best you can do with an house and a job
>with a house, no job
>without a house, no job
I'm assuming you can't work if you have no house but if you think you can explain how could you, assume the house is already payed for and the job income can't be subtracted from your expenses
>>
>>1051098
It's ok not to consider them, those are random things
>>
>>1051099
>2017
>has cable

Grandpa pls go
>>
>>1051133
it would cost me more to get just internet from comcast than it does internet and cable together. they're the biggest jews on the planet but what can I do? they know I can't do anything about it. I need the internet for work
>>
>>1051062
In summer and harvest season food is free, and I could live for free in a tent. Carry a backpack to pretend to be a backpacker/traveler so people don't take me for a bum. In winter dumpsterdiving is a lot safer since the food keeps in the cold so less risk of poisoning. I would have more money as a backup in that season for heat/shelter in case it gets real cold.
Fishing is a good supplement year round.
Have a backup in case injuries for medical expenses.

Summer: nothing
Winter: 5 a week or nothing

It's all about findinf enjoyment in free things and cut expenses on any potential money drains.
>>
>>1051133
i meant internet. you little rapscallion. don't tell the retirement home i escaped.
>>
If you live in the south you can pretty much barter anything so, free.
>>
>>1051239
South of sahara?
>>
>>1051062
>don't do it

That's not going to stop me from doing it.
>>
>>1051062
>600 for rent and utilities (electric and water)
>100 for food
>30 for dog food
>rest to savings/IRA/stocks/etc
My food is lower if I have good luck fishing and it's not winter. I don't ice fish at all. If I could ever get one of the guys I know to help me hunt a deer I could probably cut my food costs in winter also.
>inb4 go solo
A) Hunting solo can be very dangerous
B) Making connections with farmers and having someone elses experience on good hunting spots will help me succeed
C) I won't remember how to butcher a deer if I've only seen a video on it. I need to have someone walk me through it at least once.

If you want to go autism tier where I buy my own land and all that, I could probably get by on only a couple hundred. Really just enough for property taxes and any potential recurring costs/luxury items (like booze).
>>
>>1051729
>30 for dog food
Just eat the dog
>>
>>1051073
You need licenses to hunt and fish, at least here in the US. You also need to follow the laws regarding seasons and purchase ammunition or fishing tackle. These are also methods that are NOT guaranteed to put meat on the table like going to work will. You can't just walk into the woods and shoot a deer or drop a hook in the water and catch a fish, it isn't that easy.

>inb4 primitive methods that will end up with you starving to death before you even get close to killing an animal

.t hunter and fisherman
>>
>>1051815
There still is growing food as an option. That and hunting would give you a chance of free eating. You can survive on only grown food, but you hunt to have something different once in a while.
>>1051729
IRA like in Irish Republican Army?
>>1051699
Then do it.
>>1051257
Well, actually you can barter even in Canada and Norway. Just say something like "Hey friend, would you give me that? I have no money but I can give you this" and if it's a fair trade they'll probably do that. Won't they?
>>1051211
Would you eat food from a dumpster? I don't think I'd ever do it. There are plants that if well treated can grow during winter, afaik, but they need you to spend electricity on them. There also are plants that naturally grow fruits during winter.
>>
>>1051805
No, I'm not asian. Also to be fair I was guess at the amount for the dog. We go through about 20 lbs of dog food a month.

>>1051842
>IRA
No, a Roth-IRA, or Roth Individual Retirement Account. Start throwing cash at it while you're young and it'll pay off big time when you're old.
>>
File: ira.jpg (91KB, 767x575px) Image search: [Google]
ira.jpg
91KB, 767x575px
>>1051850
>not budgeting in your support for the Irish Republican Army
>>
>>1051842
Did you read my post? Hunting is not free eating. It's clear that you've never hunted.
>>
>>1051062
>rubbing alcohol + toothpase = acne treatment
wew
>>
>>1051062
>What's the lowest monthly budget you think you could live on?
I use about $20 worth of fish hooks and swivels each month, and I suppose I average about $20 for shoes (though I do go high-end and only buy a couple pair each year). I also buy a couple pouches of American Spirit each month, so add about $25 if you consider that a necessity, and maybe $10 for rice...

You know what? I only make about $100/month and I don't want for anything.
>>
>>1051998
>>1051842
>You can survive on only grown food, but you can hunt to have something different once in a while.
>Did you read my post?
>>
>>1051815
>purchase fishing tackle.
I take it you've never heard of gorge hooks, worms, stone weights or pinecone bobbers? I've successfully fished with nothing other than line and what I find on site.
>>
>>1052626
>hunting would give you free food
Did you read your post?

>>1052787
>implying OP even knows how to fish
>>
>>1051062
I'm converting my SUV into a camper.

With that being said:

Insurance - $120
Gas - $100
Food - $240
Emergency money / repairs - $100
Money to play with - $50
Total - $610

That's not bad. If I didn't have a dog, I think I would have do it that way.
>>
>>1052822
Dude just get food stamps
>>
>>1051883
>not getting a Roth-IRA so when you die you can give all the money to the IRA
WEW
>>
>>1052822
You are putting that $100 emergency into savings each month, right?
>>
>>1053413
No, booze
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.