[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys ive been look up solar power generators and got a question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: are they compatable.png (785KB, 1191x442px) Image search: [Google]
are they compatable.png
785KB, 1191x442px
hey guys ive been look up solar power generators and got a question.

is the Goal zero yeti compatable with the Ankor 20w solar panel?

the powerbank for yeti is fucking ridiculously expensive and the solar panels for Goal zero are shit and expensive. is there some sort of adapter I can use so I can go weeks inna woods?
>>
>>1049561
shit I meant the powerbank for Ankor is really expensive,
>>
>>1049562
and its "Anker" sorry
>>
great thread op
>>
File: THIS.png (92KB, 1191x442px) Image search: [Google]
THIS.png
92KB, 1191x442px
>>1049577
I don't make threads often. does something like this exists but instead of a car its got a usb so I can play vidya or use a George foreman if it rains
>>
>>1049561
the Anker 20w solar panel is for usb stuff my man, unless the goal zero yeti is usb chargeable then no, and I highly doubt it could be charged off a measly 20w in a timely manner.

20w = 2 x 5v@2A, it's meant to charge 2 usb devices such as a phone/tablet or other USB stuff.
>>
>>1049611
To add, the 2 X 5v is exactly what it means. As with things like power bricks for phones, the 20w is the total output, but not on 1 port. 1 port will not do 5v@4A, it is measured by the total wattage of both ports being in use at their max amperage. So 2 devices could charge at 5v2A.
>>
20w can't even keep a stationary car's battery topped up in winter, let alone a battery that is in constant use.
>>
File: BATONNIED.jpg (68KB, 908x626px) Image search: [Google]
BATONNIED.jpg
68KB, 908x626px
>>1049583
>vidya
>george foreman
>>
>>1049583
usb can't handle that kind of current dude, I think you need to take a basic course on electricity before attempting any kind of power solution, honestly. You don't seem to know very much about how electronics/power supplies work, which I'm not shitting on you for, but I really don't recommend buying anything until you get a basic jist on this stuff.
>>
>>1049561
I'm in the market for something similar maybe a little smaller this summer, the anker panels are highly recommended but I cannot find them in England for love nor money. My question is what solar panel charger/bank combo would you opt for that's not the anker ?
>>
>>1049778
I have this one
https://www.amazon.com/ALLPOWERS-Charger-Technology-Samsung-Smartphones/dp/B00J2OC2B0
Took maybe 4 hours in full Arizona sunlight to completely charge a 5000 mAh power bank, which is enough to charge a samsung galaxy twice. They weigh about a pound and I've never really used it /out/ but it's good for some peace of mind
>>
>>1049619
>20w can't even keep a stationary car's battery topped up in winter, let alone a battery that is in constant use.
>>1049619
>>1049619
20w is indeed worthless but unless you have a bad power drain, it will keep a car battery topped up just fine.
...if kept in the sun.
>>
These things will be great in the not so distant future but at the moment the technology just isn't up to par yet and it just isn't worth the investment yet.
>>
>>1052275
This. Considering how easy the alternative is (just not using more electricity than you can bring in batteries), there is literally no reason to pay the money and haul all the weight/bulk of solar panels. All you have to do to not need any of the extra shit is just not watch movies on your phone, just not play your boombox for more than a little while now and then, and just not browsing 4chan the whole time you're /out/.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.