[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been looking for land outdoors >Whats a good way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I've been looking for land outdoors
>Whats a good way to actually go off grid but you have a tech job which at least requires an internet connection so you can do your work
>>
Go work on a farm for a year and get all the fantasies out of your system.
>>
>what's a way to go off grid but stay on grid?
>>
>>1049539
I've worked on a farm before
I've worked with horses, lamas, chickens, some cattle, dogs
I fucking loved working on a farm
I loved being outdoors
These days I'm in an office and want to retire at 40
I used to go fishing
I used to go hiking up some pretty horrible terrain and had to take frequent breaks since I would be out of breath so often going uphil but straight through, or downhill on the mountain climb was simple

Maybe I should just buy a truck and go fishing/hiking again?
I should mention I live near the mountains already and its kind of tough to go off normal roads since I only have a car
>>
>>1049541
I still have a job, having some form of internet and satellite phone is a must

Technically there's a lot of property around here and if I find something I'm keeping it within a 2 hour radius from my current office
>>
>>1049544
I'm in the same boat. Realistically you gotta be within an hour. Longer than 1 hour commutes will take a toll. Not to mention bad weather and other issues in winter.
>>
Clearly, you cannot go off grid but what you can do is start farming for your own needs while earning money through your job. That way you're still earning something while also cutting costs (and doing something for yourself) by growing your own food. I think that's the best choice you could make.
>>
>>1049537
You realise what you are talking about is a house in the country. Not going off grid.
>>
>>1049791
Same thing. If you live outside the center of a major city that is considered off grid because you don't have the necessities for living like whole foods and lgbt+BBQ niteclubs
>>
>>1049780
I'm also thinking of doing something else and changing the way I shop

I spend hundreds every week at walmart/grocery stores

Kind of thinking about finding a local farm or some kind of coop where I can get good quality meat, vegetables from local farmers instead of big business

:)

Money is not an issue
>>
>>1049847
Either you're baiting or a fool. Or your idea of """""""the grid""""""" is very different to mine.
>>
File: sherlock.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sherlock.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>1049892
But which one could it be
>>
>>1049881
I don't know how much you buy if you spend that much money on it - that's not really a question of going off the grid, just becoming a bit more frugal. But as I've already written, growing your own produce has many advantages.

>>1049892
Anon...
>>
>>1049897
I'm actually growing my own vegetables right now

It changed my life

>>1049542
I grew up working close with animals on a farm and have done some gardening since my family needed me to do it ever year

I fucking loved it, I would work my ass off in 100 degree heat while staying hydrated, but thats a different story

Started gardening a few months back, noticed plants grow and it brought me back to the old days. This shit actually grows if you water it and give it room/sun light

I've been using it in my dishes when I cook and having your own garden is GOAT

Also, I'm looking to leave the city, I'm just tired of living where I live
>>
>>1049898
Continued..

Sadly, I think I have to be realistic here and with my situation

I might just find a small house somewhere in town and rebuild everything I can and get that garden going..

Living on a farm/off grid setup might be not realistic for me

Money is good, I just want to settle down already and get a nice house somewhere outside of the city
>>
bumparo
>>
>>1049537
Who are you quoting ?
>>
>>1050518
I always do that

Its a question I'm looking an answer for

>quoting doesn't mean anything to me
>>
>Off Grid
>Internet connection

Pick one. There was a thread recently about an anon who purchased land in Maine that layed all this out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.