[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i just made a shitty looking knife sheath out of a bottle Tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

i just made a shitty looking knife sheath out of a bottle

Tell me why this is a bad idea
>>
Are you actually proud of your work?
>>
I like it. Staple on a belt loop and then we'll talk.
>>
>>1048032
That looks like shit. Buy a sheet of Kydex.
>>
>>1048032
its cool if you're role-playing as a post-apocalyptic scavenger.

Its a bad idea because you'll look like a faggot otherwise
>>
File: eb6.jpg (42KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
eb6.jpg
42KB, 604x453px
>>1048032
>>
I'm telling your mom
>>
>>1048032
>tfw I regularly use a piece of cardboard to sheath a kitchen knife when doing various outdoor things near the house and I never thought of using soda bottle plastic

I can make tons of these, one for each knife size.
>>
OP that's very nice and I like it aesthetically, but the point of a knife sheath is to protect you from getting cut. Your knife sheath increases the risk of you getting cut.

https://youtu.be/y25stK5ymlA
>>
>>1048032
Why would you literally not just cut sheets out of it and then seal the seams with a soldering iron or something. That looks like ass.
>>
>>1048032
>Tell me why this is a bad idea
Well, it ain't per se and I'll give you points for ingenuity but there are so many better and easy to make alternatives out there.
>>
>>1048307
It depends on the plastic type. Some don't take well to reheating or welding. HDPE is great but quickly degrades in sunlight. Soda bottle plastic is usually PET and it fucking sucks for reusing for things like the OP.
>>
You could have made a better one by folding over thick cardboard, and stapling it or duct taping together.

I've made several sheaths for kitchen knives that way.

Painting cardboard with PVA glue makes it semi water resistant
>>
>>1048032
Butchering here, take a length of small diameter pvc and a wooden mold, then heat gun the pvc until you can fit the wooden mold over it then heat pipe it until it shrinks over it.
>>
>>1048032
Just get leather, cut it and rivet it
>>
why not just use some leather scraps
>>
>>1048253
im pretty sure its made of plastic
>>
>>1048032
If you can appreciate it thats all that matters I do notice a hole in it though.
>>
>>1048032
Why didn't your knife come with a sheath?
>>
>>1050177
Yeah I see now. It honestly looked like he blowtoched a glass bottle but he's not that cool.

OP I'm sure you're a sweetheart and a top bloke your sheath a shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.