[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /out/, I haven't been here more than a few times but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Sup /out/, I haven't been here more than a few times but I figured this would be the best place for advice.

How does one go about dropping out of society? I'm just so fucking done with mortgages, stress and being shackled to a day job. I don't mind working a job, just not all fucking year week after god damned week. I am fairly /out/ savvy and have 100k funds and a decent kit of outdoor gear. I've been contemplating several get the fuck out ideas.

>Use 100k to buy a boat and live off the sea, work a few months a year to cover upkeep costs and expenditures
>Buy a geared out kayak and go somewhere with a load of rivers and natural game, but not too far from civilisation so I can journey back to buy creature comforts a few times a year
>Buying a piece of land, building a small house on it and farming the land

Does anyone have any suggestions/experience they can add? I'm trying to avoid taxes and unnecessary expenditures as much as possible. I can live without comforts like lights and warm showers but it would be nice to have them which is why I like the boat idea but I'm pretty open to ideas.
>>
>>1047489
Alaska
>>
>>1047489
>$100,000
You should be a king here
>>1027339
>>
>>1047489
buy some land and build a homestead. i hear substance farming is a horrible life though so maybe just make yourself as autonomous as possible and work an easy part time job to buy food.
>>
>>1047489
Boat is the worst/most expensive route. Something like your pic related or just a normal RV, you will need a part-time/seasonal job or a large nest egg to buy food/fuel.
If you have or are planning on having kids, homestead is the way to go.
>>
Get a cdl.
I live in a semi for months and save every penny i make.
Then when i have had it with the stress i quit and take off in my van camping all over the us and mexico.
Once i am broke they always want me back
>>
>>1047489
>stress and being shackled to a day job
Grow up ?
>>
>>1049802
So being an adult means having a career and working your life away for things you dont want or need?
>>
File: 1477714613370.jpg (21KB, 345x299px) Image search: [Google]
1477714613370.jpg
21KB, 345x299px
>>1049802
humans aren't supposed to live like how we are now. The culture of the west fucked all of us over.
>>
>>1047489
If you can't figure this shit on your own, you don't really have the problem solving skills to make outside the suburbs.
>>
File: 1474392043336.jpg (25KB, 404x300px) Image search: [Google]
1474392043336.jpg
25KB, 404x300px
>>1047489
Drop out of life instead, loser.
>>
>>1053424
Comes down to the decision of whether the benefits of being inside the system - mostly advanced healthcare and technology - outweigh the downsides of selling our souls to banks. We're still just beasts roaming land, but most of us have decided that having new cars and shit is worth enslaving ourselves
>>
>>1049802
One good goy point has been deposited in your account.
>>
>>1047489
Buy an RV and start work camping! Get a rig that you would feel comfortable living out of and start living on the road. My parents did this and they couldnt be happier.

A lot of State/Public campgrounds/parks have camp hosts that will stay there for free but put in 12-20 hours a week maintaining the area. Many RV parks have work camping options, i.e. you stay there for free with free hookups but work 8-12 hours a week for them. This is a good way to keep traveling cheap and meet people.

This set up allows you to travel the US (Assuming your murican) for not a lot of money and see a ton of cool places without having to entirely give up civilization and creature comforts. It also allows for flexibility and to be able to plan your year in advance. My parents are hosts in Yellowstone right now, after that they're going to the Oregon badlands, and then for this winter they're workcamping for a park on the Outer Banks in the Carolinas. Want to be away from everyone entirely? Theres parks way out in alaska and montana that need to be maintained.

BLM and Forestry service also have part time jobs for people all the time that would suit people like you. Guy I knew got paid to live on the outskirts of a national park in an RV and hike up a stream to its headwaters once a week to count the fish.

Look into work camping communities! Theres a ton of info you can find online.
>>
>>1047495
kek
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.