[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone actually try to survive out of one of these altoid survival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Anyone actually try to survive out of one of these altoid survival tins?

People carry this shit around like just having it will give them the means to survive hell and back with them. There filled with various shit that would either be useless in a survival situation or so little/small amounts that its near useless. Most useful things put in them would be the matches&mini bics, but you should carry a firetool in your pocket while out anyway so whats the point?

Is this just another curse of the "survival" industry baiting idiots into buying useless shit?
>>
i make wallet survival kits (for myself), no they arent a meme, they useful in everyday situations. compactness forces you to carry things you might not normally

also, the point is to make it yourself. buying them is a whole other realm
>>
>>1047306
Meme gear for romantic LARPers who watch too much TV and think a survival situation is right around the corner
>>
>>1047306
No, no one has ever had to survive out of an altoids kits. At most, people have needed a bandaid when their kid got a boo boo, or pretended to need to start a fire innawoods with tinder out of them.

All of the "thoughts" on what they should contain are 100% imagination from out of shape neckbeards squatting in their backyards.
>>
>>1047306
Unless you work in bumfuck nowhere there's no point really in carrying all that shit around. It looks cool but it's just useless weight and bulk. If you carry a backpack daily then by all means adding a tin like that is no big deal tho.
>>
I'd love to see some anon try, just for a weekend, and post results. No shelter, no blanket, no knife, just clothes and the tin.
I guess if you didn't catch fish you'd only have gum to chew.
>>
>>1047314
>useful in everyday situations

be specific, because they're not
>>
>>1047360
youre wrong, but you can go about your life doing what you like. ill sleep none-the-wiser
>>
Huntingfag here, the only useful shit I can see is the lighter/matches, water tabs, the tweezers and the tin. It's a neat idea but everything's too fucking small.
I reckon the tin would be handy to carry some cotton in, but if you're a cityfag why bother just dig through a bin.
>>
>>1047366
>ill sleep none-the-wiser
What? That makes no sense.
>>
>>1047382
you saying that does though
>>
I can't see any reason for an altoids tin survival kit. Having a first aid kit (and maybe some kind of bag of supplies/tools), in your car, is never a bad idea, and carrying a knife and lighters/matches with you is something that I think most /out/ists do anyways. but do all your supplies need to fit in an altoids can? hell no. What situation could you ever fuck up so badly that the only thing standing between you and death is an altoids tin with some fishing wire and a compass in it? The most likely situation in which you could suddenly be trapped in the wilderness, is usually because you were already in the woods, in which case you'd probably already be carrying the gear you need to survive anyways, because if you are so far in the wilderness that it would be inconceivable to find your way back to civilization in a reasonable amount of time, you were probably planning to spend some time there anyways. The other situation would probably be if you are driving through a long stretch of backroads through some large, uninhabited woods, miles from anyone, and your car breaks down, but again if you prep your car for this situation, there's no need to limit your gear to what can fit in an Altoids tin. It's great to have some useful items with you as an EDC, but honestly, any situation that you would need more than a few bandaids or your pocketknife is not really an everyday situation. If you didn't already have the proper items for that situation ahead of time, you're just an idiot who underprepared.
>>
>>1047336
>no knife
then what the fuck is your stupid ass carrying a survival tin for if you dont have a knife in it, or you arent carrying a knife
are you retarded, a knife is one of the most valuable tools in the kit.
also
a weekend is too easy. you dont need to eat over a weekend. make it a month, no map, and dont point me to the water.
>>
>>1047477
>no knife
he meant no real fixed blade or anything. A lot of people put razor blades or tiny key chain multi-tools (gerber dime, micra) or a small SAK.

>a weekend is too easy, you dont need to eat over a weekend.

then gather food or attempt to find/build shelter anyway, for the challenge.
>>
>>1047366

If you're not gonna back up your claim with examples, than he's not wrong.
>>
>>1047336
What self respecting /out/ist doesn't have a pocket knife on them any time they have pants on?
>>
I just carry a proper first aid kit now (ever since I almost cut my fingers off like a retard). Contains most of the shit I'd need for something like that.
And other than that I just have a lighter and a knife. Thats my basic kit right there.
>>
>>1048723
factually, thinking otherwise implies you dont have the capacity to use the utility even if you had it. not only as a survival kit, an on-hand sewing kit, water system, med-kit, etc come to play in everyday life

again, i make these kits to fill into the folds of my wallet. there is literally no argument against that, aside from being a contrarian troll
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.