[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here bummed out by all the freaking snowmelt in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: ediy.jpg (2MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
ediy.jpg
2MB, 2016x1512px
Anyone else here bummed out by all the freaking snowmelt in the Sierras this year? I've been wanting to get up to the high lakes but every trail report or person I talk to says they're having to turn back. I even just about bit it trying to get up to Eagle Lake in Mineral King a week ago.
>>
why are they having to turn back?
>>
not snowmelt but on a similar note... the PCT up here in Washington section J (by Snoqualmie) was covered by snow 5-6 miles in the other day, will be until mid-July or so. Tried an overnight trip yesterday but turned around and went home.
>>
>>1045980
Snowpack got up to 200% in many places here this year. Summer heat is melting an enormous amount of snow and it's making trickles of water in previous years turn into dangerous swift creeks. Normal creeks you could wade through are turning into pic related.
>>
waaah. i think it's a blast. i was over sonora pass the second day it was open and ran straight up to the high country, had to scout multiple crossings at every river, no trails just pick your own path over the snow past 10k. but watch your footing. ;)
>>
>>1046009
It's not a blast when crossing a stream literally could end your life. We've got 4-5000 more feet of mountains here than you do there to have snowmelt come off from.
>>
>>1046045
it sounds like you need to reevaluate where and why you're crossing. but i'm up and down the west side year round, and up and down the east side as long as 108 or 120 is open, so i know exactly what the conditions are like; save your whining for someone who will be impressed by your 1st world problems.
>>
>>1046076
Stop shitposting.
>>
>>1046078
>op asks a question
>i respond directly to op's question
>anon gets triggered
fuck off, faggot
>>
File: CIMG1210.jpg (375KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG1210.jpg
375KB, 1024x768px
>>1045978
2011 was like this year with lots of late snow
Went /out/ in Aug of 11 and it was like going in June
There was snow at 8000 ft and hella skeeters
It was like spring hadn't come yet (pic)

Going to try August again this year but will be checking trail conditions by reading trip reports
>>
>Areas hit by record drought are finally getting a bit of relief in the form of summer runoff
>but waaaah I'm going to throw a sulk because I'm too much a fat pussy to actually hike

What a fucking retard.
>>
>>1046256
>hella

Stay in your containment state, Sacramento.
>>
never been up to eagle lake, but i do the lakes trail (pear lake) every year. tried hiking it on mekorial day weekend and had to turn back. the watchtower trial was icy and slippery, didnt want to fall off a cliff :(
>>
>>1046269
Hella is Norcal, not just Sac
And what is wrong with Sacramento?
I don't want to live there, but it's not bad to visit
There are state capitols that are way worse
>>
>>1045978
Been following the snowmelt
It is melting faster than usual, faster than it did in 11
There are still going to be tons of mosquitoes though
I wish I could wait till September
>>
>>1045978
Yeah this snowmelt is making me madder than hell. I sold my whitewater kayak last year when I was in a rough spot financially, after a couple years when the rivers were boney early on. Now there is all this beautiful water in all the rivers and I can't go boating, FUCK YOU NATURE AND ECONOMY!
>>
>>1048685
i ran up to the Valley yesterday (which was a terrible idea, which i knew it would be, but there were extenuating circumstances so i broke my "no yosemite in the summer" rule) and the merced looked prime and the rafting companies were out in force.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.