[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i invest in the meme fleece? i want a quality fleece for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: AwZNaoVG.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
AwZNaoVG.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
should i invest in the meme fleece?
i want a quality fleece for myself so i dont have to borrow my dad's old one from the 90's all the time
does patagucci live up to the hype or is it solely for the meme
>>
>>1045146
is Patagonia stuff good? Yes.
Can you get the same thing from a different company at a cheaper price? Absolutely.

Check out Condor. Not sure what their MSRP is but I used to work at a milsurp store that sold their fleeces for like $35
>>
>>1045154
This is the truth. I'm at a place now and I bought a fleece army coat for 30 bucks, no doubt it'll be 60 in the winter though
>>
The thing to remember about companies like Patagonia, Marmot, etc is that they make really great technical gear, but the profit margin on that gear is smaller than the profit margin on t-shirts, fleeces, trucker hats, etc. The more over priced swag they sell, the less they have to charge for their top end gear.

That being said, buy the fleece you want. My best fleece ever was Old Navy. Hell, every Goodwill in America has racks of fleece jackets for dirt cheap.
>>
>>1045223
Seconding the second-hand idea.

>>1045146
Got any used gear stores around? I picked up a pair of Pata shorts that have lasted me the better part of a decade for $5.
>>
All you need is Columbia desu

Seriously. A Columbia fleece is like $20, and it's pretty damn good.
>>
It would be a good fleece. The things I like about Patagonia are their lifetime repair program, their recycling program (they'll give you store credit for stuff they can't fix), and the environmental stuff they do. They're also starting a used store where you can sell stuff back to them that they refurb and sell at a discount.
>>
>>1045366
I wanted so much to like Columbia. At one point, while doing some pretty serious alpine and nordic skiing, I bought Columbia. Goretex shell, hat, mid layers and they all had severe limitations. Leaky seams, wrecked zippers, weak and sloppy stitching. Only sufficient for campus wear or day hikes.
Can anyone tell me that Ma Boyle retired and they pulled their head out of their ass?
>>
Good manufacturers in Europe? Just got my trusty decathlon fleece which has always done the job, it's just butter ugly..
>>
>>1045525
Shame, I bought a Columbia rain jacket 6 years ago when I started working in construction and I still wear it to this day. Love that thing.
>>
>>1045540
I have a Norrona fleece. It's a good as fleece gets.
>>
>>1045228
I've got some water resistant hiking pants that are fantastic. $5 at a goodwill, been wearing them /out/ and around town for a couple years and they're the comfiest pants I've ever owned. Super light but not that sweaty nylon material used in running pants. A couple sizes too big so very roomy. If they weren't $100 online I'd buy 3 more pairs and never wear anything else besides work pants.
>>
What is the point of a fleece, especially when you have...

>gortex shell
>down puff jacket
>marino wool base layer
>>
>>1045582
Forgot to mention they're Patagonia. Total steal.
>>
>>1045589
comfy as fuck. nothing compares on a canoe trip
>>
File: marino wool.jpg (289KB, 540x672px) Image search: [Google]
marino wool.jpg
289KB, 540x672px
>>1045562
i bought a basically brand new norrona fleece at a thrift store for $6 a couple years ago. still haven't worn it.

>>1045582
>>1045592
jelly as a donut. i found a pair like that, but 36" waist did my skinny ass no good. :/

>>1045589
>marino wool
glorious
>>
>>1045366
Just scored a new one at rei for $40 hyped for it but can't use it till late august
>>
>>1045154
thanks man. i looked up condor for an EDC bag today and found a really nice one for $40.
>>
>>1045612
>$6 norrona
Good find, I got mine new because I needed a replacement in a pinch with no time to shop around. Lasted 2 years so far and is no worse for wear. Fits great and uses a nice polarfleece material that is a bit more resistant to wind.
>>
>>1045146
Fuck patagonia. Over priced stuff. And they are corporately arrogant........

Mountain Hardware is great...AT if you have $$ to burn and are built like an athlete....
>>
>>1045955

to burn and are built like an athlete

I disagree, nothing MHW ever held up outdoors for me and you have to be pretty fat with skinny arms to fit in most of their stuff.
>>
>>1045146
>should i invest in

If you are 'investing' in clothing you are an imbecile.
>>
>>1045981
AT = dead bird
>>
>>1045589
They're comfy and much much cheaper than any down vest worth owning. They also insulate when wet (unlike down) and dry pretty fucking fast (unlike down).

The newer grid fleece pieces breathe very well and are much less bulky than older styles while being just as warm.
>>
>>1045146
Goretex
>>
>>1046001
>if spand more money, am get beter thing?
>NO u are dumb 2 ask this
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.