[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any dumpster divers here? I spend the summers camping in col

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: o-DUMPSTER-DIVING-facebook.jpg (396KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-DUMPSTER-DIVING-facebook.jpg
396KB, 2000x1000px
Any dumpster divers here?
I spend the summers camping in colorado and just come into town a few times a month to stock up on food.
You would be amazed at what you can get in an afternoon.

https://www.trustroots.org/tribes/dumpster-divers
>>
>>1044897
I saw about 20 full bags of hot dog buns in a dumpster one time. Didn't take them because I'm wheat intolerant and also would never eat anything out of a dumpster.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (13KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
13KB, 290x174px
>>1044981
What if you saw a nice juicy prime rib in there?
>>
>>1045010
Meat that pink doesn't look good to me on a plate, let alone in a dumpster.
>>
>>1044897
Please stay in your containment thread
>>1027339
>>
>>1045122
Not a homeless
>>
>>1044897

Any trip longer than a week and you can catch me divin'.

Never meat though, ffs the disease potential.
>>
>>1045230
Americans are far too worried about bad meat.
You are way more at risk from spinach.
Your nose will tell you as soon as meat starts getting dangerous.
We did not survive the Savannas by tossing out meat every day
>>
>>1045047
Found the POTUS
>>
>>1044897
>You would be amazed at what you can get in an afternoon.

e.coli, botulism, salmonella
>>
>>1045245
This. You can easily tell when meat has gone off.

Chicken not so much.
>>
File: wrong.gif (5MB, 454x446px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
5MB, 454x446px
>>1045260
>>
>>1045288
AIDS. Don't forget AIDS.
>>
Your website needs an invite code. Gibs me dat.
>>
>>1044897
When I was a kid, I would hang out at this park behind a shopping center. There was a bagel place and a Blockbuster right next to eachother. So you hit the bagel dumpster for a quick snack, and then dive into Blockbuster's and get a bunch of DVD's that nobody would even buy for $2.99.
>>
>>1044897
I used to volunteer at a soup kitchen for the homeless , and I was told to check the donated bread and we had to throw out anything that was stale, I felt awful that I had to throw it out especially at a place like that. I kept a lot of it, or give it to the people who really needed it for breakfast the next day.

On the other hand I work in a medical office and nothing ever goes into biohazard boxes, so the trash is filled with rotting blood, infected puss, dirty gauze etc.. I fear for the people who dumpster dive in places besides supermarkets.
>>
>>1045458
And mustard gas.
>>
>>1045570
>dumpster diving near medical offices
>in 2017
>>
>>1044897
I used to, back when I lived in my hometown. I knew when to hit the shitty apartments that college students rented each term, so that you could gank their discarded furniture, stereo equipment, computer peripherals, etc. At one point I had 5 Gameboy Advance SPs, that had been tossed by college kids who'd gotten bored with.

We also had this distribution warehouse for this company that stocked vending machines and gas stations with pre-packed sandwiches. Thursday nights they'd toss everything that was was within three days of its expiration date, no matter which direction the three days were. It would mostly be a bunch of Oasis sandwiches of their three main types (roast beef and provolone, turkey and provolone, and ham and swiss) but occasionally you'd find a tasty Cuban sandwich, or even more rarely Hot Pockets, Big Az Beef Charbroils, and White Castle Cheeseburger twin packs. Also a lot of chips, Oreos, Pepsis and Gatorade, which I never really figured out. They were never within months of their sell-by date, but got tossed out just the same.

I ate a lot of dumpster food for a year between the ages of 15 and 16, never got sick from it. At least no sicker than you get eating a lot of Hotpockets, Doritos, and Pepsi if you're buying it.

Anyway, moved away from there and never found another goldmine like those in any town I've lived in since.
>>
Most places have licked dumpsters now so you cant get anything anywats.
Dumoster diving is a thing of the past
>>
>>1046739
Awesome!
>>
>>1047365
Yeah...you know, back in the day, dumpster diving at the sandwich place with my old man, one of the best parts was sharing the wealth. We used to hit the distribution warehouse, take the haul, sort out what we wanted, and box up the excess to take down to The Quarters.

The Quarters were the bad part of town, where the Salvation Army, Lighthouse Ministries, homeless shelters were. It was also the black part of town, obviously. It wasn't a place a lot of white folks went after dark, because the street people didn't much care for us. But they fucking loved my dad and me. They'd hear that Chevy engine rumbling, the strains of Bocephus or the Charlie Daniels Band blaring, and my old man's call of "Hey Y'all...anybody want some SANDWICHES!?", and come running. We'd pass out food to the less fortunate, who were really only the marginally less fortunate, as we just had the money to pay rent and run our truck, and they loved us for it.

A lot of people have stories of the homeless shitting on them for offering them food; we never saw that. Those hobos were always glad to see 'Mistah Hoop' and young 'Mistah Hoop Jr', showing up with two packing cartons of free food. Never said an unkind word to us, always thanked us and called upon God to bless us for the help we gave them. Good times; good times.
>>
>>1048318
What happened next?
>>
>>1045047
Fool
>>
>>1049490
Its just b8
>>
File: SHTEAK.jpg (385KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
SHTEAK.jpg
385KB, 1000x647px
>>1049490
>>1049624
It's not b8. I actually don't like pink meat. Pic related is how I like my meat.
>>
File: steak.jpg (79KB, 599x415px) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
79KB, 599x415px
>>1049870
Alternatively, this.
>>
>>1049870
trum pls go
>>
>>1049870
>>1049873
so your a fan of eating boot leather?
>>
>>1049883
Dont feed the troll, no white many under 70 eats well done steak
>>
>>1049883
It's better than eating a raw carcass.

>>1049888
White man under 70 here. I actually do this. Seriously, why is this such a big deal?
>>
>>1049873
>mfw for the first 15 years of my life I ordered every steak and every burger well done
>>
>>1049968
IKTF if I could only take back all those burnt steaks ;_;
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.