[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey outies, I'm in a slight pickle. I ordered a pair of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Hey outies, I'm in a slight pickle. I ordered a pair of shoes (pic related) and when I got home I tried them on and they're a bit too small, hurt my feet just sitting down with them. I was curious so I took out the insole (Ortholite) and the shoe fit pretty good. Is it really bad to go hiking without the soles? I'm going on a short trip on sunday and I don't have time to swap them for a new pair
>>
Also if I do decide to swap them I can't do that until monday, and I'll have to use my regular shoes for the trip, and they really aren't made for anything else than looking good
>>
>>1043625
It isn't great for the shoe and it's harder on your feet but if you're just day hiking you'll be fine.

It's a great boot by the way, I have a pair as well
>>
>>1043630
Yeah I figured the seams inside the shoe might take a beating. My feet are a weird shape too so I don't think I should be ordering shoes... Wish the store I bought them at had some info on their opening hours this weekend
>>
Sounds like you're only considering wearing them . because you have a hike.

I'd wear the other shoes and take those back for a bigger size. I doubt they're much bigger without the insoles, when you get out there I bet they start pinching.

BTW I've climbed a mountain in Nike high tops. Not ideal but i made do. I'm sure you can make do with regular shoes
>>
>>1043640
Yeah, thing is my other shoes arent waterproof. But I'm probably going to go with what you said, thanks
>>
>>1043643
You need waterproof shoes in June?

As my mother used to say.. We're not made of salt.
>>
>>1043645
Some countries still have water in June. And it's not really a hiking trail, it's more of a small path in the forest, and there are alot of bogs around it, so I'm expecting alot of water.
>>
>>1043645
Not that anon but have you hiked long distances with wet socks and shoes?

It's a nightmare. Five miles in and you're wondering if barefoot isn't a better option. There's a lot of mud/standing water on eastern trails right now; id hate to hike without waterproof shoes.
>>
File: merriam.jpg (342KB, 1073x792px) Image search: [Google]
merriam.jpg
342KB, 1073x792px
>>1043625
>what conditions are you hiking in
including weather, terrain, stream crossings
>how long is the hike
>how much of a load will you be carrying
but regardless i probably wouldn't wear the new shoes, because then you're stuck with shoes that don't fit right. plus your feet will swell while hiking and probably make up the difference for removing the insole and they'll hurt again, and removing the insole does nothing for width or length of the shoe.

>>1043645
>You need waterproof shoes in June?
shoulda come hung out with me last week. i was very happy to have been wearing waterproof boots in june after hoofing through 15 miles of soft snow.

that being said, i normally wear trailrunners that dry quickly for hiking and backpacking.
>>
>>1043655
It's a short hike, but I've planned a couple of longer ones further on, so I've decided to play it safe and return the shoes so I know I have good ones when I really need them, instead of bad/mediocre now.
>>
>>1043667
right call, imo
>>
>>1043625

This >>1043630. There is a reason 99.99% of shoes have an insole. The material underneath the insole will be very abrasive and you will likely get nasty blisters.

Do you have any other shoes that could work for this weekend?
>>
>>1043680
Yeah, a couple of stylish fake leather boots. Actually walked 13 km with them last winter with a 10kg backpack, and my feet were fine and dandy. It's the water I'm worried about. But hey, maybe it won't rain til then
>>
>>1043688
I'd use those and return the new shoes. If you do keep the Salomon's, I'd suggest you wear sock liners too to prevent blisters.
>>
>>1043696
see >>1043667
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.