[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm obsessed with nature and have been really interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0036.jpg (649KB, 1368x1368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
649KB, 1368x1368px
I'm obsessed with nature and have been really interested in backpacking lately. However the idea of just walking on a predesignated trail doesn't seem that fun to me. I want to explore the wilderness and not just walk through a trail that thousands of people have already done.

Does anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>1043559
I wouldn't knock it until you try it bud. There's plenty of trails that get pretty wild and hard to follow, often times getting even smaller than game trails - specifically trails that are high on mountains. But I know where you're coming from as well, wanting to get really deep in the /out/doors, secluded, alone, etc. As long as you're decent with navigation you can do this, but I'd highly recommend getting used to following some trails first, both to familiarize yourself with the territory and also see how challenging it can actually be. Once you've done a few deep trails, go try a camp at a place with several easy landmarks to follow.
>>
True wild is disappearing. I worry our grandchildren will have nothing but spindly stretches of manicured trail to explore.
To me, being /out/ means being far from any road, where all decisions and judgement are our own... But trails can take you to some beautiful places - especially old and rarely-used trails, which can give you a sense of closeness to the first people to come that way.
Having wild lands to explore is a privilege. We've reached the end of all our frontiers, and the pressure is only going to keep growing alongside the population. Get /out/ wherever you can and fight for what wilderness we have left.
>>
File: 0.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>1043559
>i've never done it but i'm going to decide i don't like it anyways
>>
>>1043559
Basically my method is find a trail that leads to huge wilderness. Walk a few miles on the trail, then begin your off-trail adventure.
>>
>>1043559
Almost everywhere on the surface of the earth is somewhere thousands of people have already been
You are not an explorer
You are not special
Get over yourself
>>
>>1043559
Trails are a good thing. Don't be a pretentious fag. If you want more solitude on a trail go further down it.
>>
>>1043559
depends on the terrain but most likely there's a reason for a trail to be where it is, whether it is small or large.
Of course, you're in the wrong place if you're walking on paved trails for tourists.
>>
>>1043559
In my (small) country I don't get to be too picky about whether or not hiking on them since there aren't really many alternatives on public land, that being said they are usually fun regardless.

Give it a try, if you don't like then make your own way.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.