[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. I am planning on deliberately going missing. I am not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: washington_ref_2001.jpg (237KB, 812x513px) Image search: [Google]
washington_ref_2001.jpg
237KB, 812x513px
Hello.

I am planning on deliberately going missing. I am not here to tell you why or what caused me to want to do this.
I plan on surviving for a pro-longed period of time in a large North-American National Park on my own. I am in
no way prepared for this task, and that is why I came to this board. I am in need of survival related tactics, guides,
tips and other pieces of information relating to survival in a large, mainly uninhabited territory. I am planning
on doing this in the pacific Northwest (USA&Canada) if that helps.
>>
>>1043512
Your best way to survive is to not do it. Surviving in the wilderness is NOT for the inexperienced. You need to practice and train for years before even attempting to survive for prolonged periods of time in the wild.
>>
>>1043512
How long is your "prolonged period"
When are you starting?
What prior outdoor experience do you have?
What equipment do you have and how much money do you have to procure additional things?
Do you fully understand how stupid this idea is and how autistic you sound?
>>
>>1043512
The fall and winter will kill you in the national parks in WA. Especially if you're inexperienced.
>>
>>1043512
Just eat a pistol and save the search and rescue costs you little bitch
>>
>>1043512

If you have any family, friends or co-workers that would notice your absence then leave a fucking note.

Don't get people worked up which could result in all sorts of wasted search parties and shit that would take resources away from others that might need them.

Other than that, have fun and don't be surprised when you die.
>>
>>1043512
>not telling anyone where you're going
>no experience
>asking for tips on a Nepalese crocheting image board

Enjoy dying, moron
>>
>>1043539
>>1043515
These two. Don't stay until winter, learn basic trapping, fishing, hunting or whatever. Just secure a steady food source. Still, don't stretch this out til winter. You won't survive winter alone and inexperienced. Make sure you have a way out, back to civilization. Gear lists can be found all over.

But please, don't be an idiot and do the whole "Into the Wild" routine.

Surviving alone is hard. That's why humans in the Northern hemisphere spent all the warm seasons growing and harvesting food to survive the winter. This was a collective effort. One man doing this, inexperienced, leads to death.
>>
>>1043512

OP, you need a serious reality check before attempting this. I wont lie it is also a fantasy of mine, sort of, to do something of what you are suggesting. but then reality comes crashing in.

imagine yourself standing in the middle of a dense, thick, remote, wild and unfamiliar forest.

Imagine you are 100+ miles from the nearest road or trail that would lead you back to civilization.

Imagine you are in this remote location with nothing but trees and rocks and dirt around you and it is hundreds of miles to the nearest civilization or any kind of store where you can just walk in and buy food, clothing, medicine or other supplies.

you are there with nothing but what you can carry on your back.

food doesn't just magically appear out of thin air. attempting this on your own, you would run out of food before you even got far enough into the wild to insure not bumping into other humans.

then what will you do? you will starve and die of thirst, hunger or getting ill form eating or drinking unclean things.
>>
>>1043512
Dude, fuck off.
>>
>>1043683
That's what he's trying to do senpai
>>
>>1043687
Exactly, senpai.
>>
>>1043512
Fuck off
I hope you die
>>
>>1043538
This ^ I hate telling people kys, but seriously dude just commit suicide in the city instead of wasting SAR's time.
>>
>>1043512
you're a loser
>>
>>1043512
You should get a big sword and night vision goggles.
Besides that bring some lube for the huge bear that is going to be fucking you in the ass.
Godspeed anon.
>>
>>1043512
You need at least 10 years of preparation to survive for 1 in the wilderness. The one thing you need is the thing you seem to be most willing to ignore.
>>
File: newnenwnenw 050.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
newnenwnenw 050.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
you will die in WA state with no training in the winter...

think about somewhere easy like hawaii
>>
>>1043512
Any national park in the PNW I give you about 1 month until you get caught, probably lot less time than that. You're never as off the grid as you think you are, especially n the US.
>>
File: 1481952404277.jpg (254KB, 1253x845px) Image search: [Google]
1481952404277.jpg
254KB, 1253x845px
>This thread again

In case you are serious, you should start practicing now. Maybe that you'll be able do survive for a few months if you get enough experience, but I don't think that you'll go through the winter.
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-25+at+08.02.52).png (27KB, 1013x357px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-25+at+08.02.52).png
27KB, 1013x357px
>>1043512
Just kill yourself.

If you want to go missing, it's easier to do it in a city.

You're just going to fucking kill yourself. In a long, drawn out, and one of the most terrible ways to die. Malnutrition, starvation, dehydration, hypothermia, just the very common ones. Not to mention disease.

Seriously. I've been trekking and camping for 40 years, Ive thruhiked AT and PCT, and I almost summitted K2. I've a long record, but I'd still kill myself before I try to spend a year hiding in the woods cut off from society.
>>
>>1045406
>bing
>>
>>1045436
And yet it's still not the stupidest shit posted in the thread.
>>
Here you go, op

https://youtu.be/AypNmqb7nwg
>>
>>1045437
>bing
>>
>>1045441
You're detracting from the danger of what OP is suggesting. It's tantamount to suicide.
And searching the same thing on Google didnt give the Wiki page as 1st result so I used Bong.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.