[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your experiences with outdoor uni clubs? thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: uni.png (622KB, 889x592px) Image search: [Google]
uni.png
622KB, 889x592px
What are your experiences with outdoor uni clubs? thinking of joining one
>>
I run one of the backpacking clubs at my university so I would obviously recommend you join
>>
>>1042078
What's it like?
>>
>>1042054
It will depend on the people in the club, I joined the one at my uni but it was filled with autists so I never did anything with them.
Go to a social and get to know them. If you like them join. Otherwise you can always organise your own stuff if you find friends who like the hobby as well
>>
ugh

you unicorn obsessed people are almost as bad as the furries
>>
I was a member of my college's outdoor club for my first year. After that I just went /out/ with the people I met and befriended from the club so we could plan out own trips doing whatever we wanted. The club was a good way to get into an outdoorsy social circle
>>
File: CU-Buffs.png (21KB, 350x256px) Image search: [Google]
CU-Buffs.png
21KB, 350x256px
>>1042054
Any buffs here? Thinking of finding some /out/ists to chill with in the Rockies when I start freshman year?
>>
>>1042054
Since you're posting here I assume your idiot tolerance is already pretty high. How's your tolerance for hippies? That's the other big demographic in those things.
>>
It's fun. Don't be a sperg or a creep around women.
>>
>>1042054
Mine here is ok. They have a good gear room so you can rent stuff if you dont have anything. However they only do like one backpacking trip a year per class. So one freshman, sophmore, etc. hiking trip. So little hiking. They are more into mountain biking and fly fishing which I dont do so i usually just go backpacking with my freinds that agree with me.
>>
>>1042721
Pretty sure most outing clubs expect members to organize trips amongst themselves, as in >>1042320.

It's pretty hard to convince the university to pay gas money for a couple dozen students who would be out every weekend anyways, so they organize trips as community outreach to get numbers up and show that they are important to the community. At least that was what the club was like where I went.
>>
>>1042054
I signed up for one during a club rush. Put my email down and was told I'd get an email with more info. Never got an email.
>>
>>1042554
I transferred after freshman year because there's so many braindead partiers
>>
>>1042102
All we really do is organize a couple different trips a year by putting people in groups based on location preferences and send them on their way with some instructions, gear rental if they need it, and usually at least one experienced person per group. I wish there was more bonding time as a larger club but finding good outdoor stuff that everyone is interested in is kind of hard where I live
>>
Climbing clubs are universally shit. It's a bunch of showboating and gear obsession.

Backpacking clubs are, from what I've seen, solid. People generally know what they're doing/are normal humans.

I joined a botany club my freshman year and was blown away by the knowledge in the club. Taking care of plants in the greenhouse was really relaxing. The members were pretty sperg though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.