[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another bear attack within 3 weeks, what's going on /out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 36

File: IMG_2903.jpg (170KB, 900x579px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2903.jpg
170KB, 900x579px
Another bear attack within 3 weeks, what's going on /out/? First a black bear attack in Canada and now another black bear attack that killed a 16 year old in Alaska. Make sure to brush up on your bear safety and consider carrying a firearm, stay safe out there sc/out/s!
>>
>>1041758
It's summer break and more tourists are running around out in the woods without any worry.
>>
That's still only 2 people in north America.

Nothing is happening, you're being a faggot. Black bears are literally the least of your worries.

Fuck, you people are such fucking pussies.
>>
Also way to bumble your way over here, you fucking mongoloid.

Sage.
>>
Probably people running away from them. Black bears (that aren't mama bears) are usually scared off by a few loud noises. I used to deal with them often enough, they only really become a problem when tourists or cottagers would throw them food off their decks.
>>
File: all fields.jpg (45KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
all fields.jpg
45KB, 700x466px
>>1041765
/thread

op is a faggot.
>>
>>1041758
I scared off a black bear from my trash last night. All i did was yell "get outa here bear"

If you get attacked by one of those pussies you must be the biggest cuck ever
>>
>>1041776
Or, you know, you could be near her cubs or something.
>>
>>1041758
They wake up hungry from hibernation and there aren't many berries that are ripe yet
>>
>>1041765
ZERO attacks in Jan, Feb, March, April, then BOOM! Deaths and gore.
>>
>>1041765
The Canadian attack was a 100% unprovoked aggressive attack on an adult male, fucking get with reality bud.
>>
I was actually ten miles away from the place where the kid died was mauled in Alaska this weekend. Me and a group of friends were camping and we actually encountered a black bear that walked into our camp. Luckily there were 7 of us and when we made ourselves look huge and loud it left. I gotta wonder if it was possibly the same bear.
>>
>>1041758
>gun

You're better off with getting bear spray. Anyone who doesn't train regularly with their side arm is retarded to think they could fatally hit a charging bear.
>>
black bear dindu nuffin. he wuz a good bear.

that kid was probably asking for it flaunting his white male privilege over the black bear
>>
>2 separate fatal black bear attacks yesterday in Alaska

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40332023

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2017/06/19/officials-fatal-bear-mauling-reported-at-pogo-mine-near-delta-junction/
>>
>>1041944
My bad they were a day apart.
>>
>>1041758
The picture is a little off. You are supposed to lay flat on your stomach, legs spread (so you're harder to flip over), with your hands and arms guarding your neck. You do not want to be on your side or in a ball. And always leave your backpack on if possible because it will act as a barrier between your back and the bear. Some people instinctively throw their packs to try to distract aggressive bears but that is a very bad idea.

This guy survived a grizzly mauling with that technique:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK609rbSBLs
>>
>not bringing your katana with you while in bear country

are these people amateurs? jesus i'd have that bear's head before he even got a swing off on me
>>
I think people vastly underestimate black bears they can be extremely dangerous and preditory
>>
File: 1490464135274.png (968KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1490464135274.png
968KB, 1080x1920px
>>1041923
The attack on the 16 year old in Alaska. A ranger shot the bear in the face with a slug and it just ran off. They still can't find it.

Scary how ineffective firearms are against bears sometimes.
>>
>>1041958
>In a world where katana's aren't shitty weeb bait
>>
>>1041968
maybe if you're some kind of pleb who isnt trained to use one
>>
>>1041966
so basically the use of machine guns for bear protection should be allowed. why fire one bullet when the chances of it doing anything are so slim when you can fire 30?
>>
>>1041966
They still ran off the bear you retard.
Stop being a faggot and spreading misinfo, your studies use anecdotal evidence as its primary evidence and that poster is politically motivated by faggots like you, using the same 1 Enquirer teir study as its only evidence

Carry a large bore rifle, preferably something semiautomatic or pump action if your in bear country.
>>
>>1041978
>T pussy
>>
>>1041985
Great response, 2 people get mauled in 2 days, but you dont need protection from a bear, not at all.

I wonder why park rangers used a gun to drive the bear off instead of bear spray. Hmmm.
>>
>>1041998
>>1041985
Are you guys going to have this argument in every bear thread until the end of time?
>>
>>1042017

.... Yes?
>>
>>1041998
because the bear wasn't charging them... why is this a question?
>>
>>1041998

IN ALL OF NORTH AMERICA

fuck read a book on statistics.

You're somewhere on the order of 20000x more likely to shoot yourself with the gun you brough for bear, than you are likely to even see one, add a bunch more zeroes to compare against an attack.
>>
>>1042034
Doesn't seem like it with 2 people being killed in two days and others injured
>>
>>1041758
>and consider carrying a firearm,

bait thread
>>
File: 9452.jpg (542KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
9452.jpg
542KB, 2272x1704px
>>1042017
Welcome to the internet.

Did you know that:

>The world is really flat.
>NASA is all lies.
>There are no CS jobs.
>Something something Trump.
>use bear spray not guns
>shitting in rivers is better than in holes int he ground
>orange peels are "okay" litter.
>>
>>1042045
How is suggesting people consider something bait?
>>
>>1041944
Amateur hour
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Grizzlies
>>
>>1041758
>>1041944
>>1041998
>>1042043
>coincidences are statistically significant
>>
>>1042254
>Park rangers use a gun to drive off and kill a LITERAL man eating bear instead of bear spray
"its just a coincidence!!!!!"
>>
>>1042263
i'm talking about the people shitting their pants over 2 chronologically close bear attacks. idgaf about guns vs spray.
>>
>>1042264
Going out into bear country makes it SIGNIFICANTLY more likely to see a bear. Duh. Bikers wear a helmet, Rock climbers use a harness. you dont have to worry about sharks if you dont go to the beach.

Of course those things dont apply to normal people, but you prepare for your situation. Stop being retarded.
>>
File: literally last wednesday.jpg (253KB, 1095x821px) Image search: [Google]
literally last wednesday.jpg
253KB, 1095x821px
>>1042265
>i don't spend time in bear country
lol. i just got back from 5 days backpacking in the sierra with just 1 other person. i carried neither guns nor spray. my cousin just got back from 4 days solo. no guns or spray on him either. but load up however you feel comfortable.

re: you're other examples, i'm also a rock climber and live 20 minutes from the ocean. but bikers are faggots. :)
>>
>>1042043
2 people died in bear accidents. Meanwhile, 100 people died in car accidents. Which should I worry about?
>>
>>1042270
and the person i was with also didn't have a gun or spray.
>>
>>1042270
>>1042275
It's your life man, take whatever chances with it you want. It's not like I walk around in bear country constantly peeing my pants, but I don't see the problem in carrying a 20 can of spray just in case.
>>
>>1042274
Almost infinitely more people drive every day than are within even 50 miles of a bear.
>>
File: 1491140043094.jpg (26KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
1491140043094.jpg
26KB, 300x235px
>>1041878
this is the time of year males roam around and extend their range in search of a mate
>>
>>1042274
This shit pisses me off, of course they'll be more car accident deaths as there's millions of people driving around. Not a huge number of people go out into bear territory. But if you want to fuck around with statistics bear attacks have been steadily rising over the last 10-20 odd years
>>
>>1042279
you're more likely to save your life while /out/ by wearing a life vest than by carrying bear spray.
>>
>>1042297
How do you know I don't employ both methods
Pro tip you don't
>>
>>1041998
The park rangers weren't trying to drive the bear off. They were trying to kill it.

Park rangers carry bear spray when they are out in the wild areas.
>>
>>1042283
But look at the odds, not just the shear numbers.

Your chance of dying in an accident are statistically greater, not just because of volume.

Basically, for every 1k people driving and 1k people in bear country, you'll have like 0.001 bear deaths and about 5 car deaths.
>>
>>1042295
But the rose is bear attacks is attributed to a rise in human population, and a rise of that population extending into bear country.

It's not that bears are more dangerous than before, it's just there are more chances for bad bear encounters.

I'm a die hard gun owner, typical "if you come for mine you had better bring yours" mentality. However, I do concede that you're much more likely to shoot yourself than save yourself by fending off a bear with your gun.

There are way, way way more accidental gun deaths by hunters in bear areas than by bear attacks. Partially due to stupid people, but also due to the fact that bears just don't often fuck with people.

I wish I had the link, but there are have been like 10x as many people who have won 100k+ in the lottery TWICE, than the number of people killed by bears. Again, many more people play the lottery, but a significant population in the USA lives within bear territory as well, so take it as you are.
>>
File: file.png (59KB, 1179x278px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
59KB, 1179x278px
>>1042043
>>1042264
Ever hear of night of the grizzlies?
>>
>>1042442
see >>1042254
>>
>>1041966
Having good aim at a target range is one thing, Having good aim with 1000lbs of angry muscle coming at you is quite another.
>>
>>1042274
450 million (plus) people travel by car every single day just in North America. The average North American spends nearly 3200 *days* (76,650 hours) of their life in a car.

Fewer than 10 million people will be within 10 miles of any form of bear at any point in their lives, if even only one happened to kinda sorta wander near an interstate. Fewer than 1 million people will ever see a bear in their entire lives.

Less than 1/5th of the US population and less than 1/20th of the North American population lives even remotely close to bear territory to where it's even remotely possible to encounter a bear.

Not really a fair comparison there.
>>
>>1042423
Thing is, they ALSO carry a gun.

Because they realize there are times for one or the other, and if need be they can employ one right after the other.

Also bear spray works pretty fucking well on people and aggressive pets.
>>
>>1042450
In fact, they frequently carry TWO guns (rifle or shotgun, and duty pistol), plus bear spray, plus an air horn, plus a whistle.

And they can do this because they are rarely very far from a vehicle and rarely are spending more than 8-10 hours on duty, and rarely traveling by foot.

This isn't really an option for hikers and campers (especially in national parks where concealed carry is okay but the open carry of long guns is not), mainly due to weight and bulk.
>>
>>1042447
Thank you.
>>
>>1042447
You must live in a city.

You underestimate how many people live in rural areas that are populated by bear. People live every day in bear areas.

Hell, more than 2 million people visit Glacier National Park every single year alone, and that's just one tiny area and I guarantee there's a bear within 10 miles of a lot of them.

Fewer than 1 million people will ever see a bear? Where I live I don't think anyone has ever NOT seen a bear. Even my wife who never grew up being outside and grew up in a town has seen like 4 or 5 of them.

In my state alone, over 3.5 million people live in rural areas and I promise you that every one of them has been within 10 miles of a bear.

You're seriously delusional. Per 100k people every year 10 of them will die in a car accident.

There are way, way, way, WAY more people than 100k every year that live, hike, camp, and work in close proximity to bears and theres onlt an average of 1 death per year in all of north america.
>>
>>1042590
You must not understand that over 70% of the US population and over 80% of the Canadian population lives in cities.

You must not understand that "bear territory" tends to be about as far away from big cities as they can get, and that most of the US big cities aren't in any current bear native ranges.

You also must not understand that bears, being apex animals, are pretty fucking few in number since they require large territories. This means that even if you live in a bear hotspot like Colorado it's pretty easy to go your entire life and never be within 10 miles of a live bear.
>>
>>1041878
Almost like the bears have been asleep all winter or something
>>
>>1042651
>ywn take a comfy 6 month long nap in a cozy hole innawoods
Why wasn't I born a bear reeeeeeee
>>
>>1042427
Bear population is rising as well, they're no longer threatened.

About the bear spray vs. firearm argument in this thread, the gun's not gonna do you much good unless you've seen the bear first. And it's at a distance. And you have a rifle. If you startle a bear and it comes charging at you 50 feet away out of heavy brush, good luck hitting it in the brain with your handgun as it's running at you, otherwise it will keep coming. That's also assuming you're just walking around with your gun out. There's a chance a shotgun to its face won't even stop it. Your best bet is to hit it with bear spray and then play dead. It's really just a shit situation to be in, that's why you should mainly be focused on how to avoid this encounter at all costs. You do not want to startle a bear.
>>
File: Non fatal injuries.png (2MB, 1284x1340px) Image search: [Google]
Non fatal injuries.png
2MB, 1284x1340px
>>1042971
Sure thing Todd.
>>
>>1042973
Hey man he survived didn't he? Bears have personalities and there's no one size fits all solution, but if you turn the thing into a fight to the death things can get a lot worse. If the attack isn't predatory (which is rare, only like night of grizzlies further up) you just want to show you're not a threat, but also not prey.
>>
>>1042975
Sure thing Todd.
>>
File: 1496663073932.jpg (68KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496663073932.jpg
68KB, 450x450px
>>1042971
A doubt a bear would get up after being peppered with glorious 7.62x51
>>
>>1042638
You are absolutely delusional.

Just because you don't see a bear, does not mean they aren't around. They typically avoid humans. There's over 300k black bears alone in the USA, over 600k if you include canada. That's hardly a low population. They are common. Very, very common in many areas.

Even if 70% of the US is urbanized, that's still 100 million people who live in rural areas.

"Bear" territory isn't as far away as can be from urban areas. I live 15 minutes from a city. I've seen 2 bears this year alone near my house.

You're just spewing "facts" that are incorrect. I promise, without a shadow of a doubt, anyone who has ever hiked in the northeast USA any time at all has been within 10 miles of a bear. It's not even debatable.
>>
>>1042971
Bear population however is rising significantly lower than human population.

It's that human continue to encroach into near areas, at an increasing rate. The higher number of encounters leads to higher numbers of attacks. There's no correlation at all that bears are becoming any more aggressive or dangerous.
>>
>>1042638
Let's put it this way.

A few years ago a bear killed a man in New Jersey less than 30 miles from New York city, one of the largest and most populated metropolitan areas on the entire planet.

Bears most certainly do love close to people. In fact that same bear that killed that man, within 10 miles of it at the time of the attack was well over 100k people. Within 30 miles of than bear was over 7 million people.

But go ahead and argue that "most" people in bear country have never been within 10 miles of a bear.
>>
>>1042975
momma grizzlies are hell of a protective. they will charge up to a hunderd feet from their cubs they won't leave them but they are damn good sprinters. run like hell to get out of range if you spot them in time. because they will rough you up if you don't. if you fail to run away pretend dead next best option.

males are different issue. when a bear hunts it's either an ambush or it goes for a more lighter pace something they can do for a hell of a long time. so if a bear runs towards you more leisurely (still faster than you can run) it want's to eat you you can bet on it.
>>
>>1043237
one more sign to look for, bear head is down and it's really coming at you it is an aggressive charge it want's you gone playing dead or gtfo is a pretty good option in this case, if it's head up to get a better look and comes in a more measured pace you look like a meal to it standing your ground shouting and fighting or trying to dissuade it is your best bet.
>>
>>1043049
bear spray and pray
>>
>>1043345
Not much to pray about when you can have 30+ rounds going in excess of 3000 fps at the bear in a half second. And before some fag goes "you cant aim under pressure!!!!?!?!!" its actually a very easy thing to do with modern semi auto rifles.
>>
>>1043361
You really think can get 30 rounds off in a half second?

You think any of them can hit a softball moving at you at 25 mph?

Ok Rambo.

Most bear encounters from aggressive bears exactly 1 shot is fired. In a typical bear encounter, you're lucky to get off t or 6 rounds, as you have only a few seconds. Even then, you have to hit a bear in between it's eyes to incapacitate it instantly, which is extremely difficult.

A bluff charging bear that's wounded by a gun now becomes a bear fighting to the death.
>>
File: file.png (300KB, 1026x1770px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
300KB, 1026x1770px
here's the story of the latest one in alaska
>>
File: 1410582546575.gif (88KB, 457x402px) Image search: [Google]
1410582546575.gif
88KB, 457x402px
>>1043907
>bear spray fail
>>
>>1043738
>You really think can get 30 rounds off in a half second?
Have you ever shot a semi automatic gun with a 30rd magazine? That is exceedingly easy.
>You think any of them can hit a softball moving at you at 25 mph?
SKeet shooting, a very populer shooting activity involves shooting clay pellets, smaller than a bears head moving at speeds up to 50mph, moving PERPENDICULAR to you, not in a straight line towards you.

Its actually well withing the realm of possibility.
>>
>>1043738
Sure thing Mr. bear.
>>
>>1043984
>SKeet shooting
you gonna shoot bears with birdshot?
>>
>>1043984
You're just being a troll.

It is physically impossible to fire 30 rounds in half a second in a semi automatic gun. I own 3 AR-15s. You're implying that a semi auto gun can theoretically fire 3600 rounds a minute. That's the same rate that a gau-12 gattling cannon fires. The minimum time to shoot 30 rounds would be at least 5 seconds, and they would not be accurate.

Skeet shooting is done with SHOTGUNS you fucking idiot. The only reason you can hit them is because the shotgun is firing lots of pellets out of the barrel at once, covering a wide area. Go ahead and try to accurately hit a clay bird with your AR-15.
>>
>>1043989
A full auto M4 only shoots 800 rounds a minute and that other guys thinks you can shoot 3600 rounds a minute semi auto?
>>
>>1043989
For reference, this is 3900 rounds per minute

https://youtu.be/NBXrogB8L08

You're saying you can fire a semi auto gun that fast?
>>
>>1043990
not only that but he thinks he can shoot skeet with slugs
>>
>>1043988
>>1043989
>>1043990
>>1043991
>>1044013
First off, great samefagging really just excellent, as always.
Second, people shoot skeet with slugs all the time, its called trick shooting and theres even local competitions all over the country devoted to this, some even make it harder by restricting you to cowboy era guns, its actually very fun, cheap, and quite wide spread.
Thirdly i admit it was an exaggeration but magdumping on target in very little time is very easy to do, heres several examples of just randos doing it on youtube with all kinds of different guns, ALL SEMI-AUTO, with moderate success. Most of these easily achieve 20-25 rounds per second while staying on target

AK all semi auto, fully legal to own in the US.
https://youtu.be/2RwJWRw7Ivw
https://youtu.be/5zaZejwPTjw
https://youtu.be/UP5X7ev2BFQ
https://youtu.be/M0nPS6-MTIs
https://youtu.be/A1jpntstj0A
https://youtu.be/O1MQJoiPyy0

AR15 all semi auto
https://youtu.be/e3KOKS_HwQU
https://youtu.be/Zk_i9OWqL40
https://youtu.be/jOOjBbrXPbI
https://youtu.be/7rMhyDkB5OY
https://youtu.be/kCxCZRif-n4
The FAL, the biggest and perhaps most uncontrollable of all the gun ill post, still controllable and able to fire quickly.
https://youtu.be/bJDyEAgW8FI
https://youtu.be/LTq7x7a4WZc
https://youtu.be/YJbJNYwaPds
https://youtu.be/dCcrdF2rL2g
Heres some shotguns for you not nearly as fast but still lots of large slugs down range very fast

https://youtu.be/0-csrQ_VP5Y
https://youtu.be/gC3eB9Dcm8s
https://youtu.be/p3SMWecQbdI
https://youtu.be/cbd8biIvNL0

Notice, i didnt include any professionals or people with speed shooting prowess, just regular guys shooting their semi auto or pump action guns fast.
>>
>>1041966
Not really surprising it ran off. Foster slugs are a terrible idea for dangerous game like brown bear. Hell, the only shotgun load I would even consider for bear is the Brenekke Black Magic only because it is a 666gr hardened slug designed for the damn things.

With large, dangerous game it's all about penetration. Large centerfire rifles or big bore hard cast loads are the way to go if you absolutely need to take down bear.
>>
>>1044014
>great samefagging
you wish faggot
>Second, people shoot skeet with slugs all the time
yeah like thrown from hand from 3 feet at the apex maybe.
>>
>>1044037
Neither if those are arguments. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>1044037
Shooting clays moving faster than a bear ever could with slugs
https://youtu.be/euDuKE5BshU
https://youtu.be/ylLy5KjZ_JE
https://youtu.be/G1rqtLrXk_U
https://youtu.be/jOmnbz5PIco

Seems a little harder buy people still do it all the fucking time. Took 5 minutes on youtube to find scores of people doing it.
>>
>>1042034
>fuck read a book on statistics.
>You're somewhere on the order of 20000x more likely to shoot yourself with the gun you brough for bear, than you are likely to even see one, add a bunch more zeroes to compare against an attack.

Idiot, think about your sample group here, yes out the entire population the chance is low but the group your speaking to is a bunch if outdoorsmen. Retard.
>>
>>1043989
Shooting clays with an ar15
https://youtu.be/TC7zgB0L-SY
https://youtu.be/oNlMp2Ru9K0
https://youtu.be/YcqhqA3bCVo
>>
>>1041878
That's because bears hibernate, fuck-knuckle.
>>
>>1044058
Then why don't we just only go /out/ then?
>>
>>1041878
look at the dates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America
>>
>>1042651
/thread
>>
Regarding the whole gun thing, here's a video of a grizzly charging some russian lads. I count about 3 or 4 based on voices. They let off 4 rounds until the bear goes over. The first 2 rounds definitely hit, but the thing keeps coming (even after taking a tumble). I have no idea whether bear spray would have worked in that scenario (I'm skeptical), but it took a lot to stop that bear in its tracks. Do you think you'd be capable of doing that on your own?

The gun in this scenario was probably more useful than bear spray, but these incidents are also extremely rare. If the most common thing is curious/bluffing bears not intent on a kill, then it seems like bear spray is less likely to escalate the situation, and also helps maintain bear population.

desu I'd just make sure I don't let myself get in to a situation where I'm likely to be charged/approached by a bear - protect your food well, make plenty of noise as you hike, travel as a group, etc. You know, all the shit that the park rangers *that do this for a living* do. Rather than take my advice from some gun-nut on /out/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8R9fwsEA6M
>>
>>1044043
>https://youtu.be/euDuKE5BshU
wow you can actually see the cloud of shot before the skeet explodes
i am proven wrong kek
>>
>>1044057
>https://youtu.be/oNlMp2Ru9K0
if that was a bear these guys would be dead rofl
>>
>>1044156
The gunpowder? The smoke from firing a slug?
>>1044159
A clay pidgon that is much smaller and much faster than any bear EVER?

And the other 5 videos? you gonna nitpick all the video examples i posted? What about all the ones I didnt post that are on youtube?

Go back to wherever you came from, your not contributing anything.
>>
>>1044159
>hitting something the size of a coaster that's traveling at about 45mph about 1 in 3 tries, and coming pretty damn close the rest of the time
>"lol nah they surely would also miss something approximately 9000x bigger moving at approximately 1/5th the speed with every single shot guaranteed lol"
>>
Is it wrong to think I alone could kill a smaller black bear with a large knife?
>>
>>1044197
How big's the brain of a grizzly? It's not going to be stopped by a round to the chest or wherever. It's going to be angry.

It also doesn't move predictably/linearly.
>>
File: bearskulls.jpg (109KB, 900x607px) Image search: [Google]
bearskulls.jpg
109KB, 900x607px
>>1044214
It depends on the size of the bear, but 2-5x the size of a clay pidgon.

You dont have to hit the brain to stop the bear as I have said in the last few threads, but your still being a shitposting faggot, so ill post my bear encounter story once again.

>Be me
>British Columbia
>Town way out in the boonies
>Circa 1991
>Black bear has been rooting around in garbage, scraping claws house siding, even killed someones dog
>generally being a fucking menace
>town is mostly libs and hippies so nothing has happened about it yet.
>One road in and out of town
>one night some hippy bitch sees said bear on side of the road at dusk, stops in her '85 corolla to look at bear to take pics with shitty disposable camera cause '91
>flash agitates bear, bear tries to flip car, pushes it into ditch and tries to tear a door off
>once car finds traction hippy bitch realizes maybe bears are dangerous
>speeds off
>word spreads in town bear almost killed someone
>more pet deaths
>gets reported, mounties do fucking nothing.
>me and buddy go out to find bear and put it down.
>me with 870 loaded with 3in slugs, buddy with kalashnikov.
>took the stopper out of the tube for 2 more slugs, also illegal, but fuck it, bear.
>spend 2 days looking for the fucking thing
>split up to look better
>bad idea
>I end up finding bear, ~80 meters away
>bear stands starts snorting at me
>full adult, a full foot or more taller than I am
>fuck me
>Its what i came here for goddammit.
>chamber round and top off gun
>right as I line up a shot at heart the bear drop and charges
>miss
>Try to line up shots at collar bone as it charges, maybe get a heart shot
>bear stumbles to a stop and slumps over about 15 ft away after dumping all my ammo
>buddy runs out of the bushes
>bear is gurgling, sans lower jaw
>finishes off bear.
>leave bear, we are both hippies as well and dont eat meat or like fur.

I ended up taking its jaw off, shattering the shoulder joint and collar bone with 2 more in the chest area.
>>
>>1043911
Operator error
>>
>>1044237
The article dosent say that, no other source says that, they all say it was used and it had no effect, which is a common problem with bear spray. Once or twice is maybe operator error, but there have been consistent reports of bear spray doing nothing.
>>
>>1044168
>The gunpowder? The smoke from firing a slug?
nah, those are definitely shots powder and smoke don't go that far
>>
>>1044271
Shot powder? Thats not a thing, you mean the puff of smoke from the clay before the clay breaks? That is a thing.

Your literally grasping at straws.
>>
>>1044272
nah that was not a slug it was shot you moron, don't fall for liars. the clay did not break form a central point either it was multiple hits.
>>
>>1044197
the talk was about hitting the brain if i remember correctly.
and hitting something coming in vs something going out is totally different.
not saying i couldn't do it, but you and most morons running around in the woods with a gun for "protection" couldn't.
>>
>>1041966
I live in Alaska and 2 guys got mauled last year. Both had bear spray.
>>
>>1044115
Please don't post death of animals.
>>
>>1044284
And how many times did bear spray prevent attacks? You don't know.
>>
>>1044292
Yeah because it's hard to get good statistics when the Forest Service blasts anything it sees regardless what it's doing "welp, saved another life".
>>
>>1044296
Accurate.

Bear spray wont stop an aggressive bear. Period. Bear spray only works on bears that arent a threat anyway. But the bear spray advocates count every instance of that as a man eater being stopped by pepper spray. Which is ridiculous.
>>
>>1044298
>Bear spray wont stop an aggressive bear.
dude try to eat a meal after someone sprayed you in the face with mace and try to enjoy it!

if you spray a bear it won't be eating you for a good while. if it still reaches you just ball up protect your head and don't move you will get off with scratches and the bear will be miserable as shit for hours.
>>
>>1044313
except for when the bear spray does nothing and 2 people die. Like >>1043907. 2 woman dead. not just tore up with broken bones and a shattered shoulder, several puncture wounds and half a scalp hanging off like with Todd Orr when he chose bear spray. They are dead.
>>
>>1044214
>How big's the brain of a grizzly? It's not going to be stopped by a round to the chest or wherever. It's going to be angry.
So I have two options here: bear spray, which has 0% chance of killing a bear and a high chance of doing nothing and just making it angry, or a rifle with a 80%+ chance of killing a bear and even higher chance of incapitation. Hmm, hard decison.

>>1044287
Fuck off you limp-wristed faggot

>>1044313
>dude try to eat a meal after someone sprayed you in the face with mace and try to enjoy it
Bears aren't humans. Not a relevant comparison. Try something more like
>dude try to attack an unarmed midget after he's sprayed you with mace
99% of the time bears aren't attacking people to eat them either.
>>
>>1044319
>bear spray, which has 0% chance of killing a bear and a high chance of doing nothing
making statistics up from your feels? you are desperate.
>>
>>1044324
So bear spray can kill now? And all the times where it's done nothing is made up now? Really makes me think.
>>
>>1044324
2 woman are dead because of faggot like you who push bear spray and when they used it, it did absolutely nothing. Think about that.
>>
>>1044319
that would be pretty hard most people can't open their eyes and won't see shit after maced. it also hurts to breathe and not choke on your snot takes effort.
>99% of the time bears aren't attacking people to eat them either.
well that's wrong actually closer to 10% of the attacks are predatory. don't count bluff charges as attacks like a fag!
>>
File: woman-used-mace.gif (957KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
woman-used-mace.gif
957KB, 350x197px
>>1044327
>when they used it, it did absolutely nothing
really? you were there?
>>
>>1044331
Well if it worked the bear wouldn't have killed them, moron.
>>
>>1044331
2 woman are dead, and a witness who saw the attack said they used bear spray to no effect. But they are still dead you faggot.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/06/23/black-bear-hyper-aggressive-attack-two-women-alaska/422207001/
>>
>>1044334
My bad, 1 dead, 1 seriously injured. Due to bear spray.
>>
>>1044332
the bear wouldn't have killed them if they did anything right, moron.
you need to fail half a dozen items on a checklist to get killed by a bear.
>>
>>1044337
Like using bear spray, apparently.
>>
>>1044339
nah using bear spray works pretty well.
if you manage to use it on the bear and not yourself. i wouldn't have it as my last line of defense. it's really there to save the bears life in case of a misunderstanding not yours.
>>
>>1044343
1 dead, confirmed. god knows how many injured because of it.
>>
>>1044347
way less than guns apparently.
>>
>>1044350
not an argument on why bear is effective.

Because it isnt.
>>
>>1044352
bear is effective at a lot of things.
but, there is no way you can dig up statistic to disprove this statement: "a hell of a lot more people died or got seriously injured while defending themselves with a gun then with bear spray"
sure every gun nut motherfucker believes he is a better shot under pressure of a charging bear than all those countless people that failed before him.

i like guns i really do, and to the debate of bear spray vs guns i always say why would you pick one? why would you ever consider going alone and only bringing one? humans killed bears with sticks and stones because they worked together. have spray and gun both go in group never alone in bear country and you will be fine with the spray vast majority of the times.
>>
File: bear5.jpg (40KB, 357x279px) Image search: [Google]
bear5.jpg
40KB, 357x279px
>>1044355
>>
>>1044347
Jesus you are so stupid I'm surprised you can even breathe without help
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.fws.gov/mountain-prairie/species/mammals/grizzly/bear%2520spray.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjX4OXbhtXUAhVC4WMKHbI4DAIQFggnMAI&usg=AFQjCNFVfGa0pxO8CHL2PaqItqYWR0aViQ
>>
>>1044370
you already posted this, in this thread even, >>1041966
you dont have any more arguments

Heres some anons responses >>1041978
>>1044035
>>1044284
to recap, thats a posting based on liberal bosses and a study that used anecdotal evidence as its main evidence source. how about that.
>>
>>1044376
Different poster and I didn't see that it was already posted. You're basing your "argument" entirely on one incident, and the study plainly says that no method is 100% effective. Go take a remedial statistics course or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1044380
Im basing my argument that that poster is liberal propaganda based on a study that has a data set of less than 30 incidents, which are admitted to be anecdotal. So that study, and any document referencing it as evidence is null. No matter what it says, it means nothing.
>>
Last weekend I was hiking in the woods and stumbled upon a young bear that was in some scrubs. I backed away slowly while pointing my bear spray at it.

I love encounters like that.
>>
File: bares.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
bares.webm
3MB, 720x404px
I took this today. Don't watch if you're easily triggered
>>
>>1044429
Nice 10mm. Why would you carry IWB hiking though? just seems uncomfortable, when you could OWB without a problem.
>>
>>1044207
No, someone did it with their teeth once. There is a monument dedicated to him.
>>
>>1044459
I have to hike through bushes and stuff and it was getting hung up on my outside holster so I switched just to try it out and will never go back.
>>
>>1044469
Hmm, that does make sense. I just have a cheap leather holster i got at a thrift store but if it works it works.
>>
File: 1470350656043.jpg (68KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1470350656043.jpg
68KB, 620x387px
>>1044429
>10mm
My man

>>1044459
>OWB
as someone who has also carried while hiking, they get caught on EVERYTHING. it gets really annoying after you have to unhook the thing from brambles for the 100th time
>>
>>1044320
Only one of them is dead senpai
>>
I'm heading to Japan in a few weeks for some fun in the mountains and I'm a little worried about bears.

Anyone know somewhere online I could order some bear spray for delivery inside of Japan that isn't 9000yen? The only shops that seem to sell it are places I will be at the end of my trip
>>
>>1044504

forgot to mention I have a massive bear phobia

and I can't get a hand cannon in Japan to defend myself
>>
>>1044236
Yeah what if that bear was innocent? Judge jury and executioner eh?
>>
>>1041885
One attack in a huge ass continent.
>>
>>1044360
who are you calling a nigger?
i'll fuck your shit up.
>>
>>1043738
Yeah, I shoot doves and pigeons on the fly with my .22 all the time, it's all about practice.
>>
>>1044504
>>1044518
Stop being a weeb. Problem solved.
>>
>>1044558
The bear was a menace who charged me, and if I wasent there it was only a matter of time before it got someones kid. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>1044207
It would be a miracle.

But worth a try. You almost definitely wouldnt be able to run away, and aggression works against black bears.

Anyway you're better off not fucking with them.

So yes, it is wrong to think that.
>>
Bear is just doing what a bear does

Same with sharks

I'd say avoid the areas where they are, so there'll be no confrontation that can end with a wounded or killed human or bear.
>>
>>1043738
>softball

A bear that size I wouldn't worry about.
>>
>>1044214
If the spine or shoulder or a leg is broke that's definitely going to impair it's abilities. Doesn't have to be a brain shot'
>>
>>1045070
see pic>>1044236
>>1045073
see text>>1044236
>>
>>1045043
>don't go where there are bears
>go innawoods
you can only have one where I live m8.
>>
>>1044043
First video the guy hits a clay with a slug. I'll give you that. Meanwhile he's been practicing, and celebrates like mad, indicating it was not a typical shot for him. It's also at a target where he knows it's coming, is already aimed before, and is waiting to make the shot. Nothing like a bear encounter.

Second video the guy shoots a slug at a clay bird he throws lightly in the air 5 feet in front of him.

The 3rd video is just a guy using a .22 pistol

Last video is a guy with a rifle, with optics, from a rest.

Like come on man, if you're going to troll, at least try harder.
>>
>>1045144
ANd the next 3 with an ar15? and all teh other videos on youtube of people doing it without difficulty? You or some other faggot said you COULDNT POSSIBLY EVER hit something moving fast that is small with a slug. I have video proof, posted 8 different videos, of people doing exactly that.

But Im the one trolling, totally.
>>
>>1045144
Heres some more, took me all of 3 minutes, to find a bunch more videos, And these videos are just assholes on youtube doing this shit for fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQHXkJeLMXs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgZ1-0tluC4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GswgpnZdmFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31rgIA-k4wY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq8Ian5a998
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg1y6TBBQxM
and heres all the ones I already posted

https://youtu.be/euDuKE5BshU
https://youtu.be/ylLy5KjZ_JE
https://youtu.be/G1rqtLrXk_U
https://youtu.be/jOmnbz5PIco
https://youtu.be/TC7zgB0L-SY
https://youtu.be/oNlMp2Ru9K0
https://youtu.be/YcqhqA3bCVo
Regular people doing something that couldnt possibly be done, (shooting something MUCH SMALLER moving MUCH FASTER than a bears brain pan) so says you.

But Im the one trolling. Gotcha.
>>
Man killed after shooting grizzly http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44563001/ns/us_news-environment/t/hunter-dies-trying-save-man-wounded-grizzly/

Man killed by grizzly, tried to defend with a gun and failed http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/rick-cross-missing-kananaskis-hunter-killed-in-bear-attack-1.2760221

Man killed by bear, found with spent shell casings around him indicating he tried to defend himself with his gun unsuccessfully http://articles.latimes.com/1999/may/27/news/mn-41666
>>
>>1045160
First of all, several of those videos you already posted, and were proved wrong.

Second, you didn't even watch the videos. In at least 3 videos no one shoots any clay birds with a slug or ar-15. It's just videos of guys shooting clay birds with regular shotgun shells.

There's not one single video that supports your claims. You can't just post videos of guys shooting clay birds with shotguns and birdshot and somehow correlate that with being able to kill a charging bear effectively.
>>
>>1045160
In several of these videos its takes multiple tries, and sometimes even several guys all shooting at once.
>>
>>1045164
>and heres all the ones I already posted
retard.
>>
>>1045166
>>1045164
The argument was you couldnt ever hit something like that. I posted people hitting something like that. Get over it.
>>
>>1044355
Guns were used as bear defense for nearly 500 years prior to the invention of bear spray, no fucking shit.
>>
>>1044323
You do realize that this happens all the fucking time when women try to mace an attacker, right?

And that a fair percentage of the time, even with a good face/eyes hit, the attacker still wins and the woman gets raped/robbed/killed, right?

And that's comparing 2 animals of the same species with generally similar weights.

EVEN WITH EVERYTHING GOING RIGHT, IE a good hit to the face/eyes, capsaicin based sprays are not 100% effective because there is no mechanical incapacitation possible. It's a pain compliance tool.
>>
>>1044214
>how big's the brain of a grizzly?
About the size and roughly the shape of a rugby ball. Which is about 15x the volume of a clay target and more than 40x the frontal area of a thrown clay target.

It's also going to be moving at about 1/15th the speed.

Which makes you between 225 and 600 times more likely to hit it than a clay target.

And with 2 people managing to hit a clay target roughly 1 in 3 times, figure 1 person is hitting it 1 in 6 times. Statistically that 1 person would have a 1000% chance of hitting the bear in the brain every shot, if statistics meant jack shit.

Yes, a grizzly is not going to move as predictably, and yes fear/adrenaline not present in shooting a clay target will impact accuracy, but it's still a damn high likelihood.

Especially since bullets that miss the brain but still hit the bear have the potential (albeit low, at least with 5.56 and similar calibers found in semi-auto rifles) of incapacitating a bear. 5.56 will break a shoulder blade or clavicle and greatly inhibit its ability to move much less run, a hit to the spine in front of the hips will paralyze it, and a hit to the heart/aortic arch/vena cava/[other major artery] that while not immediately incapacitating may cause it to expire before it kills you, and the simple pain of being shot has roughly the same chance of causing it to give up and fuck off as bear spray (which as earlier mentioned is simply a pain compliance tool).
>>1044277
See above.
>>
>>1045164
>what is buckshot
#1 buck has the energy to fully penetrate a bear's skull from any angle at 100m or less. 00 and 000 buck will do it to 150m, though generally the pattern is open enough none of them will guarantee a head hit past about 80m and 000 buck has so few pellets it won't guarantee a head hit past about 50m.
>>
>>1045215
You really are stupid if you think a bears brain is the size of a rugby ball.

Their brain is barely softball sized. It's 1/3 the size and 1/6 the weight of a human brain.

If you really think a .556 round will stop a charging bear you're even dumber than I thought. .555 rounds barely stop humans. It was a huge problem in Somalia. People high in khat wouldn't be stopped even with multiple rounds to the chest. The .556 is notorious for poor stopping power. http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2004/08/the_last_big_lie_of_vietnam_ki.html

A clay bird moves along a nearly flat path at a near constant speed coming from a predictable direction, ALL of which you're waiting for and aiming at.

Which is the exact opposite of an aggressive bear encounter. You think youtube vids make you right but unniveristy backed peer reviewed scientific studies are "debunked" by you.
You just aren't smart enough to have this discussion with, I'm done.

Read about the Dunning–Kruger effect, it fits you perfectly.
>>
>>1045371
Its not dunning kruger if ive already done it, but you convienently ignore my posts in every thread saying it cant be done. See >>1044236, once again the picture and my real world experience. Stop being a faggot, your just spouting anti gun bs, i dont believe youve ever handled a weapon, you keep using the wrong terms, you dont know the difference between .556 inches and 5.56 cm, or what the cartridges curtail.
>>
>>1041758
>Another bear attack within 3 weeks
How many people died from complications due to poor eating habits and sedentary lifestyle in the last 3 weeks?

Better buy a gun and worry about black bears though.
>>
>>1045371
If you can hit a clay bird you can hit a bear. It doesn't matter how "unpredictable" a bear moves, it is still a large target. It isn't a ping pong ball moving stochastically at the speed of light.

>unniveristy backed peer reviewed scientific studies
"University backed"? I believe you mean, "conducted by academics", which is the source of most papers. The fact that you used so many qualifiers indicates a pathetically naïve faith in research.
>>
>>1045404
But your research is solid?

Dunning Kruger.
>>
>>1045407
RETARD. IVE KILLED A BEAR LIKE YOU SAY CANT HAPPEN. You are literally just shitposting.
>>1044236
>>1044236
>>1044236
>>
>>1045409
Yes I'm sure you have.
>>
>>1045410
You are literally just shitposting anti gun propaganda while spamming "Muh dunning kruger"
>>
>>1045409
You've posted that story in a few other threads, funny how it changes each time.

The fact that you're a self proclaimed hippie is all we need to know about your intelligence, or lack thereof.
>>
>>1045412
All Ive done is fix some typos, All youve done is spam liberal memes and attack the source of everything calling you out, instead of the facts that show you are wrong.
>>
File: 2010-01-16 18.51.11.jpg (363KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2010-01-16 18.51.11.jpg
363KB, 1600x1200px
>>1045411
Nothing antigun about being realistic, which you're not.

I have a safe full of ammo and guns, the difference between me and you, is I know how to use them, and their limitations.

.556 is my phone autocorrecting for some strange reason. I've got about 400 rounds of Remington 5.56 in my basement, I have a .223 Savage and an AR-15. Im smart enough to know neither will reliably stop an aggressive bear.
>>
>>1045413
But your youtube videos, which don't even show what you claim, aren't memes?

Go be a good vegan and try and keep yourself, you're ruining the board bad enough as is.
>>
>>1045422
see>>1045191, again.
>>1045419
sure no guns, anyone can buy ammo, but it would insult your liberal signposting sensibilities to actually hold a gun.
>>
cant you niggers learn to climb a tree
>>
File: 1351036745770.png (8KB, 430x373px) Image search: [Google]
1351036745770.png
8KB, 430x373px
>google search bear attacks since OP didn't source
>drift around the results a bit
>stumble across https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsCqmotxyME

I really shouldn't be looking at this shit five days before I go to Algonquin Park for the long weekend
>>
File: 2010-02-05 00.43.21.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
2010-02-05 00.43.21.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>1045424
Wrong again, lind of your specialty by now
>>
>>1041758

>firearm

Nah man. You could empty a 9mm into a bear and it would still have time to kill ypu before it died, IF it died. Anything bigger and you might not have time to draw, aim and fire it. And again, you're not guaranteed a kill. Just take bear spray. Much safer bet.
>>
>>1041927

You kbow where /pol/ is, right? You fucking cancer.
>>
>>1041969

Oh, like you?
>>
>>1045407
>But your research is solid?
I finished my PhD in September and have 18 publications already. Yes, my research is solid, in the general field of microbiology/molecular ecology and not bear behavior unfortunately.

>Dunning Kruger.
There is another person who says this constantly on /ck/, I wonder if it's you? It's like a little kid learning a new word and trying to force it into every sentence. Cute but annoying. Run along now.
>>
>>1045208
i could amend and say from the point in time from widespread use of bear spray hell of a lot more people were failed by their guns than their bear spray in case of defending themselves from a bear.
>>
>>1045403
Your a retard. There have been a noticeable increase in aggressive bear attacks recently. If you get anything out of this thread it should be if your going into bear country, espically if your solo you should consider some precautions.
>>
>>1045621
So you think the statistically negligent "increase" in bear attacks is something to be concerned about, and has all the highlights of an actual trend? And that it has to do with bear behavior? I hope you don't actually think these things.

I worked for many season as a surveyor in remote bush from NW Ontario to Northwest Territories. Everyone should be mindful of their environment, and this of course includes being alone in a forest. However, there is a difference between being smart and being paranoid. If reading about a recent bear attack or two alarms you, just stick to urban parks and don't put yourself or other animals in danger.
>>
https://www.adn.com/uncategorized/article/are-guns-more-effective-pepper-spray-alaska-bear-attack/2011/08/17/
seems pretty comprehensive can't really tldr it
>>
File: gggg.jpg (31KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
gggg.jpg
31KB, 1280x532px
>>1045453
>Basic bitch ar
>cheap scope
>quad rail with a notch cut out by bubba so the sights will fit
>Left the front sight on and got rid of the back sight.
>Never used, still oiled form the last chem you shot and cleaned it 6 months ago
>You can tell this because the oil is half dried.
>Gee billy you mom lets you have TWO flashlights??

Definitely not the authority on guns.
>>
>>1045682
>quad rail with a notch cut out by bubba so the sights will fit
oh boy...
>>
>>1042274
Stats should be required for high school graduation.
>>
>>1045631
It might be a trend or it might not, but with the increasing amount of people heading into bear country it makes sense that attacks are increasing. The thing that worries me is that people for one reason or another don't take black bears seriously, when in fact they make up the major percentage of predatory attacks on humans. I'm definitely not advocating being overly paranoid but I think people should prepare themselves for a potentially dangerous encounter.

t.fellow Ontario sc/out/
>>
>>1045603
So basically you're saying you're in no way qualified? I thought so.

And I'm sure you finished a PhD, you can barely fucking type.
>>
>>1045637
Cant wait for the PhD hippie to lose his fucking mind over this.
>>
>>1045682
It's a $300 Burris Ar-233, but I guess that's cheap.

I didn't want to remove the front has block with the front sight because I have a detachable flip up rear siight I also use.

The "notch" wasn't cut out my "bubba", it was purchased new from the factory that way.

Oil is half dried? Seriously?
>>
>>1045756
>>1045758
>>1045758
>>1045756
Im the guy who actually killed the bear, I havent posted other than to refer to my greentext, and of course my greentext. Stop being a shitposting faggot, you arent convincing anyone.
>>
>>1045759
Correction, Burris AR-332
>>
>>1045765
>>1045763
how many times are you gonna put the wrong name on your shitty ar?
>>
>>1045763
>Stop being a shitposting faggot, you arent convincing anyone

read that again, but slowly, and give a rationale how that doesn't apply to you?

Or just go ahead and lie, post some youtube vids, and claim victory despite no research other than taking way too many shots with 2 people to kill a small bear 26 years ago.

You're a little old for 4chan anyways hippie.
>>
>>1045766
Once? I bought the optics in like 2010, just had forgot what it was called.
>>
>>1045637
Very interesting read actually
>>
>>1045777
i particularly liked the part about how alaskans think they know bears but seem to be generally as misinformed if not more than any other part of the world.
>>
>>1045782
One of those typical "of course I'm an expert, I saw a bear a few times and once time I shot one and it died"
>>
>>1041758
If it's brown, get down.
If it's black fight back.
If it's yellow it's mellow.
If it's white it's alright.
>>
File: 1314711744378.jpg (555KB, 835x900px) Image search: [Google]
1314711744378.jpg
555KB, 835x900px
>>1041758
are tasers legal to carry in the states? I work with an ex-OPP officer that tasered a black bear that would not leave a homeowners garage no matter what they did, he said when it hit the bear spasmed and flopped on the ground like everyone does but the instant the charge turned off it was up and sprinting like a raped ape, faster than he'd ever seen one move...

could be a good option besides spray and guns...
>>
>>1045609
Well then you would be wrong as fuck then.
>>
>>1045895
In most of the states yes they are, at least under certain circumstances. I think they're wholly illegal to carry under any circumstances in CA and NJ, even while /out/ though.
>>
>>1045895
problem with tasers is the bears thick fur can easily touch the spikes and unless the bear stands up (in which case it's not attacking you) the target profile is not ideal unless really close.
>>
>>1046095
*easily stop
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (220KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
220KB, 1280x720px
>>1045682
>Definitely not the authority on guns
WEW LAD
>>
>>1045895
>trying to taser a bear
I suggest not.
>>
>>1046046
proofs? statistics publicly available support that claim a 100%
>>
>>1046313
Start listing examples of people who were able to deploy a firearm against a bear but were still injured or killed. Because I can't find a single one. All I can find are people who either had a gun and chose not to use it, or people who had a gun and couldn't get it in action in time (no shots fired).

Meanwhile I can provide about 30 separate sources for people who effectively deployed bear spray (discharged the bear spray) and were still either injured or killed by the bear. At least 11 of those the bear was hosed down multiple times in the face and eyes and did not stop.

NEITHER will do you any good if you don't get it out in time, and unsurprisingly bear spray has about the same draw time as a pistol since they're similar sizes carried in similar ways (at least by the non-retarded). NEITHER will do you any good if you don't hit the bear with it at all.
>>
>>1046317
You didn't search very hard at all

>>1045160
Man killed after shooting grizzly http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44563001/ns/us_news-environment/t/hunter-dies-trying-save-man-wounded-grizzly/

Man killed by grizzly, tried to defend with a gun and failed http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/rick-cross-missing-kananaskis-hunter-killed-in-bear-attack-1.2760221

Man killed by bear, found with spent shell casings around him indicating he tried to defend himself with his gun unsuccessfully http://articles.latimes.com/1999/may/27/news/mn-41666
>>
>>1046317
There have been less than 100 deaths by bears since 1970 in all of North America, and bear spray wasn't used until the 70s.

You're saying that 30% of all bear deaths in North America involved proper use of bear spray? Wrong, the majority of deaths involved people with nothing, followed closely by people carrying and using firearms. There's only been 3 or 4 deaths from a bear after it has been sprayed, ever.
>>
>>1046341
>http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44563001/ns/us_news-environment/t/hunter-dies-trying-save-man-wounded-grizzly/
Already-wounded bear lashing out as it dies in close quarters (after the hunters followed it into an area with extremely poor visibility, doing literally everything wrong), bear spray would have done fuck-all
>http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/rick-cross-missing-kananaskis-hunter-killed-in-bear-attack-1.2760221
No mention of him even trying to get his rifle in play. In fact, no evidence he even had his rifle with him with the "his rifle and pack were found some distance away" line.
>>
>>1046360
Yes, I'm saying that 30% of bear deaths since the introduction of bear spray have involved the proper use of bear spray. It's proven to be only about 60% effective at actually stopping a bear, vs. the >90% effectiveness of a gun.

Pepper spray wasn't even tested against bears until 1977 and wasn't commercially available until 1981. 11 people have been killed by bears that have been successfully sprayed with some form of commercial aerosol pepper spray since 1981, accounting for around 20% of all people killed by bears in that time period. Another 37 have been injured by bears after the bear has been sprayed by some form of commercial aerosol pepper spray. I can't find any information on whether the "some form of commercial pepper spray" is the original Halt! dog spray, commercial anti-people Mace or similar (2 of the people killed by bears after being sprayed were police officers responding to black bears in a residential area so it's likely), or a specifically-marketed "bear spray". Note that all of these incidents it's either confirmed or considered highly likely the bear was actually hit with the spray, and not some tourist wildly dumping the contents of the can somewhere and never hitting the bear. Those are different stats.

I never argued against the vast majority of bear deaths the people had no defensive measures at all.
>>
>>1046371
Guns have a lower than 80% effective rate. No studies have show higher than 84%, which is the same effective rate found of people having nothing at all (no gun or spray) the difference though found that people with a gun were 50% more likely to be injured.

A similar study found a 98% effective rate for bear spray with no deaths reported from 1988-2006 after bear spray was used.

I'd like yo see your sources. None of the information youve said is anything close to what I've read.
>>
>>1046377
>A similar study found a 98% effective rate for bear spray

>>1044296
>>
>>1046371
>i really suck at math
the post
>>
File: rekt2.jpg (263KB, 813x991px) Image search: [Google]
rekt2.jpg
263KB, 813x991px
This just happened:

"With all the things that had been going on, I made sure I had my bear bell on and bear spray with me," said Ippoliti, who lives in Eagle River.
>>
>>1046378
wait you nigger think guns are only used when warranted?
dumb fucks shoot in the air or at bears when it's utterly unnecessary and when the bear fuggs of it's in the statistics also.
>>
>>1047212
The Forest Service has to report bear spray discharges, a vast majority of the uses where I live. Some guy in the woods who shoots a warning shot, like I have done, doesn't get reported.
>>
>>1047221
>INB4 some liberal claims every time someone shoots in the woods they self report and the person they report to actually logs it, and that actually gets put on the record
>>
>>1047227
yeah i bet everyone who sprays something or someone reports it right away.
>>
>>1047234
see>>1047221
They are required by the job requirements, in fact.
>>
MFW I live in Cuckfornia and cannot have a firearm or bear spray on the JMT.
>>
>>1047238
Its your life or a fine. Make good choices.
>>
>>1047238
What about those loud canned air horns? At least it's something.
>>
>>1047300
Half the thread is about how bear spray isnt desirable because its a non lethal option that relies on Pain Compliance, which varies from person to person and as evidenced by the string of bear attacks where they just ignored bear spray, it also varies bear to bear. So you wanna choose an air horn that is neither, and could just be construed as a challenge?

SO yeah go for it, its your life.
>>
>>1047334
He said he was from California and can't have guns or spray.
>>
>>1047334
I know I was making a dig at him for living in such a shitty state for personal safety.
>>
>>1047345
meant for >>1047341
>>
>>1047334
>and as evidenced by the string of bear attacks where they just ignored bear spray, it also varies bear to bear
there is no hard evidence any bear ignoring bear spray that was actually applied to it. there is ample video evidence that even the most angry bear will be blinded and miserable from the spray that gets in it's face.
>>
>>1047532
watch number 3 for example, bear ignoring trainer hugging it's face and beatings from sticks pretty intent on killing a dude still fuggs off from bear spray.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBM8Ii-LKa8
>>
>“Ellen was able to spray the bear twice,” Murphy said, “but the bear came back….We’re trying to understand this.”

yeah you sprayed a bear twice it went away twice and you waited for it to come back twice... i struggle to understand this also.
>>
after some research i found something disturbing about the bear sprays ultimate effectiveness as self defense against predatory bears. while it will work great if deployed properly in most cases, you need a safe retreat also.

turns out it's normal behavior for bears that want to eat you that keep on trying if they fail again and again. large male black bears trying to prey on you are especially prone to this behavior of testing. they recover from being sprayed surprisingly fast and come again.

if you run out of spray you run out of luck.

it's not that spray is not effective in stopping a bear attacking you more like it will not eliminate the threat in a final way.

so maybe spray a bear once and shoot the fucker with a calm heart if he comes back for a second round because he wanted to snack on your ass you can be sure of that.

also never go alone, you have more options and more chance of dissuading any predator if not alone.
>>
>>1047545
This is actually well thought out. A prime documented case is the couple killed backcountry camping by a black bear. The bear was sprayed, left and then came back to attack again killing the couple. So if you need to use spray get the fuck out of dodge and try not to be solo.
>>
>>1047560
a wildlife biologist who survived because he bluffed his way to his car described this sort of behavior in great detail. he wouldn't have made it without his bear spray, but he knew it alone will not save his life he has to get to safety.

if i didn't had a gun, and a bear got in my face like that first thing i would make is a spear with some strong shaft and my knife. then the bear can come i will play.
>>
>>1047545
What about spraying the bear and then beating the holiest shit out of it with a stick while screaming at it? I think it would send a good message.
>>
>>1041885
>16 year old
>adult male
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kejX4gBGmk
Is that black or brown bear?
By the face I would say it's black bear.
>>
File: teach-bear-lessons.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
teach-bear-lessons.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>1047987
yeah could work if you can catch it but them fuckers are fast.
this guy grabbed a bear twice his weight by the scruff and beat it up harshly. he was fined for animal cruelty or something.
>>
>>1041951

No he didn't, watch his newest interview. He specifically says he purposely did NOT use those techniques because they expose way to many vital arteries/flesh and a bear can flip an elk so he can clearly flip you even if you are laying flat.

Here is the interview:

https://youtu.be/SOQAhKrOOww
>>
>>1048029
That interview directly contradicts what he has said himself in several other interviews for other news organisations. I wouldnt put too much faith in his "retelling" of the story as every time he changes it the bear was closer and closer, and the first attack becomes shorter and shorter and the second attack becomes longer and longer, and even the actual events change when it first happened he said he was able to bear spray twice, not just once, and he himself is quoted as saying it didnt do anything and sometimes it just dosent work, but now the story has changed to "It definitely did something, but i couldnt use it a second time."
http://time.com/4550059/bear-attack-montana-todd-orr/
https://www.outsideonline.com/2124656/what-todd-orrs-mauling-teaches-us-about-bear-attacks
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/grizzly-bear-attack-todd-orr-montana-twice-bloody-facebook-video/

I wouldnt put too much faith in him story, based on how often its changed with time.
>>
>>1048029
>>1048044
also in earlier interviews he said by the second attack he had lost the pistol completely, and walked out without it.
>>
>>1048044
i once flipped a car on the highway and we reversed with over 100mph for a good while the guy sitting next to me remembered to the events completely differently as i did. funniest thing i still to this day can't find where it happened i remember how the place looked like and i traveled on the same highway a dozen times, but can't find it. memories are tricky things when you are about to die.
>>
>>1048026
It's at zoo.
You're being sarcastic now, right?
>>
>>1048054
agreed, im just saying take whatever he says with a grain of salt, considering hes changed the story pretty dramatically.
>>
>>1048062
bear is a bear, it was at a zoo yes guy went in to pet bear, obvious dumb idea bear bit the dude to which the fucker grabbed the bear and beat it.
>>
>>1048067
From news (It's from Poland) I read that guy was lucky because he meet the friendliest/calmest bear in the exhibit.

And I actually wouldn't try attacking a bear that goes defensive than aggressive.
Defensive expects a threat, so will be ready for fight.
Aggressive expects a meal, so it's easier to shock them.
>>
>>1048073
it's not that clear cut. an inexperienced bear is easy to scare away. it will rather turn to flight than to fight especially with something weird. a bear that has killed over a hundred times and tussled with other bears enough to understand it's own might will not be easily miffed.
>>
>>1048078
I would put young bears in aggressive zone, they're sort of unpredictable, but still easy to scare away.
Aggressive old bear won't buy your dead-playing bullshit, too.
>>
>>1048087
the way you can tell how dangerous a bear is mostly the size of it. if it's a large specimen for it's kind expect it to be dominant it is definitely a winner of fights fights that would wreck a tiny human in seconds. it has lost battles too and hunted before and it knows how to judge the strength of other animals. that's dangerous.

young and small ones are generally easy to deal with.

exceptions are mother with cub and a bear that was way bigger but starving out of an injury. those are very dangerous also.
>>
>>1048090
Well, yeah. My rule of thumb would be to not throw rocks at something bigger than you if it isn't aggressive.
And to not fuck with mommas and papas, no matter the species.
>>
>>1048101
fun fact is hunter do hell of a job to weed out the problem bears. large male bears are a prize and they tend to be careless with a no fucks given attitude as they have no natural predators. these bears are the most likely to prey on humans but they are also the most likely to shot by hunters partly because of their behavior partly because of the prestigious trophy they represent.
>>
>>1048104
Too bad liberals cry when we have a bear hunt for the first time in 30 years because of increasing bear populations and bears encroaching on tourists, so we only have one year of bear hunting that is highly restricted and then at minimum a 2 year ban on more bear hunts, maybe longer.

T. Floridian.
>>
>>1048108
hunting also instills a sense of fear from humans into the bear population that helps a lot. if momma is skitterish of humans the cubs will pick it up and it sticks with them for life.

just don't go overboard in my country bears were hunted to extinction. they can't form a stable population because once one wanders in some retards shoot it withing 5 minutes even tho they are extremely protected.
>>
>>1048109
>just don't go overboard in my country bears were hunted to extinction.
Hey, at least you don't have to worry about one of them eating your face at night.
>>
>>1044236
Alright grandpa time to take your meds
>>
>>1048126
there is nothing exciting in the woods without bears and wolves. it's just trees and big antlered rats.
>>
>>1048132
I don't know where you live, as for me boars, foxes and humans are enough.
Oh, yeah, and ticks. Those fucking ticks.
>>
>>1048017
Try mid 40's native dude, bud
>>
>>1048155
ticks are disgusting not exciting
i often see foxes but all the rest only from a car
when i'm on foot wildlife never shows it's face except for foxes and eagles they don't give a fuck

one time up in the mountain for the night camping roasting some bacon whatever, i stupidly burned my hand with a sneaky faggot and decided to leave early not in the mood anymore. so i haven't seen anything up in the woods not even heard an animal moving. go back to the car, drive down the serpentine, see all kinds of crazy shit, then once in the town a hundred deer all around the road in the middle of the town. i'm like wtf are you doing here? they look back saying the exact same thing with their stupid face. there was one like a meter away from the car.
>>
>>1048357
>ticks are disgusting not exciting
I know, they're pretty high on my shit list, barely below anything that could eat my face.

And yeah, wild life maybe really seems to be more active when people are sitting in their cars. At one evening some boars just jumped in front of my brothers car when he was driving with his daughter, fucked up the front pretty well and none of the bastards died.
>>
>Two brown bear attacks have been reported in two different locations in Alaska on Saturday, June 24, 2017.
>>
>Marsh said the bear knocked the cyclist down and "roughed him up." Few details have been publicly released on exact injuries at this time, but Marsh said the cyclist went to the hospital.

>The other cyclist had bear spray on hand and began to spray the Sow, which lead to the bear running away, according to Marsh.
>>
>>1048397
>>1048416
salsas?
>>
>>1048421
http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/2-Brown-Bear-attacks-reported-within-24-hours-430730523.html
>>
Use bear spray if it charges you, shoot with gun if it doesn't fuck off. Why is everyone so fixated on one or the other?

Bear spray is faster and easier to deploy unless you are a Jerry Miculek tier killing machine. However a gun (ideally a large caliber rifle) allows you to put the threat down for good.
>>
>>1048972
>Bear spray is faster and easier to deploy
Pull bear spray out of holster, remove safety clip, fire.
Pull out gun from holster, fire.
>>
>>1048982
I always hike with my shotgun in a one point sling in front of my chest when im in bear country. No drawing or fumbling required.
>>
>>1048972
Yeah lemme just tell this charging bear to wait so that I can drop my spray and draw my gun.
>>
>>1048982
Aiming ya dingus. Harder to line up a shot that will stop it at a charging bear unless you have training and discipline that the vast majority of people do not come close to having.
>>
>>1048985
Are you retarded? Spraying will at least cause it to hesitate, giving you the time to actually aim that you wouldn't have if it charged you.
>>
>>1048987
If it hesitates you dont have to shoot it, which is the point of bear spray. If it dosent you dont have time to shoot it, which has happened and is the point of the people arguing for guns. Your argument is the worst of both.
>>
>>1048988
You haven't been paying attention in the thread. A predatory bear will test and probe, if you spray it it will try again shortly after.

I agree with the hippies that the data does show spray is more effective. But the few times it isn't is when the bear is determined enough to kill you that the spray only slows it down until you run out.
>>
File: wind.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
wind.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>1048986
and bear spray works in all conditions....
>>
"Oh, its windy, good thing I have the option of using my gun instead of bear spray, because I brought both and am not a window licking retard like >>1048991".
>>
>>1048993
>because I brought both
I doubt you have either. Nobody would ever say a can of spray can be deployed faster than a pistol.
>>
>>1048996
Anybody who's ever shot should know that lining up a killing shot at a charging bear from 20 feet away is far harder than just spraying at it.

You cannot shoot a grizzly wherever and just expect to do anything other than piss it off. You need to penetrate the brain or it will maul you before it dies (if it dies at all)

If you are a pistol champion or something, you can disregard this because it does not apply to you. It applies to just about everyone else no matter how overconfident they are in their shooting.
>>
>>1048998
>You need to penetrate the brain
Thank you for clarifying that you are ignorant about the subject.
>>
>>1049009
Thank you for clarifying absolutely fuck all. You think you can shoot them wherever and kill them fast enough for it to help you?

Brain, (or spine, etc) can kill it instantly. Heart is too hard a target to be worth considering. Anything that doesn't kill it immediately is almost pointless as far as you're concerned.

But please, go on telling me you can aim and fire a killing shot on a charging animal faster than you can spray a cloud in its general direction. Fuck sakes, you can even spray from the holster without drawing.
>>
>>1045215
>About the size and roughly the shape of a rugby ball

>adult human 1,300 - 1,400g
>grizzly bear 234g

I don't think you realise how large a rugby ball is. Can you please show your working and sources?
>>
>>1046317
Could you please post some of these for the interested parties?
>>
I'm going to be hiking in Banff in a few weeks. I'm from the UK, currently in the US. so I can't/don't own a gun. Looks like my only choice is going to be bear spray. It's better than nothing, but I would feel better having a gun as well. Any options for me?
>>
>>1049028
No (legal) guns for so many reasons:
>Not allowed in Canadian National Parks without special permit which you wont get
>Not allowed to own in Canada unless you have a license (PAL or RPAL) which you probably wouldn't get in a reasonable amount of time, and I think you need to at least be a resident to apply for.

Bear spray is a good option anyways, theres really nothing other than spray or a gun that will make any difference if a bear attacks. Most effective defense is to not encounter a bear, or be attacked in the first place.
>>
"Armed 11-year-old boy saves uncle from charging bear"

“There was four of them in a line … my son was third,” Clark said. “The bear came down the trail at them, fella in the front, who was his uncle, the bear was on him so quickly that he didn’t have time to take his rifle off his shoulder.”
The bear ran through the first two men, who were pushed to the side of the trail, leaving Elliot Clark in front of his unarmed cousin. The boy raised his pump action shotgun and shot the sow, hitting it with birdshot, which is often used just to scare bears off, Lucas Clark said.
“His first shot was a light load of birdshot. That first shot hit him in the shoulder and did absolutely nothing. The next shot hit him in the nose and traveled down through the neck,” Lucas Clark said.
The third shot went into the bear’s shoulder and his back, dropping it to the ground. The bear was so close when Elliot hit it with his third shot, there were powder burns on the bear’s mouth. Still alive, the bear then slid by Elliot’s feet.
“As the bear slid past him and came to a stop, he put a kill shot it him,” Lucas Clark said.
Stoltzfus finished it off with another round.

https://archive.is/QhBIf
>>
File: TheWhiteWizardVäinämöinen.jpg (11KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
TheWhiteWizardVäinämöinen.jpg
11KB, 256x197px
>>1041765
gtfo bidf
>>
>>1049394
i read
"Armed 11-year-old boy saves bear from molesting uncle"
>>
>>1049394
>Birdshot
I don't believe it
>>
>>1050049
The first shot was birdshot the rest was slugs and thats a news article retard.
>>
>>1045575
>redditspacing
I wonder why you're so triggered anon?
>>
File: bears.jpg (43KB, 620x360px) Image search: [Google]
bears.jpg
43KB, 620x360px
More bear attacks in my town on people without firearms...
>>
>>1044236
>this pasta again
>>
>>1050647
Its not pasta its my actual experience, sorry it dosent fit in with your world view.
>>
>>1044386

You're a pussy and a faggot.
>>
>>1049035

Get your pal ahead of time moron, what a stupid excuse for not having a firearm.

And I say that from the "bears aren't going to kill you, dont be a pussy" camp.
>>
>>1050705
Makes it even worse

>Might be a dangerous bear in the area.
>Better go kill random bears
>Find bear and get bluff charged
>Get scared and start shooting wildly
>Get lucky shot, I'm a hero now XD
>Leave illegally pouched bear to rot.

Canada land of faggots.
>>
>>1051147
to be honest i don't think bears are a big threat unless you get stupid. it's extremely rare to have issues with them. but i would carry all weapons legal and available not just one. a big knife a bear spray a fucking tomahawk a big ass revolver and a rifle couple of grenades and a suicide vest.
>>
File: 20160326_193216.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160326_193216.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>1041758
A large caliber handgun should allways be carried with you when you are in bear country. It should infact also be carried as a standard part of your everyday kit.
>>
>>1041758
>consider carrying a firearm
This has been proven to be innefective and only pisses off the bear. Best way to not get attacked by a bear is preventative measures. If thats not possible, drop your pack and back off. It will be more interested in it than you. If it still comes after you, bear spray will incapacitate it enough to make your get away.

Knives and guns are wholly ineffective for bear attacks and only serves to enrage the beast.
>>
>>1051942
>The best way to get raped and killed in a home invasion is to lock your doors, but if it happens anyways, the best thing to do is just let them have your stuff. If they still want to rape your wife and daughters and kill you calling the police will make them hesitate enough to flee.
>Knives and guns are wholly ineffective for home invasions and only serves to enrage the black.

This is what you sound like you dipshit, an 11 year old just saved his entire family with a shotgun downloaded to only have 3 rounds after a bear charged 4 people.
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/07/02/heroic-alaska-boy-11-saves-family-from-attacking-bear-and-the-details-are-incredible/
>>
>>1041765
for real

you got non whites to worry about before any wildlife
>>
>>1051968
since he posted that there has been 4 more attacks I think 2 of them fatal??, and they are all covered in this thread.
>>
>>1051942
>Knives and guns are wholly ineffective for bear attacks and only serves to enrage the beast.
it entirely depends on how good you are. and most people arguing for guns are actually crap with them and utterly untested. the irony right?

to avert an immediate attack bear spray works better statistically than anything else including guns. to dissuade a predatory bear in a final way bear spray has proven to be ineffective a lot of times. bear may come back until you run out off spray or it gets lucky.

so fucking retarded to carry only one of them carry both!
>>
>>1051942
t. Mr. Bear
>>
File: IMG_5324.png (2MB, 768x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5324.png
2MB, 768x431px
I wonder how many deaths are cause by Lynx. I saw one the other day and it was pretty big.
>>
>>1052125
allergy to lynx hair may be lethal.
other than that unless you are a squirrel you are safe.
>>
>>1052179
>t. someone who has never seen an Alaskan Lynx
>>
>>1051949
>>1052099
>>1052104
I live in BC in the country. Literal bear country. I've encountered Grizzlies, black and brown bears on numerous ocassions. They often come right up to the front doorstep of my house.

Never owned a gun, never had to pull a knife on one.

stay mad neckbeards.
>>
>>1052245
>I live in BC in the country. Literal bear country
So that makes you an expert?
>>
>>1052245
I live in BC, literal bear country and I say you need guns. Im >>1044236, so you can go fuck yourself you liberal hippie piece of shit, I lived that life, and then i had to grow up.

If nothing else my opinion cancels your stupid opinion.
>>
>>1052335
I see them once or twice a week. You see them on your computer screen under a blanket, hugging a dragon dildo.

>>1052343
I voted liberal party in the last BC election. Im totally left wing bro. That has total BEARing on animals outdoors. Stay mad, cletus.
>>
>>1052347
Faggots like you are the reason out prime minister "Justine" trudeau is a joke and we spend more money subsidizing refugees with welfare so they dont have to work and can just rape our women, or pushing them into positions they arent qualified for like firefighter only to have them strike when they have to do literally anything. Towns burned to the ground last year cause of people like you.
>>
File: DSCN1723.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1723.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1052347
>You see them on your computer screen under a blanket
I wanted to wait and tell you I live in Southeast Alaska so I could mock you.
>>
>>1052352
I didn't vote JT, and I dont like muzzies either. My family are all liberals and they hear it from me all the time. So far you are 0/4. Not very good at guess who, are you?

Great job LARPing with your friend and his illegal firearm and killing that errant bear though. If what you say is true, then it is justified.
>>
>>1052355
In '91 it was grandfathered in since kalashnikovs got banned in '85.
>>
File: Leshiy.jpg (246KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Leshiy.jpg
246KB, 900x600px
>>1052358
Idk much about guns but have been doing minor research. I want to pick up a Leshiy bush rifle for small game as a beginner rifle. So expensive though.
>>
>>1052362
Yeah well if 1k+ for a .22 air gun seems like a good idea for you you have bigger problems than who you vote for.
>>
File: bear1.webm (3MB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
bear1.webm
3MB, 740x416px
>>1052353
>I wanted to wait and tell you I live in Southeast Alaska
Funny how I just saw one in my backyard. Your move BC.
>>1052343
>>
>>1052218
we had housecats bigger don't be a pussy!
>>
>>1052245
>>1052343
this just shows how the bear gun argument is the same as the cut/uncut. it will go on forever neither side budging.
>>
>>1052485
you almost got mauled there you should have shot it with a .50 bmg to be sure!!
>>
File: DSCF0326.jpg (632KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0326.jpg
632KB, 1600x1200px
>>1052522
I have a Ruger Alaskan in .454 casull
>>
>>1052530
that thing makes a neat little hole in the bear a .50 bmg turns the bear inside out.
>>
We should start a new thread. This one has bump limited.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.