[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on living off the grid and keeping the government away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Advice on living off the grid and keeping the government away from your business.

So I have lived in poverty for most of my life until recently. I recently got a decent job and managed to save 30k in 3 years, but I hate this work.

My plan is to buy 20-30 acre in the middle of nowhere Midwest with a well and a used RV trailer with a solar powered generator and some propane.

So anyone know how best to
>Avoid DNR / small game hunting
>Avoid property tax surveys
>Living year round without labeled as "primary resident" for tax purposes.
>Putting in a septic tank / water tower / ect without permits (i.e. avoiding penalties).
>>
>>1040558
>So anyone know how best to
Do it right or don't do it at all. In other words, don't attempt to do any of the things you greentexted. Get everything permitted up properly and pay your fucking property taxes, so Uncle Sam doesn't come and rip it all out from under you. Life's got enough tripping stones as is without you adding more by cutting corners.

t. nowhere, Midwest
>>
>>1040581

The thing is, I have worked in construction (unlicensed) since I was 13 years old. I can easily build something like a septic tank, but good luck getting the plans through without a license. Oh, try getting a license for someplace like Beltram County. It is a bunch of good old boys who prevent anyone they don't want from getting a contractors license. So you either pay them 15K to do it, or you do it illegally yourself for 300 bucks.
>>
>>1040595
>but good luck getting the plans through without a license
How incompetent are you? It's 5 minutes at the county courthouse.
>>
>>1040599

>A design for new/repair system should be submitted to our office by a licensed Septic Designer.

Licensed
>>
>>1040558
My snippet of advice would be to do what I have done. Look for a property that already has a residence built on it, but is still out in the middle of nowhere.

Even if the residence is falling down, it is easier to get licenses to work on an existing residence as a owner builder than it is to try to license yourself to build from scratch. (At least here in Australia).

The building on out property is basically just some cinderblock walls and a tin roof. But we can get a simple owner builder license and 'renovate' the building, which will probably involve taking it down to the foundation just about.
>>
>>1040614

That would be ideal, it is pretty much the same situation in the US. It is just that there is pretty much a monopoly on doing certain things that make it insanely expensive. Like building a shed is no problem. Putting a single light bulb in the she, huge deal.

Which in turns, causes any land, with even the most dilapidated non functional shacks from 1920 to be 2x as expensive at least.

Often times it is better to just do it yourself, then claim you have no idea how it got there and take a fine.
>>
>>1040602
Midwest here. We have no requirement for any work or design submissions to be done by anything licensed. The only thing that has to be done that's even close to licensed is once a new build is completed it has to be inspected by the county code inspector (who does it for like $115 regardless of size, and basically just does a quick walk-around).
>>
>>1040558
When you buy your land and get your deed see a lawyer about having the deed converted to a Land Patent. You'll thank me later.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.