[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Countries with great /out/ potential but with little expression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 14

File: 361663588_b68a5864cd.jpg (125KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
361663588_b68a5864cd.jpg
125KB, 500x334px
Why don't we see here lads from South Africa, Brazil, Russia, Argentina, Thailand etc often despite they being big and populous countries with excellent /out/?
We're mostly Anglosphere and European shitposters.

Do you guys from other countries just lurk and don't /out/ yourselves or they don't even wander around here at all?
>>
>>1039090
>they being
*them
>>
>>1039090
Russia has a huge /out/ culture, 4chin just isn't the Russian platform of choice for it, I think the same can be said about the other countries on your list. Apart from maybe Brazil and Thailand, they're both just incredible shitholes filled with human dirt and trannies and those are not the kind of people to be /out/ists.
>>
Maybe because they don't speak English you fucking retard!!
>>
>>1039102
There plenty of them on other boards ya cunt.
Also
>implying that every European country speaks English
>>
>>1039111
Just because there are people from those places on other boards those countries doesn't mean they're the same people that go out in those places.
>>
>>1039102

>you FUCKING RETARD@!!!!1!!
>>
South Africa- Most blacks can't afford a computer, whites don't associate with us.
Russia-Very few /out/ russians have english skills or a computer
Argentina-idk
Brazil-I wouldn't go outside there without an expensive tour guide.
>>
I can assure you there are people from other countries. It's just that discussions are always about this state or that state.
>>
Tried to start an /out/ general on /trv/ thinking that all the REAL TRAVELLERS there would have some stories/advice for people wanting to explore other countries. It died without any replies - on the slowest board as well
>>
File: Drakensberg_1.jpg (79KB, 960x632px) Image search: [Google]
Drakensberg_1.jpg
79KB, 960x632px
>>1039090
The site doesn't have a lot of South Africans to begin with, but there is a huge /out/doors culture here.

>>1039102
We do though, which makes us the ideal place to visit on the African continent for the rest of the Anglosphere.
>>
Russian here, we have our own out on 2ch and besides that half of the threads here is about fancy gear not available in russia.

typical russian outing for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsoXvizp768
>>
>>1041599
Yeah a lot of posting is gearwanking from middleclass yanks.
>>
File: 1480357256972.png (228KB, 1192x830px) Image search: [Google]
1480357256972.png
228KB, 1192x830px
>>1041599
That looks fun i wish i could join u...
>>
>>1039102
>SouthAfrika doesn't speak English.
>>
I think most Russians on here are commieblock weebs who have no money to get out. I'm not sure rural Russia has had much Internet so that will keep them off here.
>>
>>1041879
>I'm not sure rural Russia has had much Internet
Everyone has a smartphone, which can has 3G or 4G internet.

>No money for the /out/s
It's Russia. Nobody ever buys anything.(Unless from Aliexpress)
Every home has an axe, knife, blankets, and mugs.
What more do you need to go out?
>>
>>1041887
>3G or 4G internet.

What percentage of the population does that actually cover?
>>
>>1041899
Or more importantly what percentage of the rural population?
>>
>>1041899
If you have a smartphone, you get some form of mobile internet.

>>1041904
Anywhere a cell phone gets reception. So most towns.
>>
True is that 3g/4g network in russia surpass usa in coverage,quality and pricing.
>>
I'm from SA. Camping and /out/ things are pretty everyday here it's the perfect country for it. Lots of wildlife, moderate temps etc. I like most kids here could hunt, fish, set up my oen tent etc. by the time I was 6. But yeah as another anon said not a lot of SA guys on 4chan.
>>
>>1041915
>so most towns
So around 0.01% of the landmass of Russia? Got it.
>>1042132
lolno.
>>
>>1042642
lolyes
On 4g I usually have around 15 Mbps and 10Gb per month for 3,3$ with 600 minutes talk time included
>>
>>1042639
>But yeah as another anon said not a lot of SA guys on 4chan.
Any idea what that is?
>>
>>1042639
>>1041572
Are you an Afrikaner? Did things settle down, I saw a lot of crying over a possible civil war a couple months ago.
>>
>>1041854
I think you meant seth efrica?
>>
File: chapada diamantina1.jpg (332KB, 1366x400px) Image search: [Google]
chapada diamantina1.jpg
332KB, 1366x400px
BR here

Half the big parks near big cities are dangerous. I live in Rio and the Tijuga Forest park would be the sickest fucking /out/ location to visit except if you go in there without a group you're probably gonna get mugged.

And in other places, pretty much everywhere is restricted, you can't just go wherever in a park and many places REQUIRE guides. No such thing as camping wherever you want either, there may be some particular areas and that's it. And most of them aren't even in the parks.

National forests are ltierally only open for visitation but you can't camp or interact with them, they exist solely for visitation and scientific research.

I'm going to be honest, I am incredibly jealous of the /out/ culture in the US and other places. You can go anywhere anytime in your national forests and camp or get yourself some wood or whatever as long as you're not a dumbass camping near a river, and it's easy to find some peace.

I'm gonna see if I can go out to a couple nearby states and visit state parks, but I'm afraid I'll never really leave a public crowded trail.

At least I'll get some nice views anyway, though. Brazil does have some great sights even if I can't go all the way exploration, pic related.
>>
>>1043316
I didn't know that Braziuuu had so many restrictions in regards of /out/, you guys must have got the love for legislating everything from us Portuguese. Same shit happens here.
Anyway at least you still have sick beaches, also it can't be that hard to go into the forest without get caught, your places are huge and I doubt there are park rangers everywhere.
Stay sharp Thiago.
>>
>>1041887
>Every home has an axe, knife, blankets, and mugs.
>What more do you need to go out?

This is what I thought too as that's all I ever needed when I was a kid and went camping with my dad. Now that I've found /out/ I realize that my axes and knives are shit, my blankets aren't made from the right fabric, and my mugs are too heavy since they're not made of titanium. I don't know how we even went camping with that old gear, we were doing literally everything wrong.
>>
>>1043320

Damn it dad, why couldn't you let me be a rockstar like I wanted?

Anyway I thought about just going and and sneaking, but it's kind of a risky thing. I'm kind of a bitch so breaking the law unnerves me.

Also, consider that if there aren't park rangers or law enforcement, there's bound to be other people that are happy that law enforcement isn't there and I'd be willing to bet the reason they're happy isn't that they get to camp
>>
>>1043331
>Fucking tugas ruining it for everyone
Sorry mate, we can't even take care of ourselves properly, so no one expects others to do it.

But yeah I get what you're saying, it's fucked up having to worry with law enforcement and criminals at same time. It's always the law abiding, good people who get fucked by laws that were put in place because of criminals and other retards. But life's still good despite all the shit, plus there's always sun, beaches and bundas. :D
>>
>>1041599

bolshoy spasibo. menya interessuyet.
>>
>>1039090
Romania for sure, mountain+sea
>>
>>1039090
Where I live there used to be a huge /out/ culture, but mostly reserved for middle/upper class families. I used to go /out/ a lot when I was a kid, but thanks to my country turning into a shithole, it's been years since I've done something remotely /out/.

I don't lurk around in here much because I have nothing to contribute to these threads. As I said before, it's been years since I've done some /out/ myself. However, is good to hear advice and stories from people who are into it, I'll remember them when I can go out again, which I hope is soon.

[spoiler]t. Venezuelan[/spoiler]
>>
>>1043331
>>1043320
>>1043316
>>1043412
This also stands true for other South American countries. Here in Venezuela we have beautiful landscapes as well, but you can't just stroll in and set a camp like in the US or Europe. That's because most of our national parks are strictly regulated, meaning that all /out/ activities have to be made via travel or adventure agencies. Most of them are expensive, too, so it's not like you can do it more than once or twice a year (if you're middle class), and that's without counting all the necessary gear you'd need to buy to keep comfortable.

The crime rate and violence make /out/ activities also pretty risky, and going to the woods by yourself is basically inviting being robbed or killed. And unlike Americans, we can't just buy a gun to keep ourselves safe, because that's regulated too (at least where I live, don't know about other Latino countries and their gun laws). Unless you'd want to risk to own a gun illegally, something I'd personally wouldn't want to do.

So basically, you're restricted to the outdoor activities that adventure agencies offer. This doesn't mean they are unpopular, in fact I know a lot of people who enjoy going /out/ in my area, but it's just not as accesible as in the USA or Europe, and there's a lot more restrictions involved.

Hope that helped, OP.
>>
>>1046863
And one last note:

Outdoor brands like REI, MSR, Patagonia, Kelty, Mountain Hardwear, etc, don't have factories in South America, so most of the gear you find in stores is imported, which means they're far from cheap. That turns off a lot of people from doing camping or hiking. Also, if the product in question comes with a factory defect, or you just don't like it, you can't return it or send it to the company for repairs because of the cost of international shipping. If you had the bad luck of getting a tent with a factory defect, you're sadly stuck with that tent, unless the store where you bought it can do something about it (don't expect them to, though).

You can still buy from certain brands that ship internationally, but it's triple the cost for cheap gear that is imported, because of the international shipping.
>>
>>1046840
I'd love to hike in Romania but I've read it has the highest crime against campers rate in the world.
>>
>>1046915
I've camped there, never any crimes honestly, unless they are referring to people camping on the streets of cities, where gypsies are, I cannot see that statistic as being legit. Camping areas that aren't set up are far from cities and they're really fun to go to, no gypsies there and no crime that I've ever witnessed
>>
>>1046952
Yeah, I should've figured it was some kind of irrational bourgeois fear. Did you do a trail there?
>>
File: 1434156693868.gif (128KB, 237x280px) Image search: [Google]
1434156693868.gif
128KB, 237x280px
>>1047032
>bourgeois
>>
>>1047035
Wtf does that gif even mean?
>>
>>1047037
rage at the fact that you're a commie.
>>
>>1047038
Are you murican or something? I just dislike pretentious pasty douchebags that think every Eastern yuro country is a shithole filled with incest and criminals.
>>
File: IMG_6094 resize.jpg (206KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6094 resize.jpg
206KB, 666x1000px
>>1041547
I missed it then. Maybe because I was /out/.

But from experience, some highly recommended places that /out/ doesn't know much about are
>Russia, huge /out/ culuture
>Romania, one of the most /out/ minded countries on the planet
>Georgia and the Caucasus in general, not that /out/ minded but lots of amazing and remote areas within reach
>Ghana might also lend itself some /out/ stuff

Plenty more I don't know about myself, but those were the ones that struck me as worthwhile.
>>
>>1047042
> every Eastern yuro country is a shithole filled with incest and criminals.

But that's right anon.
>>
>>1039090
Out/ists from those countries dont waste their time in a site like this, they are actually living their boring lives without memes and autism.

Also in my country, Chile the woods are boring as fuck, they are beautiful with alot of different landscapes between very short distances but thats all, we dont have bears or some cool animals, rednecks, niggers , weapons are rare, everyone here just go /out/ for a new facebook profile picture and thats all
>>
>>1047088
>Patagonia
>Boring
Get the fuck /out/ of here, Vidal.
>>
>>1047069
No, it really isn't. This isn't the 90's anymore, even Romania has a lower homicide rate than America now. There's a lot of pickpocketing gypsies in crowded areas like the other anon said but apart from that it scores better on crime than the USA on almost every aspect.
>>
>>1047119
>t. Roma
>>
>>1047130
Nope, Western-European actually.
>>
>>1047069
Having visited six different former USSR states on seven different trips in the past three years, I can say that I haven't witnessed a single instance of crime or corruption.

However, I have no incest data.
>>
File: Карпаты1.jpg (694KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Карпаты1.jpg
694KB, 1920x1080px
Hello from Ukraine. You think all we do is eating salo and drinking vodka in Chernobyl? Get lost!
Welcome to Carpathian Mountains, anons. A marvelous treasure of Western Ukraine.
>>
>>1049223
Shouldn't you be fighting in the war, Yuri? Anyway nice place there, anon.
>>
>>1049257
Yeah we have some conflict with Russia now. Nevertheless Ukrainians still stay kind and proud nation.
>>
>>1049482
Is that image Ukraine? Looking sharp.
>>
File: foto_gor_karpat.jpg (367KB, 1600x1051px) Image search: [Google]
foto_gor_karpat.jpg
367KB, 1600x1051px
>>1049496
Indeed. Carpatians are really underrated. People just dont go there i think because not many tourists aware of Ukraine itself lol. Or maybe foreign people are just too much out of tune with all this slav culture.
>>
File: Крым.jpg (2MB, 2592x1548px) Image search: [Google]
Крым.jpg
2MB, 2592x1548px
>>1049496
>>1049525
Oh, and Crimea is also very beautiful. But its technically russian territory now. Because some greedy guy [spoiler]Putin[/spoiler] just get cranky. btw level of live there is getting down due to Russian reign. kek
Anyways, back in the day, like 3 years ago (when it was part of Ukraine) and earlier there were loads of foreigners in Crimea. Me and my family even met some italian guys lol. Crimea is an awesome chilling on the beach kind of resort. Also going to Crimea you get Sea + Mountains, they are also great there. Overall great place for just a resort with relatives.
>>
>>1049525
How is Ukraine to visit right know? During early 00s my country had a considerable influx of Ukrainian immigration, overall I find them to be good people. Just way too "emotionless" compared to us southern Euros. Tbf that valide to the rest of Europe lel.
>>
>>1049525
I'd love to go to Ukraine, but I'm worried my language skills would be a barrier. Do many people speak English there?
>>
>>1049525
I live in America and have a Ukrainian friend I love, but I've met people in this country who have no clue where Ukraine is. These same people probably don't realize Canada is on the same continent as the US, it's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>1049532
I am in Crimea right now. I have been visiting a couple of times a year since it became Russian and have only seen things improve, not get worse. What kind of crack you smoking Vlad?
>>
>>1046868
Well, I'm from AR, here there's Ansilta (from San Juan), that makes pretty good outdoor clothing.

I'm not very /out/doorsy, me living in Buenos Aires and stuff, but I do enjoy hiking and general mountaneering.

I'm sure there's a big /out/ comunity here in AR.
>>
File: received_10211243384907430.jpg (198KB, 2048x1196px) Image search: [Google]
received_10211243384907430.jpg
198KB, 2048x1196px
There's not enough love for NZ
>>
>>1049698
I think Coleman is pretty big in Colombia, but I'm not sure of the quality since I've never owned anything from them. I heard they're decent.
>>
File: сижу_с_другом.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
сижу_с_другом.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>1049554
Yeah you can totally go here. I think at least 30% of people in Kyiv understand and can speak English. And the number is increasing 'cause of European integration you know.

>>1049535
Depends on what part of Ukraine are you going to visit, man.
North:
+ Kyiv, the capital, nice kind people, beautiful girls, many good places for tourists to visit.
- kinda expensive real estate
West:
+ Lviv, center of ukrainian culture, incredible Carpatians, devine nature, hospitable indigenous.
- not all people can speak any language beside native.
East:
+ uuuum fast death[spoiler]?[/spoiler] kek
- war with Russia on Donbass.
South:
+ Crimea, awesome climat, chillin' on seashores, azerbaijan/tatarstan food [spoiler]long time ago Crimea was a land of tatars[/spoiler]
- expencive to stay here. some hostels can be even more pricy then in Turkey or Egypt. maybe people even will try to scam you.
>>
>>1039090
I stayed in Thailand for 9 months and you do not want to go "out" in a lot of places there. The southern rural area is full of islamic militias and the northern rural area if full of drug runners/ growers.The safer out areas are ruined by the Chinese with their tour groups(I really hate all of the chinese after short encounters with them, they are all garbage people) Also it's 100 degrees with 100% humidity everyday even in early April in Thailand. Thailand is for getting your dick sucked and drinking $1 beers, not out shit
>>
>>1049789
NZ is part of the Anglosphere and pretty highly ranked.

>>1049796
Nice then.

>>1049804
Fair enough.
>>
I'm from Brazil.
In my area places are either of prohibited or very limited access, indigenous territories or simply very dangerous places beause of the wild life.
>>
>>1042642
North America is awful about anything internet or cellular. Most developed countries well surpass US and Canadian standards. Please visit the world.
>>
>>1039090

Anyone have experience in the congo?

Id love to explore congolese jungles but niggers scare the shit out of me, Ive spent to much time in South Africa
>>
>>1051123
>Prohibited
You're a free man of the land and government has no saying on your will. If you were born in Brazil to Brazilian parents then tell the government to suck themselves.
>>
File: I posted it again.jpg (1MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
I posted it again.jpg
1MB, 4160x2340px
>>1039090
Here in brazil we have lots of reservations but most of them do not have the legal part sorted out (each one has it's own "constitution" regarding limits, fire, economic exploration, indians etc). Most of them are severely understaffed and invaded by illegal loggers or farmers. And I mean severelly, there are some in the amazon with 2 people to guard something theh size of small nations.

The other problem is land, brazil has lots of land, but also lots of farmers. There is no concept of "everymen right" as you have in europe or even this cultural thing about using /out/ for /out/ing. They are very territorial even when it's technically *not* their land (Like rivers and their borders which are public property.

And there is the cultural aspect, most people don't like or know about camping or fear it because if we are unsafe in our cities how can we be safe /out/? Anyways, I'm camping monday on a isolated beach.

Lots of people go camping on the pantanal to fish there. (A fuckhuge floodplain)
>>
>>1053145
I have /out/ed in South Africa before and got consistently better cell reception in the Limpopo mopane veldt than I do in the middle of a major fucking city here in the States, and with the same phone too
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.