[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your dream /out/ing. For me, it's a trek through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Darvasa_gas_crater_panorama.jpg (469KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Darvasa_gas_crater_panorama.jpg
469KB, 1920x816px
Post your dream /out/ing.

For me, it's a trek through oases in Central Asia, and hopefully a visit to this beast.
>>
That new transcanadian trail looks pretty neat.
>>
>>1038091
Island hopping around the Philippines in a kayak for a month
>beautiful and incredibly diverse scenery
>pristine beaches
>extremely diverse wildlife
>readily available resupply but odds of seeing other people outside of intended resupply points are low
>ability to hike, kayak, camp, fish, and hunt all in one trip, legally
>potentially quite cheap to do with proper planning, IE round-trip from the US for under $500
>>
>>1038091
Climbing Mount Olympus
On Mars
>>
>>1038105
very nice. how can it be under $500 get a plane and do all that? Do you live in Hawaii?
>>
Mongolia
>One of the least populated countries
>Friendly nomads will let you sleep in their ger in exchange for gifts
>Most of the country is wilderness
>Can ride a horse from one end to the other
>A MONGOLIAN STEPPE HORSE
Some anon posted his adventures in Mongolia some time ago and it made me start having fantasies about going there and experiencing it all. Mongolia sounds rad.
>>
>>1038105
you forgot
>kidnapped by pirates or islamic seperatists
>>
>>1038115
A couple people here in Montana who do guided horse trips innna wilderness went over and did that last year. Looked fucking awesome.
>>
>>1038114
By taking a slow boat from the continental US. Passenger fare on an otherwise commercial vessel like a freighter is hard to track down but available and dirt cheap. I got from Puget Sound to Okinawa for $80 on an oiler 3 years ago, and I was a straight up passenger--no labor required.

>>1038121
Pirates are a nonissue, random dude in a kayak doesn't have enough value to be worth kidnapping (couple hundred bux in gear that would be nearly impossible to resell locally/regionally and unlikely to get any ransom monies), and the Islamic extremists stick to the populated areas so you'd only even have the potential of that during resupply runs, and that can be planned around 99.999999% of the time. Also firearms ownership/use/carrying is largely unregulated and legal. Would be perfectly fine for me to have a rifle with me.
>>
>>1038173
>couple hundred bux in gear that would be nearly impossible to resell locally/regionally and unlikely to get any ransom monies
you obviously have no idea about the value and resale of american goods in the philippines. and if you have no ransom value pirates will just kill you.

and this is coming from someone who loves every filipino i've ever met, and my (very white) wife is going there again with her sister next month. but the "uninhabited" areas are not really uninhabited, they're just inhabited by people who don't want to be found, and will be very careful to make sure that they are not found.
>>
File: fun with ice.gif (1023KB, 447x365px) Image search: [Google]
fun with ice.gif
1023KB, 447x365px
Supposedly there's a Soviet Antarctic base near what's called "the Pole of Inaccessibility" in the most difficult to reach part of the Antarctic inland.

It got closed in the late 80s as communism was falling apart. One year, the summer team left, and no team was ever sent out to replace them.

It's in mint condition, with the bronze Lenin statues, and the rest of the Soviet equipment left there, with only one change.

Supposedly, and I have no way of confirming it, somebody left a notebook and a pen, so that anyone who reached the base can sign their name.

My dream would be to score a sturdy, ocean-worthy sailboat, make anchor on the coast near McMurdo, and use dogsleds or snowmobiles to navigate across the hundreds of miles of frozen wasteland to the base, where I will then sign my name and bail out before everyone dies.

It might help to go during summer.
>>
>>1038200
As someone who has fished extensively around SEA and in the Philippines, I can tell you with 100% certainty that pirates will not pester a lone kayaker over the contents of the kayak unless it looks like he has high-end photography gear or electronics with him.

Almost everybody is armed.

Kayaks themselves are pretty much worthless in the region, everyone wants sailboats or catamarans.

Literally nobody but tourists use any camping gear other than bug nets, which are so readily and cheaply available nobody's going to take even the minor risk to their life or health to kidnap/mug/kill someone for one (a basic cot-sized bug net sells for about 10 PHP, which is worth around $0.05USD and is comparable to a bottle of water in price).

You are correct that some of the literally thousands of small islands and atolls have people on them that don't wish to be found. They don't exactly set up on the beach though.

And again, almost everybody is armed. Locals don't start shit very frequently because of it.
>>
File: hozugawa480.jpg (70KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
hozugawa480.jpg
70KB, 480x319px
>>1038115
>>1038148
pics?

My /out/ goals are pretty ambitious
They currently consist of a large list of places around the world
Looking at some places in Japan b/c potential study abroad next year. Maybe take some weekend/break trips
>muh fuji
>Aokigahara (the caves tho)
>Tōkai Nature Trail
>Shikoku Pilgrimage
>Hozu river
>Tōno, Iwate countryside
>>
>>1038218
Best I can do is an article about it

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/local/2017/01/18/mongolians-amused-soft-westerners/96743950/
>>
Hiking across New Zealand
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.