[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the most increadible phenomenon you saw on your outdoor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (631KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
631KB, 1000x667px
What was the most increadible phenomenon you saw on your outdoor trips?
Last august got to photograph noctilucent clouds somewhere near UmeƄ, Sweden.
>>
No photo will ever do it justice- watching a rain shower across bio bay while I was paddling it in Vieques was so incredible my brain struggled to reconcile what I was looking at. It was like Disney magic. That combined with Looking down and seeing every fish shark and turtle go about their lives was just such an incredible experience.

Seeing the glow caves in New Zealand was pretty amazing. Probably in second place. Its not everyday you get to repel a waterfall in a cave dotted in little glowing lights. Might have been a close tie with bio bay if the guide was not such a fucking jabranoi.
>>
>>1036114
Ball lightning. Scary yet fascinating.
>>
Does anyone else here never bring anything with them when they're /out/? I don't bring a phone or a camera or anything.
>>
>>1036264
I turn my phone off, but keep it with me. Have had to use it for emergencies on several occasions (though never for myself).

Always fun when you go to an area with no reception and need to call in a medevac.
>hiking through the middle of nowhere AZ
>find rando late-30's chick with badly sprained ankle and dangerously dehydrated, she'd been there 2 days
>turn phone on
>yep
>no signal
>bind ankle, give water, hike a fucking hour to a hilltop I know has some reception
>3 dropped calls and 20 minutes of "can you hear me now" later finally convey that this chick isn't mobile and needs evac
>wait several hours for CBP to roll up and throw her in their truck
>not even a thank-you
I still don't understand how someone sprains an ankle that badly on flat ground with only a ~5lb daypack on. I swear females are more fragile than fucking Faberge eggs and go out of their way to be clumsy.
>>
I saw a herd of pygmy deer once.
>>
I saw some trail magic
>>
File: FILE1184.jpg (178KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
FILE1184.jpg
178KB, 800x533px
>>1036261
>Ball lightning
Thundersnow for me. Buddy I was riding with had never even heard of it, had no idea what was going on. Really cool, but also really scary knowing you're right in the middle of the storm.

And avalanches. Seeing snow flow like liquid down a mountain is fascinating, but >goosebumps.

>>1036297
>I turn my phone off, but keep it with me.
Mine goes in airplane mode and I stash it in my pack or windshield bag. It's nice as a camera, nice for aerial photography (since my GPS doesn't do that), and I have some slope angle, snow profile, and avalanche forecast tools on there that make data collection or terrain evaluation/decisions easy.
With cellular/bluetooth/wifi radios off, the battery will go for days.
And you're right, if there's an emergency, that's the first comms that i'm going try. Followed by radio and PLB. Depending on the situation, maybe all three.

>>1036264
>never bring anything with them when they're /out/?
Sounds like a good way to die.
I've gotten more than a few people out of the woods that weren't prepared.
"Wow, those radios you guys have are pretty neat."
"That GPS on your bars sure came in handy! That's cool how it works with google earth too!"
"Where'd you get that topo map you carry?"
"Hey do you guys have some water? I'm pretty thirsty."
>>
>>1036261
I swear I saw this before when I was a kid. I thought it was a ghost
>>
I saw a groundhog shuffling around like an old man looking for his glasses :3c
>>
bioluminescent plankon is always cool when i lived in Vietnam. the two best places for it were Otres Beach near Sihanoukville and Mui Ne in Vietnam.

Northern Lights made me think a nuclear war was starting when I was camping in the boundary waters.
>>
>>1036261
>>1036565
Those are extraterrestrial drones and probes.
>>
File: Dave-Markel-proton-arc-r.jpg (685KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dave-Markel-proton-arc-r.jpg
685KB, 800x1000px
Proton arc directly above our campsite that lasted 15 or 20 minutes.
>>
>>1037459
Hi STEVE!
>>
Love
>>
File: firefly3_mini.jpg (96KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
firefly3_mini.jpg
96KB, 620x412px
while backpacking I came across a huge field covered with fireflies. imagine pic relatedx100 , as far as you could see, just a constant glow. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. They were attracted to whatever was planted in the field, so every firefly from the area swarmed on the location
>>
Was in Mexico camping on the beach with my family. We sat facing the ocean watching the sunset while a comet was passing by overhead. Not those quick shooting start that appear for like a millisecond. An actual comet crawling slowly across the sky. It felt like magic, words cannot describe it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.