[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to get lost in a cave and never being able

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1057.jpg (212KB, 962x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1057.jpg
212KB, 962x641px
Is it possible to get lost in a cave and never being able to find your way out?
>>
>inb4 pic of that poor fella who got stuck upside down in a hole and died
>>
>>
>>1035937
That's not getting lost though he got trapped. I mean literally wandering around until you run out of water or food.
>>
>>1035937
now that would be just nutty
>>
File: 23452345.jpg (15KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
23452345.jpg
15KB, 604x438px
>>1035957
cheeky breeki
>>
>>1035956
Yes
>>
>>1035956
It depends on how big the cave is and how incompetent you are, but given that you are posting this dumb shit on /out/ I'm gonna guess you have the later quality in spades. So yes, it's very possible you'd get lost in a cave and die.
>>
>>1035991
>>1035936
Never underestimate how stupid people can be.

My state had an adult with no mental issues get "lost" in a 21 acre county park for 7 days, needed extended hospitalization from complications from dehydration when he was found.
>>
>>1035991
The later quality?
>>
>>1036041
If you can't speak english don't post on an english speaking image board. When listing two things "the later" means the second or last thing listed.

You retarded fucking third worlder.
>>
>>1036051
not him, but it's 'the latter' that denotes the last thing mentioned.

Either third worlder larping as a native speaker, or your anglo educational system has failed you. Either way, you're retarded.
>>
>>1036059
Yep. Its MY reading comprehension that is lacking.
>>
File: stuck.jpg (466KB, 1556x984px) Image search: [Google]
stuck.jpg
466KB, 1556x984px
>>1035937
hi there (though the wrong picture)
>>
>>1036078
you know what. fuck that.
>>
>>1036085
Now imagine just sitting there, yelling, screaming and hitting the immovable walls until you get tired, then falling asleep alone in the dark and cold and never waking up.
>>
>>1036078
What is the appeal of this godawful hobby
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu9wmk4L2NM
>>
>>1036001
wtf...do you have a link or anything?
>>
>>1036078
i 'm not really clausterphobic, but these photos, mang....
>>
>>1036069
But...It is latter.
>>
Ted's cave...FUCK THAT.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/index.html
>>
>>1036078

Cavers are fucked in the head
>>
What happens is the poison gas sinks to the floor of the caves. When you walk down the tunnel you stir up the gas. When you turn around to go back you inhale the stirred up gas and die.
>>
>>1035936
Don't listen to these people. Cave systems aren't that big, and if you do get lost keep making left turns until you get back on track again.
>>
>>1036109
It's not filled with people in it for the Instagram likes and inspirational photos like mountain climbing is. Why do they always circle jerk themselves about how much it changes you and how spiritual it is
>>
>>1036468
Everything this anon says is true
>>
File: cave-diving-warning-sign.jpg (560KB, 2456x1632px) Image search: [Google]
cave-diving-warning-sign.jpg
560KB, 2456x1632px
>>1035936
I mean the answer is clearly yes. End up with a dead flashlight a few turns away from any sunlight (and it's noticeable when you're far enough that you can close your eyes and you will not see a difference) and you can die crawling around in circles.
I thought about this a lot on one occasion in high school. In primary school and high school, we had gone to caves on several occasions. During the last trip, we actually got into boats at the bottom of a cave and went further into the cave down a little cave lake. I have a fear of water as is (not the physical water but any kind of body of water that's not a regular swimming pool) but the fact that we were hundreds of metres below the ground made it so much worse. At that moment I couldn't really think about anything other than holding onto the bench as tightly as possible and wait until it was over. But it wasn't - the guide thought it would be fun if he turned off the only flashlight and for a minute, we were left in the dark.
That's my "perfect" nightmare material right there - getting lost in a cave without a light, only to lose footing and end up in water. It's chilling just to think about it...

But yeah, it's possible to get lost in a cave. As long as you're with a guide you should be fine though. Your main problems are losing light, not having anyone with you and not letting anyone on the outside know that you will be going in there. That is, if you don't have common sense and are staying far away from any cave.
>>
File: 1496507741352.jpg (32KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
1496507741352.jpg
32KB, 400x270px
>>1036051
The ironry! Get a load of the later guy!
>>
>>1036078
I'm laying down on my bed phone browsing and I'm starting to feel really uncomfortable looking at this picture.
>>
>>1036574

That skeleton is clearly guarding something.
>>
>>1036041
Yeah, you got a quality ladder you won't get lost in a cave. Just climb out that bitch.

Cave ain't nothing but a underachieving hole.
>>
>>1037095
Pretty sure there's an edit I've seen somewhere with the skeleton sitting on a pile of treasure writing the sign.
>>
>>1035936
Yeah that happened to me. Luckily the cave has wifi.
>>
File: 1484119712543.jpg (234KB, 1200x712px) Image search: [Google]
1484119712543.jpg
234KB, 1200x712px
>>1036574
>>1037095
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.