[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They are selling mre components at my local grocery store. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170610_142810.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170610_142810.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
They are selling mre components at my local grocery store. What are the best ones?
>>
File: IMG_20170610_142744.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170610_142744.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
Some of the other flavors
>>
>>1035396
whoah, im kinda jealous OP.
i wish my local grocery store had this stuff.
i like the fudge brownies or the marble cake deserts.
chicken stew is ok, black bean stuff was good.
>>
>>1035396
santa fe rice is good
au gratin potatoes good
>>
>>1035396
I used to love when i got a fudge brownie. Try one of those. Chicken pesto is good, but steal some packets of crushed red from a pizza shop to go with them for the trail. I think they came with little packets of cayenne so try that too, but i think crushed red would be better.
>>
>>1035396

Cheese and vegetable omelet.
>>
yo is this winco?
>>
>>1035431
This guy know his stuff
>>
>>1035479
Waremart (owned by winco) but for smaller towns
>>
>>1035396

Wow that shit is incredibly cheap compared to shit boy mountain house, or even my own dehydrated meals.

I can't seem to find comparable prices on the web, are these clearance or something? Seriously, if I could find them as cheap as you got I wouldn't have to keep dehydrating my own meals. Granted dehydrating meals is fucking delicious, but the simplicity and low price of those MREs are appealing.
>>
>>1035668
They are not marked for clearance but it's odd they have them because it's a small store and this isn't an area catering to /out/ists. Their prices can't be beat, got Cheetos for $1.68, bacon for $2.33 etc. Store is making me fat
>>
>>1035682
Get fat. After i got out i went into deep depression. Drinking 2 handles a week no wxercise 280 lbs 160/110 bp.

It literally took me 2 months to get back to passqble shape once i gave up the rum.
>>
>>1035396
Is that winco? I might have to stop by mine to see what they have
>>
>>1035797
disregard, i should read before I post
>>
Chicken Pesto is pretty fucking good
>>
CHILI MAC NIGGA.
My personal favorite is beef patty but i think it's actually dog food. Think a slab of beef that tastes like a vienna sausage.

Some MREs have weird names, like "pan coated chocolate discs" are M&Ms. You will have to do a little bit of research because sometimes they can be completely different from what you expect.
Btw, a full MRE is typically $12 or more so stock the fuck up because those are some incredible prices.
>>
>>1035396
>>1035398
I had this blueberry or blackberry cobbler thing in an MRE a while ago, it was really fucking good. Had little bits of graham cracker or pie crust or something and fruit chunks. If you see that get it, it's awesome.
>>
There is only one answer and DO NOT PRONOUNCE THE ACCENT SYMBOLS THAT ARE NOT ON THE BAG.
>>
>>1035396
>>1035398
That can't be healthy.
>>
>>1035396
The peanut butter or jalapeno cheese pouches are awesome, less weight and bulk than the civilian alternatives. I cannot tell from your pics if they are selling the little bags with seasoning, mini Tabascos, wet naps, TP, gum, matches, etc but if they're selling them, buy those. They really are good to add to your backpacking meal pouch. I usually cannibalize MREs and I bring one of those accessory pouches with me every time I go /out/.
>>
>>1035396
Which grocery store is this? I hope there's one near me, I would like to pick up some stuff. Entree's mostly.
>>
>>1035396
Look for entree's, anything except the omelet is pretty good. Chili mac, tortellini, anything meat brick. Also look for all the cheese spreads, they are godly and you will never find a product like it in civvie world, unless maybe you live in sweden or have a swedish place that sells cheese in tubes.

>>1036966
I called the tortiya's tor-tilla's like godzilla you know.
>>
>>1035479
>>1035531
Mah niggas. Winco is best store. I recognize those labels and bin numbers anywhere.

>tfw you find the bulk spices and realize the savings
>>
>>1035396

I have a store called Winco, they do the same shit.
>>
Calories, ranging from ~200 - ~300 for each are here: http://hprc-online.org/comrad/ If anyone can tell me what the weights are, I'll post a cal/gram for each of the entrees.
>>
File: stevefull.jpg (251KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stevefull.jpg
251KB, 810x1080px
ASIAN BEEF STRIPS
GET NOTHING BUT THAT
>>
>>1037147

Fudge brownie for the win

Santa Fe style rice and beans 5oz 210 calories $1.18
au gratin potatoes 5 oz 180 calories $1.08
hash brown potatoes with bacon peppers and onions 8oz 230 calories $ $1.28
black beans in a seasoned sauce 5oz 160 calories $.98
fudge brownie 3 Oz 370 calories $$1.18
chicken pesto 8 oz 350 calories $1.78
>>
>>1037140
Really? Our WinCo doesn't do this. I'm flabbergasted to see MRE's at such a low price.
>>
My vote is for Chilli con Carne. Fucking great
>>
>>1037653

They seem to be a hit in miss. The Winco in my town has them, buy the Winco in the town over, the one near my in laws about 70 miles away don't.
>>
>>1035396
Op what state do you live in? I've been trying to buy components online but they're kinda expensive. Willing to pay you in advance to buy me a bunch of those and send them to az. Will pay for mre entrees, shipping, and for your time. If interested... [email protected]
>>
>>1037872
Would be really nice if op got your back there, anon. I have tried before for ameribros to buy me gear there and send to Europe so I could save taxbux but no one seemed interested. Unfortunately.
>>
>>1037872
>>1039051
Check with your local WinCo's in Arizona. I'd be happy to do it in theory but anonymity is important these days and banking and mailing packages with anonymity is impossible without using your name or getting on some faggot list by government thugs
>>
Jalapeno cheese spread nigga

Chili Mac ain't bad. Chicken and noodle wasn't bad. Most of it tastes like shit.
>>
>>1037286
steve is so chill
>>
>>1035398

Holy crap that's awesome! Chicken pesto is one of my favorites.
>>
>>1039126

I mail packages all the time without using my name. They just end up checking the package out right then and there at ups.
>>
>>1037872
be aware that MREs don't last as long outside the pouch, knew marathon watching Steve would pay off someday.
>>1039051
I'd do it if you want, already go to the post office once a week to ship shit for my ebay account.
>>1039126
You're not obliged to do anything but you can simply post a box at USPS at a store and pay in cash with an assumed alias.
>>
Do they still do the fudge covered oatmeal cookie? Those things were awesome.

chili mac, jalapeno cheese, chicken/rice, spaghetti w. meat sauce.
>>
>>1035508
>>1035431
no, dont be assholes

avoid anything with eggs
>>
>>1041341
The omelettes don't actually contain anything that ever came from a chicken though.

IMO that's why they make literally everybody sick.
>>
>>1041343
It had eggs in it just really nasty ones.
>>
>>1041343
>>1041341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yz6LHl3rRU
Steve likes them.
>>
File: perfect.png (326KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
perfect.png
326KB, 903x713px
>>1035396

Concentrate on the ones that have rice in them, Anon. Rice & Chicken and so forth.
No clue why, but those always seem to be top-tier.
>>
>>1035398
if those hash browns have bacon, buy them.
mixed fruit amd pears are great (just mre version of fruit cups)
>>
>>1044322
Rice bad. Rice is high in arsenic. Especially rice from Bangladesh, but all rice is susceptible. It just sucks the shit from the water and ground.
>>
>>1045690
are you retarded anon
or is it just coincidence that an entire continent has for centuries escaped arsenic poisoning from their staple food
>>
ITs pretty cool

the dystopian vibe cant be denied though
>>
>>1045714
One does not have to develop acute poisoning, even smaller amounts have impact.

As to why it is not epidemic in Asia, Arsenic is more available in some places because of natural reason. Bangladesh and places like Vietnam and Cambodia in Southeast Asia have locations with geological environments that produce groundwater with a high arsenic content. This gets sucked in to the rice (and all other plants, but rice in particular), and eventually ends up in humans.

But read for yourself and decide how retarded this anon is:

https://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodborneIllnessContaminants/Metals/ucm319870.htm
>>
Stock the fuck up on the cream gravy ones, OP
>>
>>1037286
Holy shit he looks like hes made of wax here.
>>
how long does this stuff last?
>>
>>1035396
Dude if you're lucky enough to find the pineapple upsidedown cake then grab every single one of those fuckers and thank me later.
>>
>>1035396
wow, that's pretty cool. Never heard of a store doing that
>>
The fruit ones are GOAT
>>
>>1036212
YA CANT GO WRONG WITH THE CHILI MAC OP!

no joke though, my girlfriend is a majorly picky eater, and even she said the chili mac is pretty good, but to normal people, they love it.
>>
>>1036212
>a full MRE is typically $12
Where the fuck do you live m8, even here in suburban Southern California I can get them for half that
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.