[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good and light 1-man tent? Is the Hilleberg ones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 25

File: AktoGrn[1].jpg (73KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
AktoGrn[1].jpg
73KB, 700x350px
What's a good and light 1-man tent? Is the Hilleberg ones the cream of the crop?

Which tents are generally /out/ approved?
>>
Wild Country Zephyros 1. Costs a fraction of the Hilleberg but weighs the same. Done me proud so far.
>>
File: zoom_Laser_Photon_2_Tent[1].jpg (33KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
zoom_Laser_Photon_2_Tent[1].jpg
33KB, 800x800px
What's the word on Terra Nova's tents?
>>
>>1035318

Hilleberg are god-tier, overpriced, will last a decade.

>>1035344
Terra Nova are cheap, but good enough value to consider

But tents are dumb anon. Tarps are the way to go. The only conditions that call for 4 closed walls are alpine/above the tree level.
>>
>>1035426
>The only conditions that call for 4 closed walls are alpine/above the tree level

Tarp isn't really an option up here in scandinavia. It can get quite chilly during night time.
>>
>tfw too poor to buy Big Agnes
>>
>>1035426
Unless you camp predominantly at a very windy sandy desert with constant abrasive sandblasting, the Hilleberg tent will last several decades
>>
File: protrail.jpg (112KB, 640x362px)
protrail.jpg
112KB, 640x362px
I've been thinking about getting a TarpTent Protrail or a TrekkerTent Stealth 1, my first choice was a Six Moon Lunar Solo LE though but they're out of stock on every European dealer I've found so far.
>>
>>1035426
>The only conditions that call for 4 closed walls are alpine/above the tree level.
Or constant high wind, or frequent cold temperatures, or constant large quantities of biting insects.

Which encompasses about 90% of 3-season camping and 100% of that 4th season.
>>
>>1035522
Considering a woman was killed by blackflies in NFLD last year anything I use must have a bug net.
>>
>>1035318
What to buy for 150 britbongs?
>>
>>1035426
(((Hilleberg))) have even increased their prices in recent years. I know Jannu used to cost €750 and now they are €1000. Akto used to be ~€450-500, now €580.

I don't know if it's just in Sweden as I've read how they basically told retailers in the US not to export back to Sweden. There where some Swedes who started to import tents (a few dozen) for themselves and friends, as it was cheaper to buy from the US even with added taxes and shipping.
>>
File: Haven-Combo.jpg (25KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Haven-Combo.jpg
25KB, 800x800px
>>1035450

I recently bought the Six Moon Haven 2 person tent. No complaints yet but I've only used it once so far
>>
>>1035626
That's a nice rig
>>
Kelty Salida 2
its more of a 1.5 person tent than a 2 as advertised.
>>
>>1035318
amazon.com/ALPS-Mountaineering-Lynx-1-Person-Tent/dp/B00BMKD1DU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497161620&sr=8-3&keywords=lynx+1

ALPS Mountaineering Lynx-1. $72.99 as we speak.
It's what I use, I love it and it's very affordable. Considering getting a second just to have in the car.
>>
>>1035807
>light weight
>4.2lb minimum trail weight
Pick one
>>
>>1035426
>But tents are dumb anon. Tarps are the way to go. The only conditions that call for 4 closed walls are alpine/above the tree level.

Or, you're in an area with dangerous/venomous critters.
>>
>>1035450
This guy is selling a ProTrail from Finland for 260 inc shipping. If you take into account the international shipping and import taxes you usually pay on one of these, it's a great deal.

It's /reddit/ but the sub is trustworthy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ULgeartrade/comments/6fzshf/wts_ul_gear_shipping_inside_eu/
>>
>>1035522
>>1035565
You use a bug net or a bivy under the tarp to protect yourself against insects. The tarp is only for rain/wind.

Temperature is barely influenced by your shelter. Both the tent and the tarp can block out rain/wind, if pitched correctly. Your sleeping pad, sleeping bag and clothing/insulation determine how warm you'll be.

Constant high wind is a bummer, but also kind of hard to believe. You live in an area with constant hard gusts of wind? 24/7? Every season?

Most people in the first world (a.k.a people on this board) live in very mild climate, with mild precipitation and a mild winter. Sure if it snows bring a closed 4 wall tent, but any other season? Hell just use the bivy alone and cowboy camp all summer.
>>
>>1035866
>mild precipitation and a mild winter
Total bullshit.Where do you live? In Northern Europe it's always fucking raining.
>>
>>1035318
i've had a nordisk svalbard si and i liked it, served me well in a 5 day trip in the hardangervidda with some rain, considering you don't want to spend too much.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (33KB, 640x608px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
33KB, 640x608px
I have a Big Agnes rattlesnake sl1 and it works great, though I wish I had gotten at least a 2 person because it's pretty cramped.

>tfw going camping this summer with some friends and a chick who wants my dick will be there, but there's no room in my tent
>>
>>1035889
Get yourslf a cheep 2-person lovenest. I'm a hammocker which is foreveralone af, but when I go on social campings I often share a tent. Save the ultralight/single gear for real excursions, and for campground trips with bitches you can have something else.
>>
File: 23456789.jpg (2MB, 3148x2160px) Image search: [Google]
23456789.jpg
2MB, 3148x2160px
>>1035318
Only this one.
Plastic materials, no thanks
>>
File: 1493443134408s.jpg (2KB, 125x70px) Image search: [Google]
1493443134408s.jpg
2KB, 125x70px
>>1035450
I use the trekker tent stealth 1 and really rate it. I rarely use the bug net inner and usually just use any old thing as a groundsheet. Love it so much.
>>
File: ttstealth.jpg (809KB, 1040x585px) Image search: [Google]
ttstealth.jpg
809KB, 1040x585px
>>1035974
Not sure why that is so small. And 4chin won't let me delete. Oh well. Ask anything want about the TT stealth.
>>
>>1035866
I live in Wyoming, in the sage flats. If it's not blowing over 10mph constantly (constantly as in 24/7/365) it's considered abnormally calm.
>>
>>1035976
Where do you live? How long was delivery? Do you use trekking poles?
>>
>>1035976
I'm the guy you replied to and I have exactly the same questions as >>1036013
I heard delivery can be very long for TrekkerTent
>>
>>1036013
Based in the UK at the moment. Bought it second hand off Gumtree so not long. Yes I use my trekking poles. I messed around with the A frame pitch, pic related, which requires an extra pole at the back. It's comfier but not worth the hassle when trekking imo.
>>
File: TipiTent.jpg (53KB, 600x378px)
TipiTent.jpg
53KB, 600x378px
>>1035318
I saw this sweet tent, think it's a steal of a deal
https://vikingoutfitter.com/collections/camping-tents/products/viking-strong-3-4-person-tipi-expedition-tent

They also have an ultralight version of the same tent for 1 person.

https://vikingoutfitter.com/collections/camping-tents/products/350g-7lb-3f-1-2-person-tipi-tent

They only have 6 left though, so if you want one, you gotta act pretty quick here boyo
>>
>>1036163
Thanks.
>>
>>1035344
>What's the word on Terra Nova's tents?
It got canceled unfortunately, that show was awesomely terrible.
>>
>>1035437
I got a Fly Creek on Craigslist for $150, never used. Parts were still sealed in plastic. I don't know if it was stolen or what but I wasn't going to pass up a deal like that.
>>
There's a Marmot Tungsten 2p for sale on my local craigslist. Opinions?
>>
Thoughts on the SMD Skyscape Trekker? I'm looking for something relatively light but I'm not sure what to get. I live in Montana and do the majority of my camping in the Summer/Fall seasons. I was also thinking of maybe just getting a pup tent.
>>
File: evening-light.jpg (537KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
evening-light.jpg
537KB, 2000x1500px
>>1036223
Looks a lot like a golite shangrila knock off. I have the shangrila 3 which I use with an ooknest, the custom inner you can see in the pic. It's a palace for one person and quite heavy, but manageable. The main issue I have with using it as a 1 person is that the foot print is so large that it can be tricky to find a spot large enough. It's my short walk-with-friends tent. I stick to the trekkertent stealth when hiking more seriously.
>>
>>1036223
>https://vikingoutfitter.com/collections/camping-tents/products/350g-7lb-3f-1-2-person-tipi-tent

Just looked at the link, which is for a 4 season inner for their outer https://vikingoutfitter.com/collections/camping-tents/products/asta-ultralight-1-2-person-pro-adventure-tent
Looks alright, but at that price I would worry about the construction.
>>
>>1035450
>>1036605 few more shots of my TT stealth in action.
>>
>>1035866
Found the fag
>>
>>1035974
I certainly hope that tent is bigger than the image
>>
>>1036453
There's a show called 'Terra Nova's Tents'?
>>
>>1035585
They make the tents in Europe. That "designed in Kentucky, made in China" trick is not their thing.

Hilleberg has been in the business for quite some time. Cost of living and cost of work has gone up over the years, inflation has to be factored in too.

As a result, the prices rise. IMO it is good, since it means they won't compromise on quality just to keep prices down. There is by necessity some form of trade off if the price stays intact.

The worst thing to do is to keep the prices the same, quality goes down and the amount of marketing increases to make-belief that everything is as good as before. Fuck THAT shit. You have to depend on your gear.

> inb4 spergs attack
> go cross a glacier in flipflops, they're cheap and light
>>
File: TarpTents-18.jpg (209KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
TarpTents-18.jpg
209KB, 1024x682px
>>1035434
Tarps work as well anything in the snow.
>>
>>1037198
>a picture of a tarp set up in snow means it works better than a tent in cold weather.
>>
>>1037201
Never said better. Don't get your knickers in a twist. Just highlighting that tarps aren't only for fair weather like some people can think.
>>
File: All-In-One Biwak.png (1MB, 1900x980px) Image search: [Google]
All-In-One Biwak.png
1MB, 1900x980px
>>1035318
If you are a millionaire or live in Switzerland, you can get Polarmond which is the best tent
>>
>>1037214
Looks like a pocketpussy
>>
File: 169467861655f5ead92d078.jpg (132KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
169467861655f5ead92d078.jpg
132KB, 1024x576px
>>1035974
>>1036610
>>1035626
>>1035852
Thanks for the help and info, I just ordered the Lunar Sole LE as it was back in stock! The Stealth looks pretty great too though.

Anyway, I'll be thru-hiking the kungsleden with it soon so I'll try and make an in depth review about the Lunar Solo LE.
>>
>>1037247
Good choice, I've had my eye on that tent! I only got the stealth over it as I found it on gumtree for £80!
>>
>>1037247
>Lunar Sole LE
Fuck, why do Americans get such get tents? I can't find fucking anything as good in the UK. It's all Vango turd or expensive as fuck alpinist type shit.
>>
>>1037360
>Look up six moon designs products
>140 dollars shipping to the UK

Kill me.
>>
>>1035892
Same. I would never carry a tent if I was solo, hammocking is so comfy. I just bought a net tent so I can bring my normie friends outside with me. It seems like a good idea, I live (and camp) in wetlands and swampy areas so tarps just don't cut it you need a mesh bug net with a floor unless you want to be eaten alive. I thought the net tent was a good idea because when it's hot and humid af I can just pitch the tarp I'm using higher up for more ventilation.

I'm going to try it out this weekend, I can't wait.
>>
>>1037360
Dude the trekkertent stealth discussed in this thread is from a Scottish company. Also check out ultralightoutdoorgear or backpackinglight(dot)co(dot)UK they stock plenty of high end ultra light gear
>>
>>1037452
Yeah I get that but the range of affordable and decent tents is still so limited here. I get that the /out/ market in the UK is smaller but it still rustles my jimmies. I'm jelly of Americans.
>>
>>1036223
how is the weather resistance looks like the hydrostatic rating is only 1000....
>>
>>1037360
M8, I'm yuro and I got it from a UK based online shop.
>>
>>1037260
At that price the Stealth is definitely a steal.
>>
>>1037247
Hiking Kungsleden as well in August.
What're you thinking on using for mosquito repellent? Considering buying a gallon of permathrin concentrate to treat my clothes for the next few years
>>
>>1038733
This is why I am going to wait till later in the season to head to Sweden. Get a face net and accept that your arms and legs are going get bitten. My experience in other parts of the world that get a lot of mosquitoes is that if you're the type of person that gets bitten then there isn't much you can do. Get a face net.
>>
>>1038734
Already have a face net, I want to do it in September but my school starts in September. I'm doing it starting early/mid August so I should finish mid september and get the start of the good weather/fewer mosquitos.
>>
>>1036489
I have one and used it for about 50 nights in the subalpine and coastal regions of the united states pacific north west (a temperate rainforest with gusting winds and not many bugs)

very satisfied. it has always kept me dry, held up to 40 mph winds with no trouble, supports at least a few inches of snow, and is quick to setup and take down.

get the new design with a zipper on both sides.

learn it pitch it high, the bottom should come up from the ground and form a wall about 2" high. otherwise the foot end will be super low and you'll have poor ventilation.

also, consider the tarptent trekker. it wasn't available when I got my skyscape, and I have no experience with it, but it appears to be more roomy for similar weight and bulk.
>>
>>1038733
>>1038734

I usually try to stay above the tree line, way fewer mosquitoes there. Although that's not really feasible if you're hiking on a set specific trail.

Speaking of which. Myself, I'm going to Hokkaido in late august/early september for some hiking. How's the mosquito situation at that time in that part of Japan?
>>
>>1038855
No idea but I'll try and get in touch with my cousin who is working there atm. He's fairly out so should have a good idea.
>>
>>1037247

Could I fit 2 in that? Looks roomy
>>
File: image.png (310KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
310KB, 640x1136px
Thoughts lads? Gonna surprise the misses with a tent
>>
>>1036456
Is it good?
>>
File: eureka_moonshadow.jpg (10KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
eureka_moonshadow.jpg
10KB, 290x200px
lived half a year in a eureka! moonshadow, through storms, nordic winter, tropical climate, rocky terrains, etc...no issues, good enough.
I would probably spend more money today because I love to jerk off to gear but it wouldn't fulfill any need (besides jerking off).
>>
>>1038733
I did the upper part years back with my father and back then we just got some repellent from one of the STF huts, it worked quite well tbqwyf. I heard it's not as bad in August as in July though. Will you be thru-hiking it too? North to South?

>>1038887
Maybe in a pinch or if you really like each other, but not long term. It is really roomy but it's more of a 1,5 person kind of roomy.
>>
>>1035336

does it not take in surface water?

Ive heard thats the problem with them
>>
>>1038995
>eureka! moonshadow

is that even a real tent? I cant find any information about it at all, even on their website/youtube
>>
My Lunar Solo arrived, still having some trouble setting it up though as you can possibly see. It's not by any means hard to setup, I'm just a retard that can't get my pole the right size.
>>
>>1039632
To say it's very roomy would be an understatement, plenty of head- and footroom.
>>
>>1039632
>>1039633
Looks nice. What does it weigh in at?
>>
>>1039739
836grams, but I haven't seam sealed it yet.
>>
>>1037198
Sure, this works, if your sleeping bag is Antarctica-rated AND through some magic the wind blows from the side opposite of the opening all the time.

But, yeah, why not? Not hating you anon. One can dig into the snow, too, so why not a tarp. It's more adventurous for sure.
>>
>>1038734
August is not the peak mosquito season anymore, it's on its way to ramping down. But you WILL get bitten somewhat - just ignore the flying fucks.
>>
>>1035866
>Bring tarp
>Bring groundsheet
>Bring bugnet
So...a tent? Except it takes about half an hour to set up, isn't entirely sealed off from bugs, and requires you to pick a perfect campsite?
>>
>>1036479
I tried one once. Super roomy, not the lightest but light enough it won't really be an issue. The bent poles really do make for a lot more room. If it's in good shape and $100 or less, definitely go for it (you can get new Tungstens for $140 sometimes so no point paying more than $100 for a used one). Thinking about getting one for when I go camping with grills, I really need to fill the gap between my UL 1 person tent and the massive Coleman 4 person I have from when I was a kid.
>>1038917
Yeah it's good. It's a true 1 person, so if you bring a dog or expect to keep a lot of gear in the tent prepare for a bit of a squeeze. I'm not a big guy, 5'11'' 160 lbs, but with my gear in the little mini-vestibule, my 50 lb boxer barely fits in at my feet. It's the version with the built in LED lights, which I wouldn't have chosen but I actually do like having them now. If I could have picked, probably would have gone for the 2 person, and likely would have done the Copper Spur instead of the Fly Creek, but all in all for $150 it was a great buy.
>>
>>1040088
You only need to bring those things when you need them. I love having a modular sleeping system. Plus my ground sheet, tarp and bug net all weigh in it at around 700g and cost me less than a tent of the same weight.
>>
>>1037360

Used to have a terra nova zephyros 2. Currently using a vango zenith 200 and it out performs the zephyros in every way. The extra weight (which isn't a whole lot) is worth it imo. Love that tent.

I'm not into the whole ultralight thing though.
>>
>>1040088
Get a net tent, it's the superior option between tarping and tenting.
>Bathtub floor for rainy days
>Completely sealed off and bug-proof
>1/2 the pack size and 1/3 the weight of any tent (that's not a >$500 ultralight memer tent), including the tarp
>can have tarp vented up for humid nights vs completely buckled down in the rain
>psychological "safety barrier" of noseeum between you and the outside
>large enough to your stupid girlfriend/faggot boyfriend who would refuse to sleep under just a tarp
>>
>>1040141
Can you suggest one? I haven't been able to find any good, light, and affordable.
>>
File: unnamed (4).jpg (224KB, 1134x638px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (4).jpg
224KB, 1134x638px
Zpacks Solplex, 15 ounce fully featured tent, 555 US dollars
>>
>>1040219
There's one chinese one on amazon now that's like 40 dollars (the one I have), Paria outdoors sells one that's about mid in price, msr sells one that's probably the best quality but more expensive.
>>
>>1040092
Can I dump a backpack in it and still lie down okay?
>>
>>1040234
That shit is cheap chinese shit, if you paid 555USD then you got fucked

Check out www.vikingoutfitter.com if you want real quality tents at a low price.
>>
>>1040429
Man viking a shilling h a r d at the moment. Fuck off. Your tents look trash.
>>
>>1040234
Yeah that's my end game tent, but my current tent comes in at round 1.5lb including pegs and does the job. It's just not the comfiest shape. But I can't justify dropping 555USD plus whatever retarded shipping and tax I'd end up paying to get it to the UK until I've got some more out of my current system.
>>
>>1040429
all those heavy as fuck tents. Low price? Why the fuck would I want that?
>>
File: Ferrino-Lightent-2.jpg (49KB, 590x443px) Image search: [Google]
Ferrino-Lightent-2.jpg
49KB, 590x443px
>>1040099
>vango zenith 200
Cool. I ended up buying this in green. 1.75 kg and it's pretty roomy so I'm alright with it.
>>
Is a 4-season tent worth the money given that it's slightly cheaper but also heavier than a similar 3-season tent?

I'm comparing Hilleberg's Enan and Akto here.
>>
>>1039441
man im old, that tent is older than the internet.
>>
Should I get this tent(REI Co-op Passage 1 Tent)? I'm a complete beginner to camping.
>>
>>1035318
Hilleberg are great, but they almost exclusively make winter tents, so I'd expect them to be a little heavier than a 3-season tent would be, and probably a little clammy in summer heat.

The Niak looks pretty good, though. It's one of only a handful of 3-season tents they make.
http://us.hilleberg.com/EN/tent/yellow-label-tents/niak/
That price, though... You can get an MSR Hubba Hubba, or a Big Agnes for like half of the cost.
>>
>>1035450
>my first choice was a Six Moon Lunar Solo LE though but they're out of stock on every European dealer I've found so far.
Can't you order from Six Moon Designs directly anymore?
>>
>>1037198
most people shouldnt use tarps anon.
>>1038995
>eureka
fucking indestructible
>>1044591
If you're a beginner then start off with a Walmart tent, something like this. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-7-x-5-Hiker-Tent-Sleeps-1-2/22659694
You shouldn't be spending over 50$ for a first tent. Your concern for a first time out shouldn't be cutting weight, it should be having everything you need. On future trips, you'll know from that experience what to not take in the future.
I'd also check with your local scout troop to see if they have any unused tents you can buy or trade for.
>>1040088
All you need is a tarp and a ground sheet (something you'll already bring for a tent) and a tubfloor or MSS.
>>1040062
Foxholes are my favorite sleeping style.
>>
>>1044591
Either get a cheap tent to start off with like walmart, or stansport scout tent is another I've seen people recommend (never tried it myself though). Basically, try camping if you've never camped before. Buy something cheap so you can replace it when you know what you want. Hell maybe you decide you hate tents and then go to hammocks.
>>
>>1044591
REI makes good budget tents. Do not buy any tent that is sold at Walmart. Cheap tents tend to not be 100% waterproof, they tend to break, and they tend to be made of a multitude of small parts that get lost.
>>
>>1040407
Depends how big you are and how much stuff you have but probably. Clothes and stuff just stuff at your feet or use as a pillow in a stuff sack, bulkier stuff leave in the bag and sit next to your boots under the fly but outside the mesh. I would recommend a small scrap of plastic to sit things on in the "vestibule", the rainfly does a good job but stuff will still get wet from underneath.
>>
>>1042104
Typically not enough ventilation in a 4 season, if you live in a warm or humid environment you'll probably regret not having air flow when you sweat like a pig all night and condensation builds up on the fly.
>>
File: SerenityTarpFront.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SerenityTarpFront.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
Check out the MLD Serenity Shelter. You can mix this with just about any tarp, and have a sup 1lb shelter.
>>
>>1045647
If you live in warm or humid environment, why do you need a 4 season tent?

4 season is for subzero in the mountains, seashore, treeless (windy) areas, etc. not for jungles.
>>
>>1045700
Sub 1lb shelter*

I use the warbonnet superfly, which has doors as well so you have really good rain coverage and set it up with trekking poles.
>>
>>1042104
>>1045647
>>1045702
The main difference that sets apart a 4 season tent from a 3 season tent is the ability to handle snow-loading and high winds. Most 3 season tents are made to minimize weight and maximize floor space (and head space), so the poles are are often lighter duty. A good 4 season tent is designed to handle heavy snowfall, as well as the strong winds of the Arctic. Therefore, they usually have a good way to block cold breezes from coming into the tent. It's a tricky balance between blocking breezes and also maintaining good ventilation (to prevent internal condensation and frosting in the winter), but usually that translates to warm weather usage as retaining the humidity from your body more than a 3 season tent would, which makes them feel hot and clammy in the summertime.
>>
>>1045717
When it comes to Hilleberg, the inner tent is detachable and you can get a mesh inner tent as an accessory.

Use the real deal during winters, and a mesh when it's warm. The outer tent is sturdy enough to keep water out anyway.
>>
>>1045732
...and it's possible to use just the mesh if you are in a desert or something.
>>
>>1045732
Good to know. That would make the tents really versatile if I wanted to drop a thousand dollars on a tent.

>>1045736
You can do that with most any tent, but I don't understand why any tent manufacturers advertise tents as having this "feature." If you camp directly under the stars without any barrier over you, then you'll wake up covered in dew, even on a clear night in the desert. Better not to test the DWR coating on a down sleeping bag if I don't have to.
>>
>>1045702
Because there are hot and humid places that get fucking cold during the winter. Normal temperatures here go from 115 F down to -10 F. That's with heat index and wind chill.
>>
>>1045752
I'd rather drop 1000 USD on a tent once than drop 100 USD on a tent once a year for 15 years.
>>
>>1046439
Yeah, well,
>once a year
is absolutely absurd. There's no way you've been going through a tent every year.
>>
File: 111.png (551KB, 718x627px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
551KB, 718x627px
Is this a decent deal? I'm thinking about dropping the $160 on the Lunar Duo but fug the color is ugly
>>
>>1046496
Call me an ultra light jerkoff but $10 extra for 600grams lighter seems like a great deal.
>>
>>1046500

I was also considering this. I like the aesthetic and the flexibility of the tarp on top. Though it's pretty great to have both flaps open on the lunar duo
>>
>>1046505
I don't have any experience with Sierra Designs at all so I don't how they perform, sorry. There's a huge market for tents which is great but also confusing, in the end you'll just have to decide what aspect of tenting is most important to you.
>>
>>1046439
>I'd rather drop 1000 USD on a tent once than drop 100 USD on a tent once a year for 15 years.
There are lots of quality tents in the $350-500 price range that should last just as long as a Hilleberg if you don't abuse them - and that goes for the Hillebergs too. At the end of the day, it's just nylon fabric and some floating embers from your campfire can put a hole in the rainfly if you're not careful.
>>
>>1046496
The Hubba Hubba is an excellent tent that sells for $400 when new. So yea, that's a great deal.
>>
Hey guys, so speaking of hilleberg I'm going to be likely buying a Niak 2.
One of the main reasons is because the rainfly connects to the inner tent while setting up in the rain without needing to put the footprint or the inner mesh like most other tents.

I know the MSR Hubba NX can do that, albeit needing the footprint, & being less durable & can't handle too much higher mountain winds.

Money isn't too big of an issue for a shelter but it'd be nice not to drop $750 on a shelter. I want this tent to sub 5 lbs altogether.

Do you guys know of any tent that fits that criteria?
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.