[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Instead of debating this on /x/, I figured I should ask the experts.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 25

File: 1497031578561.jpg (71KB, 625x440px) Image search: [Google]
1497031578561.jpg
71KB, 625x440px
Instead of debating this on /x/, I figured I should ask the experts.

You guys are out in the woods doing something all the time.

Have you ever seen a sasquatch?

Can you tell the story please?
>>
No, I´m not American
And i´m not delusional
>>
Bigfoot is literally just a hairy human
>>
File: bigfoot_close_up.jpg (13KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot_close_up.jpg
13KB, 600x398px
>>1034781
hes real
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>1034802
more proof
>>
>>1034803
>>
>>1034799
Can confirm. I've been mistaken for Bigfoot in real life. I tell that story in every one of these threads, though, so I won't bother.
>>
File: how to out.png (50KB, 778x778px) Image search: [Google]
how to out.png
50KB, 778x778px
>>1034781
>>
>>1034781
Bitch I am bigfoot.

In other news, I did get to watch an escaped orangutan get tranq'd and captured once. Not really sure where he escaped from but it was hilarious.
>>
File: 1350627640858.png (27KB, 829x829px) Image search: [Google]
1350627640858.png
27KB, 829x829px
>>1034937
>>
File: 1470556971069.png (627KB, 1420x764px) Image search: [Google]
1470556971069.png
627KB, 1420x764px
>>
>Bigfoot lives
With my sister in law and her babbys. Don't even need to go innawoods to see and smell that bitch
>>
>>1034781
never seen anything, but i have heard some pretty hard to explain noises. we were camping at kentucky lake and our spot was right by the water. it was maybe 11pm and we were chilling by the fire when we heard the sound of rocks hitting other rocks coming from the shore opposite us(we were on like a maybe 200yd wide strip of the lake with open water to the left of us). it was unmistakably the sound of a big heavy rock impacting another big rock. there were no campsites in that area and no flashlights or anything. we just kind of laughed it off at the time, but its stuck with me in the back of my mind.
>>
I don't know what to think about this guy, his vids are pretty out there, seems sincere but nutty as fuck, but I guess you'd sound pretty nutty trying to convince people the stuff he claims happened actually happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdw1KSkO1tI
>>
No, but I saw a literal monkey swinging around in the trees while backpacking a few years back. One of the cute smaller types. I live in rural British Columbia. There aren't supposed to be any monkeys here.
>>
>>1034960
wasn't skwuatch, was walker
>>
>>1034781
Amazing how he hasn't been spotted in the age of 4k
>>
I've never seen a 'squatch, but 10 or 15 years ago a tiny reserve 20 minutes down the road claimed a sasquatch with white hair was raising hell in the rez. Personally, I don't believe them because they all have guns and at least one of them would have been drunk enough to shoot it.

I don't discount cryptids entirely, though. You hear about a lot of weirder shit in rural communities.
>>
>>1035032
holy shit, seriously?
>>
How to convince people that bigfoot exists:

1. Buy a camera with half-decent auto-focus
2. Take a picture (in focus!)
3. Post the picture

If you really want to convince the skeptics, you could even take more than 1 in-focus picture, or better yet, find someone else to take their own in-focus picture.
>>
>>1034959
Feelsbadman.
>>
>>1035032
Where in BC are you? My friend reckons he saw them twice in his life: once on the island on the way to Tofino and the other in Manning Park
>>
>>1035201
Where did your buddy see them? I know that the Great Bear forest is technically a temperate rain-forest, so that could serve as a pretty good habitat for monkeys if some were to escape from a zoo or something.
>>
>>1035058
>>1035147
This

Everybody has a high def camera in their pocket these days. 20-30 years ago, the chances of the thing existing and being good at hiding were much higher.
>>
>>1034966
>kentucky

It was meth heads.
>>
>>1034960
>was walker
Texas ranger?
>>
>>1034966
>we were camping at kentucky lake
Beaver tail slaps on the water?
>>
>>1034804
He's wearing a backpack.
>>
>>1034960
A Frenchman.
>>
File: 1994-2014 Bigfoot Sightings.png (431KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
1994-2014 Bigfoot Sightings.png
431KB, 1000x773px
>>1034966
had the same thing with a big rock sound after something rubbed my tent. the 6 oclock and 9 oclock side of tent was unaccessible, 12 oclock side was facing my lamp hung on the tree for late night pissing light. 3 oclock side of tent was on creek bank 4-5 feet above creek. texsport dome tent.

another time had late night footsteps parellel trail and campsite(off trail, no lights, in treacherous ravine. people die in this park very year falling down cliff s or ravines.(red river gorge, ky)

the last time i was there a log was thrown or a tree was pushed over in a calm sunny morning.

visit kentuckybigfoot.com
>>
>>1034802
Let this be ironic plz.
>>
>>1034960
>Using a 4chan post as evidence....
>>
Well I've been fucking around in the woods for 20+ years and I once saw a hairy russian guy, so there's that.
>>
>>1035518
How did you know he was Russian?
>>
>>1035590
Because I'm Estonian and Russian guys roam the woods here, speaking strange tongues
>>
>>1035118
Yeah, dead serious. Conditions were good and it was clear as day. He was fairly close to my camp and I stared at him for a good few minutes. Looked just like "Marcel" from Friends.

>>1035201
Oddly enough, I was actually very close to Manning Park when this happened. I was camping south east of Manning near the American border. Nearest town being Princeton.

I figure the ONLY explanation is that someone's pet escaped and had traveled for a few days to get there.
>>
>>1035604
Were you camping on crown land then? Did you need a 4x4 to get into it?Looking at the map now and seems like nothings around
>>
>>1035309
nope, big ass rocks being thrown/dropped
>>
File: boulder push.webm (3MB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
boulder push.webm
3MB, 940x529px
>>1035649
Do you live near me?
>>
File: 1477754083937.jpg (50KB, 875x474px) Image search: [Google]
1477754083937.jpg
50KB, 875x474px
>>1035502
all i did was post a screencap which i said literally zero things about, most of all NOT 'this is proofs'
what kind sad place were you in during the time of posting? A place so sad that your only relief was your strange, petty post.
>>
>>1034781
Most Bigfoot sightings are just misidentified black bears
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2699.2009.02152.x/full
>>
>>1035036
Walker is a meme created for retards... If I were to humor you, I'd simply explain how the shit that happened to this guy doesn't go with the skin-walker lore at all... Try talking about shit that you have half a clue about.
>>
>>1034960
this was proven fake a long time ago. OP's post of the fucked up chest was actually an image from a bodybuilding forum where the guy wrecked himself lifting too much.
>>
>>1035622
Yes, crown land. I avoid parks and established trails due to the heavy use.

Access to this region is via old forestry roads coming west out of Keremeos. They are mostly decommissioned. 4x4 is absolutely required and these trails are not stock friendly. I take my truck as far as I can go, and then head out on foot. During my encounter I was scouting for potential hunting locations and I was about a day's hike in following a small river / creek. There are no man made hiking trails in the area and it is unused land as far as I can tell.

No idea where the monkey came from. Locals suggested it may have been a possum, but I got a good look at it. Definitely a monkey. Long arms and hanging from branches. Cute face.
>>
File: 1496994964368.gif (82KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1496994964368.gif
82KB, 300x200px
>>1035691
WOW
you must be an expert, BRAVO
you should contact wildlife biologist Dr. Bindernagel and tell him he's wasted 50 years of his life.
https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep332-dr-john-bindernagel/
>>
>>1034781
Unless they turn to dust the second they die, we'd have fossil records by now.
>>
File: img-thing_out.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing_out.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>1035860
>you should contact wildlife biologist Dr. Bindernagel and tell him he's wasted 50 years of his life.
well, somebody should
>>
File: MAHBEER.jpg (111KB, 634x477px) Image search: [Google]
MAHBEER.jpg
111KB, 634x477px
>>1035927
Fossils are a pretty weird thing tho. For instance, the fossil record for gorillas is about 9 teeth, and a single jaw bone for chimps. Apes seem to leave a dramatically smaller biological footprint than other animals for whatever reason. I forget exactly what number it was, but it's something like one fossil for every 250,000 individuals for normal animals, so we're looking at a much bigger number for apes.
>>
>>1035860
>cherrypicking the one weirdo out of thousands because they reinforce your retarded ideas
There are crackpots in any field
>>
>>1034783
>implying the yeti only lives in America
>>
>>1035763
Interesting anon. I got in touch with my friend yesterday, he said that he had pulled over to take a pee and water break and saw it just as he was about to depart again. Definitely something to look for, if it even survived
>>
Canadian Monkey anon reminds me that a few years back there was another anon that found and got pics of a capuchin monkey partway up a fir tree in the Olympic Peninsula.

The speculation was that someone had bought a cute baby monkey as a pet and then dumped it once grew into its hell-beast adult form.
>>
>>1036043
Most apes live in the tropics. Things don't fossilize well in much of the tropics because heat and humidity lead to high rates of decay. Contrast forest-dwelling primates with primates that occupy drier spots or more northern latitudes and all of a sudden there's a long fossil record.

The best conditions for fossilization are areas where a dead body can be quickly covered by mud, sand, or ash. That's why fossil-rich regions tend to be areas like the shores of ancient seas, places on the lee side of old mountain ranges, and near extinct volcanoes.

Stuff that lives and dies in tropical forests is just going to rot or get scavenged.
>>
>>1034781

I have spent my entire adult life working in the deep woods of the PNW

Never ever did I see, smell or hear anything that would even remotely suggest any possible evidence of a "Bigfoot" type of creature.
>>
>>1036300
Fair point, but is this not also true of northern forests Forest dwelling animals decompose at an amazing rate in my experience, being as forests tend to be fairly dark, damp environments with high numbers of scavenger animals and fungus. Basically the only bones I tend to find while /out/ are from deer. Never found bones from a bear or anything.
>>
>>1036324
Logger? Forester? Wildlife technician?
>>
>>1036300
I understand what you are saying but technically the tropics refers to anything within the tropics of cancer on both sides of the Equator. There are plenty of very arid regions within the tropics.
>>
File: IMG_4653.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4653.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1036324
I work in the woods and I've seen bears standing on their hind legs, people wearing dark clothes off trail, and stumpsquatches where I went "holy shit it's a Bigfo..oh wait". I've smelled skunk cabbage and forest debris composting where I went "holy shit it's a Bigfo..oh wait". I've heard wolves make the "Bigfoot ohio howl", I've heard bears make "ooh ooh ooh" sounds (see Les Straud). I've heard ravens and Great Blue Heron make all kinds of weird noises. I've heard beaver slap their tails on ponds (wood knocks) and I've also heard trees fall. I've heard spruce trees make real loud cracking noises which is caused by sap freezing and contracting and in most of those cases I went "holy shit it's a Bigfo..oh wait"

You sir have never been in the woods.
>>
>>1035750

lmao @ people who get mad about the term skinwalkers being misused
>>
File: 1484828900413.jpg (332KB, 634x357px) Image search: [Google]
1484828900413.jpg
332KB, 634x357px
>>1036324
That is true most likely true, certainly after so many years of myths and legend someone would have found physical evidence if they existed. I agree that some species can be very elusive, but not even a single bone ? That's extremely unlikely.

Also keep in mind that they would require a certain population in order to reproduce and survive.
>>
>>1036471

Skinwalkers are a completely fictional critter based on its abilities. Definitely Indian mumbo jumbo.

Bigfoot at least has some semblance of reality to its biology.
>>
>>1036482
>but not even a single bone ? That's extremely unlikely.

If they inhabit forests, I wouldn't expect bones to be found or they're misidentified. The woods eat everything up in short order.

Sightings would be your most likely evidence.

A lack of hard video footage is what points to their likely non-existence.
>>
File: IMG_8115.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8115.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>1036484
Plz go.
>>
>>1036484
t. skinwalker
>>
More and more I feel like if Bigfoot is real then he's probably not a real animal. In a completely bizarre way it makes more sense for him to be an ET or some kind of supernatural creature than for me to believe he's an unidentified primate in North America.
>>
>>1036418
didn't say i never heard or saw "anything"
I just said i never saw or heard anything that made me think "bigfoot"

there's a difference.

Of course I've seen, smelled and heard all kinds of shit in the woods. all manner of natural and known species of animal, bird, fish, tree, stump and plant.

fuck that should have been obvious from my post.

Yes I've seen many interesting and sometimes odd or surprising things. but i'm used to it all and not so easily spooked or superstitious as you seem to be
>>
>>1036393

Done it all at one time or another. they end up being somewhat related occupations after awhile since it all falls under forest & natural resource management.

Seen lots of shit. too many things to even start listing here. suffice it to say. i can only repeat that of all the things i experienced, none of them made me think "bigfoot"
>>
>>1036671
This is what I think now. I used to think it was like 50/50 whether or not it existed, but now with all the camera phones and ever-expanding urban areas, it's more like a 5% chance the thing exists. And if it does, it's most likely something beyond just a regular primate. I understand they're still finding new species of beetles in Borneo, but this is a 7' tall ape supposedly all over the US and Canada.
>>
File: fdzghrdhhrzd.png (413KB, 1109x1806px) Image search: [Google]
fdzghrdhhrzd.png
413KB, 1109x1806px
>>
>>1036758
For sure, I'm marking timber in the U.P. this summer, but this is only my second season outdoors.
>>
>>1037007
congratulations on that.

Its definitely a great experience, being in the woods all day everyday, hiking through places maybe no one has ever been before.
Some people it takes awhile to learn how to even walk in the woods. some people never can, they just trip over everything all day, fall down alot and cry because there's no trails and they have to climb over or crouch under things, push and fight your way through the underbrush to move along.
It's a skill all in itself, keeping an eye on where your walking, carefully but quickly choosing your steps, and also making sure you don't walk into a branch at eye level and get jabbed in the face or something.

but you can for sure see some cool stuff out there, keeps you in shape too, being able to crawl up and down mountains through the timber all day gives you good endurance.
After I got used to working in the woods, I was way better at orienteering, reading maps, and reading the terrain.

Using tools like axes, chainsaws and machetes is a special skill too. and when you get fatigued, it can be easy to lose control of your tool, have to be extra cautious during those times or you could hurt yourself or someone else.

But its all great work if your on with a good crew.
>>
Bears standing up and in various shades of light, distances and concealment, look just like a large hairy humanoid.
>>
I thought I did once but it was just your mom walking home from the store
>>
>>1035657
thanks for the pic/story you uploaded, made me giggle myself, thanks
>>
It's 2017. If we haven't captured any UFOs, Bigfoot, paranormal activity, none of it is real. We have fucking cameras everywhere. Nothing yet. I doubt anything exists.
>>
File: bear-areas-map.png (706KB, 1602x838px) Image search: [Google]
bear-areas-map.png
706KB, 1602x838px
>>1035691
>>1037158

>lel

whatever helps you sleep at night anon...
>>
>>1039188
Your picture doesn't disprove his post but I wouldn't leave it to a bigfoot supporter to realize that.
>>
>>1039188
>no polar bears in Alaska
ok...
>>
>>1039199
It clearly shows Polar Bears in Alaska.
>>
>>1039188
>Major correlation with legal weed and places known for idiocy

Texas is that high on the list because the "Bigfoot Research Center" is based in Nacogdoches. So it's a high concentration of particularly determined idiots.

And somehow Mississippi and West Virginia were smart enough to stay out of the top 10.
>>
>>1039366
>Mississippi and West Virginia
They just favor a different kind of idiocy (UFOs, skunk apes and Jesus)
>>
>>1039530
Are skunk apes not the same thing as bigfoot?
>>
File: Sarasota Ape.jpg (23KB, 302x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sarasota Ape.jpg
23KB, 302x400px
>>1039558
Smaller, and more prone to move on all fours.
>>
Reminder that Eastern and Western Sasquatch are very different animals.
http://frontiersofzoology.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/commentary-on-adaptive-radiations-bushy.html
>>
>>1039558
The "Skunk Ape", as far as the one being from Florida, I think may have been confirmed as a real ape that escaped from a zoo or was a pet and it survived in the wild with the warm weather.

>>1038442
The paranormal thing actually has been more compelling with new technology. That show "Ghost Adventures" on Travel Channel has caught a lot of unexplainable stuff. And while the main dude is a tool, they try to remain objective unless it's really something unexplainable. And a couple years back, one of the 3 main guys left the show and they had their two sound and video guys fill in. Those AV guys were complete skeptics in the beginning and they have both totally changed.

I just think there's some stuff science hasn't explained yet. But Bigfoot as a normal animal in the US? Probably not.
>>
File: ayy for reals.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ayy for reals.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>1039644
I'd definitely agree that if bigfoot is a real thing, it's not a normal animal. There does seem to be some similarities between ape behavior and bigfoot behavior though. For instance, the Myakka skunk ape photos display a classic primate reaction to being surprised. This video sums it up pretty good if you have 20 minutes to spare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jndA857AkU4
>inb4 youtube shill
>>
File: 20170616_110704.png (646KB, 507x826px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_110704.png
646KB, 507x826px
>>1034781
Yeah. Mine lives with me. His name is Timothy and he looks after my guns while I'm at work.
>>
>>1034940
AHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1039685
This is my favorite thing ever.
>>
File: Z7HeRxU.png (361KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Z7HeRxU.png
361KB, 512x512px
>>1035930
He's doing what he likes. Probably gives him a kick, why pop the bubble?
>>
File: never again. .jpg (97KB, 1182x787px) Image search: [Google]
never again. .jpg
97KB, 1182x787px
>>1034781
more proof, i took this when i was camping in B.C.
A whole heard of them ran through my camp, they got a hold of most my friends, i was the only one who managed to get out alive. I'm lucky i got a picture while i was running backwards. I am willing to take any of you anon to the place for the right amount of money.
>>
>>1035351
Fuck, they're learning. At this rate they'll be backpacking Europe in 2 years
>>
>>1036418
All of this is a lie...
>>
>>1036486
The Smithsonian destroyed over 1000 over-sized skeletons in the early 1900's... Look it up.
>>
>>1039685
>Rock Island 1911
>Lower receiver with magazine and Magpul
>Savage Axis stainless (mossy oak)
>Mossberg 835
>Marlin lever action
>Keymod AR
>High Point
>Fucking High Point
>Road flare on walking stick meme
>Short ass bent walking stick

You disgust me.
>>
>>1039188
>polar bears literally fucking everywhere in the midwest, south, and west
Not sure about this map...
>>
>>1035147
How easy! And how wrong.
Actually you couldn't take a pic of a fucking deer:
1. you notice it
2. grab camera/phone
3. target the deer in the bush
4. it's gone before you could take the pic
One need to creep on those animals with camera ready or bait them to keep stationary. But even for that you need to know where you can find your prey and in case of bigfoot you cannot know it can happen only by accident to come across one.
>>
>>1039916
Human giants, not ape-men.
>>
I have family that have encountered them in Utah, (one killed a bunch of sheep. Tore their legs off), but I've never encountered one myself. I've looked at the evidence, and while some is hoaxed, (Ivan Marx), some looks legit. The PG film looks legit: you can't fake joint positioning, and the proportions aren't right. Also, the Trent Vocalizations are grade A spoopy.
>>
Sasquatch Yetis and UFOs were all killed off by the secret CIA plot to include camera technology in readily available mobile telephone devices.
>poof
The minute every retard had a simple and always convenient camera that didn't just produce fuzzy out of focus pictures, they instantly all evaporated .
>>
>>1036418
Upvote!
>>
File: DSCN1999.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1999.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>1039955
>Actually you couldn't take a pic of a fucking deer

Oh really?
>>
>>1040005
It's probably a guy in a monkey suit or some swamp gas. For real tho, nice pic.
>>
>>1040005
>>1040041

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVAIliCnNTY
>>
>>1035750
Are you such a fucking autist that you can't even ignore a shitty joke? Christ, no wonder you're here. I'd go cash money that at least half of you fucking mongoloids on this board lack the skills to survive in a modern society. Just put the phone down, go in the woods, and stay there. Fucking socially retarded robot.
>>
>>1040005
the fuck weird ass bigfoot are these?
>>
>>1040479
Those are Bigfoot's lesser-known cousins, Spiky-headed Littlefeet.
>>
>>1035030

I worry about anyone who watches this video and is even slightly convinced.
>>
File: m merchant.jpg (29KB, 285x260px) Image search: [Google]
m merchant.jpg
29KB, 285x260px
>>1035030
I wouldn't trust that guy. You know you've gone off the deep end when Michael "Sentient fourth-dimensional shamanistic plant aliens" Merchant says you're full of crap.
>>
>>1039644
>That show "Ghost Adventures" on Travel Channel
The last episode they did from yesterday they went to Skin Walker Valley in New Mexico. Kinda creepy.
>>
>>1035596
>speaking strange tongues
you mean russian?
>>
>>1035860
Wow I genuinely feel bad for Dr. Bindernagel now
>>
>>1039947
The color difference is subtle but you're seeing something that's not there
>>
>>1036758
>Seen lots of shit. too many things to even start listing here

Need. To. Hear.
>>
>>1039685
>posting your own embarrassing snapchat picture
you should kill yourself
>>
>>1041055
Thugsquatch is the life of this thread. If you don't like it, you can leave.
>>
>>1041058
>Do you even America bro!????
>thug
>>
>>1041059
His pants sag down to his butt and he's got a red bandana around his head. Thugsquatch.
>>
>>1041029
https://sasquatchchronicles.com/wildlife-biologist-told-to-stop-looking-into-sasquatch/
>>
>>1034781
I have and I don't want to talk about it.
>>
>>1034781
>Have you ever seen a sasquatch?
yes we waved at it and it waved back. i'm not a 100% sure it was not a wookie tho.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.