[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did four nights in the Maze last month. It was short, but one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: mazeoverlook.jpg (83KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mazeoverlook.jpg
83KB, 960x540px
I did four nights in the Maze last month. It was short, but one of the best trips of my life. I've never been anywhere quite so isolated. Saw some really cool petroglyphs, including an unmarked set. Saw the confluence of the Green and Colorado from the canyon rim and bathed at Spanish bottom. Holy shit, what an amazing place. I need to stay longer next time. Anyone been there before?
>>
>>1033696

I really envy you OP. Been to Utah many times, but never to the Maze. What route did you take to get there and how rough was it? Let's see some pics.
>>
File: nearoverlook.jpg (103KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nearoverlook.jpg
103KB, 960x540px
>>1033774
It really wasn't rough at all.

Setting out from Denver, it took us about 11 hours to get to the Maze Overlook. We drove my brothers car, a Toyota with enough clearance and 4-low, but not at all meant for that kind of thing. From Hans Flat to the overlook alone was about four hours on the way down, but we made some stops at nice spots. The hike down from the overlook has a few technical spots. I could see why one might bring a rope, to lower packs if for no other reason, but we did not. One of us (party of four) was very cautious so it took us a little over an hour to get down. If it was just me, I probably could have done it in close to half that. After that, you're in the main wash and so it's all flat, of course. But beware: a lot of people hate to walk in sand and everyone does after a day or two.
>>
File: lowspire.jpg (90KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
lowspire.jpg
90KB, 960x540px
>>1033859
As you can see, it was really wet. Ground water popping up pretty regularly throughout the great wash. Great tasting stuff, too. We found a great camp site in a small dead-end canyon a short walk from the great wash. I should also add, we packed a shit ton of alcohol and marijuana. Too much, if you ask me, but my brothers were keen.

The place really is a maze. While I never felt lost as I could always backtrack, we did not take the way to the river we intended. What's more, we didn't realize we were false till many hours in. Very easy to waste (not really waste) hours and hours going up dead-end canyons.

The place is crawling with lizards crawling through the cryptobiotic soil. We saw the same group of four deer three days in a row.
>>
>>1033859
>>1033864
Looks awesome. Would you go back?
>>
Post more pics to prove you're not a fag OP.

Seriously, I love me some nice /out/ pics.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.