[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you guys just join the military? All the milsurp,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3045.png (251KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3045.png
251KB, 640x1136px
Why don't you guys just join the military? All the milsurp, ropes, MREs and knives you want to play with. And you get paid for it. Since this whole board seems to be about gushing over military gear why not just cut to the chase?
>>
>>1033414
Because 4chan is full of the mentally ill, underage, or morbidly obese people of the world.
>>
>>1033414
I can tell you've never spent any time around an actual military.
>>
>>1033414
I like ropes and knives but thats about it.
I like going into desolate nature because I feel free and I love that feel. It helps me escape from society which often discourages individualism.

The military is like society times 10.
No deal.
>>
>>1033414
You left out getting shot at by goat humpers. Minor detail.
>>
Get fucked, ultralight scum.
>>
>>1033414
Because being in the military for real fucking sucks anon, I spent years in the Army as an Infantryman
You don't really camp and chill and shoot guns, 99% of your time is spent doing stupid bullshit because an Army requires a lot more work than 'hurr go live in these woods'
>>
>>1033414
>don't ya want to sell your soul to fight in a banker's war for some cheap toys?
>>
>>1033414
>wanting to spend time get lectured on rape and other useless stuff instead of going /out/
weeewwww

>>1033435
2017 internet isn't the same as early 2000s, even here in this macedonian pig raising forum I would say that most of us are just your average normie guy who just wants a platform to talk shit and chill.
>>
>>1033436
From the propaganda you'd think they jump out of planes and run through mud 24/7
>>
Because being soldier is for poor people.
>>
>>1033414
Milfag here. You will not get to go into the woods and do what you want. Its bullshit work for self centered assholes in positions of rank(power).

We put up with it to get our VA benefits. Unsurprisingly, we'll get fucked there too.
>>
did you actually screenshot a picture instead of posting it
>>
>>1033534
As a person currently getting fucked by the VA, I second this.

For nine years, they've been telling me the severe pain I feel whenever I spend long hours in the same position (sitting or standing) is completely psychological. Which mean that I get absolutely nothing in compensation for my service-related injury, and I can't earn my own money because no one will hire someone who needs to be able to leave whenever a pain flareup happens.

Seriously, joining the military is putting your entire life and future at risk for an organization that will one day look at you and say "Oh, you're useless to us now? Guess you're on your own."
>>
>>1033414
This is either bait or just an idiot who has never even been NEAR an actual military base.
>>
Fellow former milfag.
Just joined va.
Is it that bad?
My doc seems ok but i have only had my first physical so far.
>>
>>1033700
One doctor repeatedly told me that he couldn't find a problem with my leg (which was my service connected injury!), another prescribed a med that could have killed me because of how it interacted with something else I was taking. Luckily for me, I have a background in neurochem, so I knew better.

Google EVERYTHING before you listen to those medschool rejects.
>>
>>1033414

I really wanted to go in for a couple of years after high school anon. Fitness, shooting, heaps of /out, lots of awesome gear and skills.

Unfortunately I've got bad kidneys. Won't even let me in the reserves, even though I've had a transplant. But life goes on and I'm happy with my current job.
>>
>>1033414
Because most /out/ists would rather LARP soldiers, pioneers, and warriors of the wasteland
>>
If you're Canadian you can join the Canadian Rangers and it's pretty much what op described. The best part is you're barely in the military so you don't have to clean rocks while you're waiting for merchants to decide on the next war.
>>
>>1033414

I don't like imperialism.
>>
Sign your life over for 4 years, no thanks. Also it's hard to have a stable family in the military.
>>
>>1033499
>2017 internet isn't the same as early 2000s, even here in this macedonian pig raising forum I would say that most of us are just your average normie guy who just wants a platform to talk shit and chill.

This desu
This lowly Sudanese sand castle making forum has actually evolved quite a lot in the last 15 years now. It's packed with normies. The NEETs and shit that 4chan was once famous for have gone deeper into the web.

>>1033414
>gushing over military gear
Not sure what threads you've been in, but most people I see talk about how milsurp stuff is shit unless you're a poorfag because it's just made by the lowest bidder. If you want quality, you go and buy proper shit. No one here with milsurp has milsurp because they like, but because they don't want to drop $350 on a jacket
>>
>>1033534
>>1033667
Isn't it just regional really? I took my grandad to the one in little rock several times when he was older. To my understanding he went there most of the time. He lived to 94 after getting shot down by Jerry, broken back, and broken legs.

I also know some bad things going on at other VAs. I met a vet that had terrible shoulder ans back injuries. He was getting 160mg of oxycontin daily from a doc at a VA. That's an insane amount. He even said the doc showed him how to inject it intravenously.
>>
>>1033534
>>1033667
Not trying to be edgy or something but what did you expected? And don't say you enlisted to make your homeland safer. When I was 18 I had all my paperwork ready, but despite being pretty stupid at the time, which I still am, I decided to tell the army to fuck off. Unless your country is fighting its neighbor or being invaded there's literally no point in war. It's sad and people get mad because of it but it's just fighting and dying for corporate and politic interests.
That being said I have nothing against vets, mostly just didn't knew better.
>>
>>1033414
>Why don't you guys just join the military?
it's boring. sometimes painful and a bit humiliating, but mostly boring.
>>
>>1033414
umm because I don't like being told to do and enjoy going out to get away from society and other people?

because i don't want to kill people?

because reasons?
>>
>>1033860
Competency varies from region to region of course, even from doctor to doctor, but the universal policy is to screw over the vet in order to keep as much money in the system as possible.

>>1033866
Should I have realized that the government is not to be trusted? Sure. But I was young and naive and thought that I needed to be taught how to be a man; after seeing what that means to most people, I'm glad I got out when I did.
>>
>>1033883
so is neet life

idc about zog or muh unjust wars
also im a masochist so i might go 11b
>>
>>1033924
spoken like a true retard.
>>
>>1033924
theres actually zero difference between good & bad things. you imbecile. you fucking moron
>>
File: CF_bw3705-1280x500.jpg (283KB, 1280x500px) Image search: [Google]
CF_bw3705-1280x500.jpg
283KB, 1280x500px
>>1033414
I grew up in a pacifist household, towards the end of the Vietnam era, so I did not want to join the military to be a fascist tool. Also, I probably cannot function within a strict hierarchical command structure. I see people as just people, regardless of rank. I would make the mistake of forgetting to salute, or talking to the CO as if he's just another person.

And I've never been able to do more than one push-up, but I used to be able to walk 25 miles in a day. Physical humiliation by some loudmouthed drill instructor would cause me to go 5150 and lose it. The documentaries about joining the military were enough to turn me off right then and there. Flashbacks to my psycho first-grade teacher.

Fortunately my dad got me into hiking and backpacking, basic navigation and survival skills, many many years ago. Nowadays all my out trips are solo or with one of my sons, as my wife lost interest in sleeping on the ground as soon as we were married. I am into solo trips because other people, pets, and all that stuff are a distraction from being in the "wilderness" zone, only the sights, sounds and smells of wherever I am.

Read Colin Fletcher's books. He was a WWII Royal Marine, Hiked California's backbone in 1958 (The Thousand Mile Summer) and was a strictly solo hiker. Wartime experience, seeing friends killed, etc, made him a recluse, more or less. Later we learn that it was his fiance who drove him to the start of that California walk, and when he was through, there was no way he was going to get married. ("River," his last book) I should have done something like that. (pic related, Fletcher in '58, Mono Lake in the background)

Tl;dr: Joining the military, forced marches with a hundred other smelly guys is, to me, the exact opposite of an /out/ experience.
>>
>>1033702
I second this. My grandfather got a blood transfusion back in like 2000 at the VA and those fucks infected him with hepatitis. Incompentency at the highest level.
>>
File: 1489586431216.jpg (53KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
1489586431216.jpg
53KB, 564x423px
>>1033940
>>1033939
lol i knew that would snatch a few

pic related you two
>>
>>1033436
I sure do love computer based trainings telling me how to use fire extinguishers and how to not rape people.
>>
>>1033414
declared unfit to serve due to severe disdain for plebs
>>
>>1033414
>being a cannon fodder for your stupid government
no thanks faggot I like my life and freedom
>>
>>1033414
Because I spend more time /out/ working for the NPS and the Fish and Wildlife Service with slightly less bullshit to deal with.
>>
>>1033414
Like most things, the quickest way to ruin something good is to involve the government.
>>
>>1033866
Well I enlisted like a month after 9/11 so I did it for revenge.

And I got my revenge, in my mind. Killed or assisted in killing a lot of muzzies.

Wasn't the right thing to do but I was young and angry.
>>
Because it's bureaucratic bullshit where you go fight a cause that may or may not be real. The only exception to this is non-invasive humanitarian efforts abroad and at home. You should do what you want to do. Them paying for college isn't bad though senpai.
>>
>>1033857

>needs gone deeper

Where to though? I've often wondered where all the oldfags scuttled off to.
>>
>>1033857

>$350 on a jacket

That's the thing, I'm not a poorfag but prices like that are just batshit stupid. I could be convinced to spend $150 to 200 for something great, but 350 is stupid unless you're talking about trekking through Russia on foot during winter.
>>
>>1033414
I don't wanna die for Israel
>>
>>1033766
>so you don't have to clean rocks
what about white-washing?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.