[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on these boots or 5.11 footwear in general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: FW336_330_1.jpg (24KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
FW336_330_1.jpg
24KB, 330x330px
What are your thoughts on these boots or 5.11 footwear in general?

Pic is 5.11 8" Taclite Duty Boots
>>
quite expensive for something meant to be dragged on the ground in mud and all kind of yucky shit
>>
>>1032323
These boots were actually made for dry, arid places. They're also not that expensive. I could get them for $100 which is just $20 than casual sneakers at the mall
>>
Cheaply made

Buy real boots
>>
>>1032319
Most lightweight commercial tactical boots aren't ment for /out/ activities and they will not hold up as well as a good hiking or hunting boot would. Most of 5.11's boots are ment for cops and security guards that are working on paved roads and sidewalks. If you're looking for a tactcool boot that will hold up to being /out/ your best bet is to buy boots that are actually used in the military. Although You'll find that they're often overkill for weekend warrior shit and too heavy for most people for any serious backpacking. They're ment to be rugged and all purpose and their weight is proof of that. RAT boots for example are fucking bomb proof but I would absolutely rather take my Keens or Irish Setters on a week long trip. You won't be kicking down doors while /out/ so leave the unnecessarily heavy boots at home.
>>
I'm a paramedic who has a pair of these and a pair of Danners

The good:
5.11 customer service is great

The bad:
My first pair was too narrow in the toe box

The side zip doesn't open up the boot wide enough to really get your foot in; so you'll have to unlace them anyways

On my first pair the side zip on one blew out at the stitching in less than 8 months of wear. Replaced for free; that pair was the same size but the toe box was better fitting.

There is no tab on the back to help pull it onto your foot; combined with the narrow sizing it makes it a real pain to put on

You really feel the rise in height the sole gives; kinda offputting- adds a half inch under you

I don't wear 5.11s anymore.

My next pair will probably be a pair of nice breathable underarmor or converse boot.
>>
>>1032381
*5.11 ATACs

Either way; 5:11 boots aren't that great. Wouldn't pay more than $40-50 for them and would sooner pay more for something better.

Also don't ever get side zip boots.
>>
>>1032381
This pair doesn't have a side zipper but I see your point, thanks
>>
5.11 is a meme brand much like Grunt Style for basically exclusively for reservists to wear so people say 'omg wow are you in the military'.

[spoiler]I have 5.11 jacket, fleece, and a pair of their pants because it was all stupid cheap on govx[/spoiler]
>>
File: IMG_2373.jpg (89KB, 753x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2373.jpg
89KB, 753x356px
>>1032377
This desu. I love My issued Belleville boots and would even go hiking in them even though they are steel toed. That's only because I've had to ruck around and do field work in them so much that I'm just used to the extra weight
>>
>>1032908
5.11 has some real nice clothing and doesn't have obnoxious branding.
>>
Ive got a pair of 5.11 boots, love them, they're comfy, they look cool, theyve held up to being worn on long shifts.

They also fucked up my feet. Ever since I switched back to hi-tecs the pain I had developed in the front of my left foot has disappeared and my ankle pain has decreased.

Great boots, but not if you plan to actually wear them a lot.

Maybe your experience will be different.
>>
I'll second the don't get the zipper remark. I'd still be wearing my old danners if the zipper wasn't fucked.
>>
My thoughts is my Wellco ICB from 2009 is still going strong.
>>
>>1032381
You're saying you're a medic and you don't own Redbacks?
Yeah...
I don't believe you.
>>
Medic here as well.

Just bought a pair of 5.11 evo boots.

They're the worst boots I've ever owned.

In the store they felt ok. I needed boots NOW so I got them to finish my shift. My old work boots had blown out the zipper mid shift, so I got the 5.11 boots.

After 10 minutes of walking my heels ached. No matter how much I loosened the kaces, they kept constricting my feet. They just feel awful, and are terrible.

I thought maybe I'll break them in and they will loosen up. Nope. Been a week and they feel even worse.

Here's the best part. My SECOND day wearing them the tab on the back of the boot to assist putting the boots on... it ripped clean off tearing the leather of the boot.

I wrote 5.11 TWICE and still no response 5 days later.
>>
File: 20170609_125325.jpg (919KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170609_125325.jpg
919KB, 3264x1836px
just get a pair of Red Wing or Red Wing Irish Settler Brand. Durable as fuck and their services are unbeatable. Only downside is that if you get steel toe they will be heavier, but they really make up for that with the comfort. The cheapest pair they have are about $120 ($150 for 8-inch) and can easily match the $300 price range for boots.

>pic related

My pair of 971s. Got them for my construction job. Set me back $200 but goddamn are they sexy and the service of the company unrivaled.
>>
File: 0-1001-belleville-790-desert-tan.jpg (78KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
0-1001-belleville-790-desert-tan.jpg
78KB, 1001x1001px
I just got Belleville 790s. Basically army boots but feel like hiking shoes with nice cushioning in the sole. Best part is that you can have them resoled.
>>
>>1035111
these look cool anon! can you take a pic of them on?
>>
File: 20170610_142500.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_142500.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1035263

Well, here are the ones I have.
>>
>>1035267
those look really nice!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.