[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trying to find an /out/ job >apply for a bunch of menial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: forestcrew2.jpg (685KB, 2174x1735px) Image search: [Google]
forestcrew2.jpg
685KB, 2174x1735px
>trying to find an /out/ job
>apply for a bunch of menial forestry jobs
>get no response
What am I doing wrong, friends?
>>
>work for small company non /out/ related
>bosses are good people and place has mostly military veterans
>boss lets me take off days whenever I want for fishing and camping trips
>even pays for my entry fees to tournaments when it's something for a good cause like proceeds go to military charities
>says he wants to restore my old bass boat this year for my Christmas bonus

Got the best of both worlds.
>>
>>1032100
its a foot in the door thing.
Try a conservation corps like SCA or something its shit pay and long shitty hours, but youll work with a lot of the federal and state cooperators and get good contacts.
>>
>>1032107
>when it's something for a good cause like proceeds go to military charities
c'mon now.
>>
>>1032100
Apply in person.
>>
>>1032100

Well you just called them menial. This is clearly just to satisfy your hobby interest in the outdoors. Employers don't want that.
>>
>>1032100
USFS jobs are not the same as forestry jobs btw.
>>
>>1032100
You doesn't have the qualification? I found out that forestry jobs really needs you to at least have a diploma/degree in the related field to at least be accepted for the interview.

Just like >>1032159 say, even if you think you have the passion to do it, it's just to satisfy your hobby of going outdoors.

The best thing to try is to get volunteering job first, or part time help with tree planting. Animal conservation works is also the same, no qualification, no chance, unless you do volunteer work.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.