[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm from the UK, but want to live off the land. Can I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Flag_of_Canada_(Pantone).svg.png (18KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Canada_(Pantone).svg.png
18KB, 1200x600px
I'm from the UK, but want to live off the land. Can I just move to the woods and hunt till I'm old? why would that not be possible? I've always wanted to do it. Why can't I
>>
Because you'll go crazy from isolation in the unlikely event that you don't starve to death first
>>
>>1031649
Trespassing and private land are huge problems. Lack of experience is another. Inconsistent food, possibility of disease, and lack of modern materials for cleaning, prepping, and safely consuming the animals you hunt are also problems. Getting good, clean water and safe plants to consume is also pretty hard. Overall, maintaining a healthy diet is the biggest problem for you; private land can be circumvented by finding a large enough area for you to have a dedicated living space and hunting ground, and a lack of experience will be overcome in time and with some practice and research in dealing with predators and the issue of safe food.

I wouldn't recommend it, but there are plenty of experiences you can read about in case you decide you want to.
>>
>>1031649
through-out history entire communities have starved to death and that's with them all knowing what they are doing

so go ahead and try it if you want to die
>>
>>1031649
There's plenty of crown land that's never been touched by a human where you could do that. Chances are you won't make it half a year without supplies from the normal world. Just surviving -40 to +40 temperatures is pretty brutal. Coming from the UK also puts you at a survival disadvantage too.
>>
>>1031649
Because there isn't enough wild land in the UK to support you, and you will not make it to Canada because you are a NEET
>>
File: 1456179315954.jpg (9KB, 319x159px) Image search: [Google]
1456179315954.jpg
9KB, 319x159px
>>1031649
>I'm from the UK
fuck off, we don't need any more of you
>>
>>1031856
>Coming from the UK also puts you at a survival disadvantage too.
In what regard? Are you speaking in terms of climate acclimation or cultural mentality?
>>
We're full
>>
Don't listen to these faggots OP. They likely live in the west and are stone stacking hippie weekend campers.

Find some land near a body of water. will be plenty of wildlife to consume during the warmer months, and if you have a way to get through the ice you can fish then too.

your biggest hurdle is going to be making a shelter with heating available for the winter. and then you have to worry about gathering enough wood to last you the winter. you don't want to be getting wood in the snow.

bring enough supplies to last the first winter and then the following spring you can work on farming.

good luck friend
>>
>>1032111
>>1034507
These. FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
>>
File: 1491772191333.jpg (52KB, 500x729px) Image search: [Google]
1491772191333.jpg
52KB, 500x729px
>>1031649
You can, if you are white. We have enough immigrants already, as previous anon mentionned. That being said, if you want to be realistic you are going to purchase some land and build some sort of cabin, otherwise you will never survive the winter. Temperature can drop below -50 in january, that also means that you need to chop a lot of wood.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.