[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone grow bamboo for screening purposes? How safe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: bamboo-control-combination.gif (32KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
bamboo-control-combination.gif
32KB, 400x372px
Does anyone grow bamboo for screening purposes?

How safe is this configuration?
>>
>>1030623
not very safe. bamboo dgaf about your barriers. it will come up from underneath as the rootball/rhizome piles up against the wall
>>
File: test.png (75KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
75KB, 1024x512px
>>1030623
>>1030627
I would have a barrier just like this.
>>
File: 1496568111788.png (63KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496568111788.png
63KB, 1024x512px
>>1030630
I don't think you appreciate how smug bamboo can be anon
>>
Just get one of the non spreading varieties. Any decent nursery will have some in stock or be able to order them for you.
>>
>>1030641
This. Go for clumping varieties and not running ones.
>>
>>1030627
What he says.
There's a hospital near my place growing bamboo next to a small fountain. The area around it is already covered in grass an and other decorative plants and seperated by a ~15cm (~6") line of stones with a concrete limitation underneath.
This shit literally, and I really mean literally, spreads worse than any weeds, f. comp. worse than Dandelion.
It gets fucking everywhere and I expect the grass field at that hospital to look like a japanese jungle within 2 years.
Don't.
Get a nice Rhododendron bush or something like that, but otherwise you may expect a lawsuit from your neighbours for ruining their garden severely before you can say "I fucked up".
>>
File: Garden-Handsaw.jpg (85KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Garden-Handsaw.jpg
85KB, 550x550px
>>1030634
What if I regulary cut the rhizomes next to the barrier to avoid the pressure build-up? Pic related

>>1030645
Yes, but the running phyllostachys are hardy, grow fast and are spectacular. Also grow very high.
>>
File: eight.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
eight.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
>>1030623
Buy and use proper bamboo root barriers. That's what everyone else does. You can also buy and plant non-invasive bamboo instead of invasive bamboo.

/thread
>>
>>1030657
The faster they grow, the more maintenance you will have to keep up with. And if anything happens to you where you can't keep it up or you move, it may become unmanageable.

There are large patches of old bamboo stands that have taken over the woods in some places near me. One spot became so infested that it was used as a training area for troops going to Vietnam. If you're in a city with a small garden area enclosed by concrete then go for it. But if there is any chance of it escaping into the environment I would highly recommend going with something else.
>>
>>1030662
fuck the environment and fuck your neighbors. plant all the running bamboo you want.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.