[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First weekend off since I moved to Denver. Want to leave early

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Denver skyline.jpg (952KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Denver skyline.jpg
952KB, 1600x1067px
First weekend off since I moved to Denver.
Want to leave early tomorrow and go van camping withing an hour or two of the city.
Any recommendations for nice dispersed camping with firewood nearby and maybe fishing?
>>
Fuck off we're full.
>>
>>1029570
I am already here.
Maybe if some of you unemployed hipsters got jobs, they would not have to recruit half way across the country.
>>
>>1029527
California is real nice this time of year, and its only about 1,000 miles west.
>>
>>1029622
What? OP would waste his entire weekend just going and coming
>>
>>1029625
He is a Coloradoan who is mad at op for immigrating there and also for not posting this lame thread on /trv/ or just doing their own research instead of shitting up this board with requests that lead to a legion of 4 post threads
>>
>>1029633
/trv/ is not into camping.
Denver is the most /out/ city in america
>>
File: IMG_9129.jpg (44KB, 436x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9129.jpg
44KB, 436x361px
Nobody is going to give away their favorite dispersed campsites to strangers on /out/. My best advice would be to find your local forest's MVUM map and bring it with you.
>>
>>1029971
>MVUM map
what is that
>>
>>1029971
How about tenth favorite spot?
Surely someone has a spot to spare for a fellow /out/ist
>>
>>1029527
Brainard lake near nederland
>>
>>1030255
I'm in Leadville, we've got tons of great dispersed camping and fishing.

A few faves:
Weston Pass. Pullouts every few hundred feet, fire rings, USFS won't chase you off, decent fishing creek. Usually busy and full of mosquitos though.
Half Moon road: same as above.
Independence Pass: Several USFS campgrounds, but lots of pullouts with fire rings also. I don't know how good the fishing is, but it's a creek with beaver ponds.

Or you can do what the locals do and drive any of our thousands of miles of dirt roads and 4x4 trails until you find yourself on FS or BLM land and then plop down a tent in a likely looking meadow near a lake or stream. You can literally go in any direction from town and find camping and fishing within a few miles.
>>
>>1029527
Don't go to northern utah, the Mormons ruin it unfortunately
>>
>>1029527
I hate to break it to you OP but that's Salt Lake City
>>
I got a recommendation.. move out of Denver ASAP. It's one of the shittiest places I have ever been to.

>>1033244
mormons are the nicest people I have ever met?
>>
>>1029527
Cherry Creek and Chatfield reservoirs have world-class camping
>>
>>1033397
Kek
>>
File: really-thin-crisp-cookies-2.jpg (65KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
really-thin-crisp-cookies-2.jpg
65KB, 450x338px
>>1032138
This sounds like a great option fir Denver anons.

Maybe Leadville anon could host a get together inna woods?
>>
>>1034551
why would I do that?
I go in the woods to get away from people, I'm not going to invite a bunch along.
>>
>>1035741
Not even with your /out/ brothers?
Do you feel no kinship?
>>
>>1033364
>mormons are the nicest people I have ever met
Agreed.
Mormons and jehovas are unbelievably nice but they are into some batshit crazy ideas.
>>
>>1029527
I like jacks gulch in poudre valley. Its 45 min away in foco. I just got back today. Some places you have to be 150 ft off road to camp or shoot. Great camping tho and there are even a few pay places with bathroom and (water!)
>>
>>1039074
Tha ks anon will check it out
>>
>>1038059

>batshit crazy ideas
you could've just said "things I don't believe in"

t. LDSIDF
>>
>>1039182
How many wives do you want?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.