[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do only white people want to leave civilization and comfort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

Why do only white people want to leave civilization and comfort and go pretend they are homeless?

I hike a lot and can count the amount of colored people I have seen camping on one hand.
>>
File: o7coe1z7ccyy.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
o7coe1z7ccyy.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
Honestly? I think that the bulk of white people recognize that they're HUMAN and not white at their core. While everyone else is busy trying to get into touch with their "roots," ie a culture . Why would a black person go into the woods if they're too busy trying to figure out what it means to be a black man? That or it's just that white folk are, on average, more capable of handling chaos from a self reliance standpoint. Maybe it has to do with survival traditions needing to be passed down from one generation to the next and that paternal link is missing?

Who the fuck knows.
>>
I thought saying colored was extremely offensive? Is it ok now?
>>
>>1029107
Back to /pol/

>>1029096
It's because white people tend to have more money, while also being in a situation where they're working some boring office job, so the idea of living outdoors is seen as more interesting.
>>
Black guy here. I'm the only black guy I've seen /out/ in the thick of it. I've always wondered this myself.
>>
Disruption of the power process.
>>
Because dem crackas ain't be habbing no KFC and malt licker libations in da woods cuzza dem raysis
>>
File: chinese-spongebob-o.gif (514KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
chinese-spongebob-o.gif
514KB, 320x240px
>>1029112
I'd have to disagree with you there. Asians tend to make more money than whites while also having less /out/ careers. The most outdoorsy thing I ever see Asians do is walk around on fenced in tourist paths and take selfies for a few hours, so I think the difference is more of a cultural and historical one. Historically speaking, white people have been much more involved in outdoors stuff by being homesteaders and trappers and what not in the past, so it's permeated our culture much more than others. Compare that to basically any other culture, even whites in Europe who've had established settlements for much longer, the difference is pretty striking. That isn't to say that all Asians are city slickers, though. In Mongolia, everybody and their grandma knows how to ride a horse, set traps, start a fire, skin a fox, etc.
tl;dr, In history, whites have had a more /out/ culture than other races. Generally speaking of course.
>>
>>1029096
Most of it is heritage and history. The whites have been the explorers, conservationists, and hunters of the world dating all the way back to the Greek empires. Blacks have NEVER in the entirety of human history done any of that beyond subsistence hunting (which they're comparatively bad at, even today with the aid of Western technology), the asians island-hopped for a couple hundred years out of necessity and then stopped when they didn't need to any more, and the natives in south, central, and north America pretty much never gave a shit beyond subsistence hunting (and even then most of them farmed).

Moreover, whites have been the longest removed from any actual necessity to be out in nature, with the earliest industrial revolution.

Whether it's a subconscious drive to continue on or if it's genetic, or some mix thereof, I don't think it's ever been researched.

Disposable income plays a part in it as well, whites are far more likely to have large quantities of it than any demographic other than asians, mainly because they don't shit out a gorillion kids they have to support and generally have better-paying jobs.
>>
Thanks op
I don't need to start a new thread with this:
https://www.eastbayexpress.com/oakland/how-nature-heals-why-east-bay-doctors-are-prescribing-the-outdoors-to-people-of-color/Content?oid=6788567
>>
>>1029096
I don't know, why do black people like to smoke crack, walk out on their families, and shoot each other in the face?
>>
>>1029553
You forgot the tldr;
"So youze sayin, (smacks lips) nature be rasis n shiet."
>>
>>1029451
this is silly. blacks are mostly descended from horticulturalists, and steamrolled the non-black foraging aborigines of central, east, and southern africa. there were almost no hunter-gatherers left in africa at the time of european contact.

asians have if anything been more dynamically expanding than whites since the last glacial maximum: for instance, at least four discrete pulses into the americas, with the most recently asian peoples also the most vigorously mobile, westward expansion all the way to the baltic and finland, continuous pressing upward (the himalayas are predominantly occupied by mongoloid people and not any of the neighboring indid or caucasoid peoples) and northward, oceanic expansion all the way to east africa (madagascar and the indian ocean coast of mainland africa), south america, and the cold, uninhabitable islands south of new zealand
>>
>>1029706
>blacks are mostly descended from horticulturalists
Explain why there were absolutely 0 farms in Africa at the time of white conquest? Explain why the other black polulations (central american islands and australia) had absolutely 0 farms prior to white contact.
>asians expanding
>any time after the dawn of civilization and not before the distinction of homo sapiens vs. homo erectus
Pick one and only 1.
>>
>>1029096
A lot of poor/black people basically camp every day, so doing it as a vacation/fun activity probably isn't high on their list.
>>
>>1029104
I'm waiting for the sjws to demand we rename Colorado.
>>
They probably think there is some crazy ass white person hiding out there that's going to stalk them and do some weird shit the longer they have to plan and find opportunities shadowing them.
I live in a city and I'd really only go out for a few nights I'd still wonder if anyone followed me out there. Get a lot of threats in the city, some people got nothing to do with their time but try to make other peoples lives miserable.
>>
>>1030510
This is true, too. I bet black people fear a Deliverance-type situation even more than city whites.
>>
>>1030524
Well I don't know what it's like for them. I know for me leaving the city would cost me money compared to if I just stuck around there looking for it. If I were too routine about it I'd think someone with a grudge might get some ideas about it if they knew. I kind of like nature because I got taught bushcraft and how stuff was done hundreds of years ago off the land but that's just not even practical for a few days, or if you're trying to minimize your footprints so I wouldn't actually use any of it. I just like observing the wild and what's normal out there
>>
Asian guy here. I've actually met a fair amount of other asians in the backcountry, granted this is California. Everything from hikers, backpackers to hardcore climbers and mountaineers. An Asian trailrunner I know just qualified for the Boston marathon.
>>
>>1029104

who cares, fuck the niggers.
>>
If you want colored folk to experience the outdoors just build a welfare office out there.
>>
this thread is fucking terrible
>>
File: Cliff.jpg (165KB, 535x713px) Image search: [Google]
Cliff.jpg
165KB, 535x713px
why cant pol not ruin their own board?
>>
>>1029104
Just say nigger. It's ok, everyone else here is white too
>>
White people like nature. It's why our cities are full of nice parks and have trees planted in the streets.

Niggers live in squalor.
>>
>>1030622
We ain't got time for that, working three jobs to take care of our keeds and always needing Mac ds fer dinner cuz we tired from werking and sheeit and they don't dive us trash cans n shut cuz racism and cia crack dealers it takes all our time going to funerals cuz our babies get shot down in the streets by da po lease erryday when they just trying to turn they life around and getting they granny to church n shit , races cracka
>>
File: back_to_pol.png (488KB, 1000x1050px) Image search: [Google]
back_to_pol.png
488KB, 1000x1050px
Sure smells like /pol/ in here
>>
>>1029096
White people invented modern civilization and it has been co opted by undesirables so its only logical that they need a break fro it sometimes
>>
>>1030622
>If you're really white can you explain why your people feel the need to trash every state park, country forest and national park they visit.
ftfy
>>
>>1030681
go away reddit
>>
>>1029096
Because we want to get away from our multicultural hellholes full of "vibrant diversity."
>>
>>1029096
Being homeless is easy. You dont have to worry about the stresses of daily grinding, just gotta eat and sleep and walk around.
>>
File: skt.gif (662KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
skt.gif
662KB, 200x150px
>>1029104
>mfw it is offensive to say "colored people"
>mfw it isn't offensive to say "people of color"
>>
>>1029096
I live in Eastern Europe and plenty of slavs hike and backpack regularly. /out/ is not just for whites.
>>
>>1031446
Slav here. Can confirm.
>>
>>1029104
Black guy back again. It's really offensive to me both ways I don't get it. I'm just a damn person not a person of color or a colored person. It's stupid.
>>
File: zdar.jpg (9KB, 228x236px) Image search: [Google]
zdar.jpg
9KB, 228x236px
>>1031440
>mfw tape can be called "Scotch Tape" because the Scots are such cheap bastards
>mfw you could never sell "Jew Tape"
>>
>>1029104
What is the lifespan of new words for nigger?
>>
>>1031553
Shut up NIGGER

Noody cares bout your feelings
>>
>>1029096
Because whites come from cold temperate climates where you need self reliance and survival skills.

Blacks come from warm two-season climates where you can just build a mud hut and just hang out all year with a gourd around your cock.
>>
>>1032105
>just just
Sorry, should've edited.
>>
>>1029096
Probably because theres more white people with more time than they know what to do with than there is black people with free time.

Blacks are more often poor. Poor people worry about putting food on the table (or getting cool shit if they are retarded poor people). Thats all.
It always boils down to socioeconomics not any of this pseudo-scientific bullshit about how white people this or black people that.

The truth is you're probably retarded and will never amount to anything significant. You have no self-analytical skills, and will therefore never be happy. The only way for you to feel like you're not some insignificant spec on this earth uselessly wasting away is to take credit for the accomplishments of people who happen to have the same amount of melanin in their skin as you. Racist blacks and whites alike.

You did not discover calculus. Some much smarter person worth more than you did.

You wuz not kangz. Some other people that have nothing to do with you wuz. Thousands of years ago.
>>
>>1032115
Niggers don't worry about food, 1 because they got ebt and 2. because their brains never evolved to consider the future. You are a liberal appolgist white guilt retard.
>>
>>1029096
Black guy here. It's not that complicated, really. Historically most black people have been to poor to camp so it never became part of our culture.

I've only been camping once actually and since my father never learned it from his father it went pretty poorly. As a result, I likely won't teach my kids to camp, thus continuing the cycle.
>>
>>1029712
Wow, this is the most advanced autism I have ever seen, everything you said is 100% false.
>>
>>1032228
Show me on the doll where the truth touched you.
>>
>>1032230
I just don't know how fucking stupid you have to be to think there where no farms in Africa when white colonists arrived considering agriculture was independently discovered there.
>>
>>1032232
Start fucking providing sources then, because history literally shows them being semi-nomadic herders and fishermen resorting to raiding and cannibalism to keep their tiny tribes alive.

Hell some of them hadn't even mastered fire yet by the time the English arrived.
>>
>>1029096

Niggers just had to walk for a minute and get everything (they still do; in Africa and the gibs in the West)

Euros actually had to explore and scavenge
>>
>>1031553
>he thinks he's people
>>
>>1032261
There are domesticated plants from Africa that predate colonialism
How did they get domesticated if no one was growing anything in Africa?
>>
>>1032500
Again, start naming them. Provide primary sources.
>corn
North America
>wheat
west Asia/the Middle East
>barley
west Asia/the Middle East
>white rice
east Asia
>brown rice
east Asia, central America
>sugar cane
central America
>all forms of tea
Asia
>coffee
central and south America
>tobacco
North America
>poppies, khat, cannabis, coca
Middle East, Middle East, Middle East, north and central America respectively

None of the fruits found in Africa were domesticated or cultivated, they were foraged from wild stock with no actual human interference.
>>
>>1032261
>Asking for sources while sperging out in a source-less nonsense rant

ok faggot

>because history literally shows them being semi-nomadic herders and fishermen resorting to raiding and cannibalism to keep their tiny tribes alive.

Dude read a fucking history book, I'd suggest Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs, and Steel" but you'd probably just label it as false and return to your racist fantasy land. Luckily people like you are becoming more rare, the sooner people like you drop dead the sooner we can advance as HUMANkind.
>>
>>1032513
Foraging from wild stock often involves manipulating growing conditions which is a form of culivation (often more sustainable than monoculture plantation). But pre-colonial Africa was not limited to this type of agriculture. Yams,melons, coffee, oil palms, dates all grown in africa long before the Colombian exchange. Maybe you should check your facts, Sugar cane was not grown in the new world until plantations were established to grow it. Coffee is not native to central or south america (native to the horn of Africa, its stimulant effects discovered by sheep herders) and wasn't grown there before it was in Africa. Coca isn't widely grown in either north or central america but rather limited to south america in montane regions (not sure why you included so many cash crops and left out so many subsistence crops). Id suggest you learn what you are trying to talk about.
>>
>>1032541
Did your aunt buy you that book for your birthday?
>>
>>1032541
/his/ does not approve
>>
File: epson projector.jpg (89KB, 1500x1106px) Image search: [Google]
epson projector.jpg
89KB, 1500x1106px
>>1032115
>Blacks are more often poor.
>In a country where they are the minority
>And where 1% of people hold most of the wealth
There are far more poor whites than poor blacks here in the US.

>>1032115
>The truth is you're probably retarded and will never amount to anything significant. You have no self-analytical skills, and will therefore never be happy. The only way for you to feel like you're not some insignificant spec on this earth uselessly wasting away is to take credit for the accomplishments of people who happen to have the same amount of melanin in their skin as you.
Pic related
>>
>>1032554
>Yams,melons, coffee, oil palms, dates all
grew
>in africa long before the Colombian exchange.
>>
>>1032587
>There are for more poor whites than poor blacks here in the U.S.
>hurrdurr what are statistics??

If there's ever any proof that white people can be just as retarded as any minority I think it couldn't beat you
>>
>>1032975
>calls others retarded
>can't even spell
Okay, anon - I'll humor you. Let's see your statistic and source.
>>
>>1033333
>>
>>1032975
>>1033387
Here's mine:
http://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/poverty-rate-by-raceethnicity/?dataView=1&currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D
>total number of poor whites = 35962700
>total number of poor blacks = 18778600

You'll notice that in almost every state/territory there are more poor whites than poor blacks. While it's true that more of the total Black community is poor than the total White community (bolstering their percentages), the White community has higher raw numbers - which was my claim.

There are, truly, far more poor whites than poor blacks.
>>
>>1029712
So are mongols white?
>>
>>1032554
>melons, coffee, oil palms, dates all grown in africa
Yeah, by North Africans, not Sub-Saharan blacks.
>>
It's just inheritance of culture. Blacks have always been poor, being outdoors is a gentrified hobby. Asian and Latino immigrants have had to work in their countries and once they arrived in the USA. By the modern era very few developed going outdoors as a hobby. None of these groups have been able to pass on /out/ skills and interests to their children as widley as whites. Theres tons of latinos and asians who fish however, that was a popular hobby in the old country.
>>
>>1029096
because muh welfare check
>>
>>1033407
Now take into consideration the fact that there is nearly 6* as many Caucasian individuals as there is African-American and you still look like a retard
>>
>>1033471
>>1033407
Forgot my source :^)
https://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-02.pdf
>>
>>1033471
>>1033476
I don't get it - you're proving my point and calling me retarded. Did I fall into a warp zone and arrive in bizarro world?

I'm done. Keep on proving me right, buddy.
>>
>>1033532
I don't know who I'm arguing against, but I rest my case for whichever side defends the master race
>>
>>1033532
>white intelligence
Gooks will rule the world.
>>
>>1029432
gooks are some hunting and fishing motherfuckers. I have friends that are as redneck as me and off the boat and 2nd gen citizens.
>>
>>1029102
underrated black dad joke
>>
Youll notice its not just white people, its white people from the cities and suburbs mostly.

Country folk like to fish, not climb or jog.

I think u dont see too many black folks for a few reasons:

-Black people live in cities/countryside usually, and prefer sports for physical activity (think black tops and school football).

-city kids dont grow up camping as much as kids in boyscouts or kids with dads who camped growing up

-big parks are often far from the city and not along bus routes or subway stops
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.