[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of picking this up, mostly for fishing and dinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 51v+iyo48WL._SY400_.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
51v+iyo48WL._SY400_.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
Thinking of picking this up, mostly for fishing and dinking around on lakes and such. Thoughts?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00177J4JS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496272996&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=inflatable+kayak+1+person&dpPl=1&dpID=51v%2Biyo48WL&ref=plSrch
>>
yeah man, a cheap inflatable kayak around a bunch of hooks n shit. should work out fine.
>>
I bought one recently, I've only taken it out once, but for the price it's totally worth it. I would only recommend it on calm lakes and shit. It's not as fast or stable as more expensive kayaks, but it's also a fraction of the price of anything else. Probably not the best for fishing.

Go for it, kayaking is super fun.
>>
>>1028200
Save up a bit and get a used kayak. A real one.
>>
Cheap Pelican sit-in kayaks are about $175 right now, new. Consider that.
>>
File: bottomless boat.jpg (71KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
bottomless boat.jpg
71KB, 500x465px
me and my brother and a couple other guys are buying these to take up to some backcountry lakes in the sierra later this season. probably not gonna see fuckall, but what the hell, they only weigh 3 lbs, and if nothing else we'll have a nice float and get in a game of aquatic crabcock.
>>
>>1028200
In the same boat as you Anon (pun intended).
Pretty much already decided to buy one. I know it won't be as good as a 'proper' kayak but as stated it is like 1/10th of the price not to mention I don't have either storage, money or transportation for a proper kayak.
According to reviews it should be decent for beginners. If one starts to go kayaking a lot one can always upgrade and if not it is not that much money wasted.
Think I will get it sometime next week and might post in the fishing general if I remember to do so.
>>
What is kayaking really about? Is it just mostly for cruising downsteam on a river and enjoying nature? I know you can fish in them, but I don't think most people do. What do most people do with a kayak?
>>
File: alum boat.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
alum boat.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>1028200
>Thoughts?

Don't waste your money on pool toys. Just get a real boat, a canoe, jon boat or a starcraft on craigslist. There are some great deals. Put a trolling motor on it. It's a good investment and you'll be glad you did it.
>>
File: kayak.jpg (28KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
kayak.jpg
28KB, 400x225px
>>1028597
>What do most people do with a kayak?

Create a 14 foot yellow/brown kayak shaped patch of grass on their lawn.

Not many people use them frequently long term. Check out craigslist, that's why there are so many. Just paddling around looking at shit gets boring quick. Fishing with eye level 1 foot off the water does too. Your trips are very limited by weather and water conditions and you can't add much to them like a decent trolling motor or sonar.
>>
>>1028640
I see lots of kayaks around here with battery powered trolling motors. And even a guy with a fucking sail on his plastic kayak.
>>
>>1028653
>I see lots of kayaks around here with battery powered trolling motors
I have only ever seen 1
Pretty rare where i live and you need a special kayak
>>
Inflatable pontoon boats are great for fishing. Also, depending on your location watch out for BUI.
>>
>>1028692
Most of the ones around here just rachet strap a cut 2x4 to the top. And mount it to the side.

>also florida.
>>
>>1028711
>florida
Kek
>>
>>1028640
Kayaks can be pretty fun. Out here in Chicago, I can have a good time on Lake Michigan. Pack some food, booze, and a fishing pole and head out beach hopping. It's fun when big boats try to wake you out.
>>
>not carving your own kayak out of a felled tree

pussies the lot of you
>>
>>1029365
Traditional kayaks are animal skins over a wooden frame.

You're the retard.
>>
>>1028200
Go to a place that rents out kayaks and try it out to see if you actually like it.
>>
>>1028597
Fishing no motor zones and getting into really shallow water.
>>
>>1028640
>Not many people use them frequently long term.
Yes, many kayak owners don't paddle as frequently as they might. Some do.
>Check out craigslist, that's why there are so many.
If you're looking for a quality used boat, check out the gearswaps on Boatertalk or Mountainbuzz.
>Just paddling around looking at shit gets boring quick.
Maybe for you. If you're bored with the scenery, change rivers. Or try whitewater. Or surf kayaking. Or multi-days. Or fishing.
>Fishing with eye level 1 foot off the water does too.
A quality fishing kayak has a raisable seat, and you can stand.
>Your trips are very limited by weather and water conditions
This is true, but rain is a good thing for paddlers, and you can easily check water levels online at AW
>and you can't add much to them like a decent trolling motor or sonar
I suppose you could, but why would you want to? They're supposed to be human-powered, and fish-finders are gay.
>>
>>1028200
why not just get a real kayak?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.